• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.0.8 changes

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
So far i haven't found anything, post here if you found any nerfs/buffs/whatever.
EDIT: No flame choke follow ups on Ryu & Roy, Lucas D-tilt & F-tilt.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
No follow up on on Roy was a given, but none on Ryu is unfortunate. I'll look for other patches.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
So I boot up smash this morning and go to test Ganon for updates. Ganon's Dair seems faster I said, it never used to combo into Fair I said.

Then I realized I was still using 1.07.

Remember kids: placebo is a hell of a drug.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So I boot up smash this morning and go to test Ganon for updates. Ganon's Dair seems faster I said, it never used to combo into Fair I said.

Then I realized I was still using 1.07.

Remember kids: placebo is a hell of a drug.
Ganon could do that before?

Arrei

Smash Lord
That's the landing lag cancel, sounds like. With the high hitstun on Dair Ganon can do some terrifying things if he pulls that off.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Ooh, I just thought of something to check that I can't check right now.

Can someone test Ganon's d-smash and see if both hits always connect now? Sometimes, the opponent gets knocked away on the first hit, so the second hit doesn't connect.

Panchito

Smash Rookie
NNID
PanCat
3DS FC
4768-7623-9286
Been playing with Ganondorf after messing around with the newcomers.
Doesn't seem to be any change in the patch. Customs seem untouched as well.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Ooh, I just thought of something to check that I can't check right now.

Can someone test Ganon's d-smash and see if both hits always connect now? Sometimes, the opponent gets knocked away on the first hit, so the second hit doesn't connect.
Testing on Mario, I reproduced the knock-away behavior by landing Dsmash in very close range as he fell down from the air, so that can still happen. Landing Dsmash from farther away in the same manner properly knocks him behind Ganon, but he doesn't fall quick enough to get hit by the second kick. This happens even if Dsmash is charged.

This looks like it exclusively happens if you only just barely nick the opponent as he descends or you land Dsmash when the opponent is basically inside Ganondorf's body. Using Uthrow on Mario so he goes directly above Ganon then unleashing Dsmash when he falls into me made it happen even if I waited for a clean hit.

Last edited:

PRGN

Smash Cadet
NNID
パラゴン
3DS FC
1891-1272-1580
Didn't experience alot of difference. However, i do have the feeling that his ledge grab range has been buffed.
His u-air hitbox feels as if it has been slightly increased. If not true, then let the placebo bring Ganon to the top!

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Didn't experience alot of difference. However, i do have the feeling that his ledge grab range has been buffed.
His u-air hitbox feels as if it has been slightly increased. If not true, then let the placebo bring Ganon to the top!
I find it hard to believe his ledge grab range has been buffed. It was already insane. If only he could grab other people as well as he could grab the ledge.

Up-air is probably placebo as well.

Super_Smasher6

Smash Cadet
i'm under the impression that U-air's hitbox has been increased too (seems easier to do a tippman uair) but other than that haven't find anything else...

I really hope they buff Down smash one day and add FULL super armor during warlock punch, i swear as it is now it NEVER work for me... in fact i have a question about that, does even super armor work if you use WP in the air?

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
I don't know the exact frames, but lets suppose Armor kicks in around frame 8
if you start WP in the air, but you manage to touch the ground before frame 8, you'll get the armor. Otherwise, nothing.

A Distracting Box

Smash Rookie
Been messing around with Ganon in training mode for a bit here. I noticed that the range for the vacuum pull on his u-tilt may have been extended, but I can't be certain. Can anyone confirm this?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Been messing around with Ganon in training mode for a bit here. I noticed that the range for the vacuum pull on his u-tilt may have been extended, but I can't be certain. Can anyone confirm this?
Sucks in about 2 full Bowser's away. Dunno if this means anything. Probably not.

Godman

Smash Rookie
This is probably super placebo here but it feels like his jab was sped up.

also does his up b (grabbing part) sound louder to anyone else?

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
That's the landing lag cancel, sounds like. With the high hitstun on Dair Ganon can do some terrifying things if he pulls that off.
You don't need to hit lag cancel to combo into Fair. Ganon can probably combo into every single move except WP and U-tilt off a hit lag cancel since Dair has so much hitlag.

Thusofar no obvious changes. Jab is still frame 8 (tested using Mario and Ganon's grabs, F6 and F7), hit boxes are their usual meaty selves, Dark Dive is unchanged, damage is all the same. I doubt we got any buffs frame wise.

Worth noting that while a lot of characters lost ledge techs, Wizkick cancel is still in.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
You don't need to hit lag cancel to combo into Fair. Ganon can probably combo into every single move except WP and U-tilt off a hit lag cancel since Dair has so much hitlag.
Oh, silly me, I misread the first post as Ftilt.

Super_Smasher6

Smash Cadet
after playing a few hours online i didnt notice any change exept that U-air really does seems to have a bigger hitbox

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i'm under the impression that U-air's hitbox has been increased too (seems easier to do a tippman uair) but other than that haven't find anything else...

I really hope they buff Down smash one day and add FULL super armor during warlock punch, i swear as it is now it NEVER work for me... in fact i have a question about that, does even super armor work if you use WP in the air?
Only normal warlock punch on the ground has super armour.
Not reverse or any sort in the air reverse or normal.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So no changes then..
A grab range or speed buff
Would be the biggest buff for ganon.
Or like DAir having abit less end lag lol.
UpB needs to kill though

GubgubJubjub

Smash Rookie
Question about Ganondorf: I've played him for fun when I want to pound someone's face in and I can't believe I've never noticed this before. But, has Ganondorf's up-tilt always been able to suck people in? I did an up-tilt against a Ryu and he started getting sucked in.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
Question about Ganondorf: I've played him for fun when I want to pound someone's face in and I can't believe I've never noticed this before. But, has Ganondorf's up-tilt always been able to suck people in? I did an up-tilt against a Ryu and he started getting sucked in.
Yep, it's always had vacuum properties.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So Charizard and Falco got some sweet buffs, but Ganon didn't (?)
Hmm...

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I was really hoping for a damage buff for his Up B, as it is extremely weak to look so powerful... oh well.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Guys! I just arrived home from work, played a cuple matches. One of them was Vs another Ganon.
I have to leave home now so I don't have time to test this myself, but... I think Ganon might have gotten some Shield Damage Buffs!
Can somebody test this out?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Guys! I just arrived home from work, played a cuple matches. One of them was Vs another Ganon.
I have to leave home now so I don't have time to test this myself, but... I think Ganon might have gotten some Shield Damage Buffs!
According to RAW FILE DATA compiled by @Thinkaman we don't seem to have any changes.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Thinkaman said that not everything is shown in his compilation, but I don't think Ganon received any kind of change anyway.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You sure the Ganon didn't suck and just eat your attacks? Pretty sure Ganon didn't get anything period. All shield damage from attacks seems the same to me.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It was my shield that got destroyed two times in that same game.
I don't remember by what attacks, but it didn't feel right.
Maybe it was only because I was in a hurry to head over to my friends place - I dunno.

Imma try it out with a friend and see if I kind any changes, or if it was only my imagination.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'm not so sure, but throwing my cents out there, my Ganon's forward smash ate around 3/4 of a villager's shield.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I tried out Shield Damage with a friend, and I didn't notice anything different (I think).

Top Bottom