• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Paper Mario series - Vote more than once! Whoever doesn't vote for Vivian gets banned

Who's your favorite companion? :D

• Total voters

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Retired? How old is Mario, exactly, anyway?
Yes, retired. When is he actually plumbing anyway? its all parties, go karts, tennis, and rescue missions for him! :laugh:

I just liked having the freedom to name him how you please! and he runs really fast even though hes a wee little baby...

he exploits just about all of his partners in some way o_o

Juri

Smash Cadet
I'd have to say Vivian she's always been my favorite.

I love the Paper Mario series, imo one of the best RPGs of all time.
Although I don't really like the gameplay turn of Super Paper Mario, I hope they go back to the original formula for the next game.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Ohey.
SO, the pics for Paper Mario DS showed the old RPG-style of it, not that new crap they tried in SPM? Thank god.
I am also liking how it looks. Sexy.
And that Chomp standing next to Mario must mean something...
My favorites were Watt and Bobbery.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Doing important things, like preparing for 2012.
Well, if you saw Microsoft's conference, you'd be prepared for 2012 come early: the Kinect

This new Paper Mario game had better allow you to use Luigi as a partner. I mean, if he did it in Superstar Saga, why can't he do it in Paper Mario?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Doing important things, like preparing for 2012.
I'd argue that soaking in all the Nintendo ******ery from E3 is way more important than preparing for something which won't happen. Ya dig?

Besides, we all know that if the world is to end in the near future, it's because of the oil spill, not because of some silly legend. :p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This new Paper Mario game had better allow you to use Luigi as a partner. I mean, if he did it in Superstar Saga, why can't he do it in Paper Mario?
Then the game would be too similar to Mario & Luigi series. =P

If Mr. L makes an epic comeback, Luigi might be playable. XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Then the game would be too similar to Mario & Luigi series. =P

If Mr. L makes an epic comeback, Luigi might be playable. XD
Ok, how bout having Bowser or Peach on your team then?

And if you have Luigi on your team, it necessarily doesn't have to work like M&L. You don't have to get Luigi on your shoulders or anything, just have him as a partner.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ok, how bout having Bowser or Peach on your team then?

And if you have Luigi on your team, it necessarily doesn't have to work like M&L. You don't have to get Luigi on your shoulders or anything, just have him as a partner.
That would depend on the story since Bowser hates Mario so much. I have mix feelings if Luigi were to be a partner since he does almost the same thing as Mario just that he's the other guy. XD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It would work but that just takes away from the whole partner aspect of the series. Luigi would pretty much function almost exactly as Mario does, whereas all previous partners are something unique to themselves.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It would work but that just takes away from the whole partner aspect of the series. Luigi would pretty much function almost exactly as Mario does, whereas all previous partners are something unique to themselves.
Not true. Luigi could have some mega awesome ability. For example, he could freeze all enemies on screen and in battle for a couple of seconds/turn/turns similar to his final smash in brawl

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not true. Luigi could have some mega awesome ability. For example, he could freeze all enemies on screen and in battle for a couple of seconds/turn/turns similar to his final smash in brawl
And that makes him outclass Mario in every possible way. Partners may have great attacks (such as Bobbery's Bomb Blast) but they're not overpowered...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
And that makes him outclass Mario in every possible way. Partners may have great attacks (such as Bobbery's Bomb Blast) but they're not overpowered...
This is Luigi we're talking about. He basically outclasses Mario in every way besides traction anyways

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'd argue that soaking in all the Nintendo ******ery from E3 is way more important than preparing for something which won't happen. Ya dig?

Besides, we all know that if the world is to end in the near future, it's because of the oil spill, not because of some silly legend. :p
That was a joke. -_-

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
it would be pretty cool to have luigi as a legit partner. Poor guy always gets the shaft.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm surprised they didn't have a Luigi's Mansion 2 yet for the Wii. Seems perfect for the console.

T-block

B2B TST
Nintendo stole E3 for sure.

I actually don't see a LM2 happening... seems more like one of those one-time "hey this is a neat idea" games, rather than one that would get a sequel. Kind of like how there wasn't a Sunshine 2.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have only played PMTYD, so i can only go with those companions, but Admrial Bombery was the best, bombs and more bombs to aid in battle

Vivian isn't useless against the final boss. In fact, she's the best thing ever.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Bobbery can't quite be unique in character because Bombette existed. Flurrie and Ms. Mowz would be most unique in terms of, well, everything.

UberMario

Smash Master
Anyone else notice the Mario Kart 64 reference in the original Paper Mario?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think he means Luigi's diary. Luigi references Mario Golf and Mario Party in the diary as well.

IIRC, Luigi also hinted at the still-in-development Luigi's Mansion in one of his final diary entries. It's plausible, since Paper Mario was one of the last N64 games, and LM was a Gamecube launch title.

Top Bottom