• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach players least used moves...

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I wouldn't call utilt redundant because we have uair. It's for sure faster on it's own than jump+uair.

My personally least used move is dtilt since I don't like slow moves. And while Toad is a good counter, I hate counters in general.
Just use your magical girly manly muscles to win then.

On a srs note, Dtilt is a very beautiful mixup tool that isn't really slow. Feint a Uair/tilt/smash attack by making your opponent read incorrectly. Then Dtilt after their dodge flubs. You can usually slam them into the ground and hit them back up with a second Dtilt. It has the ability to spike and can hit people on ledges. Dtilt also moves you forward ever so slightly, making it harder for your opponent to judge if it will hit or not. Lastly, Dtilt makes Peach's hurtbox smaller, making it a great mixup for getting aerial approachers.

Side note! Thanks to Peach's longer turnip pull animation, many players ASSUME you are plucking/going to pluck a turnip. So they approach, seeing it as an opportunity to close in on you while you're "helpless." Whoops! Nope! Dtilt. And now you're up in the air on/in my turf. How... Peachy~!

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace

On a srs note, Dtilt is a very beautiful mixup tool that isn't really slow. Feint a Uair/tilt/smash attack by making your opponent read incorrectly. Then Dtilt after their dodge flubs. You can usually slam them into the ground and hit them back up with a second Dtilt. It has the ability to spike and can hit people on ledges. Dtilt also moves you forward ever so slightly, making it harder for your opponent to judge if it will hit or not. Lastly, Dtilt makes Peach's hurtbox smaller, making it a great mixup for getting aerial approachers.

Side note! Thanks to Peach's longer turnip pull animation, many players ASSUME you are plucking/going to pluck a turnip. So they approach, seeing it as an opportunity to close in on you while you're "helpless." Whoops! Nope! Dtilt. And now you're up in the air on/in my turf. How... Peachy~!
Agreed, if you hate slow moves why are you using her Fair?

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
i would say i dont use her tilts enough...at least not on purpose.

and for the ones that said they dont use turnips enough one way to use them effectively for a kill even from what ive learned you can jump towards your opponent with a turnip throw it when you feel they wont shield and you have an opening hit with the turnip followed by a fsmash now i honestly dont know much about sweet and sourspots but if i were to guess actually hitting with the crown when she swings it is the sweet spot and from what ive seen you can easily sweetspot most of the time ending with a kill at about 90% or 100% depending where you are on stage of course

or one of my favorites because i think its hilarious just catch them while recovering by throwing turnips over and over hopefully hitting them and pushing further away from the stage and down farther from the edge XD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This only works so often.

On a srs note, Dtilt is a very beautiful mixup tool that isn't really slow.
Agreed, if you hate slow moves why are you using her Fair?
Fair is at least an aerial. But anyway, slow moves aren't necessarily bad. You do want a mix of slow/fast moves to use in different situations. Fsmash is only two frames slower in any case and generally I prefer that. But dtilt is still good, and it has a disjoint basically since her arm is invincible during it. Its still slow though. But then again I call anything after frame 6 slow. xD

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
i would say i dont use her tilts enough...at least not on purpose.
Same. I often (accidentally ofc) input smash attacks instead of tilts, so I find them a bit difficult to use efficiently. However, I've fallen in love with her wonderful dtilt so I've been practicing a lot recently in order to improve.

Out of all her moves, I rarely use her jab and utilt.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Same. I often (accidentally ofc) input smash attacks instead of tilts, so I find them a bit difficult to use efficiently. However, I've fallen in love with her wonderful dtilt so I've been practicing a lot recently in order to improve.

Out of all her moves, I rarely use her jab and utilt.
Her jab was neutered to uselessness thanks to the range nerf, since that tiny bit of initial range is what made it really good. So that makes sense. It is the best anti-pressure tool she has besides a nicely timed grab or turnip to the face, but it only works if the person is right in front of her. It works really well if the person is too far too grab, but is shielding. They will try to grab you or jump away, but your jab will nick them. Or at the very least you make them stall and waste some of their shield stamina/durability.

Utilt is still a good move.The sweet spot is on her shoulder and not the heart because it is used to launch the character high enough to be followed into the weaker Utilts. The damage difference isn't a lot, and sure the Utilt sweetspot has high percent kill potential, but she has better kill options anyway. It's just another one of her mixup tools. You aren't hurt for not using it, but you do make yourself more predictable by not using it.

But then again I call anything after frame 6 slow. xD
Don't play Zeldoo then. Her attacks are so slow and laggy that you can't tell if Zeldon't is going in reverse or not.

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Thanks for the advice! I'll try to use these moves more often. After all, I don't want my playstyle to seem predictable.

Top Bottom