• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's Army: Pit Players Unite!

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Tikun: Black Pit

AT's:
Pivot Grab
Glide Shifting
Wing Stall
Wing Refresh
Glide Shift

Overall Strategy:
It all depends of your enemy.
Starting the game you should always be aware your your % and trying to get either confidence on the match and be ahead of all %. That should be perfect situations for you to win a game.
@Mid % pit game style is always to camp out and try to show your opponent that you can reach him wherever he is. Using arrows perfectly (wthout arrow loopings) you can pressure your enemy and bringing the combat to a closer one.
Keep your bair fresh to kill your enemies. And for that you have to predict them. NOT GUESSING! PREDICT! read your enemy and know where he will fail and be prepared to bair, fsmash or gimp him with whatever you want.

Secondaries:
Meta Knight (you should know play well with your worst matchup)
Peach
Ness
Ike

Match Ups:
Best: Falco
Worst: Kirby, Snake

Stages:
Best: Battle Field, Halberd, and Final Destination
Worst: Pokemon Stadium 1

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
@__@
Someone put a video with my Pit in it on YouTube... Never thought that would happen.

I have some replays that better show my style, but I have no way of putting them on the net. And, since the only way I can play other people is on Wi-Fi, it might not be that good, but I wouldn't mind putting them up. But, as I said, I have no way of putting it on the net. So, unless someone would volunteer to post it on here, I'm out of luck.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Well I have some recent vids of me vs. my boyfriend uhh Nick Riddle =/ theres like 1 vid where i beat him :D soo ill put it up asap and link you guys ^^

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
lmfao no why would he go easy on me? hahah nah ive just been going out with him for 3 yrs and a ton of months and i always watch him play and i know what he thinks soooo i can read him rlly well :D he still cant read me ^_^

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Updates are once again done. Also i'm attempting to get a newer replay recorded.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
UndrDog(Undr): White

AT's:
UndrComboes
Arrow Looping
Arrow Swarming
Arrow Raining
Arrow Layerling
Angelic Stepping (This isn't the same thing as Pivot Boosting people...)

Wing Shoving
Pivot Landing
Wing Refresh
Wing Stall
WoI Gimping
Glide Shift
Mirror Shield Gimping

Overall Strategy:
Frustration, Humiliation, Confusion, Manipulation
-
Play to win the game. I tend to frustrate new opponents with arrows
from mid to far range until they get the timing down. At which point I add slight curves to the arrow's trajectories to throw off their timing again. If the opponent hasn't figured this out in a timely fashion I tend to screw around with them as much as I can afford because it this point the skill difference is clear. However this usually isn't the case as more and more players are becoming more attentive to their spacing and options.

I tend to launch all out physical attacks in bursts and never for long. If I can see an opening I seize it, do the damage, and retreat before allowing the opponent to get a punch in edgewise. By keeping my attacks varied any attempt at prediction usually allows for another opening.

I try to create openings by controlling my opponents movements with Arrows. Directly influencing their movements with either aimed Arrows or Arrow Chases is common early and late in the matches. Indirectly influences such as typical mindgame induced paranoia works well against the average player.

My strategy against higher level players looks similar but is played for different reasons. Rather then attempting to create openings and confuse the opponent, my spamming becomes just that. Spamming. A defense mechanism against technically superior players. My hand-to-hand style gets a heavier dose of PowerShielding as well. Arrow techniques are often saved for trying to finish off recovering opponents.

I tend to mix up my approaches. Most of which are feints anyway as my real approaches tend to come from dashes from mid-range when my opponent seems to be off their pace. For my feints I try to mix up different techniques such as Pivot Boosting and Angelic Stepping. Along with DashDancing and short-hop Fairs.

Arrows make for good recovery buffers. As for recovery in general, it's pretty general. Just use what Pit has to recover.

I absolutely love Arrows. I've near perfected the "UndrCombo" as dubbed by several players at *Pound* 3, and I try to use it as often as I can. Arrow Rain setups have become a favorite of mine as of late as well.

In short, Arrows are fun and I use them when I can get away with it.

Secondaries:
All just for fun: Samus, Pikachu, & Ice Climbers

Match Ups:
Best: Samus, Marth, King Dedede, & Snake
Worst: Meta Knight, Captain Olimar, & Kirby

Stages:
Best: Final Destination, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Delphino Plaza, and Smashville.
Worst: Yoshi's Story

Ayoub

Smash Ace
1. Name (Brawl Tag and SWF Account): Aye/Ayoub, Ayoub.

2. Color Pit: Blue.

3. List of commonly used AT's: Pivotgrab, Pivot arrows, now trying to add wingstool locks.

4. Summary of overall strategy: I like to play aggresive, wich is kinda bad for pit. I used to play aggresive all the time, anyway I changed my playstyle. I like to mindgame people, punish rolls and spotdodges with pivot grab, and combo out of fthrow. If I camp, I mostly run and pivot arrows, charging them to change timing so my arrows won't get PS'd too easily. I like to punish on-sheild attacks with jab, nair or dair OoS. I also like to mindgame people to that they can sheildgrab me, and punish the missed grab with a dtilt. Oh, and gimping recoverys with mirrorsheild, I love to do it. =D I mostly get my kill with a bair, punishing a spotdodge with it or something.

5. Secondaries: Falco, Diddy, Peach, Ike, Kirby.

6. Best/Worst personal match ups: Best: Kinda lot of characters.
Worst: Olimar, Marth and MK.

7. Best/Worst stages: Best: BF, FD, SV, Frigate.
Worst: Yoshi's Island.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcYmEWXv2pY old match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcYmEWXv2pY My tricks video.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Name: Kuro~ for both fields
Color: i hax my wii so ya but if it doesnt have hax i use green and sometimes black
List of commonly used AT'S: Platform canceling with WoI,Wing dashing, Wing lunge, wing renewal, boost pivot grab, arrow looping for mindgames trying to add wingstool locks now i dont like ART all that much mainly cuz its the one AT i cant seem to actually learn, Wing stall, Dive bombing with WoI, glide shift, mirror shield gimping, WoI gimping(mainly on snake)

my playstyle is not that hard to explain. i combo u at low % then in mid percents abuse fairs uairs and nair and utilts; <3 wing lunge shield poking ability so i incorporate that alot as well. Im mostly about faking u out especially for the kills ill do random funny stuff sometimes unless its tourney. another thing at Mid %'s i do is i definitely abuse arrows if i get them off stage main kill moves i use are fsmash and bair and ftilt after a fake out. i use the the strategy off SWF of a 3-Stage pit and it has worked wonders ive made it a point to not abuse fsmash anymore and use Wing lunge,grabs, and Dsmash to punish ground approaches mostly

Best Matchups would be:snake in terms of experience, Toon link cuz projectiles are easy for me to get around, Marth, and im getting very close to getting wario down (tho in tourney i say fk it and go D3...)

Worst: MK not that bad but i dont do as well as id like olimar...grrrrr....falco somewhat it really depends on who gets the first hit after that the fight is pretty straight forward, diddy still working on banana control with pit instead of snake, and pit mirror matches

Best stages would be: Battle field, SmashVille, Counter pick pictochat, rainbow, Brinstar,Norfair, and Delphino
Worst:Yoshis island thats about it as far as i can think of Frigate is a bit...and um ps1 is kinda neutral but it does mess up arrow chances some or at least makes u work harder for them i plan on uploading some videos soon

O.O

Top Bottom