• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Royal Battle Room

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hello, and welcome to Peach's battle room, where our lovely princess trains, strategize, and....drinks tea and eats cake before a battle XD

In here, this topic could be used to give great information for Peach players that they need, or that is still debatable. Also, this place is also used to answer the many basic questions people ask for

- Peach's Vs. statics

- Her combos/mindgame/edgehog game

- How to use these moves themselves effectivly.

Really, the main purpose of this topic is to halt all the frequent questions smashers usually post (from Fox matchup statics to how to do this certain technique effectivly, and many more).

This place is for both n00bs and pros alike. You don't have to main/second Peach in order to post here, you know. Any amount of critics and such about peach and her matchups is fine here (as long as it doesn't go to a flame war). One person could answer a question about Peach and several others could try to answer that.

Hopefully, this source of Peach stuff questionairs would be worthy enough to be stickied ^^;;

---- Matchups ------

Red - Counter

Name: YLink

Threat Level: 3/5

Why: Quick Motivbility + spamming ability = annoying character that can deliver lots of combos. He has 3 projectiles : Bombs, arrows, and a boomerange. A good YLink could use these three to his advantage. While in combat, though most of his attack strength is weaker than Links, he makes up for it with quick speed and comboing. He also has better wavedash ability then Links, thus why he's able to be more mobile. YLink's projectile damage even surpasses Link's! (by a bit, i think lol).

The kid's tough, but not impossible to beat. YLink is just freaking annoying.

Solution:

Dark Peach said:
If you want to tone down the spamming, best to stay on his azz and dont give him much space. Only a fool will pull out a bomb or bomberang when you are right in thier faces. For you can abuse the lag time and get them before they can use the weapon.
This is basically the answer to stop all spamming characters =D

Dark Peach said:
Once Y.link has a bomb in his hand, you dont have to worry about getting hit with his regular attacks. For he and do only three things....

-throw bomb

-shoot arrow

-throw bomberang

So keep that in mind.
The reason why to keep an eye for the bomb is because it's a item. characters with items on their hands could attack you with another move as soon as it hits, therefore starts the combo ****. The best you could do with a bomb is shield against it.

You could throw a turnip at him (I wouldn't try to use too much though), but don't pull it out near him. He'll either fair you or dair (which that and Uair is what you really need to watch out for)

Dark Peach said:
Also remember that while you have a turnip in your hand, You can not do any other attack except Up B and F-B. You cant even use your air attacks. Only time you can do that is if you use a FC tech. YOU can FC air attacks while you have a turnip in your hand.
So yeah, best stay close to him as best as you can. Try not to use many Fairs against him unless you're confident it'll hit. Remember, he's mobile.

Once he's off the stage field, don't rest on him just yet. Because he can not only hook-shot himself to the stage, but he could also wall jump as well, this makes taking him out a bit more tricky. When he's hanging on the ledge, space yourself pretty well. You could try to go to him and Dsmash his ***, but he could jump up and then Dair you. That's when the turnips comes in play. So go ahead and rain him with turnips.

Name: Bowser

Threat Level:

Average Bowser - 3/5

Stupid Peach Player - 4/5

Gimpyfish skills - 5/5 (higher if you're a stupid Peach player)

Why: Just because Bowser got his *** handed in various sports game with her, doesn't mean he'll be just as easy in a fight. Unfortunatly, Super Princess Peach came out after Melee, so her PMS can't save/protect her this time XD

Bowser is all about power.As big as he is, he's surprisingly fast with the L cancels. And his mass makes it harder to take him off a stage if you're in a large stage.

The reason why the threat level is higher for 'stupid peach players' is simple : Most tend to be agressive on nearly all their opponents. Aggressive Peach players + Bowser's power = horrid ****.

If you're facing Gimpyfish or someone, then you're kinda screwed in any case XD

Solution:

Again, DON'T BE AGRRESSIVE WITH HIM! Any attacks you try to agressivly use, he'll punish you with his Shield + fortress tactic and his fair is powerful. This means you gotta cut down on the dash attacks as well. Play him like you would play Marth: Play him with caution.

Dark Peach said:
A bowser that can outmindgame you is a bowser that you will fear

He's a big guy, so he's pretty easy to combo. Try to FC, but don't do any nairs too much. He'll shield fortress you. Try some nairs here and there.

The best you can do against him is just outmindgame him. Nice chiain grabs are good too. Also, stay mostly on ground level. Because of his outmatched power, he could send you flying upward with his uairs and his Up b.

Also, use the turnips as your advantage and just spam them when needed. Remember to use the turnips as your start combo as well.

When he's off the stage, depending on his height and distance, he'll either Up B or Down B his way to the edge. If he Down B it, then don't rush to him so soon. His Bowser Bomb is faster then your running speed, so you'll basically get baited for a fair. When he's off the edge, spam him with turnips!

Remember, pick your moments of being agressive. You have to play a defensive play in order to win this battle.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I still see myself as a newb but I am working on some mind games with Turnip Throw Cancels (TTC). It works like this...

I pull a Death Turnip, and wavedash so they can't tell what it is. If they figure out it's a death turnip or a bomb you start to do a lot of Dashdancing to TTCs. When they see you TTC they wlil get scared out of thier mind. They'll play very defensive, you'll be able to get in some instant floated bairs and nairs. Keep TTCing until they get used to it, and then actually throw it. You don't see TTCing that much so it makes it a very interesting mindgame. Be sure you know how to do it though, you'd hate to throw a bomb in the ground and kill youself.

I'd like to here some feedback on this and anything else I could do with TTCing, I think it's kinda cool.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'd mindgame myself if I did that...

Honestly, you DON'T want to approach people with FC. That's like asking to be predicted. You have to be able to fc very close to your opponent so it's not noticable.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
I'd personally camp and spam turnips thoughout a match. Unless I'm against a Falco, I keep a closer distance
When the opponents charging in, I'd punish them with a grab then link it to other attacks.
After that I'd get some more distance and spam turnips again...

When I'm the one charging in I'd use the dash attacks or a grab. At times I'll crouch cancel and downsmash hoping my opponents accidently tilted down.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Movement is one then One must know how to do. One needs to know how to move to throw your enemy off guard and stuff. and link your movement into attacks and mindgames. can just ran and attack. Have to use your movement to execute your moves and mindgames. Like wave dash back to slap. Wave dash back, then foword to slap to Dsmash. wave dash back to FC-Fair to wave dash forward to grab. Many things you can do. Its end less. If you can do this then your set to go. Movement is a big part of smash. You can know all the tricks and all. but if you dont know how to set it up, its useless. or can only get you so far.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Movement is a big part of smash. You can know all the tricks and all. but if you dont know how to set it up, its useless. or can only get you so far.
^^^^^ It's is VERY important. As in, you don't get 3 stocked by some young link noob.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Young Link Noob? Dont tell me this happen too you, and if not, what do you mean by that?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yes, it happens to me... He predicts my movements and punishes them. I have a hard time trying to be predictable even though I have such good tech skill...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats cause he knows you, and a good Yong link can be tough. like i said, you can know all the tricks, question is..can you use them right? So you may have great tech skills, but if the other person knows you well, wont help much. Need to learn how to move and through your enemy off dude. thats the way to go. Add all that you know into that and you'll be just fine

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
i dunno. people keep saying young link is supposed to be a counter. i dont really believe it. Although he's annoying, he has to work hard to kill you. You'll usually have a life where you get really high damage and that ends up being the difference in the match. Basically, be aggressive so that he won't camp you with his multiple projectiles, but always be aware of what can kill you and avoid it

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
On spamming Y.Links you have to be forceful and not give him much space to breath to pull out weapons, here is advice I gave to my friend on this match up, so it can help for you and any other player that has problems.

Once Y.link has a bomb in his hand, you dont have to worry about getting hit with his regular attacks. For he and do only three things....

-throw bomb

-shoot arrow

-throw bomberang

So keep that in mind. He cant even hit you with his hook shot.

If you want to tone down the spamming, best to stay on his azz and dont give him much space. Only a fool will pull out a bomb or bomberang when you are right in thier faces. For you can abuse the lag time and get them before they can use the weapon.

The bomb is what to really avoid the most. For it starts the ****. Here is a way to deal with them. When a bomb hits your shield, Jump out the shield and Z-grab it. So you will have something to use against him, and it would be faster to attack him instead of picking up a turnip. Try to avoid getting hit with bombs the most out of all weapons, and at the same time stay close to him. You have to learn how to evade while getting close. With this Y.Link He does not spam 24/7. So dont be so afraid to get near him or stay close to him. Cause if you keep on his azz, you force him to fight you off with his attacks, not his weapons since they are too slow.

Now when you have a turnip and get close to him, shield and when you think he is open, throw it out of your shield. Throw turnips out of your shield alot while getting close. Very affective while getting close to spammers.

If your near him while he spams, DONT pick up a turnip, you leave yourself open for combo **** or an attack. Only get one when he is out of your range to hit you with a weapon or he is too busy running away and spamming.

When Y.Link Has a bomb in his hand and your near him, just watch him closely. Once he uses up the bomb or Z-drops it, get at him as fast as you can. To me, once he drops or uses his bomb he is nothing to worry about at all. For they rely on the bomb to start thier combos. Make him waste it. bait him to waste it when near. He cant hold it for long since it will blow up on him. so whill he has a bomb in his hand stay close, but at the same time be evadsive. Be on point and fast.

Remember this as well. when you have a turnip and you go to Y.Link it puts him on the defensive even more, cause now you have a way to hit him at distance. And he will be on the look out for that. Also remember that while you have a turnip in your hand, You can not do any other attack except Up B and F-B. You cant even use your air attacks. Only time you can do that is if you use a FC tech. YOU can FC air attacks while you have a turnip in your hand.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
I have serious problems vs Fox, plz some1 help me out, my main problem is that my game relies A LOT on shield grabbing, but Fox's forward smash and upsmash tend to push me away far enough so that he cant be shield grabbed... sometimes when that happens i try to punish with down smash instead, but it sometimes misses too due to the ammount of pushback...

I dont know what im doing wrong, i really think u can shield grab fox usmash and fsmash, but i dont get it why i cant :S, help is appreciated :)

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Uhm... pull out a bob-omb and KO him.

If he loves to smash like that, smash back! When ever he approaches and you know shield grabbing might not work, use the awesome downsmash!

Foxes are mainly aggressive. They will shoot you until you get ticked off and approach them. This is camping. Your approach and face reaction is what he wants! He must like the face of people who get ticked off! Instead, pull out a turnip and spam it. Once he gets hit, there is a little lag time where you can charge in and use a fast attack, preferibly a grab. If you do this too much they will start "shining" meaning using their reflector. This is your chance to pull off a mindgame and hit them while they are "shining." I'll add more when I think up of more....

Something for other Peach Players:
For Peach, I have to say something. She has a freaking slow stage recovery! One of the faster way is to air dodge onto the stage which I really recommend because most recovery said before are too slow. Though slow, she probably has the best mindgames in the stage recovery. How? When you double jump you can chose to hold [Y] or [X] to float. When you Up-B you can pretend to stay in the air and stall. You can put your parasol down by pulling the joy pad down. Bring the parasol back again by pressing up! You can do this continuously. I'll add more when I think up of more....

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have serious problems vs Fox, plz some1 help me out, my main problem is that my game relies A LOT on shield grabbing, but Fox's forward smash and upsmash tend to push me away far enough so that he cant be shield grabbed... sometimes when that happens i try to punish with down smash instead, but it sometimes misses too due to the ammount of pushback...

I dont know what im doing wrong, i really think u can shield grab fox usmash and fsmash, but i dont get it why i cant :S, help is appreciated :)
Dont rush into fox. That can lead to ****. Bait fox into aerials or shines. then react fast to get the hits one. Peach is slow, so rushing or chaseing him, or running away wont help. Patients is Key here. Fox is fast and for that have many advantages on you. It may be hard at first but. best not to try to go all out on him. (unless its a person you know very well or a noob fox) Wave dash to dash dance. and watch how the fox moves. If you get shined, dont try to get a Dsmash in, cause the shine comes in too fast for you to get that in. Smash DI Learn that. you be suprised how that can screw up foxes whole game play. Not this makes the match less harder.

Ok, so now you know that his speed can be trouble. but patients and all can help reduce that trouble. Now for his attacks. Most of then you can crouch cancel to Dtilt or Dsmash. at around 30% I would Dtilt him, then combo him into a grab and chain grab him. at around 80%, Dsmash him to rack up damage. abd send him flying. you will want to rack up as much as possible before sending him out the stage.At low Damage you can Dsmash him if you want, but doing so will send him flying out of your reach thous you have to bait him into you again. When close to fox, you want to rack up as much damage as possible.His up throw, smash DI it and if you cant or miss it DI away from him. Now from this point, Fox will csae you like hell so He can get another U-throw in.Wiggle out when your stuned in the air.and if you can land cause fox is all over the play, Time Your D-air to his U-air. You do it right your D-air can stop his U-air and you can land to the stage. This Down throw, when he does it mix up your techs, like tech in place, tech to the left or right. Mix it up to thrown him off. Cause he might tech chase you. But You need to know how to time the tech when he Dthrows you, cause if you dont, You will eat a smash attack.

Well, now that you know all of this, next you need to know is how to attack a fox. FC can do wonders on his furry azz. and since he is a fast faller, you can combo him pretty easy. Fox can **** Peach. But cause of Foxes weight, He can **** him just as bad. Dtilt pwns foxes to nasty Peach combos. Use this more at low damage. Shoot, even at high damage, you can do it then ether N-air him or Up-air him for the kill. If Fox is like going crazy on the stage and want to slow him down when attacking you. Jab him, that jab stops him dead. Jab one then grab or Dsmash him. And if Times Dtilt as well. F-air does great when connected. Wavedash back to a FC and F-air him. Space the move so You are not to close to get grabbed or attack if you miss or he blocks it. N-air out of the shield or FC-Niar or back air out of the shield works great too. Attack out the shield alot and dont roll too much. Remember Fox is speedy.Dont pick up turnips when your in range with fox. Or too much, even at a slight far distance, he can catch you in time to grab or attack you.Only when the time is right grab a turnip. Mix your Dash and grabs. Dont always dash, cause remember this. Most People that play Peach, when Peach runs to them what id most likely expected? A dash attack. and in most cases Peaches do dash attack alot. So mix up the grabs and Dash attack to throw you enemy off. Use Use FC techs fast when in rage with for if you plan to use it at all. Cause FC can leave you open to attacks. Best not to do it too far away and leave yourself open for an attack. The right FC can pwn his azz.You can also grab fox when he tries to drill shine you. But you have to time it. Once he drills you time it right and you can grab him out the shield before the shine comes in. Also out the shield. U-B out if it at times if possible for a quick escape if you need breathing space. Its pretty fast. And breaks through almost anything when done out the shield.

I doubt I need to explain how to edge guard him cause one he is out the stage, its **** time.
If he U-B when trying to return (I love this kill so much) In the middle of it before he is set into flame, hit him with a turnip, its stops him head on and he falls to his Death. B-air him when he does his U-B. But be careful, bad timing , he can go throw it and hit you. Or you both will take each others hits.Foxes now these Days love to F-B to the stage, so time it right and FC to a F/N/ or B-air him to his doom. Also times Fsmashes on him and even up smashes can get him pretty good for the kill. But thats another story. Fox fox is too scared to try to land in the stage, he will try to sweetspot the edge. with timing you can FC D-air to N-air and send his azz out again. Or grab the edge and get back up on the stage moment the move is about to connect. Dsmash works well too. But its all about timing. Also while he Does his U-B, You can FC to him and hit him with an aerial attack before he is set into flames and moves toward the stage. but you can also get burned when he is still in place cause of the flames around him and can but you in danger. and one more lil trick I love to do. But needs timing as well. When fox U-B to the stage, once his is in flames and is coming towards the stage, if you can tell which direction he is going. get over him and FC D -air to N-air. I have been messing this up lately but can work well with the right timing. is being flashy I guess. but if you can do it right. It can do justice in your game play (well I think so anyway)

Well thats all I have as advice to help you with your fox problem. if you have anymore problems. I'll be more then glad to help. Im starting to learn this match up my self and trying to see ways I can handle foxes on different levels and such. hope this helped you. Good luck in your fox battles and own that furry animal.

One more thing I forgot to add. If your getting comboed pretty back and lose your coll. Your giving fox the advantage to beat you even easier. thus player get tick off and rush into fox. and a smart one will abuse you for it. always play the way you was when you were doing just fine. You mis a few DI's and DI smashes and get K.O for it, dont lose your cool for nothing. I tend to do this alot and T get beat worst then I was a minute ago, thus lose my cool or get mad and then get owned. Im trying to get off this habit, cause habits like this are not good and Fox, falco, Shiek and Marths. From start to finish, Play like you always do. your better off that way and still have a chance to come back and own his azz. Just a lil tip from expereence and what I see alot.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I'm putting info from other threads and putting them in here. These are my own posts
------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people when using peaches sweet spot turn their back on the opponent and give them the Usmash, and if their damage is high enough it will kill them XD. I never seen any peach player have peach turn toward the opponent and give it to them until now.

I just made a combo that works well with me and peach with minimal movement, and raises Fox's damage enough that the sweet spot will kill him, but I'm not using peaches back to do this.

Whenever Fox hits the ground without teching there a small bounce he does when he lands.
but the bounce is high enough to reach peaches sweet spot, and I'm not talking about her back, I'm talking about her front.

Be advised that to do this you must be close to Fox when he lands, and this takes a some timing
in order to do it. But it works well against Fox. When doing this you should raise his damage to at least maybe 72% damage FTK (For The Kill), When his damage is around there make your there when he lands to give him the sweet spot. When he gets to 72% damage I advise that you grab him and toss him up and watch where he DIs or do the Ftilt (if your fast enough) then smash him. Lets just hope he doesn't tech.

I don't know if this might work on falco or the other characters but I'm gonna try and see. Anyways I hope you guys find this useful. Also the main point of this thread is to get more people to use peaches sweet spot. It's her most powerful move. I say abuse it for all it's worth. Plus I've gotten use to using it on my bro. Works like a charm.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I've never seen a Peach Player pull out toad. Not even once. Toad is a means of survival. If you know your opponent well enough and how fast he will strike use toad. I'm talking about when coming back to the stage. I don't suggest you use this on marth too often. It won't turn out good. But for the others it will help you alot. It will leave them stunned and allow you to return to the board. Don't it to often or they'll figure you out. Mix it up. It worked out well for me when playing my bro and friends. Just make sure your reaction time is good.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
First of all, big thank you to Drk.Peach and Master Peach on the vs Fox advice, im having a gathering this friday and i cant wait to practice it and try it all out. Drk.Peach thanks for the extensive analysis on the matchup its great.

I just have one noob question, you say athat after CCing one of his attacks, at 30% or so i should go for the dtilt combo into chaingrab... well i am not an experienced Peach player and i really dont know ANY dtilt combo :(, even less a combo that leads into chaingrabs. So could you please tell me some of the effective dtilt combos u use? Would be greatly appreciated.

Again thx a lot for the help, and this is a good thread :)

Kman25

Smash Ace
First of all, big thank you to Drk.Peach and Master Peach on the vs Fox advice, im having a gathering this friday and i cant wait to practice it and try it all out. Drk.Peach thanks for the extensive analysis on the matchup its great.

I just have one noob question, you say athat after CCing one of his attacks, at 30% or so i should go for the dtilt combo into chaingrab... well i am not an experienced Peach player and i really dont know ANY dtilt combo :(, even less a combo that leads into chaingrabs. So could you please tell me some of the effective dtilt combos u use? Would be greatly appreciated.

Again thx a lot for the help, and this is a good thread :)
Well Dtilt can go into several things, You can get a grab off it if they are at the right height, Theres other things. If they are low obvious is dsmash. But if they are that low of a percentage you would CC into a dsmash anyway. You could probably nair from a dtilt to get them off the edge for edgeguard. Or even an fc uair to a grab or something else if your quick enough, Theres a lot of things to do. Downtilt shouldnt be used to much (my opinion) I think it best used instead of dash attack at times by dash cancelling it. Possibly when you see a weak shied so you can hit their feet. If I were to CC Fox, And I was within range I would CC into dsmash then tech chase them for a grab or nair or etc, You just want to get them off the edge quickly or get a grab to chain grab thats your main goal against Fox. I hope that helped a bit

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Here is a list of combos you can do with it on fox at low damage or around 50% or so........

Dtilt, Up-air, Up-air again (if possible to do it gain) Up-B, Open and close the parasol, finish it off with a downsmash.

Dtlit, Grab and start up a chain grab

Dtilt, Utilt, Grab and start a chain grab

Dtilt, Up tilt, N-air or back air. you can also get a F-air in if he i stun long enough and gets sent into the air at a good height for it.

Dtilt, Up tilt, FC to D-air then N-air( do this before he hits the ground).

Dtilt, Forward tilt, Up air, up air again if possible, Up-B, open and close the parasol over and over, then finish it off with a Downsmash. ( you can land in front of him after you do the Up-B and poke him over and over with the move, Get another Dtilt in and abuse him again with and combo you want. its your choice to rack up a lil more damage before you send him packin.

Dtilt, Forward tilt, Upsmash

Dtilt, foward smash

Dtilt, forward tilt, up tilt, then do any air attack you want to finish it off.

I thinks thats all the combos I can think of for now, or all that I know anyway. not you cant just go up to fox and Dtilt. Set it up, bait him to attack and when he leaves him self open, go for it. like wave dash back to Dtilt and some other stuff.

I know so much and im not a pro yet, not even semi pro V_V waaaah!!!!! LOL. Hope my info helped you out here

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Thx a lot both of you guys, Drk.Peach man you know a lot :), i really wish you luck with getting there, im sure youll be able to, just dont forget bout us and keep posting good stuff :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha, thanks that means alot. I'll do my best.

Also if it does happen I still will post here. Im here most of the time looking at threads where advice is needed and I try my best to help out with what I know. Its like my second job around here:laugh:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Well...my personal favorite on fox is dtilt fc nair :3 that's just me though.

Kman25

Smash Ace
Ha ha ha, thanks that means alot. I'll do my best.

Also if it does happen I still will post here. Im here most of the time looking at threads where advice is needed and I try my best to help out with what I know. Its like my second job around here:laugh:
Dude do you have msn? 0_o I think I asked before and you said you had aim, But that doesnt work for me =/

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, check my profile, its in there.

And JC- I for got that combo on fox. I love that. it so pwns XD!!!!!!!

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I'm being a real moron around projectiles.

What do you do against projectile spamming characters like Link, Young Link, and Falco?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
For some reason I'm being a real moron around projectiles.

What do you do against projectile spamming characters like Link, Young Link, and Falco?
Against spammers its best to try and stay close to them while you evade thier projectiles.

Spammer Falco- Float over his lasers while you go to him, at this same time try to get close and stay on him. Falco cant spam lasers while close up. So he will be force to fight you off, so your combat skills. You will have to bring your air game to the mix. FC techs are a must in this kind of fight. You will be force to Be and fight in the air alot and use FC techs alot. So best get to practice on that.

Y.Link/Link- Read a few post back when I gave advice on Y.Link, same can apply for Link, expect he is slower and easy to combo

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yay! I'm glad to see everyone using this so well ^^

HoshiPuri - Yes, her Air dodge is good (especially combined with the Double down button). But be careful when using it. People who knows this information could punish you for it (especially if used frequently). I suggest using it when she's flown off and she's at near level of the stage.

Now, I got a question for all. How do I beat Bowser and Samus? and what's the best stages to take them out on?

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
I usually just pick Sheik against Bowser, so I'm not too sure on that, but...

Samus enjoys a horizontal recovery rivaling Peach and the ability to spam projectiles. I'd probably pick Yoshi's Story on her, just to prevent the game from lasting forever. I recommend staying close to Samus and keeping up the pressure to prevent Samus from using her Missiles.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Oh, btw guys

can ya tell me what's the best stages to take on Fox and YLink at and tell me why? thanks!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Fox and Y.Link, small stages, dont give him much room to camp and you can keep him in range to combo and abuse.

Now for your Samus trouble.....

Samus can be a problem for Peach. But you can be a bigger problem to her. here is a few things I want you to work on if you want to get better at this match.

When you hit her off the stage, if she is far away and below the stage coming back, throw turnips. if they connect a good 2 to 3 times you can send her backing. If she is above you, create a wall of turnips and throw them at her.them when she comes down slowly, hit her with a N-air or some else to keep her off, If he is hanging on the edge, Float over it and do a FC to D-air, then N-ar her for the kil (time it)

when you fight her on the ground, at times you have to be evasive with her. watch for missiles, its always good to have a turnip in your hand and follow up with a combo.. Use the FC techs, to take her out and make the match hard for her. Samus cant really do much about that. Also be patient when fighting her. Watch how the samus moves. watch how they come at you and all.

If getting comboed, DI away. Don't try to get a hit in before her. get some space then go into the fight. Back off when getting comboed
If samus throws you down, DI away from her cause she will hit you with a N-air
Move around alot, wave dash, Dashdance, and Use FC techs, try not to stay still so much. Confuse them in your movement
Watch for her missiles, if you have to retreat go ahead and get some space from her, then you think you got it, go back into the fight. nothing wrong with running away and getting space
Mix up your grabs and dash attacks.
Don't crouch cancel aginst samus too much, you will get owned for it hardcore.
mindgames buddy. Use goodmindgames to own.

Now for your bowser trouble......

To me, Bowser is not a tuff one for Peach at all, but with the right mindgames he can beat a pain. In this type of fight I say good creative comboes is the way to go with good mindgames. Cause Peach can combo him very well and pretty sweet If I do say so myself. He is big and slow. Peach is faster than him. and has turnips for him to deal with. With a good turnip game, that cuts the battle in half. Dont dash into him alot. cause he will block and just up-B out of the shield A good grab game can mess him up pretty Bad. For me when I fight Bowser, i just let my moves flow like a river. And with good use of her turnip game. A bowser that can outmindgame you is a bowser that you will fear. All I can say about this is........

-Dont dast attack alot, you will get Up-B out of the shield alot.

- Dont rush into him alot, you will get Up-B out the shield alot.

- Be creative with your combos, and make them hit.

-use turnips well to really mess him up.

Now once you got him out the stage, its not Hard to keep him out, a well spaced and times F-air can send him packing. You can Back air him too. also if he tries to sweet spot, you can D-air to N-air and if he goes over the stage, FC to N-air or time your F-air or FC to foward air and send him packing

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
Here is a list of combos you can do with it on fox at low damage or around 50% or so........

Dtilt, Up-air, Up-air again (if possible to do it gain) Up-B, Open and close the parasol, finish it off with a downsmash.

Dtlit, Grab and start up a chain grab

Dtilt, Utilt, Grab and start a chain grab

Dtilt, Up tilt, N-air or back air. you can also get a F-air in if he i stun long enough and gets sent into the air at a good height for it.

Dtilt, Up tilt, FC to D-air then N-air( do this before he hits the ground).

Dtilt, Forward tilt, Up air, up air again if possible, Up-B, open and close the parasol over and over, then finish it off with a Downsmash. ( you can land in front of him after you do the Up-B and poke him over and over with the move, Get another Dtilt in and abuse him again with and combo you want. its your choice to rack up a lil more damage before you send him packin.

Dtilt, Forward tilt, Upsmash

Dtilt, foward smash

Dtilt, forward tilt, up tilt, then do any air attack you want to finish it off.

I thinks thats all the combos I can think of for now, or all that I know anyway. not you cant just go up to fox and Dtilt. Set it up, bait him to attack and when he leaves him self open, go for it. like wave dash back to Dtilt and some other stuff.

I know so much and im not a pro yet, not even semi pro V_V waaaah!!!!! LOL. Hope my info helped you out here
Many of these are extremely situational and unlikely to happen because of even the smallest competence in D.I. With fox you can basically cg, from upthrow do various ariels depending on their D.I., and the occasional upair. Upsmash doesnt happen when someone D.I.s. Uptilt is a pretty horrible move in general and its rare that it sees any practical uses in anything, let alone comboing.

Samochan

Smash Master
Many of these are extremely situational and unlikely to happen because of even the smallest competence in D.I. With fox you can basically cg, from upthrow do various ariels depending on their D.I., and the occasional upair. Upsmash doesnt happen when someone D.I.s. Uptilt is a pretty horrible move in general and its rare that it sees any practical uses in anything, let alone comboing.
Everything is situational and no one has always perfect DI, not even Ken or Ek or anyone. >_> With perfect DI, there would exist no comboes. And it doesn't hurt to comment on this topic and say something that is possible to do. :/ Everything can combo to everything on certain situation, so don't be a negative nancy and whine about DI. Post something useful instead. >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow, your on a roll today eh?

Ftilt you say has no use cause YOU sir, dont know how to make use for it. I can dthrow mewtwo and Peach, and a few more characters and Ftilt them after. I can Up throw roy and Link and uptilt them after. Even with DI or not. You really underestimate a characters moves too much, you think DI can make you escape everything, well your wrong. Did you know that if you chain grab fox and Falcon and hi damage and he DI's, you can catch him with a F-B? (the Peach bomber) Another useless move and yet I made it work and guess what help me catch or of falcon with it, them DI away from me. Me being stupid one day I tried it cause I noticed that when they DI away from me in a chain grab they dont travel that far and cause of that, thats why I can grab them again. but I said I think I can F-B them. So I tried it and it works. what do you know, a move that is useless and I made it work. certain set ups depend on DI and no DI, even if they do DI, you can still catch them with a set up at times, it is possible. I can Dtrhow Peach to a F-smash or N-air. I am creative with combo so I know what will work and not work. and you will need to switch your combos if your enemy DI, does not DI and the % they have. I bet you dont know how to use her Up-B for creative comboes or just plan comboes that work. Ever tried it out of the shield to break free and for a fast attack? Ever D-air, L-cancel or FC to Dair then Up B? In some cases it can work well. But most would just Dsmash. but doing this can catch them off guard and maybe lead to a set up.

I suggest you learn the character and his/ her abilities fully before you go and say moves they have are useless. I know so many ways to use the Utilt and Ftilt and also link these 2 more into grabs. maybe later I'll make a list of this.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
Everything is situational and no one has always perfect DI, not even Ken or Ek or anyone. >_> With perfect DI, there would exist no comboes. And it doesn't hurt to comment on this topic and say something that is possible to do. :/ Everything can combo to everything on certain situation, so don't be a negative nancy and whine about DI. Post something useful instead. >_>
You'll notice I said "extremely" situational, I never said anyone had perfect D.I.,and you dont need perfect D.I. do escape a lot of those comboes. I believe that the act of D.I. is very possible, and D.I. is a very important aspect in the game, I'm not being a "Negative Nancy", by this statement I naturally assume that objective and valid opinions are to be taken as "Negative".

To Drk.Pch, sorry honestly I havent faced many roys, and the ones i have are more or less secondaries, so I dont have very much experience in that matchup. Also, I never said that f-tilt doesnt have any uses, it surprises foxes and sets up comboes for nair or upair. In your post about comboes you should have expected someone like me to question some of the comboes as peach's comboes are different from char to char and "Extremely situational" as many of them are. Btw the umbrella doesnt set up for comboes as you have to hit the ground along with the opponent, I've seen yer vids and upb while useful for recovery and the once in while escape move out of the shield is useful, its not a very useful move for comboes and when it can be used in comboes usually an upair will suffice. Also when you have the foe in a dair, ask any peach but I think nair is a much better choice than the umbrella.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
To Drk.Pch, sorry honestly I havent faced many roys, and the ones i have are more or less secondaries, so I dont have very much experience in that matchup. Also, I never said that f-tilt doesnt have any uses, it surprises foxes and sets up comboes for nair or upair. In your post about comboes you should have expected someone like me to question some of the comboes as peach's comboes are different from char to char and "Extremely situational" as many of them are. Btw the umbrella doesnt set up for comboes as you have to hit the ground along with the opponent, I've seen yer vids and up-b while useful for recovery and the once in while escape move out of the shield is useful, its not a very useful move for comboes and when it can be used in comboes usually an upair will suffice. Also when you have the foe in a dair, ask any peach but I think nair is a much better choice than the umbrella.
Seems like you need to brush up. Every move has its uses, you said Utilt, is not do for comboing. well your wrong, I can chain grab fox, Up throw, to up tilt, then ether chain grab him again or up air to Up-B then after the Up I can downsmash him since he is a fast faller. Now if I had not Done the up B, I would have not be able to dsmash him and rack up more damage. At times its not about useing attacks for comboes, its about being smart. brains dude. and if you say UP-B does not lead to set ups, then once again, its cause YOU dont know how to take advantage of it. In the list up there I do beleive I said you can do some attack after the up-B no? Im creative with that move (thanks to mike G) Have you seen the new vids of me I have up? There is a match where I racked up damage after I used the UP, How Guess or go take a look. You forget UP-B has NO lag at all, so you can easlily do another attack you reverse grab if you are not facing themI can up B DK or bowser out the shield then hot them with the top of the Parasol then once I land, If I land in front of them I can Dtilt and start it again, grab them, throw then in the air at start it again but with an up air to start it off, or just downsmash. Now must would aerial out of the shield. shoot I would do it too. but why use up B instead of an air attack out of the shield and send them flying? simple, cause for me, I love to be close to my enemy to rack up damage before I send them packin Now what gives out more damage here? Jump out of the shield with aerials or my three setups here? this game is not about useing comboes to win. cause they can only get you so far with poor mindgames. its about being smart and looking at your enemy with a close eye. Im the type of player that likes to try stupid things with moves that not many use at times and see if it works. and thats how I made use for her F-B I have nothing against you, so if you feel like im picking on you, im not, I am just proven that there are uses and set up for moves if your smart and think. And people who read this need to know as well and not think that its not possible forthe stuff I said here.

Also if you had questions about my list of moves, why did you not ask about a move you think is not possible or you thought would not land instead of giving opinions you had no experience on? And from there I would have explained every question to make it clear to you and there you go. And was this thread not ment to ASK questions? so if you think something is not possible or has a bad chance of working ask about it to REALLY get the truth and be sure. thats all im saying here.

Good thing is cause of your posts seems like I was able to add more info to this thread. so I guess its a good thing that you went into it with me eh?:laugh:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, out of random, does anyone ever use the forward B on their opponents? Cause, that can be like a great mindgame on someone ^^

I technically use it from small time to time, but when I do, it sets a surprise on my opponents.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Okay, out of random, does anyone ever use the forward B on their opponents? Cause, that can be like a great mindgame on someone ^^

I technically use it from small time to time, but when I do, it sets a surprise on my opponents.
Dude, do you even read whats in this thread? I just explain how I do it........-____- '

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Dude, do you even read whats in this thread? I just explain how I do it........-____- '
Okay, first of all, I Juuuuuuuuuuuust read it. Second, look at my question again

I was merly ASKING anyone if anybody else use the Peach Bomber on their opponents, not asking if there were useful on HOW to do it. That's all. And yes, I do read Dark Pch., thank you very much. :p

Keep being smart with me and I'll fire your *** as the Peach Guru in my thread, buddy XDD

Top Bottom