• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Peculiar" DLC picks

NarBäk

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4660-5701-9228
This is a thread for the most outlandish impossible DLC picks

mine:
Zeraora from pokemon
joker from persona
boom primid from super monkey ball super and knuckles featuring shadow from the devil may cry series
Daroach from kirby squeak squad
Castle crashers from castle crashers (they vary with pallete swaps)
Candyman from Lethal League
The guy from Dead Cells
Kid from A Hat In Time
Hollow knight from Hollow knight
Geno from Sonic 3D blast deluxe XL

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I do not think Zeraora is all that outlandish really. I think that is actually a fair possibility, but the others are kinda weird XD

I would like to see Girahim in the game from Skyward Sword, but I just don't see that happening. He was a one time antagonist who wasn't even the MAIN antagonist.

Snorlax (Now THERE is a pokemon that would be SO cool, but will never see a smash game XD)

Rouge the Bat (sonic series...she is my favorite sonic character, but I never expect to see her in a smash game in ANY form)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I laughed.

Most the Pokemon I'd actually want to see; Meowth, Alakazam, Machamp, Gengar, Scizor, Blaziken, Gardevoir...

Vaati from Zelda. Minish Cap with a monster eye transformation for some attacks.

Gooey presuming spirits mean jack for DLC.

Medli, with the same reasons.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I see Vaati only breaking out the monster eye form for his Final Smash. Most of his moveset revolves around blowing his foes around like leaves in various ways.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Henry Fleming from Code Name STEAM. Would love it, but would make no sense for how that game performed and its future.

Also just like any insane third party like Sans or Ghost from Call of Duty or something.

Also Gritty.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I think probably the most “meta” choice would be a character from Rivals of Aether. Just to see it come full circle like that would be so awesome.

I thought of a Pokémon Trainer style team of Maypul, Zetterburn and Orcane.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
MasTeR ChiEF fEr SmaSH aMIriTe?

(Please Sakurai + Microsoft i really want Chief in)

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Earthworm Jim, not even sure what interplay is even up to now though

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Team Rocket Meowth.

That’s right. It’s 2018 and I’m still asking for a playable Meowth. 20 years and I’m still asking for a playable Meowth.

The fighter name would be “Team Rocket” but you are actually playing as a team of Meowth and Ekans and another team of Meowth and Koffing. Down+B to switch between Ekans and Koffing. Jessie and James stay in the background and they take turns summoning and calling back their Poison-type Pokémon.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Smaller Six.png
I'll always want Six as a newcomer for Smash, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

mine:
Zeraora from pokemon
joker from persona
boom primid from super monkey ball super and knuckles featuring shadow from the devil may cry series
The guy from Dead Cells
Kid from A Hat In Time

Man, it would be very strange for the rep from Hollow Knight to be the Hollow Knight rather than the main character

The Crashers.. I wonder how they'd work, since they all use different magic. The Ice/Poison/Electricity/Fire all work pretty differently. Maybe we just assume each CAN do the others' magic and just don't, and then have all four magics in one character? I'm not really against that

The Joker thing is weird to me- it seems like a TON of people want him in and it seems like such a random choice

As for Hat Kid... Totally for that. Hat in Time is incredible

NarBäk

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4660-5701-9228
Man, it would be very strange for the rep from Hollow Knight to be the Hollow Knight rather than the main character

The Crashers.. I wonder how they'd work, since they all use different magic. The Ice/Poison/Electricity/Fire all work pretty differently. Maybe we just assume each CAN do the others' magic and just don't, and then have all four magics in one character? I'm not really against that

The Joker thing is weird to me- it seems like a TON of people want him in and it seems like such a random choice

As for Hat Kid... Totally for that. Hat in Time is incredible
joker is pretty cool, but PERSONA MUSIC
the you never seen it coming meme is a music from this game
i said wrong, hollow knight should be represented with the main one
castle crashers would have the same moves, the pallete swaps would change the "skin" of the move

and i subbed :3

My outlandish picks are Corsola and Moge-ko. I've been over this before...
iiiii'm pretty sure one of them are 18+

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
joker is pretty cool, but PERSONA MUSIC
the you never seen it coming meme is a music from this game
i said wrong, hollow knight should be represented with the main one
castle crashers would have the same moves, the pallete swaps would change the "skin" of the move

and i subbed :3
Oh snap thank you

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
While Ayumi and Grovyle from PMD aren’t the most common choices for Smash DLC, they’re somewhat spread around the fan base.
My more unusual choices are definitely characters like Mismagius, Sakura, Alakazam, Tron Bonne, and Arthur from Ghosts n’ Goblins.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I used to pull for Edward Falcon too until I realized that I forgot that Power Stones has never been on a Nintendo platform. It will never happen but it would be amazing to see this 4-player 3d fighter make a comeback and having it be on Switch with promotion in Ultimate.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I used to pull for Edward Falcon too until I realized that I forgot that Power Stones has never been on a Nintendo platform. It will never happen but it would be amazing to see this 4-player 3d fighter make a comeback and having it be on Switch with promotion in Ultimate.
Wouldn't mind seeing all the Dreamcast stuff just get put in a collection or something. Anything to get Sonic Adventure 2 on Switch

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
-Herobrine from Minecraft (community myths acknowledged in each changelog and rarely in official art)

-Flan from FNaF World

-That person who buys Poes from you in Ocarina of Time

-Depressed Spongebob from Mother 3

-The Grinch

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You) or Agnès Oblige (Bravely Default). People would sooner expect Geno, Sephiroth, Dragon Quest character etc. as the new Square Rep, so either of these two would be a surprise out of left field.

(And I actually want Neku)

Also, KOS-MOS for Bamco, as most would expect Heihachi or Lloyd due to them being Mii Costumes in 4.

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman

mine:
Zeraora from pokemon
joker from persona
The guy from Dead Cells
Kid from A Hat In Time
Seeing your icon made me think of Lesser Dog.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All right, I've just had a dream that Devilish Kawashima was confirmed and he fought like an E-rated version of Omega Tiger Woods of MUGEN/Saltybet fame. Tons of weird sound clips and artifact-heavy jpegs, basically just a big head on a stick figure body. If this comes true I'm a prophet.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I think a peculiar but well received pick would be solo Poppi from XC2 (maybe with some Tora here & there).
I could see it happening.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I really want a Nintendog, Dr Lobe, Style Savvy character, Doshin, Hanafuda and Mini-Kanguroo.

I mean, wouldn't it be cool if you kill a space pterodactyl monster massive murder with a girl who makes clothes ?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Zeratul from Starcraft or Thrall from Warcraft could be amazing Smash Characters

Marin or Vaati could be neat Zelda characters

Daroach because he is super underrated (I think he is cooler than Marx tbh)

Freddy Fazbear

Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII

Blaze the Cat or Cream the Rabbit

That's all I can think of

Top Bottom