• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause and Play 6th Tournament - May 19th

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
Alright, here is the info:

Rules for all events:-

-We are starting on time, please call if you are going to show up late.

-All semi-final and final matches will be recorded.

-Pausing without warning or acceptance from the opponents will result in the loss of that game.

Contact info:
-Here is my number: (336) 953-6741. Call me if you have any questions, are lost, or are going to show up late.

Pricing/Prize:
$5 door fee
Melee singles: $5
Melee doubles: $10 per team

Pot split for all events will be 60/30/10

Schedule:
Saturday, May 19th
10:00 Registration opens
1:00 Melee doubles starts
3:00 Food break
4:00 Melee singles starts

Sunday, May 20th
Smashfest for anyone interested.

Time can be adjusted depending on how many people show up, and how fast things get done. People may stay as late as they like and we will have housing for everyone that needs it. There will be some tv's running all night. It is advised to bring any necessary sleeping equipment, as there will not be any beds available. I will have chips, Mountain Dew and water for sale at any point during the event.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List

Neutral
---
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick
---
Pokemon Stadium

We need setups as always. Please post if you plan to bring anything and post what you plan on bringing so we can organize ahead of time. I'll also try to get Project M up and running by this time.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make this after all. =/ However! I may be able to host a thing Friday or Saturday evening for dudes who are going to or coming from this. Think about whether you want a place to sleep, play more Melee, and potentially get slizzard on either of those nights.

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Working on getting project m up and running. I just got back from Asheville. Local attendance is looking decent. Sucks you can't make it ewb. =(

Mahone

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make this after all. =/ However! I may be able to host a thing Friday or Saturday evening for dudes who are going to or coming from this. Think about whether you want a place to sleep, play more Melee, and potentially get slizzard on either of those nights.
i might be down to chill friday night, can u pm me ur address and stuff?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Flowin i think we might play here in Raleigh today, Im driving to this thing tomorrow

still looking for people for my car.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Hey man Is a 4 hour drive for me and I really want some games in before Zenith, I can play today and sleep in my car and go to the tournament tomorrow haha don't care just give me a place and I'll be there

HOLLA

:phone:

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
@ FlowinWater n anyone else, I'm down to play today. I'm near Burlington, so if you're coming from the east I'm on the way. You can probably have an actual bed anyway.

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
No time limits, and I totally welcome people here today. Lots of locals will be here today and tomorrow, and anyone is totally welcome! Birthday bash, lots of cake, and other assorted foods.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Id super prefer if Macon turner wasn't here. I don't know if he plans on going, but I'd just like to know before I drive an hour and fifteen minutes.

Unless he has the 350 dollars he owes me.

iAmTeawee's

Smash Rookie
Id super prefer if Macon turner wasn't here. I don't know if he plans on going, but I'd just like to know before I drive an hour and fifteen minutes.

Unless he has the 350 dollars he owes me.
hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i hope he has it :reverse:

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
LOOOOOOOOL. To my knowledge, he will not be attending. I do try to avoid drama though, so if, for whatever reason, he ends up being here ( not that he has said anything to me about it ), take it outside.

Top Bottom