• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach players least used moves...

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Ok I would like to talk about Peach's moveset and which moves I generally dont use too often.
(BTW this is my first EVER thread of this site and I hope I didnt do anything wrong)

Toad: While its a counter and has some KO power at higher percentages and does decent damage, its rather small and has some ending lag while being very easy to punish.
I find myself getting more punished when I use the move and I always thought my timings would be correct and precise.
Its still decent definatly, but it can be more harmful to yourself if you dont time it right.

B-air: This move has fast start-up, but tons of ending lag and some landing lag. It has small range as well and it needs to be at high percents to actually KO or send the opponent far. It can be somewhat risky offstage because of its ending lag.
I do use it alot, but compared to her other moves, not too much. Its really best used in conjunction with floating.

F-Smash: I use this move alot of the time and its good, but I dont land it all too often. It has great range, knockback, and is very fast with little ending land. I think it does actually have a "blind spot" that people say many other characters have on certain moves. The main Weapon I use out of the 3 is the tennis racket, it has very high base knockback, and the scaling seems to be somewhat average, but its still great.

I use these moves at times, and they can be quite helpful and good, but for me, they dont always end up either hitting or end up with good results.

But what do you guys think? What moves do you not use very often with Peach? why dont you use them so much compared to her other moves?

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
side b
Literally only use it if I get a good read during a combo string

It's super punishable if you miss it you're left wide open

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Actually this is a great idea for a thread. I feel its important to know the uses for every move and work them into your gameplan. Thanks!

Toad: I started to use this a lot more when I figured out the Toad edgeguard. Wait in float by the ledge and toad when a character with a hitting upB tries to recover. A little risky but huge payoff. It does also give you a situational landing option, if you read that someone's gonna try to up smash or dash attack or something. Use it sparingly since it can get baited out.

Side B: I've started using this to catch landings from a greater range than I usually do. Luckily its pretty safe on shield, so even if they get it up you can put on some more with Dair pressure if they stay in shield, or just back away if you think they'll attack. I feel like its really useful against shulk. Also usable for tech chases. There's a small window after you input the side B where you can change the direction, its a little bit of a buffer if they roll the other way.

Bair: I found out recently that if you're holding down when you use back air you do this auto fast fall thing. Its weird, but useful. Can do it when you drop float, or at the top of a jump. When its fast falled it actually covers a large ground and you can beat out a lot of aerials you wouldn't be able to otherwise. And I believe you can space it so you don't get shield grabbed. Need to test more since i just started doing this.

Personally I don't use turnips enough actually. Side B out of shield covers the same range that turnip out of shield would, and I don't know how to follow up well when I do hit a turnip. I just sorta toss em and run in for a grab or dash attack, and i'm usually far enough away that they can react.

Oh and I don't use forward or up tilt much either

Last edited:

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
Up-tilt. Don't see why I would need to nor have I ever been put in a situation where I was like "Hey! I should use uptilt right now!".
I dunno I just never use it.

I barely use dtilt too cuz i find it too risky. Slow and really easy to tech out of.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
I use utilt really only on battlefield and when I get a good read at low percentages and I can keep chaining it to rack up damage.

dtilt is really good if you read a roll, it combos into so many moves

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Up-tilt has alot of range and is fast and greatly disjointed and even has KO potential.
Its mostly good against opponents above you, but trust me its helpful.

Yea D-tilt is fantastic it is relativly fast and just like what Pippu said, it combos into so many moves even at high percents and the range of it is rediculous sometimes xD

Pretty Princess

Smash Cadet
NNID
lordgooomy
3DS FC
0559-7269-5928
On FD, I rarely use her Up-Tilt.

Everywhere else, Toad is my least used. Though I'm going to try and use it for denying some recoveries by the ledge. :D

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
i use just about every move except toad. seriously that move is awful.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
It really isn't.
It has a awful start up and can be pretty easy to read and punish. But it has really high launch power and can be gimped pretty easily.

Her counter isnt near as terrible as it was in melee in brawl. It's actually useful in sm4sh

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Don't think of it as a counter. Just think of toad as an extra jump that has bite when hit. Seriously its good to use that stall as if it was a jump. So he isn't awful.

Peachach

Smash Cadet
I am tired of reading Peach players don't realize the potential of Toad and Peach bomber. Peach bomber and Toad are excellent to mix up rhythm of the game. If all you do is float/nair, you become a a sitting (floating) duck...too predictable.

For those who say side-B is so punishable: hello - it bounces of shields + you can change direction at execution + you can have a turnip in your hand during use for security/comboing. So that if you seem open after it, smack the turnip. It's essential to my game.

Toad: great to use against greedy combo'ers. Provided you know the timing of your opponents. I will admit, you need to be ninja with Peach to use these moves well. Toad is great to disrupt combos if you know what you're doing, great to surprise opponents during recovery, and to suddenly pull out instead of an aerial if your opponents tends to assume/have move priority in the air. It's also useful as a spike defense.

I will try to post some videos later.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I am tired of reading Peach players don't realize the potential of Toad and Peach bomber. Peach bomber and Toad are excellent to mix up rhythm of the game. If all you do is float/nair, you become a a sitting (floating) duck...too predictable.

For those who say side-B is so punishable: hello - it bounces of shields + you can change direction at execution + you can have a turnip in your hand during use for security/comboing. So that if you seem open after it, smack the turnip. It's essential to my game.

Toad: great to use against greedy combo'ers. Provided you know the timing of your opponents. I will admit, you need to be ninja with Peach to use these moves well. Toad is great to disrupt combos if you know what you're doing, great to surprise opponents during recovery, and to suddenly pull out instead of an aerial if your opponents tends to assume/have move priority in the air. It's also useful as a spike defense.

I will try to post some videos later.
I agree I use her side-b almost as much as I use her turnips, its so much better then the previous games, and I still use Toad, I just dont always get the best results, but its still good for sure

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
You know what match toad is real good in. Charizards. It will kill him.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
U tilt because brawls was better. Side tilt because almost no follow ups.
Yo did you just say side tilt has no follow ups?

her side tilt is excellent at continuing followups and starting them

Dunno what you mean by it having none but I use it often

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
Like what? I've played peach since brawl. Brawl peach had follow ups. I use her laggy side tilt as enders. I've seen people side b after it, but that's not good enough. Very punishable and laggy too.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Like what? I've played peach since brawl. Brawl peach had follow ups. I use her laggy side tilt as enders. I've seen people side b after it, but that's not good enough. Very punishable and laggy too.
I will admit it's tough for starting combos because for some reason my opponents always seem to DI away, but at low percents it works decently in conjunction with down throw. And I think it's safe to say Sm4sh peach has better follow ups especially because of her up Ariel.
The side tilt isn't too laggy, and it's just in the ending lag, but it has some noticeable IASA frames

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Dthrow>stilt>whatever is a common bnb i use. I also use it alot to continue my followup strings to keep my opponent in the air so they dont hit the ground.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
After reading this thread, I have some tips for you guys. Your opinions are valid, but I just want to give my own experience with the moves.

Toad: You guys are mostly right when you say this move is meh. However, Toad is actually the most balanced counter. It can't kill super early, it deals decent damage, it has decent safety when you use it right, has a nice window of active counter-ready frames, and it has the right amount of startup/end lag to stop it from becoming stupidly unfair (hello Little Mac's counter). It should be used sparingly, as should any counter even if you can get away with spamming DownB as Shulk/Mac online... It's a pretty scrubby way to go about things. You can use toad to edge guard if someone is recovering low. It's good to cover your butt when landing too, since most people try to keep Peach up in the air. The sad thing is Peach floats in place when she uses Toad, meaning you can't punish Usmashes/Uairs like you can with other counters half the time. Feel free to use it off stage to stall or bait an approach from would-be edge guarders.

Peach Bomber: This move is beautiful. It has less kill power, but it can bounce off shields and punish rollers. It has ridiculous follow ups. You hit a shield? OK, delay and then Fair. You hit a person? OK, aerial/Fair or something. Landing and blocking an expected retaliation attack is also an option. The only way you can get punished is if you whiff the move range wise (it makes you sit low to the ground, so that can actually keep you safe) or if someone spot dodges. So feel free to harass or tech chase with it if you master it.

Utilt: Low knockback, great range. You can use this when Usmash isn't safe enough. For example, Usmash needs to be very precise with the stupid fast aerial bros/spacies/etc if they fast fall. Utilt can catch almost anyone before they touch you. It's a good way to rack up damage and follow it into a Uair too. Not using Utilt is severely limiting your defensive options/combo starters.

Ftilt: Can Can tilt is best tilt. It's a good combo starter and is more for juggling. The way she throws her leg up and bends back makes it great for catching short hop spammers (AKA: tryhards who need to chillax). It can lead into Utilt quickly or more Ftilts. It can also lead into an Fsmash.

Fsmash: Not hitting with it? OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOOOOOING? The pan can KO at 100% for most characters, and perhaps a bit less depending on Peach's rage status and the opponent's weight. It has nice vertical range so you can catch people midair/short hoppers. The tennis racket is a seriously awesome near-edge move and can KO around 70% if your opponent DIs wrong or if you gimp them after that. Golf club is possibly her best Fsmash option because its reach is nearly double that of the tennis racket's reach. It also has great downward reach. For example, you could stand one Peach's length away from the ledge and STILL hit someone who's lingering on the edge with the thing. FOOOOOOOOOOORE! ALWAYS keep in mind which Fsmash you have stored. Feel free to cycle between them to get what you need since its a fast attack. It's a good kill move option after 100%, and perhaps her only kill move option that's not Usmash, Fair, or gimping. My fave is still the golf club because people who space Peach do not take its range into consideration. Even really good players.

UpB: Great offstage gimp potential, jumping down and hitting someone recovering low is nice. If they spot dodge and get nicked by the umbrella, they'll bounce off the stage side and to their death most of the time. It shouldn't really be used for killing and should never be used to land on stage unless you know for sure you can land safely and/or fake out long enough to make your opponent susceptible to an attack. It can be used for killing after 80% upwards the same way ZSS's UpB can be used to kill. However, DIing sideways is also possible so... Yeah.

In the end, the least move use for all Peach users should be Toad. Toad is nice and all, but is easily her weakest link of all her current moves. Most of the time it's usually just easier to ready a Golf Club Fsmash or some sort of floaty aerial when edge guarding. Only use Toad when you know your opponent abuses UpB's hits to phase you when recovering low.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
After reading this thread, I have some tips for you guys. Your opinions are valid, but I just want to give my own experience with the moves.

Toad: You guys are mostly right when you say this move is meh. However, Toad is actually the most balanced counter. It can't kill super early, it deals decent damage, it has decent safety when you use it right, has a nice window of active counter-ready frames, and it has the right amount of startup/end lag to stop it from becoming stupidly unfair (hello Little Mac's counter). It should be used sparingly, as should any counter even if you can get away with spamming DownB as Shulk/Mac online... It's a pretty scrubby way to go about things. You can use toad to edge guard if someone is recovering low. It's good to cover your butt when landing too, since most people try to keep Peach up in the air. The sad thing is Peach floats in place when she uses Toad, meaning you can't punish Usmashes/Uairs like you can with other counters half the time. Feel free to use it off stage to stall or bait an approach from would-be edge guarders.

Peach Bomber: This move is beautiful. It has less kill power, but it can bounce off shields and punish rollers. It has ridiculous follow ups. You hit a shield? OK, delay and then Fair. You hit a person? OK, aerial/Fair or something. Landing and blocking an expected retaliation attack is also an option. The only way you can get punished is if you whiff the move range wise (it makes you sit low to the ground, so that can actually keep you safe) or if someone spot dodges. So feel free to harass or tech chase with it if you master it.

Utilt: Low knockback, great range. You can use this when Usmash isn't safe enough. For example, Usmash needs to be very precise with the stupid fast aerial bros/spacies/etc if they fast fall. Utilt can catch almost anyone before they touch you. It's a good way to rack up damage and follow it into a Uair too. Not using Utilt is severely limiting your defensive options/combo starters.

Ftilt: Can Can tilt is best tilt. It's a good combo starter and is more for juggling. The way she throws her leg up and bends back makes it great for catching short hop spammers (AKA: tryhards who need to chillax). It can lead into Utilt quickly or more Ftilts. It can also lead into an Fsmash.

Fsmash: Not hitting with it? OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOOOOOING? The pan can KO at 100% for most characters, and perhaps a bit less depending on Peach's rage status and the opponent's weight. It has nice vertical range so you can catch people midair/short hoppers. The tennis racket is a seriously awesome near-edge move and can KO around 70% if your opponent DIs wrong or if you gimp them after that. Golf club is possibly her best Fsmash option because its reach is nearly double that of the tennis racket's reach. It also has great downward reach. For example, you could stand one Peach's length away from the ledge and STILL hit someone who's lingering on the edge with the thing. FOOOOOOOOOOORE! ALWAYS keep in mind which Fsmash you have stored. Feel free to cycle between them to get what you need since its a fast attack. It's a good kill move option after 100%, and perhaps her only kill move option that's not Usmash, Fair, or gimping. My fave is still the golf club because people who space Peach do not take its range into consideration. Even really good players.

UpB: Great offstage gimp potential, jumping down and hitting someone recovering low is nice. If they spot dodge and get nicked by the umbrella, they'll bounce off the stage side and to their death most of the time. It shouldn't really be used for killing and should never be used to land on stage unless you know for sure you can land safely and/or fake out long enough to make your opponent susceptible to an attack. It can be used for killing after 80% upwards the same way ZSS's UpB can be used to kill. However, DIing sideways is also possible so... Yeah.

In the end, the least move use for all Peach users should be Toad. Toad is nice and all, but is easily her weakest link of all her current moves. Most of the time it's usually just easier to ready a Golf Club Fsmash or some sort of floaty aerial when edge guarding. Only use Toad when you know your opponent abuses UpB's hits to phase you when recovering low.
Nice, I use Fsmash a lot and generally get hits. But mostly it's with the tennis racket and it doesn't hit as often as I would like, but yea your right though xD

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
I do down throw>dtilit>sh float nair> grab> down throw> back air. If i know I cant get the dtilt I just bair. side tilt used to go into utilt for free in brawl. now utilt juggles and side tilt doesnt set up much.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I do down throw>dtilit>sh float nair> grab> down throw> back air. If i know I cant get the dtilt I just bair. side tilt used to go into utilt for free in brawl. now utilt juggles and side tilt doesnt set up much.
lol Dthrow sometimes leads into Dtilt? O.o
I know it can lead into F tilt which is nice,

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
if your opponent doesnt jump and air dodges to avoid your side tilt, dtilt works wonders.

BurgleTurd

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurgleTurd
For me, the only move that I never use in matches (not intentionally) is Utilt. Probably because I lack the practice to use it effectively, but I always end up Usmashing instead.

Last edited:

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Welllllll....

Side B (Peach Bomber): This move is def. not being used a lot and their usually making a big mistake not using it. Side B is good. It can punish rolls and it can be used for surprising. For example, retreat then side B. This usually works on people who doesn't know when to quit. It's also good for uses like this: Your opponent is trying to recover low. Drop then side B facing the edge. BOOM!!! It's also good, because it can bounce off and you can float and do dair or even Fair, cause they usually drop their shield after getting hit by her side B. Also good for going back to the stage, but I don't recommend this if you're fighting an opponent who's good at reading.

Fsmash: Lol. It's literally one of her better kill options. Good thing about it is unexpected as you can actully pick what comes out depending on the situation. Frying Pan has good vertical knockback. Tennis has great horizontal knockback. Golf has great reach AND good for hitting opponents who aren't invisible when haning on ledges. I don't see why this move isn't used that much. I always use this when I have the chance or when I successfully read the opponent's rolls.

B (Toad): This move is awesome. Great knockback and good reach, but use it wisely (also it's sometimes super safe so throw it out whenever you like. JK. It's safe, but use it wisely). NEVER EVER use this when you're opponent is under or above you or when they throw out a projectile. Use this only when opponent can be reached by the spores. Good for edgeguarding, but risky (make sure you save that second jump) Also good when you know they're gonna attack when getting up the ledge. Also don't use it when the opponent's up B can grab (*cough cough* Captain Falcon *cough cough* Ganondorf *COUGH*)

Up B (For Killing): It's not exactly the move, but the frequency of how they use it. This is a good kill move. Here's how you use it. Get turnip. Throw it up in the air, and when you see them air dodge Up B to where they are and they're dead. Of course, make sure that your opponent is sure to die when you do this. However you can also use this as a surprise kill move, which is mostly for a good opponent who doesn't spam air dodge and they use it wisely.

B Air: Definitely one of the moves I barely see in an average peach player. Good knockback and has fast startup....... BUT........ (Butt? XD lol).... *Clears throat* It has so much ending lag and landing lag, so be careful on using it. As all the professors would say in the pokemon games: "There's a time and place for everything"

U Smash: I.... I don't even know how to start this one.... Best vertical knockback when sweetspotted and can kill at early percentages depending on character...... I... Just don't get why they don't use this that much... I know they say don't throw it around and use it wisely, but are you sure you're using it wisely when you're not using it at all? Okay.... How to use it... Use it on opponents who doesn't know when to quit on using laggy moves (*cough cough* Link's U Air and D air) or just bait them to airdodge into it (Turnip: You called for me?).

U Air: Okay I admit I used to hate it, but man you don't know that this has more potential to turn into deadly combos than the her U Air on past smash bros. It can do a mini spike which leads into combos (watch Dark.Pch's tutorial about it here). Tbh I never watched it, but it should help those who wants to watch it. Also watch EOE's combo videos. I remember seeing him use U Airs for combos/followups.

Lol. Okay I know some of you have different experiences with other peach players, so you might disagree on some of them. But also remember these are from my experiences and not yours so don't take it seriously or start an argument xD. Anyways, hope this helps some of you ^_^. NightPeach will be out to get daylight now :).

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Welllllll....

Side B (Peach Bomber): This move is def. not being used a lot and their usually making a big mistake not using it. Side B is good. It can punish rolls and it can be used for surprising. For example, retreat then side B. This usually works on people who doesn't know when to quit. It's also good for uses like this: Your opponent is trying to recover low. Drop then side B facing the edge. BOOM!!! It's also good, because it can bounce off and you can float and do dair or even Fair, cause they usually drop their shiled after getting hit by her side B. Also good for going back to the stage, but I don't recommend this if youre fighting an opponent who's good at reading.

Fsmash: Lol. It's literally one of her better kill options. Good thing about it is unexpected ad you can actully pick what comes out depending on the situation. Frying Pan has good vertical knockback. Tennis has great horizontal knockback. Gold has great reach AND good for hitting opponents who aren't invisible when haning on ledges. I don't see why this move isn't used that much. I always use this when I have the chance or when I successfully read the opponent's rolls.

B (Toad): This move is awesome. Great knockback and good reach, but use it wisely (also it's sometimes super safe so throw it out whenever you like. JK. It's safe, but use it wisely). NEVER EVER use this when you're opponent is under or above you or when they throw out a projectile. Use this only when opponent can be reached by the spores. Good for edgeguarding, but risky (make sure you save that second jump) Also good when you know they're gonna attack when getting up the ledge. Also don't use it when the opponent's up B can grab (*cough cough* Captain Falcon *cough cough* Ganondorf *COUGH*)

Up B (For Killing): It's not exactly the move, but the frequency of how they use it. This is a good kill move. Here's how you use it. Get turnip. Throw it up in the air, and when you see them air dodge Up B to where they are and they're dead. Of course, make sure that your opponent is sure to die when you do this. However you can also use this as a surprise kill move, which is mostly for a good opponent who doesn't spam air dodge and they use it wisely.

B Air: Definitely one of the moves I barely see in an average peach player. Good knockback and has fast startup....... BUT........ (Butt? XD lol).... *Clears throat* It has so much ending lag and landing lag, so be careful on using it. As all the professors would say in the pokemon games: "There's a time and place for everything"

U Smash: I.... I don't even know how o start this one.... Best vertical knockback when sweetspotted and can kill at early percentages depending on character...... I... Just don't get why they don't use this that much... I know they say don't throw it around and use it wisely, but are you sure you're using it wisely when you're not using it at all? Okay.... How to use it... Use it on opponents who doesn't know when to quit on using laggy moves (*cough cough* Link's U Air and D air) or just them to airdodge into it.

U Air: Okay I admit I used to hate it l, but man you don't know that this has more potential to turn into deadly combos than the her U Air on past smash bros. It can do a mini spike which leads into combos (watch Dark.Pch's tutorial about it here). Tbh I never watched it, but it should help those who wants to watch it. Also watch EOE's combo videos. I remember seeing him useU Airs for combos/followups.

Lol. Okay I know some of you have different experiences with other peach players, so you might disagree on some of them. But also remember these are from my experiences and not yours so don't take it seriously or start an argument xD. Anyways, hope this helps some of you ^_^. NightPeach will be out to get daylight now :).
I agree with pretty much everything you said.
Fsmash golf club can hit opponents on ledge? O.o

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
I agree with pretty much everything you said.
Fsmash golf club can hit opponents on ledge? O.o
Yeah lol It can xD. I actually found out when I thought I was gonna hit with a tennis racket, but ended up with golf club and it hit the guy who kept on going back and forth the edge. Plus..... If you read the description on the ledge trumping video, her golf club is one of them: http://youtu.be/2vVug_cxA6A

Lol btw I edited the post again since I didn't notice my mistakes there. I'm on a phone so it's kind of hard to type xD. I'm also glad you agreed with me xD.

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Call me crazy......... but I never use her UTilt, DTilt, and her Nair.

I just ALWAYS get a sourspot 6% with nair, and rarely get the full knockback + the 13% it can do.
It upsets me because feel so inadequate as a peach player. T__T I liek to think im reasonably good, as my win ratio is about 67% online in 1 on 1.

fair+dair 4 life

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
I lied, utilt is awesome. It is best used as a way to juggle at low percents. I sent a greninja from 0 to 50% yesterday. Blew my mind.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Call me crazy......... but I never use her UTilt, DTilt, and her Nair.

I just ALWAYS get a sourspot 6% with nair, and rarely get the full knockback + the 13% it can do.
It upsets me because feel so inadequate as a peach player. T__T I liek to think im reasonably good, as my win ratio is about 67% online in 1 on 1.
Her Bair and Nair come out instantly and both have a decent amount of hitbox time. You should ram Peach's body against your foe and gogogo. Both moves have very high priority. Don't be scurred. Of course, top tiers will probably be more of a headache.

I lied, utilt is awesome. It is best used as a way to juggle at low percents. I sent a greninja from 0 to 50% yesterday. Blew my mind.
I love to add insult to injury by using Utilt a few times followed by a Usmash. Some people become deathly afraid of Peach when it comes to approaching her from the air.

Last edited:

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
This thread is actually shocking me by some of the moves people don't use!

Back Air

While not on the ground, this is peach's fastest aerial, and it is a great option. One of the best punishes is back air out of shield. (BAOOS) I am shocked some peach players don't utilize peach's amazing back air out of shield to punish. Bair is a great option off of down throw combos, and is also a good spacing option. You can run from your opponent then immediately back air if you catch them approaching and get a good hit, and possibly a K.O.!

Side B

Side B honestly is a good option. Usually, I use side b for spacing. I will run away from my opponent and then immediately side b if I catch them approaching me recklessly. Side B is GREAT for shield pressure, as you can immediately float out of it. Most opponents don't realize peach can float out of a Side B on shield, and you can use this to your advantage by getting a free down air, or a fast fall out of float into a grab or pretty much whatever you want if your opponent locks into a bad option expecting you to be on the ground. Did I mention combos?

Toad

I honestly understand why some people may not use this move as much, but it has situations where it shines. B-reversing off stage is a good way to space yourself from an opponent who likes to go for crazy edge guards, as your momentum from the toad b reverse will push you back a little towards the blast zone, and the b reverse toad is a good way to make yourself face the ledge to help you get back in a pinch. Also, when toad is used in the air, it will give you a little boost the first time. If you continue to spam the toad it won't lift you up anymore. Additionally, the toad can obviously counter. If you can read your opponent and know for sure your opponent is going for attack you can use that toad and get a lot of damage off and even a free killl!

I know this post was supposed to be about talking about what moves you use the least, but I read some of these and was just kind of dumbfounded and felt the need to possibly share a few ideas how to incorporate these moves into your play! Personally, I find a use for every move but the move I say I'd use the least is probably up tilt.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
The only move that I don't really find myself going to is Utilt. For whatever reason this move just doesn't have the same feel to it as it did in Brawl where I would rush to use it any moment if given the opportunity. I think the main reason for this is her new Uair. Whenever I can Utilt I tend to prefer ground float Uairs to catch people.

As for some of the other moves mentioned, I think Peach Bomber is incredible. Practically safe as long as your opponent doesn't spot dodge, and amazing for chasing/punishing rolls and moves quickly and puts you in a good spot if it connects. Bair might be my least used aerial but I still incorporate it a lot. The main issue I have with it is its range.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
The only move that I don't really find myself going to is Utilt. For whatever reason this move just doesn't have the same feel to it as it did in Brawl where I would rush to use it any moment if given the opportunity. I think the main reason for this is her new Uair. Whenever I can Utilt I tend to prefer ground float Uairs to catch people.

As for some of the other moves mentioned, I think Peach Bomber is incredible. Practically safe as long as your opponent doesn't spot dodge, and amazing for chasing/punishing rolls and moves quickly and puts you in a good spot if it connects. Bair might be my least used aerial but I still incorporate it a lot. The main issue I have with it is its range.
I can agree with most of this. While Bair doesn't have the same range, BAOOS is stiill an incredible tool that will hit opponents even with the range nerf. Also, peach bomber can punish spotdodge if the opponent spotdodges and THEN you side b. I feel the same way about peach's uair. Her utilt in this game just has less range and isn't as strong.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sometimes using Utilt is safer than using Uair, especially against fast fallers or huge lolhitboxes. It feels the same as in Brawl, imo. While Uair can deal nice damage, Utilt has great 0-50 combo capabilities that if you whiff, you can't be punished for it. It also has great follow ups. Uair can also combo like that, but you have a pause between landing and floating again. That split second isn't great to give up, since Peach's movement speed doesn't accommodate mess ups.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Sometimes using Utilt is safer than using Uair, especially against fast fallers or huge lolhitboxes. It feels the same as in Brawl, imo. While Uair can deal nice damage, Utilt has great 0-50 combo capabilities that if you whiff, you can't be punished for it. It also has great follow ups. Uair can also combo like that, but you have a pause between landing and floating again. That split second isn't great to give up, since Peach's movement speed doesn't accommodate mess ups.
That is true. its only weaker because the sweetspot is actually on her body and not the blast itself.
Thats not necessarily bad because it allows for some great juggling, Though I will admit it just..... doesnt feel the same. but its good nonetheless

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
That is true. its only weaker because the sweetspot is actually on her body and not the blast itself.
Thats not necessarily bad because it allows for some great juggling, Though I will admit it just..... doesnt feel the same. but its good nonetheless
I couldn't agree more.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Dude whats up with the Toad hate

Sure its situational but its also my favorite offstage finisher against characters with hitbox recoveries. Plus you can basically force the kill with it by applying enough skill and offstage pressure.

Utilt I always use in one of my bread and butter approach combos (Fast Fall Dair behind opponent into Utilt) Otherwise it gets rare usage. I imagine its the ultimate platform coverage tool though.

Peach Bomber... You guys. This move is great. Fast startup but contrary to how it looks its not meant to be a ranged attack.
First of all its range doesnt cover roll distance unless the opponent rolls From the front to behind you. DO NOT chase back rolls with this unless you dash chase first.

What it IS good for is punishing rushes. Dash Attacks, Dash Grabs you name it. Its a great interrupt against aggressive enemies and its also a great pressure tool since it bounces off shields. Only use this on MOVING opponents. Not opponents holding their ground and baiting a counter. You want to use this when you have opponents getting desperate or in a state of panic/frustration.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
All of Peach's moves have a use. They are all great, but not TOO great to the point of being annoying or braindead to play *rolls eyes over @ Yoshi and Fox*. Her weakest link is Toad since it's a very balanced counter that only kills past 100%. Sounds like a good move, amirite? Cuz it is. It's just not her best move.

Peach Bomber gets a second place mention. Now that it bounces off shields it's a ton safer. It has plenty of utility and is a great tech chaser if you can't reach the destination by foot in time. Worse case scenario is you bounce off the shield and follow up. You need reads to use it effectively. But not as hard of a read as Toad.

Just my opinion after using her for a while now.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Her only useless move to me is up tilt because a ground floated or short hop u-air is better and easier to hit and has like the same range. I'm not sure I understand the discussion here on it, as I haven't really been punished for ground floated up airs when my opponents are above me, largely because I can start float away after using it if I miss and land once the autocancel window opens up. But most likely I just don't understand how to use up tilt right.

I think Peach bomber is under used. Excellent tool to counter act, I find that if I can predict where my opponent will go, i'd rather stutter step into the side B for an easy punish and much less punishable than a whiffed toad. Not only that, but it can be autocanceled from a near full hop, which nobody ever expects. Side B is also an excellent way to avoid being pressured at a ledge, like Diddy will place a banana and think you have noewhere to go - run off stage and instantly up B back onto stage if he chases after. It's a good option.

Also, when getting up from the ledge, if you side B really close to the ground, it goes freakin far and is an extra get up from the ledge option as a result. Opponents will often not be spaced for it. The move is punishable if you use it without thinking through, but there are tons of unpunishable or hard to punish situations for using it.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I wouldn't call utilt redundant because we have uair. It's for sure faster on it's own than jump+uair.

My personally least used move is dtilt since I don't like slow moves. And while Toad is a good counter, I hate counters in general.

Top Bottom