• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle FightFest: Welcome 2 Tallaneto (SSF4/MVC3/BBCS/SSBB)

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Panhandle Fightfest: Welcome to Tallaneto
Panhandle Fight Fest: Welcome 2 Tallaneto

April 16th, 2011

Address:
Gamescape
2415 N Monroe St, Suite 303
Tallahassee, FL

Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=101068789976070

Tentative Schedule of Events:

THIS IS A ONE DAY EVENT, PLEASE PLAN TO BE HERE ALL DAY.

10:00 AM Venue Opens, Sign-ups Begin!
12:00 PM Super Smash Bros Brawl
1:00 PM Tekken 6
1:00 PM Blazblue: Continuum Shift
3:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV
4:00 PM Marvel Vs Capcom 3

This is an ALL Day Event, There will be no refunds for tournament entry fees unless for extreme emergency, so please plan to be here all day, as all times are somewhat estimated.

Here is Contact Information should you have any questions:

Drew Roberts(3S) (386)847-2728

PLEASE RSVP IF YOU CAN SO WE KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT!!!!! HOWEVER IT MUST BE A SURE THING, NO MAYBEs! A RESERVE LIST WILL FOLLOW THIS POST
FOOD AND EATING!!!!!!!!!
There is a food court across from the venu in the Mall, I would like to remind everyone that you MUST eat in the food court as the venue does not allow inside food in
Here is the Price List for all of the Events taking Place on this day!

Door fee: $5 dollars

Blazblue Continuum Shift: $10 entry fee
Tekken 6: $5 Entry Fee
Super Street Fighter IV :$10 Entry Fee
Marvel Vs Capcom 3: $10 Entry Fee
Super Smash Bros Brawl: $10 Entry Fee

Bring a TV get 50% off door fee
Bring a system get 50% off door fee
Bring more than 1 system it wont matter you'll only get money off of door fee
Bringing Just a copy of the game will get you nothing.

This is also on a first come first serve basis, if we get enough setups before you arrive, we will not be accepting extra setups for discount.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU BRING A SETUP FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3, BLAZBLUE CS, SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV, OR TEKKEN 6, THE SETUP MUST BE COMPLETE, THIS INCLUDES DLC CHARACTERS AND ALL PATCHES THE GAME MAY HAVE RECEIVED. THIS WILL BE CHECKED IMMEDIATELY ONCE YOU BRING YOUR SETUP SO PLEASE BE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK YOUR GAMES!

The pot for Singles Tournament will be divided like this:

If 12 people or under: (100% of the total pot will be used for the players!)
1st: 80% of the total pot
2nd: 20% of the total pot

If tourney attendance has more than 12 people people: (100% of the total pot will be used for the players!)
1st: 65% of the total pot
2nd: 25% of the total pot
3rd: 10% of the total pot

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at my phone number listed above or pm me, or post in his thread as I will be checking daily! Hope to see you guys there, its gonna be a total blast!

RULES FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL EVENT

Super Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360) $10 Entry Fee:
• Double Elim, 99 Second Timer, Best 2/3 Matches, Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3/5
• Winner keeps same character between games, but may change ultras
• Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage
• All characters are tournament legal

Tekken 6 (PS3) $5 Entry :
• Double Elim, 99 Second Timer, Best 2/3 Matches, Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3/5
• Winner keeps same character between games
• Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage
• No customization allowed during tournament matches
• All characters are tournament legal

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3) $10 entry:
• Winner keeps same character between games
• Random stage/theme selection unless both players agree on a stage/theme
• No unlimited characters or Nu/V-13

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360) $10 entry:
• Winner keeps same team
• Default button mappings
• Default Damage
• The Zero "Happy Meal
• Float Glitch is Banned

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Rules (Singles)

General rules
3 stock
7 minutes
No items
Damage Ratio: 1.0
No handicap
Self destruct: -1

•If you are more than 7 minutes late for your match, you will forfeit the set, please try to remain close to the venue during tournament operation
•Custom Controls will be allowed, Provided that you show up early enough to set them up and it comes at a first come, first serve basis

Match Schedule
•Rounds will consist 2/3 matches in a double elimination bracket
•BEFORE the 1st match of the round BEGINS, both players will ban a stage for the remainder for the round to be selected as a counter pick.
•Stages for the first round will be done by random from the legal neutral stages
•Once a loser has been decided from the first round, counter-picking comes into effect
•If the loser of the 1st match wins the 2nd match, then the 3rd match will proceed the same way, except for the declaration of the banned stage.
•Once the Stages have been picked, the winner will pick a new character or stick with their current character, the loser will then pick their character
•Should there be a 3rd match in the set, the same procedure will follow suit
•The final rounds of loser's winner's and Grand will consist of 3/5 matches

Character Rules
•All characters are available for selection and players are free to choose who ever they want, if there is a problem when picking characters, players can call a judge for a double blind pick

Special and Specific Rulings
•Standing and Walking Infinites are banned
•Dave’s stupid rule: you cannot counter pick a stage you have previously had a victory on in the set
•Sudden Death no longer applies, should a match run out of time, the player with the lowest percent wins the round.
•Meta Knight’s infinite Cape can be used unless for the purposes of stalling, i.e more than 5 seconds
•Anti-Planking Rule - If you have more than 70 ledge grabs at the end of the match, you have forfeit your win for that match
•Above all else, if both players come to a consensus about something, than that overrides any rule written.
•Any methods of excessive stalling will result in an immediate disqualification
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.

* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.

* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. The opposing party has EVERY RIGHT TO CALL A JUDGE TO DQ YOU FOR PAUSING MID MATCH TO FIX THIS. I recommend x+y+starting before each match.

* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. We do not care what the reasoning is. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* If there is an action that causes a freeze that doesn't require a game reset, you must hit that player out of stun immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the team that initiated the freeze glitch. (See the diddy teams freeze glitch as an example)

* Matches and Pools will be called. Do not play matches on your own. If players play a match out of order in the tournament bracket, Both players will be disqualified and the person that was skipped over will advance past both of them.

* Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first. If the game reports sudden death, please refer to sudden death procedures (see below.)

* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

* There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 50 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 50 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

* There will be a combined 110 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 110 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both teams have over 110 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Wii Hack Rules: Wii hacks are banned, with the exception of:

1. Infinite Replay
2. Character Texture Hacks(Not including laser colors) Where team colors match
3. Music Hacks

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

*Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries. If we find your wiimote has interrupted or impededed a tourney set, you will be disqualified from the event.

*If you're DQ'd from a match you will lose the set you were playing

Stage Lists

•Legal Neutral stages are as follows and are to be used on random:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi’s island (Brawl Version)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

•Legal Counterpick stages are as follows:
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

B_AWAL

Smash Master
We are gonna have monthlies for the venue

Basically we HAVE to have 1 tourney a month so Imma make another 1 in May that'll be big again

Aside from that Imma still try and get every1 that I can to come to this cause it will STILL be HYPE!!!

& Masky if you come to this can you give me a ride cuz I have a gig in Gville the night before

We also still gotta do that crew battle lol

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
C'mon y'all know i run a good tournament, not to mention this has been in plans for a month can't reschedule now

Zone

Smash Champion
This is the same date as RAGE, sorry awal i won't be coming.

Also awal, you should never invite me to a tournament that has no Melee lol

Now if there were a StarCraft2 tournament.... Oh i'd be down.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
That's not how tournies work you can't just schedule over other stuff and say "Come to mine."

If you really did make this "months in advance" idk why you just chose now to announce it, I say just change the date, do it big or don't do it at all
im not saying don't go to other tournaments, skaterbaj lives like 2 hours away, so i suggested he come here.

if you can't come or have planned to go to another tournament, then its cool. we'll just hit you up at the next tourney!

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
Rescheduling an event isn't that simple, especially since they are running tournaments for multiple games now. No matter what they do they are going to step on SOMEBODY'S shoes.

The next week is CEO: calm before the storm. That means if they reschedule for this community the Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel communities won't get decent competition. Nobody wins this month.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
1.) We are going to have another tournament in MAY
2.) Notice that this tourney was made with intentions of catering towards other communities
3.) We will have a bigger BRAWL turnout at the next tourney
4.) Although this tourney will still be epic so if you can come then come
5.) THIS IS A BRAWL THREAD so OF COURSE THE BRAWLERS ARE GONNA WANT IT RESCHEDULED FOR A BETTER BRAWL TURNOUT... SMH

:sonic:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So no rescheduling? :(

Oh well, guess I won't be going to this one.

I still haven't heard a valid reason from the to himself, btw. If the gamescape owners are just buttholes about dates, that's fine, but I'd like to hear it from Soma.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yeah see there's just a mixup between the venue and our crew

I'm the head of the Brawl/Melee scene and Soma is in charge of the SF4/MVC3 scene so we basically switch every month to cater towards each community if there is a conflict of interest

I myself knew this date would be BAD 4 Brawl and Melee but GOOD 4 SF4 and MVC3 due to a Brawl tourney in AL and in SFL

However for Brawl we can STILL get NFL and GA crowds easily...

We can get a large amount of HYPE 4 this 4 Brawl but it'll be within the NFL and GA region which would STILL be very fun in the long run

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
AWAL said:
Yeah see there's just a mixup between the venue and our crew

I'm the head of the Brawl/Melee scene and Soma is in charge of the SF4/MVC3 scene so we basically switch every month to cater towards each community if there is a conflict of interest
What was the mixup?

Drew chose the date along with some FAMU people. They run a tournament business and wanted to collaborate with Drew and they decided the date.

You all are invited to come, I love your faces. I'd like to see you guys show for this. If you'd rather go to other tournaments because they are more convenient/have a better head count I cannot blame you. Hell, if this were rescheduled for the week after I'd be going to CEO, as well as Drew and the rest of Tallahassee.

Long story short: Stop making things up, Nick.

Edit: Love you Nick <3

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Klavaric - Quit while your ahead... You know NOTHING of how everything is going on & your not a TO (Which was your decision) so stop talking about things over your head

edit: Love you 2 Mike <33333

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Not my fault YOUR 2 slow :sonic:

This is chess NOT checkers bud <3 I'm gonna find a way 2 **** u in mvc3 1 day I'm tired of renting ***** 4 u 2 have fun wit...

Top Bottom