• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Royal Battle Room

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Sry for double post...

Allright guys i really need your help, i think i DONT understand Peach's game :(

I know how to do her technical stuff, i know mindgames, i know all that, but i think i do not understand, here, let me explain what i mean: i was analyzing Peach's best stage counterpicks, both through sets of tournament matches, and by what some of u guys have posted in the stage counterpick thread, and then i realized, i have no ***** clue on why...

Why is Brinstar so **** awesome for Peach? (every1 counterpicks that stage as Peach, ***, even i do awesome in there as Peach when i play there), but i dont understand why... Why is Fountain of Dreams so good for Peach? Why is Mute City so good for her too? There are some more stages that repeat themselves vs a lot of chars on good counterpicks, but those 3 are the ones that repeat themselves the most.

My question is why? and also... What is Peach's gamestyle? I really dont understand it, its like i play, i win some and loose some, but then i try to recap and i dont understand what is Peach's apporach to matches, so thats why i dont understand why she does so good on certain stages.

I guess my main question would be WHAT INSTANCE OF PEACH'S GAMESTYLE/GAMEPLAY IS EXPLOITED SO HARD IN THOSE STAGES THAT MAKE EM SUCH AWESOME COUNTERPICKS?

Thx for the help and sry for making the post so long, im just terribly confused.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'll try to tackle this one...
Mutecity is awesome because of her recovery.. the level has alot of parts that severely limit the recoveries of other characters, due to the fact that there aren't any edges that I can think of, except maybe at the end of the tunnel... I will have to check that. Also, against certain characters, you can float under the stage while it's moving and Upair your opponent to an UpB.

Fountain of dreams is wicked for her Downsmash, but this is dependant on a few things;
1) Positioning of yourself and your opponent relative to the rising/lowering platforms
2) How smart/stupid you/your opponent are/is.

Also, Fountain hurts alot of other characters, and because of the way the platforms move, it also sometimes opens up the opportunity to chainthrow.

Brinstar:
Man, I can't tell you. I almost never play on this level, but I'm starting to think that maybe I should. In fact I never play this level...

My counterpicks tend to be DreamLand and MuteCity

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
ACID COMBOES FTW!!

It's like Mute City, Peach can float over the acid harmlessly, she can parasol through the ground, and she can float and hit people when they get hit by the acid. Downsmash and fcnairs allow her to split the stage rather quickly.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
what about sheik vs peach?... 'cause i hate them so much!!-.- im a peach player because i really like her and i think she's the best player in ssbm=)) even if some people (noobs) say that she is a weak character, but when i play with sheik, its anoying deal with sheik... =(( what can i do againts them?
Glad to have you aboard.

Now, as you know, Shiek is one of Peach's counters, which means that she has several disavantages that makes her chances of winning lower then it's suppose to.

Now, for a herm, shi's a *****. She's similar to Marth in some way. The thing is, Shiek could mess up her close up game by getting her into quick combos and chain grabs. Once you're at higher percentage (80%+), all she needs is a grab and a uair and it's a near instant kill for Peach.

I'm not sure how to help you, because I'm having problems with that matchup. The best I could tell you is that be careful when close up to hir. ><

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Sheik isn't a Peach counter, just don't get grabbed and Peach beats Sheik everywhere else.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Guys, in Brinstar should i try to split the stage? (u know, hitting that thing in the floor that connect the main platform)

Does Peach get even more of an advantage if i split that main lower platform into two?

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Peach is too slow to not be grabbed =/
Im not really sure how to play well against shieks, I keep hearing how her d-tilt is supposed to help out somehow.. but i'm not sure when to use it.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
dtilt works very good as a CC follow up, and u can combo it into a grab or some FCs.

Its also great vs sweetspotters, and every Sheik tries to sweetspot the ledge.

Some1 plz tell me if i should try to split the lower main platform into two or not (in Brinstar)

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I've got a problem, how is peach supposed to face a samus? her projectiles outdo peach's... her horrizontal recovery rivals peaches, and i can't find many effective ways to edgeguard her on levels like final destination well. she's about the same speed, and her nair is pretty good. Any tips?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I've got a problem, how is peach supposed to face a samus? her projectiles outdo peach's... her horrizontal recovery rivals peaches, and i can't find many effective ways to edgeguard her on levels like final destination well. she's about the same speed, and her nair is pretty good. Any tips?
I remember in a tournament where I faced this Samus in brackets... My first match was on FD, I got 2 stocked. Then I took him to Yoshi's Island where I 2 stocked him. Final match, he counterpicked FD where it went down to the last stock and I lost.

While we were eatin chicken wings during the intermission before the semifinals... that's where I found out that he screwed me over (he didn't respect Dave's stupid rule)

Oh well the point of this post was: try to play her on small stages maybe??? and also try to learn the rules if it's one of your first tourneys lol

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Yea... i know not to pick the big levels, but what do i do if its random select or he counterpick's the lvl? cause i always use my ban on battlefield (obvious reasons)

Even on other levels i'd like to have some help on facing them. Any help is appreciated =)

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
What've you got against Battlefield?

I haven't faced a particularly good Samus yet, which will hopefully happen at FC, but usually it's best to just fight Samus up close. Remember, Samus players love to crouch cancel, and if they don't break that habit for the Peach matchup, you have the best counter to it.

From what I remember of playing against you, you tend to go for a more defensive style and use turnips a lot. Kind of difficult to keep that up against a Samus player who's definitely got you beaten in projectile camping.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I don't like the edges on battlefield... somehow i always get stuck up+B'ing undernieth or somehow magically not grab on to the edge v.v. idk v.v

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Against Samus: Learn to powershield. Don't pull turnips if she can easily missile at that opportunity, or you'll eat the missile and won't even get your turnip. This means that you'll probably be using a lot less turnips on any Samus worth playing against. Some of Peach's moves (like b-air) outprioritize missiles.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Note to all Peach players do what me and Phish-it do. Not a lot of Down Smashes and use a lot of Tilts. Because this keeps the player worried about a Down Smash when a Tilt is what is gonna hit him and once they run in Down Smash lol. Also when you Down Smash and they land on top of you do it again it works.

shotafan

Smash Cadet
I don't like the edges on battlefield... somehow i always get stuck up+B'ing undernieth or somehow magically not grab on to the edge v.v. idk v.v
Peach is a monster on the edge...get comfortable with the edge...-_-;

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Samus can be a problem for Peach. But you can be a bigger problem to her. here is a few things I want you to work on if you want to get better at this match.

When you hit her off the stage, if she is far away and below the stage coming back, throw turnips. if they connect a good 2 to 3 times you can send her backing. If she is above you, create a wall of turnips and throw them at her.them when she comes down slowly, hit her with a N-air or some else to keep her off, If he is hanging on the edge, Float over it and do a FC to D-air, then N-ar her for the kil (time it)

when you fight her on the ground, at times you have to be evasive with her. watch for missiles, its always good to have a turnip in your hand and follow up with a combo.. Use the FC techs, to take her out and make the match hard for her. Samus cant really do much about that. Also be patient when fighting her. Watch how the samus moves. watch how they come at you and all.

If getting comboed, DI away. Don't try to get a hit in before her. get some space then go into the fight. Back off when getting comboed
If samus throws you down, DI away from her cause she will hit you with a N-air
Move around alot, wave dash, Dashdance, and Use FC techs, try not to stay still so much. Confuse them in your movement
Watch for her missiles, if you have to retreat go ahead and get some space from her, then you think you got it, go back into the fight. nothing wrong with running away and getting space
Mix up your grabs and dash attacks.
Don't crouch cancel aginst samus too much, you will get owned for it hardcore.
mindgames buddy. Use goodmindgames to own.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Samus kills u with missles and N-Air. When she is recovering some Samus' are good at getting around needles/turnips so keep throwing but be smart about it.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Sweetspotted usmashes vs samus, those things really kill if u get em right, yes, iknow its not that easy, but sweetspot the usmash and ull kill at "relatively" low percentages

Samochan

Smash Master
My take on how to take on Samus

- Spam turnips a lot. When you see an openign with her missile spamming, get a turnip. Most of the time stay as far away as possible so you can pull your turnips. Then spam her back and attack with turnip in hand.

- When Samus spams and you get close, prepare to avoid that aerial she's trying to get you with and punish. Floathing backwards with fair or another aerial can work nicely, but be careful, she has lot of range on her aerial attacks.

- When attacking Samus' shield, space your fair and watch out for the up B out of shield or shieldgrab. Sidestep works for both, though the grapple can be annoying at times and gets you when you regardless of timed sidestep.

- When Samus is on ground, attack with either fair or dair above her dtilt and dsmash range and other stuff. This will enable you to avoid her cc'ing into dsmashes and dtilts.

- Powershielding her missiles and charge shots can come out as a nasty suprise for samus when she tries to dash attack you after missiling.

- CC as many hits as you can and always dsmash before she can. If she tries the same trick it'll deal nice damage to her. You can cc samus' nair, fair, uair, dash attack, jab and ftilt. Beware of anti-cc attacks like utilt, fsmash, dair, dsmash and dtilt.

- Beware of those pesky bombs samus players like to leave. They will stop you on their tracks and also leave you open for comboes, not to mention deteoriate shields. Bombs also enable her to SWD and missile cancel, so be prepared. They come out fast and after being sent up, samuses might drop bombs on you.

- Do not let samus get back on stage when she's out. Throw turnips on her bomb recovery if she's down enough and throw turnips up to stall time and make a pillar if she's recovering from above. Kill her grapple with a well aimed turnip thrown/dropped down. If she has no grapple, pester her with turnips and force her to try to sweetspot the ledge, then edgehog her or push her away again. You can always float below stage and attack her while she's vulnerable from her recovery.

- As samus' short hop goes quite high, this opens plenty of opportunities to uair, rising nair and upsmash her. All of them go trough her aerial attacks if done from below. As a quick attack, nair works nicely but beware of cc, so shield should work after quick fc nair.

- Her aerials will outprioritise peach's so be careful especially when above samus. Samus' uair will cut trough everything so keep a close eye of that. Nair has lots of range and comes out fairly quickly, and can also be done from dthrow. Beware of her dash attack and cc when you can for nice dsmash.

- Common Samus tactics include jab to dsmash/fsmash, bomb jumps to dair/aerial, doublemissile cancels, doubleplatform cancelled missiles, SWD, wd backwards to fsmash to avoid your approaches, missile spam to nair/fair, up B out of shield, ledgehop charge shots ect.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was been doing so testing and thinking this week. I played my friends Marth 2 days ago. I was useing the Dtilt on him........O_O that move pwns him, I was able to do so much combos on him, and due to the fact that the move has more range then her Dsmash, its better in some cases. I did Dtilt to a F-air and ended his life.......that easy. I did some other stuff 2 with it that made the matches with Marth a bit less of a struggle.

For Falco I was thinking of Up-B out of the shield alot, its the fastest thing Peach can pull off to brake his combos in stead of shielding in one spot and having him eat your shield. And that way you can get space, and get a hit in while doing it. Most Peaches would try to grab or roll. At times you can get a grab in, but you would have to know when. and it can be risky, cause the shine would come in first before the grab. Also, while Falco spams his lasers and he is getting close, I think it is possible to get a toad out. That would mess up so much for him. and Toad has a pretty good range. Also when you think he is about to start spamming, use the toad. I think this would come in handy.If this works, I think Falco will be forced to fight Peach face to face. And if your good at handling a falco close up. The Battle could be 50% less of a struggle............well this is my opinion. Im not sure if it will work and all. But would not hurt to try. I'll test this out at a tourny I was invited to and see how I do

Also, I wanna know if Peach is Best played offensive or defensive? And why for what ever reason that is. Or does it depending on the character she is playing. and if so, what characters should see go all out on and defensive on the rest?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
The shine will always come before the grab... if it doesn't, then the Falco can't shffl properly and you can abuse him

Toad can be good but only on Falcos that don't know their shooting ranges. They will usually position themselves out of the range of the Toad's spores thanx to reverse SHL.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Also, I wanna know if Peach is Best played offensive or defensive? And why for what ever reason that is. Or does it depending on the character she is playing. and if so, what characters should see go all out on and defensive on the rest?
even though it's better if you mix it, I mostly like going agressive on them. I feel that if you go agressive, you won't give your opponent time to breath, let alone, make him complete his move first. Unfortunatly, agressivness can go so far (like against Bowser and DK). It's always good to be defensive too.

Kman25

Smash Ace
even though it's better if you mix it, I mostly like going agressive on them. I feel that if you go agressive, you won't give your opponent time to breath, let alone, make him complete his move first. Unfortunatly, agressivness can go so far (like against Bowser and DK). It's always good to be defensive too.
You cant go aggressive on every char like Marth for say. You go aggressive against him you will get pwned by his range. I think it should change dependent on the character your up against, Aggressive against Falco and etc, Defensive against Sheik and Marth etc

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You sir, are a lil off. If you go crazy on Marth or Falcon...............**** so hard Peach is gonna have a kid. You cant play the same against every character. Thats something you fail to realize. Same with me. But I learned that, thats why I asked what is best. this is MY opinion........

Offensive:

Falco

Samus

Peach

Gannon (Im not too sure about this one.........)

Defensive:

Falcon

Marth

Shiek

Fox

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I may be wrong but would that not make it a better reason to be patient and let them leave themselfs open? C.Falcon Is fast and he is agressive. So most likely he will be over Peach. His Speed can give her much trouble. This may be you though but I go defensive on this one, falcons love to be all over and most dont have patients. And if you spam turnips, they will come at you to stop that. then you take it from there

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I may be wrong but would that not make it a better reason to be patient and let them leave themselfs open? C.Falcon Is fast and he is agressive. So most likely he will be over Peach. His Speed can give her much trouble. This may be you though but I go defensive on this one, falcons love to be all over and most dont have patients. And if you spam turnips, they will come at you to stop that. then you take it from there
Not all falcons are impatient you know. For example, the smart ones. Watch out for uair if you try to go above falcon because if he uses his boot as a spacing tool you cant really beat it if you are above him. Also spaced nairs on shield mess up peach, and dairs stop the occassional dumb dsmash spammer peach.

You have to be careful with your turnip placing and make it count though because sometimes you can be hard pressed to pull them and they can be a good tool for control, but only if you use them wisely since cf can punish you hard for pulling a turnip from about half way across fd. If peach keeps him in his shield though he gets *****.

Falcon has no reason to rush in mindlessly and get *****. If you are banking on the fact that they are not a smart player then that is not a very good way to fight him or any other character for that matter.

Me14k

Smash Lord

What works for me against samus is to camp at middle range..as long as my turnips keep hitting samus, samus has trouble camping. The best thing for you to do as samus is to keep your range as much as possible...go for pokestadium..easy platform missles.

Top Bottom