• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Custom Moves

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I cant even do Fsmash alone consistently, leave alone out of a run. -_- Have I mentioned before I REALLY hate these 3DS controls?

Anyway, sleepy toad is pretty good indeed! The downside to it is that the counter frames are active for a smaller window it seems and it also doesnt have much effect on an airborne opponent either (it just blows them away and does 2%) butbother than that ts pretty good and waaaay better than standard toad since sleepybtoad is actually high risk high reward instead of high risk piss reward like standars toad. I usually try hitting with Pan since its pretty much just as powerful as Usmash and its much easier to hit them with a fully charged Pan fsmash than Usmash. It can kill people really early and even on CPU you have plenty of time to fully charge it at high percents.

Light turnips are also great. Downside is thst they do less damage and hitstun but other than that theyre absolutely awesome. They are very good pressure tools and despite them having less hitstun it seems I can still do turnip hit > Fair. Really liking these so far!
What about the fire peach bomber, what do u think of it because I think it could great if used right but I think the custom recoveries r horrible

FindingForever

Smash Rookie
What about the fire peach bomber, what do u think of it because I think it could great if used right but I think the custom recoveries r horrible
I think the fire bomber is pretty good. Does more damage and I believe it starts up around the same frames but has a lot of recovery if it whiffs. The multi parasol recovery looks reeeeally interesting and I'm excited to try it out.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not really sure what her Up-B's are supposed to do. Though I don't use Peach too much. I think I'd stick to the standard one. Same for Peach Bomber, since it seems so much better this time around. Slow Turnips are hype though. And I like just throwing out the spores without needing to counter.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I find doing F Smash is fine apart from when trying to do a Pivot F Smash via the new pivot mechanics in this game. It's always an F Tilt instead...which is alright in a way since Peach has a good F Tilt but her F Smash so much better this time around that's very much worth using and it's frustrating not being able to Pivot F Smash very well in this game.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Has anyone tested the turnip down special on landing that decreases lag that San was talking about in other threads?
Excited about Sleepy-Toad and the variations on turnips, they sound pretty promising and Edreese already beat me to a staple idea regarding setups (;

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Has anyone tested the turnip down special on landing that decreases lag that San was talking about in other threads?
Excited about Sleepy-Toad and the variations on turnips, they sound pretty promising and Edreese already beat me to a staple idea regarding setups (;
I would like to test it for you, but I don't really understand what you're talking about... Could you explain it or provide a link to (one of) his posts?

I wrote about Fire Bomber a few posts up. It's pretty good, I like it!

Last edited:

z00ted

I would like to test it for you, but I don't really understand what you're talking about... Could you explain it or provide a link to (one of) his posts?
thanks! here u go

Can someone confirm this for me?

With a bomb, Link can cancel landing lag from air dodge aerials, bow, and boomerang catch by pressing down+B on the ground, causing him to instantly throw it. Can Peach do the same?

z00ted

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
:troll:

Glad it worked out.

Last edited:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Thanks, San! That's pretty amazing.

Ok, so I'm thinking...
After the down b cancel can we control what direction we throw the turnip?
Like, if we use the light turnip then I guess forward is a good anyway since we can run toward it and use it cover. But if we use the heavy turnip then we could throw it up and it's fast fall can also protect us. That's sort of what I'm thinking.

edit: Also, regardless of whether you can throw the turnip is any direction you want, this definitely makes the Heavy turnip a more viable option.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
So if you sleepy toad a CPU, a turnip thrown up then upsmash does a total of 25% and is a guaranteed kill if they starting around 90%. You can charge the upsmash while the turnip is falling down. You get enough charge that no matter how they DI around 90% they will definitely die.

Last edited:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
normal turnip? or heavy?
either way that's crazy dope. Ingenius Edrees.

edit: and is the turnip just for damage, or does it somehow increase the knockback of the usmash? Like, usmash them into the falling turnip right, or does the turnip have to hit first before you release usmash?

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
normal turnip? or heavy?
either way that's crazy dope. Ingenius Edrees.

edit: and is the turnip just for damage, or does it somehow increase the knockback of the usmash? Like, usmash them into the falling turnip right, or does the turnip have to hit first before you release usmash?
It's just for damage It's also to mess up their DI. They might try to DI the turnip possibly instead of maximizing therir DI for the upsmash. It also looks really cool, LOL.

If they are above 120% I dont bother with the turnip, but at a questionable percent, say, 80, it's a good idea to tack on the extra damage.

I use normal turnip. I don't like the heavy turnips. Still undecided if I like light turnips.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
So it seems that many players and TO's are in for using custom moves in tourney. I feel Peach has some decently usable custom moves overall. What custom moves will everybody be using?

Personally I think I'd use the following

Sleepy Toad
Fire Bomber
High Parasol
Default Turnip or Light Turnip

Comments:

I'm not a fan of Toad at all, however, I feel Sleepy Toad's reward is superior to default Toad because of its reward. Default Toad is high risk/mediocre reward wheras Sleepy Toad is actually high rish/high reward since you can fully charge your Fsmash and kill them at super low percents. Pan is easier to knockback influence by holding down before getting hit (I have not tested this but I am assuming so) whereas Racket heavily depends on where you stand on stage. Either way both should kill pretty early although I feel pan will usually kill earlier. Even with maximal knockback influence opponents shouldn't survive at 100%, but again, this needs to be tested. If you don't like counters I guess Toad2 is available but that move is hideously slow, unsafe, has virtually no reward, so I cant find any application for it.

I like Fire Bomber a bit better than the default one because of stuff like Dair > Bomber. Surely the ending lag is pretty bad but you have literally no landing at all so in the end I still think its slightly safer than default Bomber. Because of the non-existent landing lag, this move is hilariously broken on stages with platforms like Battlefield. On top of that, it can still hit standing opponents at mid-range, which imo is the best range to use Bomber, but at the same time it can also function as an anti-aerial, albeit unsafe when whiffed. Still I don't think it's MUCH better than default Bomber so I may switch between the two. I'm still not a fan of Flower Bomber although I have become a bit more fond of it. It still hits decently at mid range (although barely) and it looks pretty fast. However, I dont think it's nearly as good as the other two Bombers.

As for Parasol, I think I really like that extra recovery, even if I lose its hitbox. I rarely ever use Parasol for attacking, other than sometimes waiting for them high at the top and trying to kill them by surprise by using Parasol, but even that rarely happens since this move is awfully punishable if you happen to miss. I'd rather be able to safely get back to stage from any angle, which is going to help getting back to the stage a lot after off-stage gimp and edgeguard attempts. She also goes up REALLY fast, much faster than other recoveries that lack a hitbox like Rosalina's or The Villager's, so I feel it's going to be very hard to hit and gimp her out of it. Edgehogging is also out, so there's no need to worry about that either. I don't really see any use for the Light Parasol since it does basically the same thing as High Parasol does, which is enhancing your recovery, except it's much slower, more gimpable and harder to pull off.

Lastly, I'm a bit lost on her turnips. I dislike the Heavy Turnip and I think it's only good for turnip cancel stuff. Otherwise I feel this one is inferior to her other version, especially since plucking takes ages and you don't always have a ledge to cancel it off. Her throwing range is also shortened, limiting its use. This leaves the Light Turnip as a possible alternative. I don't really mind opponents being able to catch it easily since there is not much they can do with a turnip (not everybody can perform aerials while holding a turnip) and they also can't catch turnips as well as Peach does (with floating Nairs for example). However, I don't really like the abysmal damage and the non-existent hitstun/shieldstun. Other than I like it a lot though. It feels pretty strong for both pressuring and it makes it somewhat harder to approach Peach. However, I'm not sure if I like it better than the default ones.

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Imo I like flower bomber

Her flower bomber actually could do a lot of damage. If u guys didnt kno, if u use flower bomber on the opponent when they have the flower effect, the effect will last longer and do more damage

I honestly just like her regular parasol

I like her regular turnips because the do decent damage and they have range

Sleepy toad is the best, reading smash attacks or just Attack can get u a kill or punish. Her regular toad, I was never really fond of it. I think a counter would be good so I wouldn't pick grumpy toad

Flower bomber
Sleepy toad
Parasol
Turnip

Have u guys experiment with flower bomber. It can cause so much damage

Last edited by a moderator:

Twinkie Toadstool

Smash Rookie
For her customs I think I'll use
Grumpy Toad
Fire Bomber
Parasol
Vegetable

Grumpy Toad is so useful. It can stop approaches and covers that one blind spot that Peach has. If it absorbs projectiles, I'll be even better. Imagine it absorbing a Water Shuriken, Sun Salutation, or Samus Charge Shot. It's similar to Zelda's Phantom Slash. It can stop approaches from characters like Little Mac and blocks a bunch of moves.

Fire Bomber has so much utility. It can finish combos and it also does more damage and knockback. I think it kills around 120% which is pretty early considering most characters kill at 150%. I think dair>bomber, dthrow>ftilt>bomber, dair>uair>bomber, dtilt>bomber. The angle can edge guard and read I think this is the best.

Parasol is probably the best since High Parasol doesn't go into parasol mode which is it's best part. Light Parasol is very gimpable and idk if it can kill as early as the default.

Vegetable is the one I prefer. I see many people using it instead for approach because it goes slowly and it can cover you. The default can do more like the infinite on robin and turnip instant throw combos. Heavy turnips, one word... Range. That's all I need to say.

This is only my opinions though so don't take it for granted.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
My custom set-up:

Sleepy Toad
Fire Bomber
Light Parasol
Turnip

The reason I think Fire Bomber is a lot better than the original is because you can substitute it for jump > F-air in D-air combos. This is great because you retain your jump and can attack pretty soon out of Fire Bomber on hit, allowing you to chase your opponent more efficiently than you could after a F-air.

I've been using float D-air > Fire Bomber > Jump F-air to catch my opponent off guard, and the damage is amazing. She can also do this after a D-tilt if you want to keep your F-air fresh and retain your jump. The only down side here is that it does 2%(?) less than F-air.

Another thing to note is that, although Fire Bomber doesn't auto-snap to the ledge and seems to have a lot of cool-down, getting on-stage from a certain distance using it is extremely useful because of the angle it travels and because all lag is cancelled when you touch the stage. Fire Bomber from the ledge on BF will leave you lagless on the lower platform, for example.

I'm quite unsure about which Parasol is best. Both the original and Light Parasol have their advantages. I like the original because it's an option OOS and is extremely quick. I often use it to KO off the top of the stage after reading an air-dodge. Light Parasol doesn't have those initial hitboxes.

However, the amount of distance Light Parasol covers is insane - it can be closed/opened a maximum of 6 times, meaning Peach can recover consistently from the very bottom of the blastzone without her second jump. This allows Peach to pressure off-stage without having to worry about recovering, which is a huge advantage for her. I usually have to be very wary of my off-stage play using the normal Parasol, and I occasionally would be able to use my second jump to edge-guard and still recover safely.

The issue with this that everyone seems to be mentioning is that it's very slow, so edge guarding it isn't difficult. However, it travels about the same distance as the normal Parasol without closing/opening it. Also, if you're in a situation where you have to recover a greater vertical distance, you wouldn't have been able to recover at all with the default Parasol anyway. The constant hitbox on the top of the Parasol and its great aerial momentum allow Peach to be creative with her recovery, so a good player should definitely be able to make it back safely.

tl:dr: Fire Bomber is a great substitute for F-air in D-tilt/D-air combos.
Light Parasol + Peach's edge-guarding = stock

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
My custom moveset:
Grumpy Toad
Flower Bomber
Parasol
Vegetable

Grumpy toad covers that one blindspot peach has in front of her and can poke at the opponent. The damage is decent and It has good range. It can also stop approuchs from characters like little Mac which will help a lot

Flower Bomber Omg is so good. At low percents U can chain 3-4 bombers and from there it's hard to shake off the flower and it does a lot of damage. If ur next to them they should be scared since it's super fast so if they shield U can Bomber on it to break it. It only takes 3 bombers. I feel this is just underrated

busken

Smash Ace
Can Sleepy Toad make the opponent sleep if their back is on the ground?

Top Bottom