• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Vs Marth

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I need some other advice except for just turnip spam agaisnt this character.
Also i want to know whats a good and bad stage including the counter stages to pick agianst Marth as i know Battlefield is not a good stage and can someone tell me if rainbow ride is a good stage to pick agaisnt him please:)

teh_nuke

Smash Cadet
lol I would have just said turnip spam if you didnt say not to...

Well make sure you DO turnip spam, and I like Japes and FD for fighting Marths. No specific reason either. If he uses fsmash a lot, triangle jump past his fsmashes, or run into his fsmash range, spot dodge, and downsmash him.

Like I said, I rapidly pull turnips to keep him away and then downsmash when he gets near. You could try full jumping into a float cancelled Nair as an approach. Or a floating bair. My main approach is dash attack, but that doesnt always work.

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
What I really hate about Marth is his Counter--though I usually don't get by it at all. I just hate it still.

Otherwise, a little advice: use Toad against edgeguarding Marth. It really works. As you're nearing the ledge, use Toad, he'll be stunned, and Peach will grab the cliff.

All I really have to say, teh_nuke pretty much said it all...

There's always the alternate of using mind games, trying to get Marth to attack you and get him into a nasty situation. If you can also predict whenever Marth is holding down (or even controller-watch), then do a DSmash with the C-stick for the quickest reaction. It will really hurt him. Try to chain-throw him too, and when he's high enough, foward-throw him and begin edgeguarding.

One neat trick is using Toad to edgeguard because some opponents will have a difficult time seeing what's going on (this works well with fast-fallers), and will be unable to react in-time enough to recover.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ok thanks you two but has anyone got advice on what stages to pick and what stages to aviod and can someone tell me if rainbow ride is a good choice please?

AllAboutTheTurnips

Smash Rookie
stages to avoid? mostly just yoshi's story-the best map for marth and the worst map for peach. kinda obvious really lol

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Try getting Battlefield because Peach has excellent horizontal recover and can avoid that nasty net under the stage, whereas Marth cannot.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
As for DI on Marth here is a pattern I noticed.

-When Marth Chain grabs you, he will do it like maybe 2-3 times if you dont DI it. after that, he is gonna Fsmash you, at that time, DI 2 him. If you DI away, that attack will launch you at low damage and even kill you. Or Pretty much if you get chain grab near the edge,DI up and to Marth So his Fsmash you send you to your death. Ether way you are gonna take the hit if you did not DI the chaingrab.

-I noticed that when Marth do thier F-air, they will do it TWICE. Some people get trick and try to attack after the first F-air. And get hit with the second one. Like him do the second one, then Dash attack as fast as you can or grab.( whichever can be done better)

-When Marth F-air hits your shield. I noticed Peaches try to grab them, Now If the the attack was spaced, dont even try to get a grab in, cause you wont reach him.Best thing to do is ether roll away or attack out the shield. it depends on distance within the spaced attack shield. and when its is spaced and shield, most likely he might go for another F-air or N-air. so keep that in mind. Now if the shield attack was not close, you can attacl out the shield or grab him, which ever you feel.

-when getting comboed in the air- try as hard as you can to resist trying to get a N-air in. cause chances are you wont be able too. JUst DI away as much as you can.if your getting combed in the air and you know he will try to keep going till you are over the edge then to spike you, screw trying to get a hit in to break the combo and DI away. this is why most Peaches get spiked to death. Do that and You'll be ok.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its a Pime thing Marths love to do. Thats one way they love to start thier ****. the most F-airs he can do is 2. and if he has room to do one more before he lands, then expect it, dont roll of try for a grab. Many Peaches make that mistake. I do too at times

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
thanks i will take your advise because i have a MM with 2 marths so im trying to practise and learn as much as i can by the 28th.
one of them isnt that good and doesnt really chaingrab peach from what i saw last time i play him he mostly just fair and f smash

this is why most Peaches get spiked to death.
and i don't need to worry about that lol i have the PAL version when i was playing the marth last time he kept on trying to spike me and i had to remind him that 'this is the PAL version so stop trying to spike me' i just kept jumping out of the meteor smash lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No problem. You asked for my help on MSN but I was busy at the time. So then I say this thread and decided to give my advice that you wanted. Glad I could help you sir.

Prac352

Smash Lord
thanks i will take your advise because i have a MM with 2 marths so im trying to practise and learn as much as i can by the 28th.
one of them isnt that good and doesnt really chaingrab peach from what i saw last time i play him he mostly just fair and f smash

and i don't need to worry about that lol i have the PAL version when i was playing the marth last time he kept on trying to spike me and i had to remind him that 'this is the PAL version so stop trying to spike me' i just kept jumping out of the meteor smash lol.
Marth can only chain at really low percents and even then, it's only like three throws.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Actually, Marth can't chain throw you at all if you DI the throw foward and down. You hit the ground and can buffer a roll or spotdodge.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Its a Pime thing Marths love to do. Thats one way they love to start thier ****. the most F-airs he can do is 2. and if he has room to do one more before he lands, then expect it, dont roll of try for a grab. Many Peaches make that mistake. I do too at times
Fairs can be CCed effectively at low %s.

I don't remember if the dtilt can be used as a CCC (would be preferable cause you can combo off of it), but a dsmash probably can.

Me14k

Smash Lord
When you fight Marth, don't stay above him.

DL64/Kongo64 are good levels

Also Kongo Jungle/Green Greens if you can camp well
DL64 and kongo 64 are good picks. DK64 sucks *** for marth..they usually will pull out their secondary if you pick this.

im assuming you mean jungle japes when you say kongo jungle..cause the kongo jungle is illegal. Japes is pretty good...easy camping and no sweet spot for marth.

Dont do green greens. Fsmash owns for marth. Plus you pick green greens there is the risk that the player will use a character that kills up..you will get owned.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Go to Mute City if you like moving stages, dreamland if you don't. Do not get above him ever. Use turnips but don't depend on them. Marth isn't going to just let you spam them. And if he's close to you, you're usually better off doing some damage to him than running away to grab another one. Spacing is everything, because you don't want to be tipped.

Cia

das kwl
umm.. I usually do really well against marths and IMO.. yoshi's story is not so bad. The thing with most marths is that they have the same predictable patterns (most of which dark.pch already explained) the trick is to abuse peach's priority while keeping your distance.

obviously turnip camping is best against a marth who waits for you to approach. but when a marth dashes in and is most likely going to grab, the slaps (A + A) is a great way to keep him back. they will most likely go into sheilding as a reflex. use this time to grab them. down throw at low percentages, forward throw at 120+ percentages (earlier if you can get them far away from the ledge, use your judgement)

for the down throw. if a marth DIs forward, tech chase + Dsmash is great for damage. for a marth that doesn't not DI, Usmash -or- chain grab works pretty well.

when marth approaches from the air, UP + B out sheild helps you to keep your spacing, and if you land w/o lag (dropping the parasol) you may have time to jump and Nair them.

Peach's pressure game can be really overwhelming to marths. learn to use it to your advantage w/o being careless, and you should be fine.

IMO..

FD, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, and brinstar are best for peach against marth. the first four because of the high ceilings. peach will live quite a long time. marths are most dangerous at peach's lower percentages. after about.. maybe 80 - 90, they cannot juggle her.

yoshi's story, rainbow cruise, mute city- they are OK counterpicks.. but with rainbow cruise and mute city, you have to be careful because there are times when neither player can sweet spot during a recovery and it can be harmful it you are struggling to recover.

I don't have many recent vidz, but if you check ww.youtube.com/handofthephoenix, u'll find some peach v. marth vidz ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Vanz, You must be good at this match up if you say you would counter pick Marth on YS. That is his terf with Peach. You Miss a tech on a platform, Your gonna get uptilted or Fsmash by him. Even if you do tech you can still eat those 2 attacks. maybe its just you that your good against Marth on that stage, or maybe the marths you play on there are not that good. I dont know so I cant say. But Peach Vs Marth there is not a good idea. If Marth knows how to Be cheap, its a **** fest. Its hard for Peach to recover in the air when landing and you have a marth hungry for an air attack. and on top of that, she has lil space to camp. On that stage you have to know how to put the pressure on Marth. Marth can **** Peach up close. and if he knows what he is doing, thats it for you man. Thats why Marth love to choose that stage on Peach. Its thier home, easy chain grab to Fsmash deaths, Easy hits on platforms, I even if you do block. Easy to kill you from the sky. One good Upsmash from him can end you there. This is my opinion and others might agree or not, so dont take this as me getting on you cause im not. but going here on Marth is not a good idea. if you want something small and to put the pressure on him, I'd go to FoD. The ceiling it at a good height. Its not all that hard to camp there if you need to when marth is not near you, you have a better chance of picking up a turnip than you do in YS. DIK pick that stage on me when I beat his Marth. He went beast with all the cheap tatics and all. But I was able to beat him and move to the next tourny match in the winners. But It was tuff for me to take him out. I had a hard time. If I choose another stage, I can abuse all of Peaches options with not much trouble. If you go there, your making it harder than it needs to be dude. What is able to do maybe be cut in half. Even FC is hard to do there with Marth. and Peaches main game is her FC skills mixed with other stuff

Cia

das kwl
well.. yoshi's story is better for more "aggro" peach players. my strategy is to put pressure on my opponents so that they have very little options. they begin to play on defense.

IMO, peach's pressure game is better than her camp b/c it's not hard to breakthrough her projectile wall. camping is good when you need time to think. but keep in mind that your opponent is thinking too. once they find an effective method of crashing your wall, what will you do?? no strategy is insurmountable. this game is at least 60% mindgames. once you can attack your opponents psyche, you've got the match won.

sorry bout my little rant, but in short, if you can change your battle style to match your surroundings, you'll be ok. what makes this game really good is the different stages to play on, and how you can use them to your advantage. so YS might not be the first choice for a peach to counterpick. but do not rule it out as a possibility. and it is better to use a stage reset on battlefield.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I agree with you here, but I say that for more advance players that know how to fight marth. Professor Pro is asking how to deal with marth and advice. You cant tell him to go there and pressure a Marth when he does not know how to handle one. He needs to know what is the main things to do against him. once he knows how to deal with Marth, then he can work on advance tatics like putting the pressure on him. He cant do that if he has trouble fight Marth and needs help with it. And for Professor Pro to go and try YS.........oh man..........>____<

Cia

das kwl
good point. but I my statement simply put is just don't be afraid of YS. with good DI and focus, the stage can be a really good friend. otherwise, dreamland and brinstar are your best bets

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea the way I see it, the stage for ME go like this

Pressure stages:

-YS

- FoD

Survival stages:

-FD

-BF

-PS

-DL64 (duh lol)

-KJ64

tatic stages:

-Brinstar

-Rainbow cruise

Jungle japes? O_o I have no clue.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The thing about Fountain of Dreams is that it's Marth's playground...period. I have quite a few people I know who call it fountain of Marth because of the major rapage that goes on there. Good strategies against Marth...don't let him get you in any kind of combo, lol. I don't have ANY yet. Although, watch Ken vs. Wife on Youtube. That's a good series of matches and you can get a good idea of how to fight Marth. Wife is one of the best Peach players around and my hero.

Cia

das kwl
lolz, wife is definitely a good peach. and if I'm not mistaken, he counter picked YS against ken and won that match!!

ooo, and Mike G is (IMO) the best pressure game peach.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Counterpick kongo 64 vs marth if not go brinstar because those stages **** him up.

Peach just needs to camp and do smart turnip spam and when marth is in the air DD wait for him to attack or right before he lands and dash attack him.

Grab him alot too and punish him if he misses his spacing with his aerials with cc dsmash, but only if he ****s up otherwise you'll be spinning around like an idiot.

Marth is pretty **** good on all the neutral but he is garbage on most of the counterpicks so bring him there and **** him.

Also pressure stages can backfire because you dont have a whole lot of room to camp.

Well that's my input.

Also vanz- a good marth will DI away from the dthrow and jump out. It's very easy since it's such a slow throw.

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
peach should own marths u shouldnt have a problem just spam turnips and float cancel enough to kill of major kill moves
'

Micheal

Smash Apprentice
If Marth is getting too defensive and anticipates your dash attack, run past him and downsmash... or just space a downtilt. When I say space your downtilt, I'm pretty sure you can trip him with it from a range where he cant grab you if he sheilds when he's expecting a dash attack. It'll keep him guessing making it easier to surprise him. Crouch down like your pulling a turnip out and dash attack him before he grabs/dash attacks you. Dash attack is your friend in this match up. I just played 100+ friendlies with Mew2King the last couple of days, trust me. This stuff really works.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
YS is actually pretty good against Marth. He dies as early as you do, if not moreso. Learn the cloud's movement pattern, and use that to help, if you really want. Pretty much, whichever character gains control of the bottom can zone incredibly well. Peach can camp with turnips, punish with dash attack/FC aerials/whatever, really, and Marth can camp with everything/tipper like a *******. Control the bottom, zone properly, etc.

For more advice vs Marth, you can check out what I posted in Drk. Peach's tournament vid thread.

EDIT: I am NOT saying to counterpick on YS. Just don't fear it as much as some people would have you do. DL64 is great against him, despite being a level I hate. Though honestly, if I lose to a Marth, I normally use either Fox or Sheik against him next round.

Top Bottom