• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Dash Attack

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
So I heard it's better but to be honest I don't really understand the explination everyone has been giving. Can someone explain her new dash attack in detail? Please explain why it's better and what move is similar to it in Melee.

Thanks!

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
From what I heard, the Dash Attack hits twice, the second hit putting the foe on a situable position for another hit (nair ftwz). Also, it combos fairly everyone, floaty or not. Seems to be greatly improved, since it can't combo much on Melee, with the exception of fastfallers.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The first hit has almost no knockback. The second hits a split second later and launches into the air. It's not a HUGE launch and can probably be teched at low %s before you can do anything, but it does make for a nice combo setup. Dash attack -> dtilt -> usmash -> nair was my favorite in the demo.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
The move hits twice, and it is still a wall of priority. It also combos the enemy into an aerial attack in a similar way to what Shiek's F-tilt does. So in other words, it's pwnage!!!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dunno how good its priority is. That's not really something you can test in 2 minutes matches with items.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Sweet that sounds awsume so I was wondering dose it really give enough lag to get a down tilt off after it finishes.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The first hit has almost no knockback. The second hits a split second later and launches into the air. It's not a HUGE launch and can probably be teched at low %s before you can do anything, but it does make for a nice combo setup. Dash attack -> dtilt -> usmash -> nair was my favorite in the demo.
You can DI it off the dashattack. At most, you'll get Dashattack -> D-tilt off or DA -> DT -> Nair if it's at low %s.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that loves Peach's Uair? (sry if it's a little off-topic)
No i think it's pretty powerful just difficult to land. On topic, is the dash attack still a reliable kill move in sudden death?

iron blade

Smash Ace
hopefully splitting the dash attack into two won't decrease the effectiveness of it. maybe it could be used to interrupt a slower attack. this has high combo potential. hmm...

Top Bottom