• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Patch Notes for 1.1.1

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
It's an oddball change, but when looking for Link's mystery parameter changes, I found that his Power bow custom now deals 19% instead of 20% on a full charge. All precautions were taken before testing.

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
I have not been able to play Smash 4 since January and I am now getting back into it and Link feels much better than he did back then so these buffs he has received since then are very welcome he feels much more rewarding now.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Uh, he's better but he's not where he should be.

The almighty lord Sakurai hath given and hath taken. But pray child, that our lord and savior will approach us with open arms some day. Pray, that Mash Potato God Sakurai will show us a new light; a forest that houses a mighty blade that can smite the evil our current blade cannot. No! Our prayers shall be answered through his and his will alone... We are at his mercy. So pray with me child... For frame buffs on sword attacks.

Teh Sandwich

Smash Apprentice
Uh, he's better but he's not where he should be.

The almighty lord Sakurai hath given and hath taken. But pray child, that our lord and savior will approach us with open arms some day. Pray, that Mash Potato God Sakurai will show us a new light; a forest that houses a mighty blade that can smite the evil our current blade cannot. No! Our prayers shall be answered through his and his will alone... We are at his mercy. So pray with me child... For frame buffs on sword attacks.
I'd be happier with a faster jump animation.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, ok, this thread is not meant for talking about what buffs you want. Do that either in the social thread or better still, don't do it at all, because it's pointless and almost always stupid.

Wheo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Inakenty
Hey guys,
i have this weird moments with Link after the last patch , but i am not sure if this was also in the game before the patch ,i just wanted to ask you if someone knows whats going on here on the video which i uploaded today. i tried this often in training mode and on some friendlist matches and it seems like the first hit of links up special has a glitched knockback.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Bombslides are still in
Uair and Dair damage nerfed by 1%? not sure though
Uthrow knockback seems nerfed as well

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't have the update yet, just reading, but
Bowser Jr. Down smash does 10 Shield damage, up from 1. His Jab 2 has a frame speed multiplier changed so that itends after 26 frames instead of 40. Wowsers.

Link has a ton of changes. skipping.

Little mac has a few that will take some time to parse. skipping.
Get to work.

Can we get confirmation on this
Links nair damage got buffed to 11 up fron 9.
He may just be stupid. The sweet spot did 11 and the sourspot did 9

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Tried uthrowing a Mario with max rage at 165%, and it didn't kill him. Kills at 167% without DI. So yea, Uthrow was nerfed. Can't follow it up with anything at low %.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yes, nair sweetspot does 11 damage. Sourspot does 6 damage.
Just saw your edit. So there's a nerf in damage to sourspot Nair. Darn.

Edit: wait what am I saying... it's always been that way. I'm getting all this confused with the weaker sweet-spot hitboxes that do 9% near Link's body. Just ignore me.

Edit 2: I don't think there's any change to damage in any of Link's moves.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Edit 2: I don't think there's any change to damage in any of Link's moves.
Actually, the initial hitbox of Dair doing 18% seems to be gone?
Edit: nope it's still there, just immediately after the spike hitbox as usual. So yeah, I think the damage is unchanged. Just going to check the specials now.

Edit: didn't arrows used to do 5% uncharged? They do 4% now.

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Can you confirm or deny the u-air nerf that cat mentioned? I can't use my wii u right now.

Last edited:

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Uncharged arrow does 4% on 1.1.0 3DS.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Uncharged arrow does 4% on 1.1.0 3DS.
I blame Aero's data for my confusion then XD. It has it at 5% uncharged for some reason, but the information on specials is always not to be trusted in these things.

I wonder what was changed then. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked aerial Up-B slightly, but it still has it's issues. All the AT's I've checked still work.

I'll have a look at the frame data for some moves.
The frames for Jab 1, Dash attack, F/U/D-tilt are the same (from a cursory glance).

I have to get going but anyone can check this stuff. Just use this http://smashboards.com/threads/foxys-guide-to-testing-and-labbing.417822/ to compare things to this http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Link

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
Welp....
According to Thinkaman:
Link up-b 2 got a bunch of hitbox upgrades: does 16% from 14%, 11/2% from 9%, has some new 14% hitboxes, 8% from 7%, 6% from 5%. No other changes.

Edit: A lot of custom moves got changed for a lot of characters.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Sit back ill test stuff when I get home tonight with two wii us lets see about that uthrow nerf

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Well, thank heavens they haven't touched the bombslide. That's one thing to be happy for.

FSK

Smash Ace
I guess I'll check frame data and damage when I get home (which is in a bit). Hopefully there will be some datamining happening soon.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Thinkaman said:
Link up-b 2 got a bunch of hitbox upgrades: does 16% from 14%, 11/2% from 9%, has some new 14% hitboxes, 8% from 7%, 6% from 5%. No other changes.
This information is from RAW data, so, there is NO OTHER CHANGE on Link... Link is untouched, aside Lightning Spin Attack.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Specials: Shocking spin attack got a buff, uncharged damage 16%, charged 25%. Knock back buff too. Aerial seems the same with 13% total but has a lower launch angle. Giant bombs might explode earlier, not sure. Meteor bombs do not explode when thrown down onto the ground, they true combo into jab at 10%+, these might be useful now. Quick fire arrows seem to charge faster, still do 7% charged, 1% uncharged. I think ripping Boomerang and wind upB are the same.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
This information is from RAW data, so, there is NO OTHER CHANGE on Link... Link is untouched, aside Lightning Spin Attack.
But if you read till the end of the quote you'll see:
"There may be changes to params, such as FAF numbers, but we need dant's dump for that." http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-engimatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/page-7#post-20219087
In other words, the testing is not done. There may be other changes. We can test things such as 'first actionable frames' using my testing methods outlined in the thread I linked earlier. Or we could just be lazy and wait for Dantarion.

Edit: I confirmed earlier that the initial hit frames and the FAF for Jab 1, dash attack, and all the tilts were unchanged, and I can confirm that nothing was changed for the smash attacks either. I'll get the grab and throw data next (luckily I collected some throw data previously http://smashboards.com/threads/link...-found-in-the-op.379659/page-34#post-20111209 as it wasn't/isn't available in Aero's data).

Edit 2: Frame data for Grabs are also unchanged.

Edit 3: I was unable to test the FAF of the throws because I never got the data for them, but the rest of the frame data for them is unchanged. We'll have to wait for FSK.

Edit 4: the frames for normal specials are unchanged.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Looks like there was a universal change that makes moves safer on shield. And someone's already worked out the benefits for Link.
If you want the full numbers for Link @Shaya:

Jab 1: Shieldstun increased from 1 frames to 4.

Jab 2: Shieldstun increased from 1 frame to 4.

Jab 3: Shieldstun increased from 2 frames to 5.

F-tilt: Shieldstun increased from 6 frames to 10.

D-tilt: Shieldstun increased from 5 frames to 9.

U-tilt: Shieldstun increased from 4 frames to 8.

Dash Attack: Shieldstun increased from 5 frames to 10 at the base, 6 frames to 11 at the tip.

F-smash 1: Shieldstun increased from 3 frames to 7 at the base, 6 frames to 11 at the tip.

F-smash 2: Shieldstun increased from 6 frames to 10.

D-smash: Shieldstun on the front hit increased from 6 frames to 11. Shieldstun on the back hit increased from 5 frames to 9.

U-smash: Shieldstun on the first two hits increased from 2 frames to 5. Shieldstun on the final hit increased from 5 frames to 9.

N-air: Shieldstun on the strong hit increased from 5 frames to 9. Shieldstun on the weak hit increased from 3 frames to 6.

F-air: Shieldstun on the first hit increased from 4 frames to 7. Shieldstun on the second hit increased from 4 frames to 8.

B-air: Shieldstun on the first hit increased from 2 frames to 4. Shieldstun on the second hit increased from 2 frames to 5.

D-air: Shieldstun increased from 6 frames to 10.

Z-air: Shieldstun on the first hit increased from 1 frame to 4. Shieldstun on the second hit increased from 2 frames to 6.

Spin Attack (Uncharged): Shieldstun increased, from 6 frames to 11.

Spin Attack (Full Charge): Shieldstun increased, from 9 frames to 15.

Shocking Spin (Uncharged): Opponent and self shieldlag is now 16 frames. Previously was 10 frames for the opponent and 15 frames for self (the overall increase is due to the damage buff). Shieldstun increased from 6 frames to 12.

Shocking Spin (Full Charge): Opponent and self shieldlag is now 22 frames. Previously was 13 frames for the opponent and 20 frames for self (the overall increase is due to the damage buff). Shieldstun increased from 9 frames to 17.

Link's projectiles did get shieldstun changes, but for some reason most of them also get hitlag changes too. And I'm pretty sure they didn't get any damage changes. And it doesn't seem like the shieldstun changes for the projectiles follow the same formula as his physical attacks.

Hero's Bow (Uncharged): Hitlag reduced from 6 frames to 5. Shieldstun increased from 2 frames to 4.

Hero's Bow (Full Charge): Hitlag reduced from 9 frames to 7. Shieldstun increased from 5 frames to 6.

Power Bow (Uncharged): Hitlag increased from 5 frames to 7. Shieldstun increased from 1 frame to 3.

Power Bow (Full Charge): Hitlag increased from 12 frames to 16. Shieldstun unchanged.

Quickfire Bow (Uncharged): Hitlag reduced from 5 frames to 4. Shieldstun increased from 1 frame to 3.

Quickfire Bow (Full Charge): Hitlag reduced from 7 frames to 6. Shieldstun increased from 3 to 5.

Gale Boomerang: Hitlag unchanged. Shieldstun increased from 3 frames to 5.

Boomerang: Hitlag unchanged. Shieldstun increased from 4 frames to 5. Hitlag on the returning hit unchanged. Shieldstun on the returning hit increased from 2 frames to 4.

Ripping Boomerang: Hitlag unchanged. Shieldstun increased from 2 frames to 4.

I'll get the numbers for Ryu next, hopefully that'll shed some light on the shieldlag changes.
http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-engimatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/page-9#post-20220385

This is kind of nuts. Link suffers against shields, so this is a huge buff for us in particular.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Found this:

https://twitter.com/gazer2014/status/649222545107873793

Not sure if Ryu could've spotdodge/rolled out of it, but bomb down throw>sweetspot nair>dsmash breaks full shields. Maybe the new shieldstun makes it inescapable.
Just for the sake of clarifying for those who are in this thread only, as I said in the social, this ^ isn't guaranteed from what I can make out because the opponent can drop their shield in between the bomb and Nair.

Now,
So...

Apart from the airdodge and roll changes that seems to be universal as well seeing dantarions dump, link has changes to walkslow walkmiddle and walkfast, was his movespeed increased?

He also has some other changes to slipattack, downattackd and downattacku, attackairlw. Do we know what these mean?
FSK, where are you? This is the kind of thing that requires a comparison between pre and post patch.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
So after the first hit on shield, can the second hit of Fsmash hit while the opponent is still in shield stun? Could mean that Fsmash breaks shields now, kinda.

Bombs need testing for shieldstun.

It looks like buff city for Link, all thanks to this one change. One of his main weaknesses was his unsafeness on shield, and moves we had that were safe on shield before are even safer now. Does this mean that we can be more agressive now? Huh.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
Updated OP,

Going to test Link's walk, powerwalk and run speed, Uthrow knockback and throw FAF in 1.1.0 Wii U. Will edit this post with results.

Uthrow: KO lightning on uthrow appears with Mario on FD at 167%. (Mario set to Control for no DI).

Powerwalk:
About 134 frames to cross BF

Run: About 112 frames to cross BF

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So after the first hit on shield, can the second hit of Fsmash hit while the opponent is still in shield stun? Could mean that Fsmash breaks shields now, kinda.
Not even close.

Checked the same for both hits of Fair, Jab 1 to Jab 2, both hits of Bair, and consecutive hits of aerial Up-B, and they don't lock people in shield either.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Not even close.

Checked the same for both hits of Fair, Jab 1 to Jab 2, both hits of Bair, and consecutive hits of aerial Up-B, and they don't lock people in shield either.
That includes the tipered first hit of Fsmash, correct (probably)? Just making sure. I saw someone from the official patch thread saying Pit's Fsmash an Usmash keeps people in shield, thought maybe Link would have something similar. Oh well.

Damn it, Link can never get in on the good stuff. Ugh.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Top Bottom