• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Patch Notes for 1.1.1

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Not about Link, yet still relevant.
Not sure about Links nerfs and buffs, but we are going to have to look at the Ganondorf MU once again!
BAHAHAHAHAHA! Ganondorf got really buffed.
First off, our fair does more damage, and has more knock back.
DSmash got a huge buff in knock back, and connects way better.
U-throw now does a whopping 10%
Now here is the best thing...
Ganondorf can now reliably break shields.
Aerial Wizkick now has less end lag, and it does a ton of shield damage. Like, it nearly depletes the whole shield, and will break any shield if it is any less than full.
We are still testing out frame data, but we think Ganondorf may be a little bit faster in some moves as well.

Last edited:

Jaylastar

Smash Rookie
Could someone test out Dair, I am having a far easier time pulling off spikes and stage spiking than ever before. This was brought to my attention by someone else who felt the same.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Checked the hitstun on dthrow and it seems to be the same. Tested on sheik at 130% both on pre-patch (old clip) and post-patch. Knockback also seems to be the same.

Something has changed since you could never true combo sheik with dthrow-uair at 110% with sheik DI'ing away from Link.
It could be less CD after dthrow (nevertheless, I get true combo on sheik at 110% in training before the patch)

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Not about Link, yet still relevant.
Not sure about Links nerfs and buffs, but we are going to have to look at the Ganondorf MU once again!
BAHAHAHAHAHA! Ganondorf got really buffed.
First off, our fair does more damage, and has more knock back.
DSmash got a huge buff in knock back, and connects way better.
U-throw now does a whopping 10%
Now here is the best thing...
Ganondorf can now reliably break shields.
Aerial Wizkick now has less end lag, and it does a ton of shield damage. Like, it nearly depletes the whole shield, and will break any shield if it is any less than full.
We are still testing out frame data, but we think Ganondorf may be a little bit faster in some moves as well.
We still has the courage! Dats all that matters.

FSK

Smash Ace
It could be less CD after dthrow (nevertheless, I get true combo on sheik at 110% in training before the patch)
I labbed that dthrow to uair on sheik for hours at that percents I never got a true combo on shiek. I used 1/4 hold L to make sure my input was frame perfect. Now after the patch I get a true combo on my first try. This also works on Rosalina, which I never got a true combo on either before the patch. Before the patch we were only a few frames before getting the true combo so any change could be very slight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_A5aiVLQ8

AtlusKnight

Smash Rookie
Well going back to the data dump it could've referred to Hispecial and if that is the case the hitboxes were altered for it to hit better.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I have a good background in brawl modding so I can read the code to some degree, here's the changes that are on Dantarion's mastercore. Just giving general stuff, nothing specific until I get more time.

CatchDash and CatchTurn (dashgrab and pivot grab) seem to have longer lasting hitboxes but retract faster(?) Can't really tell with those two, but that's my gut feeling. There's more added lines of code, but I can't tell what it is, I'm guessing it's hitbox information.

SpecialHi (up special): Seems to have it's hitboxes moved around. The first has it moved by about 1.5-2 units in the negative x direction and in the z direction 1.2 units (negative and positive depending on which hitbox it is, the first one is positive while the other is negative)
247: no idea what this is, but same deal here. Maybe it's the aerial version? But it seems to have the same data as specialhi. Maybe it's a custom move? Not sure at all, tbh.

You guys can choose to believe me or not, but I implore you guys to check out my background in brawl coding both on Smashboards and KCMM.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
The Robin mains named Robins new hoo ha combo "the checkmate". We need to name Links hoo ha as well.

So Dthrow to Uair is true combo now?

Also little tip for fighting ganondorf, his aerial wizard foot breaks shields.

WATCH OUT!

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
The Robin mains named Robins new hoo ha combo "the checkmate". We need to name Links hoo ha as well.

So Dthrow to Uair is true combo now?

Also little tip for fighting ganondorf, his aerial wizard foot breaks shields.

WATCH OUT!
the butt stab?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Warning Received
the butt stab?
I was thinking because its a true combo and it needs to sound cool,

TRUE COURAGE. It sounds cool and matches the term true combo.

Also I think Link has more defense. I ate 6 smash attacks from a mario AT THE SWEET SPOT.

Because Robins got more buffs? I will keep a close eye on them.

Don't spam this thread with information about other characters or silly tech naming. This thread is for working out what the patch has changed for Link.
Then its official. True courage is what I'M calling it.

Also my bad.

link2702

Smash Champion
Warning Received
I'm assuming for your sake that this was an accident.
posted that reply at roughly the same time you posted your own, not like i saw your post before hand else i wouldn't of bothered posting at all

also no reason to be so uptight, jeeze have a bit of humor.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I labbed that dthrow to uair on sheik for hours at that percents I never got a true combo on shiek. I used 1/4 hold L to make sure my input was frame perfect. Now after the patch I get a true combo on my first try. This also works on Rosalina, which I never got a true combo on either before the patch. Before the patch we were only a few frames before getting the true combo so any change could be very slight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_A5aiVLQ8
Is it a true combo at higher percents? Link was able to airdodge out at higher percents. Still seems like a read heavy option.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Is it a true combo at higher percents? Link was able to airdodge out at higher percents. Still seems like a read heavy option.
I didn't test Down-Throw -> Up Air on Shiek but I did on ZSS and it's a true combo from 90%-140% from what I tested. I'm not sure if they can DI out of it but if you're frame perfect it will register as a true combo. The timing however is strict.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
DThrow got no changes whatsoever
All sources that have read the info from the datamine have confirmed that only dash/pivot grab and up-b got changed, guys. Maybe you all just got better at the d-throw combo or figured out something new on accident

Last edited:

TFofTruth

Smash Rookie
All sources that have read the info from the datamine have confirmed that only dash/pivot grab and up-b got changed, guys. Maybe you all just got better at the d-throw combo or figured out something new on accident
Maybe ZSS/sheik or whoever changed in terms of weight, so it's not a change on Link's end?

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Since Falcon/MK dash grab fall off the ledge again, does that mean we can slide off the edge with a bombslide again?

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I notice some adjustment in Spin Attack Hitboxes. Now it seems easier to get the sweetspot damage (14% uncharged).

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I just noticed this post http://smashboards.com/threads/tour...unity-patch-notes.412130/page-9#post-19796492
Notably, the second hit of Fair is as safe on shield as the first hit now. The second hit has slightly less range than the first hit, but it also does slightly more shield push-back to make up for it. Very interesting.
I'd consider that a really good thing because wasn't one of Link's biggest flaws lack of good answers to a shield? I mean grab, yeah, but it can be spot-dodged.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I just noticed this post http://smashboards.com/threads/tour...unity-patch-notes.412130/page-9#post-19796492
Notably, the second hit of Fair is as safe on shield as the first hit now. The second hit has slightly less range than the first hit, but it also does slightly more shield push-back to make up for it. Very interesting.
It could be possible that other moves might've gotten shield push buffs as well. I'll have a look to see it for myself. Dtilt might be sefer for example.

Edit: I can confirm that Dtilt has decent shield push now. About as much as Ftilt actually, but not quite as much (but it's safer overal since it's a much faster move). Whether it's already been there or not though is up to you guys. Tippered Fsmash has a lot of shield push as well. A lot more that Ftilt (It's probably always been that way though).

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It could be possible that other moves might've gotten shield push buffs as well. I'll have a look to see it for myself. Dtilt might be sefer for example.

Edit: I can confirm that Dtilt has decent shield push now. About as much as Ftilt actually, but not quite as much (but it's safer overal since it's a much faster move). Whether it's already been there or not though is up to you guys. Tippered Fsmash has a lot of shield push as well. A lot more that Ftilt (It's probably always been that way though).
No no no... The buff was the fact that Link leaves the hit lag from the second hit of Fair two frames earlier now, making it the same as the first hit. Read the post I linked. The only reason I mentioned shield push back at all was because I was saying that the first and second hit of Fair are now comparably safe on shield. If you need me to explain further just PM me.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
No no no... The buff was the fact that Link leaves the hit lag from the second hit of Fair two frames earlier now, making it the same as the first hit. Read the post I linked. The only reason I mentioned shield push back at all was because I was saying that the first and second hit of Fair are now comparably safe on shield. If you need me to explain further just PM me.
I did, my bad. I assume (most) of the changes listed there were taken directly from the game itself, so any other changes would be mentioned. But yes, I misunderstood you when you mentioned shield push back. My apologies, I should've read more closely.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Dude, this is HUGE in my mind! Great discovering here by that guy. It surely have relation with the last of the three modification on the datalog..

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Apparently bombs do 9% damage when they explode on the ground when I could've sworn they did only 8% before. Am I wrong?

emefcue

Smash Cadet
Apparently bombs do 9% damage when they explode on the ground when I could've sworn they did only 8% before. Am I wrong?
They did 9% before the patch as well. They had to be as close to the fighter without actually touching them though. I ha e noticedthe 9% more often though, so maybe tthey widened the area where 9% will register.

Top Bottom