• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pausing during a match to speed up transformation time.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Do others allow you to do it? Im sure it's banned in tournies, but remember in Melee where you could switch in the air (preloaded characters FTW) to Zelda to recover. Thats impossible in Brawl, but pausing the game to speed up the transformation can allow you to recover easier...

Is it legal in friendlies?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I doubt it since I'm pretty sure after you transform once you won't have the problem of waiting for ever, or do you have to load the characters, every single switch?

I've switched and recovered before (in brawl) but I was knocked up to the upper corner of the stage.

Villi

Smash Lord
You have to wait after every tranform. I don't really see the point in doing the pause to transform faster exploit. In friendlies, it's not so serious that I would want to interrupt the match in such an obnoxious way. In tournament matches, it just wouldn't be allowed. Sounds like a funny money match idea, maybe?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Is this allowed in friendlies? You make the rules for friendlies by the consent of the two parties playing.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I might get a little irritated. I change back and forth quite often in matches.

If they only do it once or twice, alright, but like, 4 times+ would get annoying.

It would be totally sweet, though, to jump off stage as Sheik, transform, pause, come out as Zelda, jump then lightning kick for the kill.

Top Bottom