• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parallel Falchion - Lucina General and Q/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
@ Saki- Saki- if you don't have the game for Wii U then it's a great deal. If not it is kind off expensive in my opinion.
Certainly, which is why I'm really considering waiting to see if the last preorder deal to be announced will be just GC adapters. :'D I'm not a very lucky person though so I may just bite the bullet. Though it will slow down my other plans like getting a nice frame refresh hdtv and a stream set up. Can't get better as a player without being able to see my losses lol

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Hey @ Stoven Stoven ! First of all, welcome to Smashboards! I moved your thread here to the Lucina General and Q/A thread. This threads purpose is to talk about Lucina in Smash and Smash in general, while also functioning as our question and answer thread. For questions such as yours, please use this thread if you need to ask them and someone will be able to help you out.
Thank you for that guide you sent me! It really help A TON! BTW i do have the wii u version (and 3ds)
Is there any good custom move's for lucina?

Last edited by a moderator:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Thank you for that guide you sent me! It really help A TON! BTW i do have the wii u version (and 3ds)
Is there any good custom move's for lucina?
Hey there. @ Stoven Stoven I would first like to let you know that double posting is against the rules of Smashboards. In your case, you triple posted which is worse! Anyways, be wary about this. Next time Ill have to take action. I merged your posts into one.

Anyways, answering your question, Lucina does have good special moves but they all depend on your play style. I for one love Dash Assault and Iaia Counter.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Hey there. @ Stoven Stoven I would first like to let you know that double posting is against the rules of Smashboards. In your case, you triple posted which is worse! Anyways, be wary about this. Next time Ill have to take action. I merged your posts into one.

Anyways, answering your question, Lucina does have good special moves but they all depend on your play style. I for one love Dash Assault and Iaia Counter.
Sorry about that..... For some odd reason but, everytime i try to post a comment/reply it says error. Sorry tho

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
No need to apologize @ Stoven Stoven . I could tell there was something going on when you posted. Its very rare to see someone triple post intentionally.

Anyways, regarding the custom moves for Lucina, have you tried any of them yet?

Last edited:

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
No need to apologize @ Stoven Stoven . I could tell there was something going on when you posted. Its very rare to see someone triple post intentionally.

Anyways, regarding the custom moves for Lucina, have you tried any of them yet?
Nope! I have all of them on the 3DS, but not on Wii U. I will try once i get some!

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I do believe there was one discussion regarding customs, but
Is Lucina a viable character and what tier does she look like she'll be?
Firstly dude, if she's fun to you, use her. Don't rely on her tier placement ^^"

Ok, now personal opinion aside, by the 1.04 Japanese tier list, she is next to bottom (with Marth only a few places above her, but also bottom tier). This may also be due to a lack of Marth/Lucina representation on that end, but who knows? America side tier list wise, I don't believe there is a set tier list yet. People are still discussing and debating it, so hard to say.

In terms of viability, I am assuming you mean tournament wise. By the numbers, she is decent and can do pretty good work in the right hands. I won't compare her to Marth since you only asked about Lucina, but there are threads for that which have gone full circle. So please do not ask about it, read what is there (particularly Shaya's post on their differences), and decide for yourself.

I'll stress one more time that if Lucina is fun for you, use her. No matter her tier placement, even with the odds stacked against you if ever, you can make her work if you learn how to use her well.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Soon needs to be sooner. I'll be joining you guys on the 2nd after I receive my shipment. Watching videos though productive leaves me too hungry for smash. We need more Lucina videos....especially some Vs Sheik. I can't seem to play out a winning scenario in my head at all

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Any day now, Tsusaki. I'm back from Gudalajara and any day now I can get my long due gift, so I can join you all.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
especially some Vs Sheik. I can't seem to play out a winning scenario in my head at all
That match-up is quite literally do not get hit by Fair, also do not be sent off stage, she can gimp Marth/Lucina pretty easily. I'm usually a sad panda once I'm sent off stage by Shiek.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Uncle finally brought this in for me after holding on to it for a few months for repairs. It'll prove quite useful since I'm not subject to the quality of a camcorder. It's also what I used on my old channel.

So, HD Lucina gameplay to come soon! :happysheep:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I need one now! When I get back to Texas I'll probably get my own capture card too. I need to record my matches. I'm sure it will help you guys learn from my mistakes as well and I make a lot of mistakes.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I'll probably save up for one once I have a job xD Till then, I'll just keep practicing and possibly work with people who do have capture cards to get some footage.

I need one now! When I get back to Texas I'll probably get my own capture card too. I need to record my matches. I'm sure it will help you guys learn from my mistakes as well and I make a lot of mistakes.
You're not the only one that makes a lot of mistakes, trust me xD

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A good capcard will probably go over $150. The one I use I got for under $150 bucks accounting for currency conversion in Mexico. It's useful for me because I like the idea of not having a complex laptop setup to record when I can just record directly to an SD card and upload the footage.

Of course, if you're willing to use such a setup, there are things like the Elgato and the Hauppage.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
That match-up is quite literally do not get hit by Fair, also do not be sent off stage, she can gimp Marth/Lucina pretty easily. I'm usually a sad panda once I'm sent off stage by Shiek.
Feeling like being in shield would also be a bad thing to do in this mu after reading debates. The perfect game of spacing while utilizing counters and utilts or something lol.

If we all are doing capture cards and uploads then I'm sure it'll be a productive year of critiques and matchup sharing :'D

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Feeling like being in shield would also be a bad thing to do in this mu after reading debates. The perfect game of spacing while utilizing counters and utilts or something lol.
She can pressure shields really well with her moves. She's a great character really.
If we all are doing capture cards and uploads then I'm sure it'll be a productive year of critiques and matchup sharing :'D
Definitely. It will all depend if I can get the card though. I'm currently stuck on amiibo fever D:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Oh, RIP funds. We haven't reached the Lucina/Robin wave yet : (
Don't remind me, I'm probably buying 2 of each of those so I can train them.
Have you guys made a catchphrase for Lucina yet?
Something similar to "Roy's our boy!"
Not really. Melee basically fostered Roy's own catchphrase. Any ideas?
Of course, if you're willing to use such a setup, there are things like the Elgato and the Hauppage.
I was thinking of Elgato. Although I will have to wait a while to buy one. I would also have to switch the location of where my internet modem is. My computer and Wii U setup are in completely different places. That would mean calling the ISP etc. I'll get it done though. But after that it's Smash 4 streaming time!

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
I do believe there was one discussion regarding customs, but

Firstly dude, if she's fun to you, use her. Don't rely on her tier placement ^^"

Ok, now personal opinion aside, by the 1.04 Japanese tier list, she is next to bottom (with Marth only a few places above her, but also bottom tier). This may also be due to a lack of Marth/Lucina representation on that end, but who knows? America side tier list wise, I don't believe there is a set tier list yet. People are still discussing and debating it, so hard to say.

In terms of viability, I am assuming you mean tournament wise. By the numbers, she is decent and can do pretty good work in the right hands. I won't compare her to Marth since you only asked about Lucina, but there are threads for that which have gone full circle. So please do not ask about it, read what is there (particularly Shaya's post on their differences), and decide for yourself.

I'll stress one more time that if Lucina is fun for you, use her. No matter her tier placement, even with the odds stacked against you if ever, you can make her work if you learn how to use her well.
Haha I'm never gonna drop her but r I was wonder since the Japanese have her wa at the bottom

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Keep in mind that it was largely based from a 3DS point of view and while there are plans to have an American one made after Apex Id give it about a year before results from characters become consistent enough to follow a tier list. I remember a time when people thought Snake was low tier in Brawl before bumping him up to top.

I don't feel Lucina is terrible but as of now I wouldn't really see her being in the pool with Sheik, Diddy, Rosa and friends.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lucina won't rank with said characters mainly because Marth was also nerfed. And Lucina has no distinct, tourney proven advantages over Marth.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Keep in mind that it was largely based from a 3DS point of view and while there are plans to have an American one made after Apex Id give it about a year before results from characters become consistent enough to follow a tier list. I remember a time when people thought Snake was low tier in Brawl before bumping him up to top.

I don't feel Lucina is terrible but as of now I wouldn't really see her being in the pool with Sheik, Diddy, Rosa and friends.
While she is being thrown in the bottom right now by some, I certainly do not think that is the case. She has her tools that will make her be a bit higher than that. For now though I don't see her higher than mid. Low-mid would be something I can see her being in at present time.
Lucina has no distinct, tourney proven advantages over Marth.
:(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know it's sad, but there is also a layer of reality to be seen when choosing mains in fighting games and their respective tiers, or your reasons for doing so.

Wesker, Doctor Doom and Dormammu are high tier in Marvel, but I like them because they are there, not because of tiers.

Radec is low tier in (God forbid) PSASBR, but I liked him as a character and his play style.

Ares is low mid tier in Injustice last I checked, but I like his play style.

And of course, Lucina is very likely to be between low and mid tier in Sm4sh, but I could give less than a damn about that because I like her as a character, she's fun to play, and despite my predominant playstyle being zoning, my patience translates well into using her, a rushdown based character, for me.

Just how I've been across games.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
That's pretty much how I play Smash nowadays. I'm dedicated to playing Lucina/Marth and Robin. On the other hand, I loved MK in Brawl so I ended up using him as my main.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Honestly, Marth's cut is pretty cute. You know... with the tiara and all.

Lucina looks like she has a mop on her head... Sorry...

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm confused, what's going on. Those avatars, can't unsee hilarious though. Smash Lucina has a mop on her head?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Me and my brother used to always call Marth "Martha". while he hated it, I still do. He looks so feminine, LOL.

BuT then Lucina came on the scene... He's more waifu than Lucina still though.

OMFQ that mopcina I'm dying!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom