• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. Kirby(Complete for now)

gantrain05

Smash Master
all im saying is that if your spacing kirby like you should be, his Dtilt will most likely never hit you, unless you know......trip lol, but yeah, i've played kirby so much and i can tell u that Dtilt is easily the least of your worries, if your getting hit by it, stop glide tossing at him or w/e your doing thats getting you into that situation.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Well idk if anybody has mentioned this but Kirby's bair is pretty predictable. Even if ur floating, just float away from him long enough to lure him into using a bair. Just some mu experience here, don't let him dair u at higher percentages; it could lead to a fsmash. Never really been hit by a dtilt by a Kirby either. Kirbys I've played don't use dtilt that much.

Btw, noticed the thread complete for now, so sorry if u didn't want anymore input.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
No, don't worry. Complete for now allows any after input.

His Bair is predictable at times, but at other times, he can beat you to your own moves with it. We're also terribly slow in the air, so Kirby's Bair can catch up even if we do float away. I don't see a lot of Kirbys Dtilting so that's why it's hard to get my point across. All I know is that the Kirby I play Dtilts against me and there are times where my quick options have no priority.

@gantrain:

I don't glide toss towards Kirby. @.@ He has too many OoS options that are quicker than everything else I have. I don't bother with that. I only glide toss backwards.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
No, don't worry. Complete for now allows any after input.

His Bair is predictable at times, but at other times, he can beat you to your own moves with it. We're also terribly slow in the air, so Kirby's Bair can catch up even if we do float away. I don't see a lot of Kirbys Dtilting so that's why it's hard to get my point across. All I know is that the Kirby I play Dtilts against me and there are times where my quick options have no priority.
Yeah Peach's air speed is meh lol. When I am floating and I know he is going to use a bair, usually I'm not that close to him tho. Then I get a surprise fair on him. Using Peach's bair works too after he misses his bair. Against his dtilt: Jab could work I guess, but I'm not sure on that one tho.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah Peach's air speed is meh lol. When I am floating and I know he is going to use a bair, usually I'm not that close to him tho. Then I get a surprise fair on him. Using Peach's bair works too after he misses his bair. Against his dtilt: Jab could work I guess, but I'm not sure on that one tho.
The first jab will miss due to him ducking for the Dtilt. If he spams it, we can't get our second jab through. Btw the second jab has a big enough hit bo to hit Kirby crouching.

Also, the reason we can get hit buy Dtilt is the fact that our camping can screw us over at some points. Kirby is fast enough to corner you.

The Peach player is pulling turnips and backwards glide tossing to keep distance. Kirby can duck and dodge the turnips(if he ducks and presses A when it's about to touch him, he can catch the turnip lol). Once we're cornered we have crap for options. Dodge roll is super predictable, and can be punished with a throw or a Dtilt. With our crappy jumps, it's hard to get over him. He can simply jump and use his own aerials. Turning and Bairing doesn't take long at all. Uair will catch you going over him. Keeping ourselves grounded to try and get our way around it will cause us to get hit by Dtilt. It's not really about spacing, but it's how you manage your space and how much of it you have to work with.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Forgot about that low crouch of his. Imo I think the key to winning is to mix it up between floating and being grounded. More so staying in the air at higher percentages because of fsmash. But, yeah, it seems like that crouch can be more problematic than I thought lol. Toad, can be useful for punishing predicted bairs btw, but it has to be a really good prediction seeing as his bair comes out faster, and if mispredicted u can get punished hard.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Forgot about that low crouch of his. Imo I think the key to winning is to mix it up between floating and being grounded. More so staying in the air at higher percentages because of fsmash. But, yeah, it seems like that crouch can be more problematic than I thought lol. Toad, can be useful for punishing predicted bairs btw, but it has to be a really good prediction seeing as his bair comes out faster, and if mispredicted u can get punished hard.
Yeah it is, but I recommend using it only once..

The first time you do it will be remembered.

If you wiff that toad, you'll hate yourself forever,

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
@peachguard

idk, i don't think kirby has the speed to corner us. he does move fast enough in the air to really deal w/ a full hop escape and it's hard for him to deal with float dair or any kind of dair if you are directly above him.

and i think ur overestimating how good kirby's dtilt is vs pch.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
What ya'll guys don't realize is that Kirby is slow going forward. Going backwards he gains Jiggz/Wario style aerial mobility because of his special backwardsAD properties.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i still don't know why we are worrying about kirby's Dtilt when he's got so many better options at any time he could land a Dtilt. plus i swear if u play the MU the way u are supposed to kirby really won't hit with much besides Bairs, probably 80% of the damage you'll take is Bairs.

also Jowii, i think i played u before? u were playin falco tho i think? i believe at futures tourney?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Razmaki, I wish I could but we're still exploring it. All we know is that when Kirby is moving forward he's slower, to AD AND in terms of mobility. BUT when Kirby is facing away and AD's backwards towards his opponent, he gains Jiggz/Wario style mobility which allows for better mindgames and spacing. It's even better when Kirby starts from a crouch because the spacing will be perfect but against this MU Kirby shouldn't be on the ground much.

@Gantrain- Uhm.....>_> If you did I don't remember.......and if I was playing Falco I didn't care about the match or tourny. My Flaco is terribad.

Top Bottom