• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI December

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We will 100% have a Brawl bracket. It will almost definitely be free considering BZA's crew won't be making it (they're about half of our Brawl players). It will be 1 stock best of 5, because it's more fun and fun is fun.

Project M is a Brawl mod that makes it more like Melee, but it still holds some of Brawl's good characteristics and advances, as well as makes some of its own. It's the best Smash game, but they'll never feel good enough about it to release it.

The Springfield crew is mostly made up of Melee players, but we have some decent Brawl talent as well. No clue how we compare to other places, though Yes is probably the best one here and he's from a far away land.

One of the guys who had been wanting to stop by is at about 70% confirmation. He'll try to be there after 7 (works that day) if he's able to make it. He's not competitive, but he's curious about the competitive scene and wants to see a tournament for himself. I'm not sure about the other guy, I may or may not have heard from him.

ZGE

Smash Apprentice
Finally made up my mind, I'm about to leave Columbia. Someone want to let me in around 12:45 or 12:50?

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'd recommend having someone's number to let you in lol. if im there in time you can call me: -snip- but if not you can call me and i can call someone for you

ZGE

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a good first smash tournament for me, had lots of fun and you guys were pretty forgiving of my not knowing certain rules (aka attacking YES before I was supposed to in crews, not to mention not doing so well in crews, plus not knowing how stage striking and bans and stuff worked). If tournaments are the third Saturday of the month, that should put the next one right before the next semester starts for me so if someone else from Columbia wants to carpool with me next time to cut down on gas that would be awesome.

tl;dr: It was a good time, thanks.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a good first smash tournament for me, had lots of fun and you guys were pretty forgiving of my not knowing certain rules (aka attacking YES before I was supposed to in crews, not to mention not doing so well in crews, plus not knowing how stage striking and bans and stuff worked). If tournaments are the third Saturday of the month, that should put the next one right before the next semester starts for me so if someone else from Columbia wants to carpool with me next time to cut down on gas that would be awesome.

tl;dr: It was a good time, thanks.

I'll make sure Sinister hears about this.

Terry

Smash Ace
Nice to meet you ZGE. You were a lot better than I was expecting. If you knew Sinister and got to play him more I think you'd get pretty good fast. I'd say he's better than anyone that was at the tournament.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my performance. I shouldn't have lost that stock to Robbie though. I couldn't play seriously with him taunting randomly. Although, if it were tourney, that wouldn't have happened.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
I just wanna say that the tournament was hella fun and I'm glad I got a chance to play everyone again and meet the new guys.

Also I'm very proud of how much better Chris, Terral, and Terrence have gotten. Can't wait to rewatch the set where Terrence almost beat StrongBad for me in bracket lol

GG's everyone

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I had a lot of fun. I was hardly expecting 10 people, it's awesome we managed to get about 17 or so throughout the night.

Great meeting you, ZGE. I would have introduced myself sooner but I couldn't tell if I recognized you or not until we talked. Hopefully we see you back next month. It should be on the third Saturday, but I try to work with everyone's schedules if at all possible.
Speaking of which, if anyone has a day that they can't come to a tournament, now is a good time to say so.

I'm going to upload the results either tonight or tomorrow, and I'll see about getting those replays for Strong Bad (I'll try to get it within the week, but I can get them sooner if they're needed urgently).

Top 3 (from memory, not 100% sure I remember right):
Brawl: Yes, ZGE, Terral
Melee: Strong Bad, Cookiemonsta, Zantetsu
Melee Dubs: Zivilyn Bane + Zantetsu, Strong Bad + Cookiemonsta, Yes + Terral

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Doubles was
1. Ziv & Zantetsu
2. Me & Karl
3. Yes & Terral

Shoutouts in the results thread

Saffy

Smash Ace
Wish i could of came to this :((((((
I was in the ER that day lol.

Karl gonna be beating you next time Adam. :troll:

Also GL to anyone who is going to Apex too :)

Terry

Smash Ace
I just wanna say that the tournament was hella fun and I'm glad I got a chance to play everyone again and meet the new guys.

Also I'm very proud of how much better Chris, Terral, and Terrence have gotten. Can't wait to rewatch the set where Terrence almost beat StrongBad for me in bracket lol

GG's everyone
HELL YEA. I wanna watch that set too. And **** Strong Bad. I remember him saying that Ziv and Zant were the only ones that had any potential in Springfield. Mother****er. Get wrecked.

Terry

Smash Ace
**** YOU. You make it sound like I shouldn't have almost beaten him. And **** you for naming our team. If we ever team again, I'm naming the team.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Okay that is fair enough.
Strong bad needs encouragement too. You already know that you get waaay better every tournament.

I play peach now
we coo

Top Bottom