• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac West online games thread

Sleepy

Smash Ace
at some point mmos just get boring and grindy, and all new expansions do is reveal the new flashy grind. New instances and equipment = more grinding = more money.

Boring....

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
at some point mmos just get boring and grindy, and all new expansions do is reveal the new flashy grind. New instances and equipment = more grinding = more money.

Boring....
it's better than them shooting up a school, amirite

Miharu

Smash Hero
dunno don't remember

roaming vs so i got fb got bottle after fbing mid, ganked bot, got rune ganked mid again, went top ganked that then tp'd bot and killed that or something

i forget the rest

Sleepy

Smash Ace
it's better than them shooting up a school, amirite
true but, I guess a sense of community that comes out of MMO's is a good thing, void the part that the game itself is boring and redundent. Blizzard is helping prevent VA and columbine.
Government should've gave blizzard 700bil to stop adolescent violence!

Loco Roco

Smash Apprentice
hey, how is s5 in wow right now

which classes are dominating pvp

i want to know if i'll make a difference in bgs when i get full s5 for my spriest

Miharu

Smash Hero
lawl, bads dont call mia
it doesn't do much if your map awareness blows *** anyways

calling missing should be an extra, not something taken for granted (because if you rely on missing calls to save your *** from ganks it means you're bad at the game :D)

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i like leveling
and gearing up
one time i read a thing where paying the 15 a month is less money assuming you dont buy a new game for 50 or 60 or however much they go for every x months but i dont think that hold a lot of truth, but it does hold some

god **** im slow
S5 hasnt started yet
you have until Dec 8 to hit 80 scrub
the worst part is you cant see the honor/pvp gear cuz its not in game yet
its really fing confusing too

Loco Roco

Smash Apprentice
true, i'll have to work on that

edit - this thread is all about ninja posting

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
assuming you dont buy a new game for 50 or 60
who are the people who actually buy new games? i have to assume it's mostly the really stupid people or just dedicated fans to a franchise, because buying new games is one of the most -EV things you could possibly do, especially nowadays when every new game is just a carbon copy of older games

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I played wow for 3 years when it came out until a year after bc, off and on. Just got bored, at first it was interactive and interesting, but my days got bored. Really though if you have a rogue or warrior the game can be fun, but sometimes you just get bored of a genre.

I don't really care about the money varient much, that doesn't bug me so much. I spend a lot of money on games for my 360. Quitting wow enabled me to buy more games with veriety.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
classic, well made games really outshine newer ones

they are relaly gonna have to put all their heart and soul in to balancing sc2 and making it require high micro if they want to get even CLOSE to the perfection that was brood war

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
gamers have unrealistic expectations of sequels to great games. a game like melee or sc is a once in a lifetime thing; both skill and luck converged. it'll be great but it'll be great in different ways, and more importantly there's no guarantee it'll be nearly as competitive

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man they should just release that ****, let the players find the imbalanced stuff thats the way sc got balanced anyway cuz innovative and good players always find broken stuff

Sleepy

Smash Ace
lol we used to use the stasis carrier trick (stasis the carrier and not the interceptors are still out), or the siege tank under the barracks trick. Miss that glitchy brokeness.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
classic, well made games really outshine newer ones

they are relaly gonna have to put all their heart and soul in to balancing sc2 and making it require high micro if they want to get even CLOSE to the perfection that was brood war
I doubt it. Members from team liquid that played it say its a brawled out version of SC (they didnt use those words but you get the idea)

Sleepy

Smash Ace
wonder if blizzard really is gonna basterdize the skill varient, they showed it off in korea before america, so I don't really know for sure if they would do that. Also blizzard's sales on games is always high regardless, so they seem less viable to really sell out like nintendo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ugh that sucks lol

i know people complain about sequels the same way they do for brawl

but in brawl the complaining was actually CORRECT

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
well only time will tell. So far blizzard has released nothing but quality games, and they actually take notice of the competitive scene. No doubt the koreans have told blizzard that their demos were ****ty

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm yea true

we never really know anything until we see the METAGAME

brawl's is actually getting better with the uprising of diddy kong

rob's doin hella well too

diddykong can beat snake/mk and it actually takes skill to use, its pretty satisfying to see

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I'm gonna say a few things, brawl needed playtesting, effort, and non binding factors like items. The game took every bit of excitement and gimps melee had out. Even with the removal of tech skill, so much of the game is hit and hit back, it hardly seems worth watching. I try to watch vids on youtube but the game is boring. BORING.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fosho. no matter how far the metagame progresses, and if ppl get really skilled... melee appreciators will never find brawl as exciting. watching good diddys is fun... but hey come on. any character in melee is faster and requires more skill than that to do well in tourny

Sleepy

Smash Ace
well I'm not really a complete brawl hater, but the lifeline probably will be short on the game. I don't play it at all though and I gave my copy to a friend for free.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
so they seem less viable to really sell out like nintendo.
i don't think nintendo sold out at all -- they never sell out. they're just asians on their high-horse wrt morals and how games should be played. that's all it was about.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
god pikmin on the wii is one of the few games that would make me go, "wow, i am really excited to see what they do for it on the wii"

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
im really excited for it too. and i heard a lot of good things about metroid prime 3. still havent played it :/

oh you guys up there.
brawl was/is a raging success. the game was designed for younger kids to play with their favorite character ONLINE with their best friends from school. with lag, the game is really different and ****ty characters get a lot better. every game should have some level of balance, but there is almost always one or two characters that are a cut above the rest. like, naruto clash of ninja revolution is pretty fun to play competitevely (LOL) but i wouldnt expect it to stand up to the test of time. whereas street fighter 2 hd remix or starcraft 2 are/were designed specifically for balance and high level play. brawl is just not one of those games. but it is good at what it was designed for.

Loco Roco

Smash Apprentice
clash of ninja sucks

narutimate accel 2 needs to be released for US consoles, that game is so balanced.

Top Bottom