• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Packin' In the Pounds: Arkanj0 is the Grand Champion!

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Look at the OP.

Alright, Arkanj0 is in the finals! Sorry to hear that melomaniacal. But I did hear Arkanj0 had already won the first match so at least you played a little bit. :ohwell:
Yeah, power went out after that.

Basically, for those who are wondering: I hate WiFi, and see no point in willingly playing in such a horrible connection. Seriously, I have never been so bored playing a video game as when we were playing our first round, haha. I would rather just give him the win.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hob's in the finals against arkanjo eh?

YOU GOT THIS HERO!

lol if u **** arkanjo, it'll make me feel good cuz going 3-2 and 2-3 against you in heavies will mean that we were basically the finals! HAHA DO IT!!!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok, finals are starting up! The very hyped-up match between Hero Of Banthum and Arkanj0! Good luck to both of you! The final match is due before sunday.

And.......... GO!!!

Arkanj0

Smash Cadet
Alright, Hero of Banthum, I was hoping you would be my opponent. :)

Good luck buddy! Sent you a PM.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
O **** I got 7th with my MK.

Krazy I am top 8 you silly :p
Nah, top 12. You're tied for 7th, but we have to include how many people were left in your last round, which was 12.

For example, in a normal tournament, of the 4 people eliminated in a round of 8 people left, they are considered to be top 8, not top 5. :ohwell:

I got third with only playing two matches. Lulz.
Yeah, soooo many people didn't do their matches. Too many byes. It's annoying. :mad:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Nah, top 12. You're tied for 7th, but we have to include how many people were left in your last round, which was 12.

For example, in a normal tournament, of the 4 people eliminated in a round of 8 people left, they are considered to be top 8, not top 5. :ohwell:
I know but aren't I considered top 8th like for character rankings list etc.?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Wait, wifi tournaments count towards the character ranking list?
Not for the official tier list, but zen1 has been working on an "Online Character Ranking" list, which rates characters based on their performance in past online tournaments. However, as of now, gannondorf is ranked higher than Meta Knight, so it has some developing to do.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Zeonstar is good, but that doesn't mean Gannondorf as a character is good. Just look at the real tier list; he's dead last!

Anyway, this argument is pointless.

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
is it too late to sign up for this tourney? if not sign me up for MK/ Death/ 0173-0989-5129 the LightWeight i think.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Zeonstar is good, but that doesn't mean Gannondorf as a character is good. Just look at the real tier list; he's dead last!

Anyway, this argument is pointless.
Yeah it is.

What I'm trying to say (kinda) is that the OTL Rankings are based more off skill of certain players than on how good the character is. I'm not an idiot I know Ganon sucks. Online benefits some characters a lot, and destroys other characters. Also, unlike offline tourneys, people can play (theoretically) in EVERY online tourney, so if Zeonstar enters EVERY online tourney and wins most of them, then of course Ganon will be higher. But let's take Koskinator, thought of as the best Ganon offline. He can't enter every tournament so even if he wins all of the ones he enters, it'll only be a small fraction of ALL the tourneys out there.

This is more of what I meant, I know it wasn't clear from my other posts though, sorry.

LOL at Death. Way to pay attention buddy.

Hero of Banthum

Smash Journeyman
I have a question...

I am playing Arkanj0 right now and I think he is stalling... (it is 1-1 now)

The whole game he is doing his shadow ball and if I approach him is goes to the other side of the stage and start the whole thing again... Is this against the rules or what? Because he is staying there for minutes and he does nothing else to attack me (except the shadowball ofcourse...)

I would like to hear your voice before continu because these aren't great matches...

Arkanj0

Smash Cadet
I am not stalling, this is called camping. I am not making the game unplayable because I'm continuously damaging you.

Suck it up, Mr. best character in the game.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I have a question...

I am playing Arkanj0 right now and I think he is stalling... (it is 1-1 now)

The whole game he is doing his shadow ball and if I approach him is goes to the other side of the stage and start the whole thing again... Is this against the rules or what? Because he is staying there for minutes and he does nothing else to attack me (except the shadowball ofcourse...)

I would like to hear your voice before continu because these aren't great matches...
I hate players that do that =/

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
If you can't beat that, then that's kinda sad. Out camp him. You're snake.

He probably rolls alot. just grab him out of it, or ftilt. Plant mines and C4's. PS his aura sphere's. this should be a piece of cake.

Hero of Banthum

Smash Journeyman
:p dangit hob u were supposed to win!

congratz arkanjo
I know, but this wasn't brawl... This was staying at one side of the stage waiting till the timer was up... I didn't like the matches... First match was a bit, a tiny bit normal, I 3-stocked him... After that it just sucked...

Top Bottom