• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Social Thread

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
that makes sense. im sure it works with peach as well. have any of you guys really tried implementing glide tossing/AGT into your game? i find AGT very useful for baiting and punishing, and it helps give peach a lot more mobility in the air, further adding to her already awesome air game. regular AGT is great for OOS on ranged characters or when you shield their projectiles and want to punish their lag (like with someone like link for instance).

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I think brawl mechanics help peach's Dair with percentage racking. For example Float canceled Dair into Dsmash is great with racking up percentage on a tank like Bowser. (Which is really important in the MU considering his mean crouch cancel game)
Speaking of Bowser, what can peach do to edgeguard a Bowser? I've tried Bair but i think with his Hyper armor too many trades occur using that.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
ive noticed that too, i feel like the hits connect more reliaby than in melee. but turnips work well for bowser. his recovery is very predictable, so one turnip can force him into a situation where its difficult for him to sweetspot, even if it doesnt kill him. at that point, fsmash or fair is a great way to edgeguard. ive never had any problems using nair as well, i think it had as a tad more range, especially at head height. i think it just depends on ur position relative to bowser. up b doesnt have a lot of coverage below him, so if you can get slightly under him or at least mostly level, ull be able to hit him without the trade, and nair is a more useful tool in that kind of positioning.

turnips in general do a lot to bowser in this MU. he is such a big target that its hard for him to avoid. you are also one of very few characters whose pillaring is not punishable by bowsers up b OOS, with +4 advantages on well timed FCed fairs, bairs, and nairs.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I think Silly kyle and SlayerZ are changing the peach metagame in PM imo, its like soooooooo many more dairs are being used which is kinda befuddling when in melee you see little to no dairs. It just seems as though because this is PM (The best of Brawl AND Melee), dair has more uses. Would this be considered a new metagame for peach integrating brawl and melee playstyles? If so how much more effective will peach be with it?

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Yeah, "Started". If you look at other great peaches you see that they dont use it as much.
Im just curious as to what one peach player such as myself can gain from using it in PM.(and maybe Melee as well) So far i see it as a gateway to a free nair, and a good pressure option like in Brawl.
What are your thoughts on using it often? How has it benefited you in your Melee and PM playstyles so far?

Edit: I now see it as a great approach, edgeguard, and platform protection option. Pretty much a brawl incarnate. Really i can see peach goin up at least 2 spots in the tier list with all the brawl mechanics working towards her favor so far, along with her already op melee playstyle.
(Her grounded nair does come out slower in PM though, so theres one weakness due to Brawl mechanics)
Oh, and I think her air dodge is a tad slower too.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
Peach is just amazing in so many ways as a character, there's a ton of different ways to use her and I feel she's one of the best BALANCED characters in the game currently.

Has anyone else been using sideB more as a tech chase option? It has great power now and sends at a pretty good angle.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Aaand, great range! I love going for it too, its alot less risky. Although most of the time i just pull one off by reading my opponent XD
But srsly, lets talk about dat AGT now.
-Great option to reach your opponent with a turnip if you feel you aren't close enough.
-Great recovery option if you have one in hand while floating.
-Great upper platform techchase option into nair.
-You can get to the ledge faster with it as opposed to Short hop backwards turnip throw.
-Can be a good alternative to Zdroped turnip in some cases.
-And, more turnip trick possibilities! Really flashy too :D

Needsmorespin

Smash Cadet
Geez, this might just be me, but upon further practice with Peach...I personally feel Peach has the potenial to be a spacie killer

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
She's always been a spacie killer, dat Dsmash man :p Can lead to tech chase situations easily. She has a chaingrab on him, and can edgeguard him easily if you know how to read him.
Have you seen a video with Armada playing Peach against a spacie in Melee?! 0_0

Needsmorespin

Smash Cadet
been awhile since I Peached (yes that is now an Adjective), ps the Downsmash shall now be known as 'The Meat Grinder'

Needsmorespin

Smash Cadet
I think brawl mechanics help peach's Dair with percentage racking. For example Float canceled Dair into Dsmash is great with racking up percentage on a tank like Bowser. (Which is really important in the MU considering his mean crouch cancel game)
Speaking of Bowser, what can peach do to edgeguard a Bowser? I've tried Bair but i think with his Hyper armor too many trades occur using that.
Yeah Bowser Crouch Cancel Game is not a good Idea in this case because it breaks the unspoken golden rule of smash...NEVER HOLD DOWN AGAINST PEACH!!

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Yup, and even if our dsmash gets read, we always got Uthrow into Uair chains at low percents to rack up dmg as well!
Anyone see the trailer for 2.6 yet?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I really think Bonewalking, Freepulling, and other Brawl related turnip pulling tricks should be in PM... I would even be okay if it was taunt centered, or if you had to hold B, or whatever~

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Freepulling is in, its harder doe. You have to pull a turnip on the exact frame you start falling from a ledge.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Yea thats possible, In fact a DJ land oos into Dsmash is a great out of shield option.

Needsmorespin

Smash Cadet
attention to anyone reading this thread, please lend me your ears...my name is Curtis AKA DJ-Hyrul3 (or Needsmorespin here on the boards) and I have something I wish to say, I've been playing smash for almost 4 years now and its been the most wonderful yet frustrating time of my life, I've done subpar at most tourney's I've gone to and I tend to take my losses too much to heart and constantly berated myself for making mistakes I could easily fix/work around.
I've gone into most of my tourney's saying "I'm going to lose, why am I even doing this, whats the point in trying when I'm just gonna come dead last?" and I started to wonder why I even bothered trying to make it in the competitive scene in the first place, like why try, everyone is always gonna be better then me and I'll always be known as 'that guy who will always place dead last at whatever he does'.
my negative attitude also tended to bring other people around me down as well...then my friend GMaster171 finally gave me a wonderful and much needed pep talk that has started to get me out of my emotional slump.
now what I'd like to request of the people reading this thread is either join me in a Peach Main Skype group or if your in one see if I could join, also I ask that you please don't TL;DR this post because this is really important to me.
Smash isn't easy for me given the fact that I'm Autistic and that tends to damper my mentality ability, Smash is honestly the best thing that has happened to my life and I don't want to drive myself away from that.
I'm asking for help because I do need it because I realize that I'm my own worst enemy and only the help of others will help me get over this gap that is starting to spoil the best thing in my life.
So...to anyone willing to help I appreciate it, hell to anyone who actually took the time to read this whole post...thank you, it means a lot to me, because by just taking the time to listen to what I have to say...you've done me a giant favor.
thank you all for listening to me speak my mind, your all wonderful people and its because of people like my friends, Alex, Gardy, Greg, Saru, Nik and all of you that were willing to hear me out that make all the frustration, self-berating and depression worth it, thanks :)

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I see that more PM Peaches think that DJC is a good fake out option, but its also a good zoning option with new U-Tilt, and a great OOS option with Dsmash.
(Also, any Peaches here ever try the claw method? I think it would improve my punish game what with faster uairs and bairs, but I'm getting my head around utilizing it in the neutral game)

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
So has anyone else noticed how stupid good footstooling is with Peach?

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who feels like a lot of Peach mains in melee picked up Pit in PM? Armada is the obvious one but i feel like I've seen a few other dedicated peach players play PIt. I dunno i don't see much similarity between the two aside from being floaty and looking like girls, ahh well maybe I'll try him out and see what happens

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Can you give some examples? From what I've seen Armada is like the only top Melee Peach that picked up Pit in PM. Some others like Vanz and Silly Kyle still play Peach in PM.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Can you give some examples? From what I've seen Armada is like the only top Melee Peach that picked up Pit in PM. Some others like Vanz and Silly Kyle still play Peach in PM.
I dunno I swear I've seen others like on Vgbc or some other random PM streams i just can't think of any lol. It was just kind of a random thought i don't have any real evidence to support it aside from armada lol ;P

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
You can footstool directly into a float above your opponents head which opens to door for all kinds of combos since your opponent can't act for a few frames, or you can also footstool and z-drop a turnip on someone immediately which can also set up for some creative combos. Also offstage footstooling is the closest thing Peach has to a spike. I'm still experimenting with it, but I feel like there's lost of unexplored potential in footstools.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
You can footstool directly into a float above your opponents head which opens to door for all kinds of combos since your opponent can't act for a few frames, or you can also footstool and z-drop a turnip on someone immediately which can also set up for some creative combos. Also offstage footstooling is the closest thing Peach has to a spike. I'm still experimenting with it, but I feel like there's lost of unexplored potential in footstools.
foot stool into float cancel dair sounds unbelievably hype

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
What about claw grippin doe, lotta untapped potential in that too i think.
Also in terms of footstools, all i got is a dair to footstool on firefox. Pretty legit but you gotta make sure to float forward during the dair.

Top Bottom