• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAL and NTSC

Holty

Smash Apprentice
There's some differences from the PAL and NTSC version...

Link has better air speed and one of his moves deals 4% more damage

Actually, that's all I know...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm very sure there's more though. Maybe even some characters weigh less/more, some stages are very slightly different etc. Anyone know any others?

Holty

Smash Apprentice
Nope, I suck at drawing and it doesn't interest me anyway. Why?

You really should've sent this in a PM. It doesn't contribute to the point of the thread :p :)

edit: it's not a funny joke. it's lame.

dandan

Smash Lord
PAL runs at 50 fps and NTSC runs at 60.
It is a huge difference that makes ntsc far better than pal.

There are more chars differences but not so sure about them.

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
fox's up-b is shorter in pal.

shiek's d-throw can't lead to easy combos in pal like it does in ntsc.

i can't really think of any more right now.

Paix

Smash Apprentice
PAL users can buy some TV's that'll let them play 60fps though...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
PAL users can buy some TV's that'll let them play 60fps though...
Are u sure???? That would be great...

By the way, PAL version is much slower and its way worse. You cant play as fast and you cant do as much stuff as in the NTSC version. In general you gotta adapt your game style and... play more campy :ohwell:
Also, a mistake is even more fatal than the NTSC version due to being slower. Maybe its hard to understand, but you get it when you play it.

"nice" signature btw o.O

Paix

Smash Apprentice
besides dandan, one of my friends just told me that ssb64 pal version is 50fps only as it's programmed for that. it seems the TV's I was referring to in my previous post is only for melee and brawl...

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
besides dandan, one of my friends just told me that ssb64 pal version is 50fps only as it's programmed for that. it seems the TV's I was referring to in my previous post is only for melee and brawl...
no, i'm certainly sure you're wrong.

you can even look here on smash wiki: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Frame

all NTSC versions of all three games are 60fps only.

PAL can run at both 50fps and 60fps depending on your TV. why is this? TV's that could run 60fps were practically extinct in Europe a while ago.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
why is that funny?
How do u unlock Sheik in ssb64?

Rob the great said:
PAL can run at both 50fps and 60fps depending on your TV. why is this? TV's that could run 60fps were practically extinct in Europe a while ago.
So how is that the PAL rom version of the game can't run at more than 50 FPS on my computer? I think its simply not possible.

dandan

Smash Lord
no, i'm certainly sure you're wrong.

you can even look here on smash wiki: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Frame

all NTSC versions of all three games are 60fps only.

this is right for melee and brawl, but wrong for 64...
the game programming is different in the pal edition, connecting your n64 to a tv that runs
at 60hz will still work on 50fps.

dandan

Smash Lord
you actually can get them working with adapters if i am not mistaken, but it will not help.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Oh, now that I remember

A bit of a stupid question but, anyone knows if its possible to get NTSC version of ssb64 for Wii virtual console, living in europe??? Or its just the default game for all the world? lol

Top Bottom