• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XII May - Ft. Dart, Iori, KC, StL, Arkansas, and more!

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash
AllIsBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13321
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/298008646950983/
Springfield, MO discussion thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298346
Organizer/Host: Terral

No venue fee; entry fees to be decided, but likely $10 for Melee singles and $10 per team for doubles. Please bring your own controller. Doors open at 1:00 PM, arriving earlier than 12:30 is unwise if you don't enjoy standing around. Bringing setups (TV + console + game) or partial setups is hugely appreciated.

The May tournament will feature Melee, and possibly Project: M. Enough of the Brawl players have stopped coming reliably that it seems silly to continue to schedule Brawl events.

Other games may also be featured on the side, such as Brawl, Super Smash Bros 64 or Super Street Fighter 4. If participants want to bring a game (any game), they should bring a full setup (TV + system + game and ideally an extension cord/power strip) for it to be played on, and we may have a single-elimination event if there's demand.

If your match is on a recorded setup, please use identifying nicknames so that the one running the setup has an easier time keeping track of who is who when they are uploaded.

Tournaments are roughly scheduled for the third Saturday of each month, but this changes on a monthly basis.

For the curious, there should be some kind of food and soda, and the venue has water fountains. Expect pizza, but there's a good chance we will need to pool together money.

If you think you may need to text someone, just ask and Terral can provide a cellphone number.

Venue Details

Name: Pathways United Methodist Church
Address: 1232 E. Dale Street
Springfield, Missouri, United States

Don't break anything, keep to the rooms where the tournament is in. The May tournament will be in a side-room of the gym; the gym entrance will be unlocked, and it is the glass door to the left of the main parking lot, on the East side of the building.

Rules[COLLAPSE="Melee"]4 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (2 of 3 if players agree)
Wobbling is banned

Character choice/stage selection is identical to Brawl's rules. Random is a legal character choice; character may be randomized ONCE as the last step before starting the game.

Starter:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter-pick:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Doubles changes:
Starter: Pokemon Stadium
Counter: Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise
Banned: Fountain of Dreams[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Brawl"]Using the newest version of the BBR Unity Ruleset, with added match-up specific rules. Meta Knight is banned. PS2 also is removed from counter-pick. We may drop Unity in favor of a custom rule set; this is up for discussion.

Double elimination
3 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (or 2 of 3 if players agree)

1-stock format: 3 minute timer, best of 5, 7 for finals

Match-up specific rules:
- If a character matchup is chosen that has a character-specific infinite or near-infinite, if the character with an infinite counter-picked the other player, the disadvantaged player may choose to reset the character selection process (they choose a different character, opponent counter-picks again; this can happen only once)
Affected:
Dedede's standing infinite (Mario, Luigi, Samus, Donkey Kong)
Marth's re-grab (Ness, Lucas)

First round of a set:
- select characters for first set
- strike out stages from starter: one player strikes two stages, other strikes three, first strikes one.
- each player may ban a stage for the set
After:
- loser chooses counter-pick stage*
- winner chooses character
- loser chooses character

- When choosing a character, multi-character slots are to be specified (ie ZSS or Samus, Shiek or Zelda); Pokemon Trainer may be randomized, and random (slot) is a legal selection

* You can't counter-pick a stage that you've already won on in the set, unless agreed upon

Starter:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Smash 64"]5 stocks, items none
Best 2 of 3, recommended 3 of 5 for finals
DK's infinite cargo hold is banned

Starter Stages: Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle, Dream Land
Counterpick Stage: Peach's Castle.[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Super Street Fighter 4"]Play for best of 3 best of 3, with finals being best of 5 best of 3. Double elimination. Random stage, since picking is pointless.[/COLLAPSE]

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Can we note that we will be using the SSBPD for seeding this month for Melee plz. Also plz add to the title: Ft: Jace, Arby, VTS, and more!

This is what I have so far for confirmed entrants (with elo in parenthesis):

Dart (1844) - IL
Iori (1669) - TN
Nite (1637) - TN
Jace (1580) - KS
ihavespaceballs (1549) - TN
Strong Bad (1457) - MO
VTS (1451) - AR
Arby (1428) - AR
G. Vice (1425) - AR
ACE (1404) - AR
Cookiemonsta (1382) - MO
Tomacawk (1344) - IL
Zantetsu (1319) - MO
Myztek (1316) - TN
King Siegfried (1309) - MO
Terrence (1264) - MO
The March Hare (1256) - AR
Bert (1222) - MO
The Saber Guy (1219) - AR
Wretched (1206) - MO
Bill Cosby (1160) - MO
Terral (1144) - MO
Fishburne (1112) - MO
Daniel the Seraph (1053) - MO
zZz (1049) TN
Ugvts (1002) - MO
John (Unr) - MO
Andy (Unr) - MO

5 states already confirmed!

Maybe's:
Zivilyn Bane (1341)
Yoshiman (1075)
Some dudes from Fayetteville

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
So Raven knight is a No. He's going to be in russia. The March Hare is almost certain unless something very unfortunate happens like death.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Where are some places to stay in the area? Is there anything set up, in the Church or something? Good nearby hotels? Anything. I know it'll be a major concern for my friends so I'd like to be able to reassure them.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm going to have Terral see if the church would allow some players to sleep over Friday night. The lock in is Saturday night so that should be ok if they will allow it. Terral, if necessary I can stay there too. Then we can do the tourney in the gym, or side room. We will get back to you asap.

:phone:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It's awesome to see all of this hype for the tournament. We will investigate the possibility of people staying the night at the church, because that would be incredibly convenient.

Dart!

Smash Master
theres a tournament in chicago the same day. and its 2/3 hours closer to me. Why you do this to me?

scratch that....the chicago tourney is 4 hours closer to me than this.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dammit dart

johning out of teaming with me AGAIN ugh

jace we're winning this

going to practice so hard for this unlike that rolla tourney

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Strong Bad (1459) - MO

Pfft Strong Bad isnt that good.

:troll:

But seriously, it looks like you're representing Missouri since Sinister isn't coming.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Dart says he still might go. Bert, you need to go regardless because I said so.

Work hasn't approved my requests for these days, so I might not be able to show up until 515pm. Also, since I work Saturday morning, I can't sleep over at the church :(

Vts

Smash Champion
Dart says he still might go. Bert, you need to go regardless because I said so.

Work hasn't approved my requests for these days, so I might not be able to show up until 515pm. Also, since I work Saturday morning, I can't sleep over at the church :(

i just found out i got my time request approved so that's good news for me

and rest of arkansas lol

so for seeding are we doing pools also? or since we have limited time we might not be able to do them? or start them and do it as a warm up type thing or night before for funs

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
i just found out i got my time request approved so that's good news for me

and rest of arkansas lol

so for seeding are we doing pools also? or since we have limited time we might not be able to do them? or start them and do it as a warm up type thing or night before for funs
I'm showing up late but the tourney is starting on time. Remember, Terral is the TO, not me. I would appreciate it if you and Adam help him get things going though, since he lacks some motivation there sometimes (especially with larger crowds). Pools will be seeded by Elo, brackets will be seeded by pools.

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm showing up late but the tourney is starting on time. Remember, Terral is the TO, not be. I would appreciate it if you and Adam help him get things going though, since he lacks some motivation there sometimes (especially with larger crowds). Pools will be seeded by Elo, brackets will be seeded by pools.
So if it was me i'd have everyone that's going send me a text message or message me on here so i can make pools even before hand or have most of it already done.

or is the elo website going to do everything? cus that would be kind of crazy to see how it works, rather do that i like surprises , cmon 1300-1400 pool, me,arby,ace,strongbad,ziv,and g.vice go!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
So if it was me i'd have everyone that's going send me a text message or message me on here so i can make pools even before hand or have most of it already done.

or is the elo website going to do everything? cus that would be kind of crazy to see how it works, rather do that i like surprises , cmon 1300-1400 pool, me,arby,ace,strongbad,ziv,and g.vice go!
All you gotta do is go to the website and upload the .tio file, but I don't think we'll have internet on the computer we're using, so just use your smartphone and check everybody's elo. It's really easy though. Say there are 30 players, and we do 5 pools of 6. The seeds are like this

1 and 10
2 and 9
3 and 8
4 and 7
5 and 6

Everybody else is random and can be changed so that you don't have people in the same crew/location/ect.

Dart!

Smash Master
i'll talk to luke. i'd really like to go but i would like a decent turnout if i'm ditching whooping up on kels for this.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Okay if Dart is coming, I'll come. Did anyone ask Binyan yet?? If all he needs is a ride, I'll drive him. And Deku for that matter.

@Cookie - ask Atma, Deku, and Blitz to come. Tell them I will drive them all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Change it from Strongvts to Strong Bad or I'm not attending.

EDIT: We good

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Is the stage list out of date? I haven't updated the rules in a while since we've just had fairly casual events with mostly locals for a while.

Top Bottom