• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.1

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Samus Vs Mario is really fun imo, but cape and frame data and air speed make it definitely not in our favour

Wald0

Smash Cadet
NNID
waldofindsyou
What to do with a good Zelda? She always seems to get me every time I play her. Her nair is great since it can spike on 2 or third hit her reflector stays out for longer than you'd think and her teleport has invisible hitboxes. Am I missing some easy solution to beat her or what?

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
What to do with a good Zelda? She always seems to get me every time I play her. Her nair is great since it can spike on 2 or third hit her reflector stays out for longer than you'd think and her teleport has invisible hitboxes. Am I missing some easy solution to beat her or what?
Zair pretty much beats Zelda. She has bad mobility so we can wall her out pretty easily. Nayru's end lag is really hard to punish with CS, it's possible, but sometimes it's better to go for a grab since it's safer.

Scream

Smash Apprentice
I'm a pretty good player, so I'm honestly cringing to know what I don't know. My MU knowledge is near opposite of yours.
What exactly do you mean by "pretty good player" and why do you feel the need to state such a thing?

Mario is one of our hardest MU's there is no denying it. If you think otherwise please educate me on how to deal with him or refer me to a place where you did.

Getting rid of Luma is key to the Rosaluma MU and i do it mostly with Uptilt. Then continue to pressure safely and push her into a corner.
One read is all it takes to ged rid of her.
As a plus RaR bair, Nair OoS and Upsmash all hit her standing.

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
What exactly do you mean by "pretty good player" and why do you feel the need to state such a thing?

Mario is one of our hardest MU's there is no denying it. If you think otherwise please educate me on how to deal with him or refer me to a place where you did.

Getting rid of Luma is key to the Rosaluma MU and i do it mostly with Uptilt. Then continue to pressure safely and push her into a corner.
One read is all it takes to ged rid of her.
As a plus RaR bair, Nair OoS and Upsmash all hit her standing.
Any ideal stages to bring her or keep away from? My monthly has a really good Rosa player... I 3-0 him in Losers finals but it took aaaalot of work haha. We played Smashville, Delfino and BF, was thinking maybe my lack of stage knowledge allowed the games to take longer.

*edit* oh crud I thought it was Matchup Thread, my bad*

Last edited:

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Don't take her to low ceiling stages like Halberd, Dreamland, T&C or Delfino if you can due to the insane base knockback on Luma. Opposite is true, stages like battlefield, duck hunt might prove beneficial

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Don't take her to low ceiling stages like Halberd, Dreamland, T&C or Delfino if you can due to the insane base knockback on Luma. Opposite is true, stages like battlefield, duck hunt might prove beneficial
Thanks! I'll be sure to strike Delfino & Halberd against him at all times

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
She has no answer for zair at all, like Vyrnx Vyrnx said. Her dash attack is lame, side b get her charge shotted. Just be patient, make her approach, punish her lag.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Thanks! I'll be sure to strike Delfino & Halberd against him at all times
I two stocked a Rosa by just waiting for her to get on the Halberd platform so I could carry her up to her doom. I told him to stop picking stupid stages like that. All my friends frankly agree that Delfino, Halberd, Castle are not fair stages at all. Pick that Lylat Cruise if you wanna counter Samus/ZSS.

And against Rosalina, pick the biggest stages possible. It's like lockdown on tiny stages like Battlefield and Smashville. Major advantage to Rosalina. Go Omega forms if you can (the actual fair stages).

Last edited:

Annihilat®

Smash Journeyman
^ And now look at what stage is banned. I've been waiting for those stupid stages to get cut.

Top Bottom