• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Social Thread

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Muhti!

Anywho I don't have P:M yet planning to get it by the next Break, I hope...

But for those who uses Peach and have the Mod...

Is it possible to Free Pull and Bonewalk in here??? Because if you can..

That and the Glide Toss and WaveDash would be one heck of one approach...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Thanks Muhti!

Anywho I don't have P:M yet planning to get it by the next Break, I hope...

But for those who uses Peach and have the Mod...

Is it possible to Free Pull and Bonewalk in here??? Because if you can..

That and the Glide Toss and WaveDash would be one heck of one approach...
Sadly, you cannot bonewalk, and ledge freepulling is useless now. (As it is now literally a worse option than normal turnip pulling.)

I haven't tried C-stick pulling though, I'll get on that tomorrow.

But Aerial glide tossing is fun and useful, when you get P:M it's worth learning

EDIT: C-Stick pulling does not work at all. Shame.

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with the glide toss. Could do it in brawl every time but PM feels funny. Or is it that ground glide tossing is gone now?
Aerial Glide Toss? Must try this...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
She needs more hearts.

js >.>
<.<

her UThrow CG on spacies seems to last a couple of throws longer, not sure if it's actually longer or not or people were just screwing up escaping it.

(talking compared to Melee of course)

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
Guys we should have a thread where we post all the things we can do with Peach...
It'll probably look Like this:
:peach:
Peach's _Insert Cool Title Here_ Vault
[COLLAPSE="Peach's Combos"]
[COLLAPSE="Comboing With The Help Of The Grounded Ones"]H[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Air Combos Cuz' You Know She Can"]O[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Chaingrabs FTW"]W[/COLLAPSE] [/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Mindgames And Whatnot"]
[COLLAPSE="Wavedashing And Float Trixies"]W[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="The Wonderful Turnips And Their Uses"]E[/COLLAPSE] [/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Your Offensive And Defensive Options"]
[COLLAPSE="Rushing Down Again"]L[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Keep The Pests Away"]O[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="You Cannot Escape My Surface Pressure"]V[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="DoNut Get Camped"]E[/COLLAPSE] [/COLLAPSE]

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
-increased range on forward tilt.
-new up tilt changed from the headbutt.
-fsmash now has a set order of rotation (tennis rack > golf club > pan and repeat)
-jab combo links properly
-AGT and glide tossing implemented
-side B has brawl length and up taunt easter egg
-up b has more range
- up throw has new heart sound to it

pretty sure thats it. all minor changes. but definitely beneficial. AGT really improves space control and mobility with peach. i wish they still had brawl glide tossing in however. i know you CAN glide toss, but peach only has one direction where its beneficial, and you no longer have the options u got from brawl, in which u could throw in any direction from any roll. WD > throw is ok, but peaches WD is so short and easy to mess up due to strict timing.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Peach's changes from Melee have all been to non-core moves, except perhaps UpB's height. These are the functional differences, not the cosmetic ones.

Ftilt has more coverage (hits in an octagonal arc rather than a rectangle). Not exactly improved "reach" but a similar concept. It hits one frame sooner at point blank range to make it hit at the same frame when her leg is straight in front of her. The low priority tipper hit with Slash element launches at 90 angle, not 80. Also has slightly quicker IASA.

Utilt is Brawl's. Compared to Melee it has more vertical reach, better intangibility, and quicker IASA.

Fsmash objects are ordered after the first random object (pan->racket->club->pan, repeat). It also has a couple of hit frames present when she swings up and behind her head. The Pan's KB in particular is significantly improved and also does extra shield damage. The other objects were also improved but not nearly as much.

Usmash's shoulder sweetspot has priority over the not-as-strong hand hitbox. If people are super close to Peach when they get hit, they take a blow with similar damage and strength to Fox's Usmash.

Dthrow has slightly different KB (higher base, lower growth). This was because it didn't cause tumble in P:M causing odd chaingrabs at very low percents.

Floating Uairs cause Peach to lose a little height in float for some reason due to a bug that hasn't been singled out yet.

Toad is always safe on hit, and can trigger from behind Peach. The KB is slightly different (stronger) due to how colliding with defensive collisions doesn't cause targets to fall quickly midlaunch like in Melee.

Peach Bomber goes Brawl distance and has somewhat stronger KB, and uses a low launch angle. Wallbombing multiple times to recover is not possible since when used in the air, she falls farther than the height a wallbomb gives her.

UpB goes Brawl height, which offsets the lack of wallbomb recoveries. The parasol is held higher above her head when drifting down like Brawl.

Turnips can launch the opponent in the opposite direction they are thrown if they connect a certain way, instead of always in the direction they are thrown. They also spawn on the first frame of being pulled, so even if you're hit immediately out of DownB you'll still have whatever you started to pull.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
<3 Ryo

That's perfect.

I've got 10 minutes until class so i'm not going to get up a FAQ thread and whatnot until after (so in 4 1/2 hours, i'm in a woodshop so no chance of me getting it done during).

Also laptop battery nearly dead as well, so might have to wait until really late.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Maybe it's just me or playing against characters that never existed in Melee, but for some reason Peach's hitboxes don't feel as huge in Project M as they were in Melee.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Deff smaller compared to bowser lol.

Understandable @ Zard.

It's seems to be more the characters your playing against having good sized hitboxes.

Except wario. His ****s are tiny.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I don't play peach in pm cause dsmash is the worst sounding move in the world...in melee its a meat grinder in pm its like people shuffling paper together. Need it to change.

Obama 2016

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
oh cool you had a couple details i wasnt aware of. yay for toad being a legit counter.

i love peaches up smash. u should definitely use it irrugularly, as to not develop a habbit of doing it. but when u can set it up, it has so much priority and power. also, its the hand hit box thats more powerful isnt it? unless there is a third hitbox burried seriously deep within her. i know the shoulder hitboxes arent that powerful.

and how about armada at apex?! 2 years in a row our blonde friend has B****SLAPPED the competition.

edit: didnt realize there was a second page, this was in response to people who posted at the end of page 1, minus the apex comment.
about peaches hitboxes, you might find that some of them such as bair for instance, now have an animation that sort of better matches the hitbox. but in all, ive still noticed the same bulky attacks, including even better imrpoved ones. ive had no issue with her.

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
I finally got the game...
And I gotta say Peach is more versatile than I thought...

Can Peach really do this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-pxIUO3gE here..

I tried on the CPU's and it worked.. Since I'm new to the physic changes and the likes I'm not that succesful on it when trying on humans...

And one last thing. The discussions everywhere in here have practically died...
Funny how we don't discuss much about our metagame and Peach is still considered one of the best...

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Can Peach really do this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-pxIUO3gE here..

I tried on the CPU's and it worked.. Since I'm new to the physic changes and the likes I'm not that succesful on it when trying on humans...
This is DIable in P:M, so no. It works in Brawl because you can't DI nontumble launches (launches that can be teched), and the way move staling works in that game prevents moves from inducing tumble from repeated use despite accumulation of damage.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i agree i feel like peach doesnt get a lot of representation. i feel like shes so under represented in fact, that an overwhelming majority probably doesnt know what it is that really makes her good

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
i agree i feel like peach doesnt get a lot of representation. i feel like shes so under represented in fact, that an overwhelming majority probably doesnt know what it is that really makes her good
Good point, Falco and cap get more representation, but don't worry! Our girl won Apex 2013!

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
Good point, Falco and cap get more representation, but don't worry! Our girl won Apex 2013!
I know haha, and two years in a row too! it gives all those fox and falco d*** riders something to chew on. like i admit they are good, and clearly two of the best in the game, but they arent god teir to the point of metaknight where anyone can be good with them (although ZSS did destroy like 5 MKs to win brawl APEX, made me LOL in extreme satisfaction). It just goes to show how a good player and some brains can trump the tier list.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
no problem. you will also notice that that each of them have been buffed pretty fairly, in between their power, coverage, and the angles they send at. its not the backbone of peaches game, but in melee this move was like never used. in PM i use it at least a couple times per match though, great for edge guarding and defending yourself from an approaching, unsuspecting opponent.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
no problem. you will also notice that that each of them have been buffed pretty fairly, in between their power, coverage, and the angles they send at. its not the backbone of peaches game, but in melee this move was like never used. in PM i use it at least a couple times per match though, great for edge guarding and defending yourself from an approaching, unsuspecting opponent.
I mainly use it for edge guarding too, but I only really find the golf club to be that effective. Now I might be able to prep the move to have the golf club at the ready.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
ive found uses for the others as well, its all situation dependent. the tennis racket semi spikes, so thats good for getting early kills on the edge (thats about its only use though). the frying pan is great for killing floatier characters, as it has a lot of vertical KB and no sour spot. it can also set up for combos on fast fallers, but typically peach would have better set up options, like dash attack, ftilt, dtilt and even jab. still a fair option though. the golf club by far has the most range, and likewise it is a solid defensive option if you are trying to prevent an approach, and it it also has a lot of use on the edge with a still very horizontal KB angle. id agree that the golf club has the most use, but i still find myself getting use out of the others.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Yea, but, arent we forgetting fastfall foward tilt? That has to still remain a famous move of peach's.

I know it was pretty effective in melee, but it still is in P:M as well.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
ive found uses for the others as well, its all situation dependent. the tennis racket semi spikes, so thats good for getting early kills on the edge (thats about its only use though). the frying pan is great for killing floatier characters, as it has a lot of vertical KB and no sour spot. it can also set up for combos on fast fallers, but typically peach would have better set up options, like dash attack, ftilt, dtilt and even jab. still a fair option though. the golf club by far has the most range, and likewise it is a solid defensive option if you are trying to prevent an approach, and it it also has a lot of use on the edge with a still very horizontal KB angle. id agree that the golf club has the most use, but i still find myself getting use out of the others.
Hmm. I'll have to get into the habit of using those ideas. Or at least try them out.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
yeah like i said theyre far from useless. obviously this move isnt one of peaches core moves that makes her amazing, its just like a side tool that has great occasional usage in certain situations.

SamWholeFoods

Smash Rookie
In terms of fsmash, golf club is usually the most practical because it has the most range, which translates to a lot of space being covered because Peach's swing angle covers such a broad area around her. I feel like the predictability of fsmash might actually be sort of useful now vs Jiggly in particular. I'm thinking (and this really is just speculation) that a surprise golf club could catch jiggz off-guard and penetrate her WoP game. Still, not really any follow up or significant pay-off to landing a fsmash on jiggly T_T

Ftilt: First off all I'm sure we're all familiar with this video ftilt x5>nair? New meta. Anyway, I wanted to point out that you can (at least if your opponent doesn't DI? not sure) use ftilt as a CG extender vs spacies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB-wT8mwgyc -Armada vs Zgetto
3:53 Armada gets a Ftilt>regrab to add on some damage before Fox DIs the uthrows to reach a platform.

Ftilt is situational as hell but its a really cool move :love: almost like a worse sheik ftilt

tripwire

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who purposely changes my F-smash depending on character/percents? I mean that is the point of the move not being random.

When is the best time to Ftilt with Peach I usually seem to just miss barely and get punished. And I know this is at the top at the page but I thought any character could do any smash while holding an item as long as you hold the A button during another move then use the cstick to smash.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
no i purposely select my fsmashes as well. tend to favor the golf club and racket, but use the pan for people of less range or to kill floaties. as far as ftilt goes, i think jab is typically just a better option since it is quicker, has more range, and less endlag. if i do use an ftilt, i will use it under a platform to start tech chases, or on FFers and heavies to juggle and maybe get like 2 or 3 ftilts on them b4 they DI away. im not sure about the smash with an item thing, i havent tested it.

Top Bottom