• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac West DotA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman

Wraiths/bracers let you HOLD the lane. Do you not get tangoes or what? Also, pers isn't for EVERY hero, especially not roaming gankers, who won't really even be able to farm up the required 875 gold for roh/void. They also help IMMENSELY with lasthitting/survival; regen =/= survival, since regening at 4 hp/s isn't going to save your *** from burst damage, whereas an increase in max hp would. Tangoes do well enough for regen. Not saying pers isn't a good item, but getting bracers/wraiths help you get to that pers FASTER than if you didn't have them, since more stats = more hp/mana/etc, which allows you to LAST HIT better. And when it comes time to clear up an inventory slot, it's not so much a 200 gold since the gold that you've spent is already long gone, and it's more like you get an extra 200+ to get to whatever item you need. It's a difficult concept to grasp, but if you don't really trust what I'm seeing, feel free to go watch some high-level replays (MYM/SK/mouz/H2O/TPD/Ks/etc), and you'll see that they in fact DO bother getting wraiths/bracers/nulls. I wonder why.

Going straight for pers without any early regen/items is ********. Against any competent player, they'll notice your lack of regen, and harass you until you can't lane; what are you going to do then? And 95% pubs can't lane worth ****, if you're wondering.

Not to sound arrogant, but I'm almost 100% sure that I play DotA at a higher level than you do, just based off what you're saying right now.

Wraiths are for agi heroes (99% of the time), but bracers honestly can go on whoever needs them. Ward*****es/roaming gankers who are ALSO low on hp tend to go bracers, such as VS/lina/cm/lich/lock/sven/etc (although some choose to get nulls if they need a larger mana pool like NA, or those who pump stats like lock sometimes can just go branches+mek etc).

Bracers provide CHEAP STATS AND MANA. In return, they help you get more money in the form of more herokills/creepkills, and thus are used as stepping stones towards bigger items. Also, there are some heroes like SF who are just begging to be ganked. SF in particular, because he has relatively low hp, no natural escape mechanism, and is somewhat easier to deal with if he's shut down early (if you don't stop him early, then he's free to quickly farm to bkb/dagger/lothars/whatever and start wrecking teamfights from there). Even the best players can't escape from some ganks, even with full vision + good map awareness.

Branches are fine, but it's usually still more advisable to get early bracers simply for the cheap hp and so on. Really can't stress how important that is. Another key part is that they're EASY to build up, which the most expensive part being the circlet, which is 185, as opposed to something like a point booster which is 1.2k. If you're a hero like CM, it's wiser to get bracers FIRST, then get the point booster later; otherwise, you'll be an easy target to kill while you're saving up for your slightly more expensive item. Might be a different story if you're something like tree (not all heroes need get bracers).

And of course it's not set in stone. You can vary your builds if you're doing extremely well, get more cheap items if you aren't, and so on.
first of all bracers are not f-ing cheap.. they give good stats bonuses but 500 gold is not cheap by any means.. and ur saying that persev wont let you hold the lane as well as bracers will?! man you definitely need to play me or my team then to see how wrong you are. bracers will not get you hero kills either lol.. if you're farming well, why not go for your tier 2 or 3 item? instead of wasting your money on bracers.. ill gladly lane with a persev against a guy with 2 bracers, see how long you hold the lane with those bracers. and u tend to think that if people are going around ganking that ur a sitting duck without bracers, if u get caught in a good one ur dead regardless.. ur overrating how much HP bracers give you compared to the investment and patience til you get higher tier'd items. More hp/stats/mane allows you to last hit better? huh? play more in house non-EM games with ppl you dont regularly play with

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'm sorry, I can't imagine mrb1tch3s being good at any game.

Goodnight choknater. I'm going to sleep too.

Pre-lol @ any future posts about us going to sleep at the same time.
baby..... burrow into my holes like mr. resetti...

Miharu

Smash Hero
first of all bracers are not f-ing cheap.. they give good stats bonuses but 500 gold is not cheap by any means.. and ur saying that persev wont let you hold the lane as well as bracers will?! man you definitely need to play me or my team then to see how wrong you are. bracers will not get you hero kills either lol.. if you're farming well, why not go for your tier 2 or 3 item? instead of wasting your money on bracers.. ill gladly lane with a persev against a guy with 2 bracers, see how long you hold the lane with those bracers. and u tend to think that if people are going around ganking that ur a sitting duck without bracers, if u get caught in a good one ur dead regardless.. ur overrating how much HP bracers give you compared to the investment and patience til you get higher tier'd items. More hp/stats/mane allows you to last hit better? huh? play more in house non-EM games with ppl you dont regularly play with
LOL

Hi sir, I'm DXDin vouched, play pickups regularly with x6 and so on. Played a few games with Merlini, if name dropping is that ****ing important.

I mean, if you get pers on EVERY non-dps hero, that's a pretty big joke. kYou- on west or channel toga any time if you want to scrim. ****ing scrub.

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
LOL

Hi sir, I'm DXDin vouched, play pickups regularly with x6 and so on. Played a few games with Merlini, if name dropping is that ****ing important.

I mean, if you get pers on EVERY non-dps hero, that's a pretty big joke. kYou- on west or channel toga any time if you want to scrim. ****ing scrub.
lol u madd?? caaaaallllmmmmm downnnnnnn

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Perseverance is dumb as a first item

terr13

Smash Journeyman
He's saying you won't get to your pers without dying. Let's say you decide to get first item RoH. Your hp is going to be less than 600, almost guaranteed, and they can easily burst damage you to death. You want to maximize your inventory slots, and although branches are great at this early game, they quickly become inadequate. For the price of one Pers, you can get 3 Bracers or 4 Wraith bands, by the midgame, most ganks will be pure burst damage, not some harassing. Also, 4 Wraiths give you +24 damage, which is a good amount while you make your bigger items.

If you're a ganker, you need to get bracers over Pers, since you shouldn't be farming that much, and the bracers will help you survive so much more. And stats make you last hit better, that's a fact. Try to last hit with Techies, and then try it with a Techies that has a couple nulls. More damage makes it easier to last hit, if you ever laned against a good tree, you should realize this. \

Carry heroes need to be useful before they get their big items, which can take a while unless you happen to be ****** insanely hard, which most carrise can't do. Branches and tangoes lose their usefulness extremely quickly, but Bracers and such are still useful throughout the whole game. Compared to other items, they are extremely cheap for their cost. 510 for 6 Str, 3 Agi and 3 Int. Or +3 damage, 113 hp, 48 mana, and a little IAS, armor, and regen. Ogre axe is 1k for 10 str, Vit booster is 1.1k for 250 hp. The only thing more efficient than a bracer is a branch, but you only have 6 item slots, and those branches just end up clogging those spots.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I want to hear the results of this

Miharu

Smash Hero
JTB, you forgot the "-" after my name.

It's "kYou-".

Also, I probably won't have my 5 until after 8 or so; just giving you a heads up.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Just a general IH, or this scrim?

This is probably going to happen some time today, don't know the exact time yet.

Also DCMoney, you want to do APXL .52e or .55b?

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
no this isnt happening tonight i have plans.. when i get my 5 together we'll work out whatever it is gonna be

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I finally got internet in my apartment, so I'm going to be on alot more now.

The_Loki

Smash Apprentice
I usually play on East cause i made my account before i moved to WA but i can make a West account

playing new good people is dota is always fun

my name will be The_Loki

Miharu

Smash Hero
Didn't nerf the casting range on torrent, ult still the same, cleave still the same, and X marks the spot virtually unchanged except for it no longer goes through magic immunity.

Dagger is back.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Haven't really noticed that many changes in the games I played.

Just seeing less of Proudmoore and more of Alleria

Miharu

Smash Hero
3 - Killing Spree
4 - Dominating
5 - Mega Kill
6 - Unstoppable
7 - Wicked Sick
8 - Monster Kill
9 - GODLIKE
10 - BEYOND GODLIKE (audio is HOLY SH*T)

Double Kill/Triple Kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom