• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac Man's Character Design, is it the right one?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Judging by the music selection we know about thus far on Pac-Land, I love that we're getting representation from a ton of old Namco arcade games (hello Libble Rabble, Metro-Cross, Sky Kid), not just the Pac-Man series. Although I wouldn't be opposed to a bit of newer Pac-Man representation (Pac-Man 2 and Pac-Man Arrangement (1996) come to mind).

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
For the record, Sega has considered Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic as mutually-separate characters rather than one being a redesign of the other ever since Generations, since we only even got Classic Sonic back in-story because of time travel. Heck, the reason they wouldn't let SUMO use Classic Sonic for Sonic Racing Transformed was because there wasn't a time travel angle to explain him coming back. Basically, Modern and Classic are always gonna necessitate two different spots on a character select if used in the same game together again.

Anyway, I don't think there is a WRONG design to use for Pac-Man's Smash Bros. entrance, but the World design is nice to have, even if I would've preferred the Party or GA designs.

Last edited:

Nomein

Smash Rookie
It's his most iconic design. And since Mega Man was given the classic treatment, it only made sense Pac-Man gets it too.

Top Bottom