• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pastel Joy-Cons available June 30th

pastelcons.jpg

Nintendo has announced that the Joy-cons will be receiving four new colors: Pastel versions of Purple, Green, Punk and Yellow. These new colors will launch on June 30th. You can check out the full announcement below:

No additional information has been revealed, so we don't know which combinations they will be available in. Based on the image, the Purple (left) and Green (right) Joy-Con will go together, while the Pink (left) and Yellow (right) Joy-Con will be the second pair.

Pastel Joy-Cons will be available on June 30th. Joy-Cons retail at $79.99. June 30th will also be the release of Everybody 1-2 Switch!

Author's Note: New Joy-Con Combinations. Yay! Any thoughts? Let us know in the comments.

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I'm gonna be real, I feel like stuff like this is kind of a perfect representation of why Joy-Cons are just... kind of ech. Packed with technology, generally appealing feel, similar sort of concept to a Wiimote, literally designed for you to want multiple - works well in theory.

I think that, aside from the obvious problem in the room (which is making me uncontrollably walk to the right ahah), the Joy-Cons' prices are way too high to really justify """collecting""" them or whatever, and even as controllers their ergonomics are like middling at best.

Maybe it's just me, but I... lowkey don't get the appeal. That said, the colours are nice :)

I miss the times of the Gamecube and Wii when Nintendo's controllers were relatively cheap and were far more durable and long lasting.

Top Bottom