• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
It's not the real victory theme from Smash but you can here the same song during the roundtable clip. (Different remix probably)
*ahem*, this is from the G.A. show opening... the lovely "Pac is Back"... we can hear this in the end of the song; this rip was probably taken from the Credits version of the music, which is without lyrics. =P

but yeah, his Victory Theme is the "Start Game" from the Original Arcade Game,.. unsurprisingly; Since it is used as his victory theme in the majority of his games anyway. =)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
*ahem*, this is from the G.A. show opening... the lovely "Pac is Back"... we can hear this in the end of the song; this rip was probably taken from the Credits version of the music, which is without lyrics. =P

but yeah, his Victory Theme is the "Start Game" from the Original Arcade Game,.. unsurprisingly; Since it is used as his victory theme in the majority of his games anyway. =)
Thank you. I was going to say the same, but you beat me to it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I hope the 3ds version has these 2 songs:
and
They seem like the best and most representative of Pac-Man music. A close third is

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I don't know if they'd reuse Pac-Man Park for both stages, but I guess weirder things have happened with the song selection. (Looking at you, Ai no Uta French ver.)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So... This is what I propose for Alt. Costumes for Pac (implying that he won't change colors, having just different accessories like Pikachu or Jiggly); .. but kinda a wishlist though. =P

We have a lot of references, good signs for differentiation in battle, Pac is still Pac in all forms (not necessary turning him in another character),.. still yellow (changing subtly the tone). Feedback? =) (sorry for some poor montages D=).

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I use to be farely neutral to Pac but seeing in this game with other icons has left me oddly hyped for him, I can't wait to try him.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
O.O That SuperPac-Man. Do want.
Heh, I thought that would be cool having such reference!... I mean, his Final Smash is already kinda referencing the game Super Pac-Man... but I'd love to see his super-hero costume in Pac-Man 2 appearing somehow. =)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Heh, I thought that would be cool having such reference!... I mean, his Final Smash is already kinda referencing the game Super Pac-Man... but I'd love to see his super-hero costume in Pac-Man 2 appearing somehow. =)
Maybe we could even get a hybrid design of the original Super Pac-Man and his Pac-Man 2 super form:

So this with the mask, maybe?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
having a blue cape instead of red, and still keeping the Pac-Man 2 design would be best scenario.. and better to having less confusion in the screen, I guess. =)

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
As far as music goes, Pac-Park from Pac-Mania is guaranteed since it's in the trailer. The Pac-Land theme is also a safe bet given the stage on Smash Wii U.

One thing I bet we're getting is something in the veins of the Donkey Kong remix from the 75m stage in Brawl, a track made almost entirely of short tunes and arcade-style sound effects.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
As far as music goes, Pac-Park from Pac-Mania is guaranteed since it's in the trailer. The Pac-Land theme is also a safe bet given the stage on Smash Wii U.

One thing I bet we're getting is something in the veins of the Donkey Kong remix from the 75m stage in Brawl, a track made almost entirely of short tunes and arcade-style sound effects.
I could also see us getting a remix that's a mash up of multiple namco Arcade game themes. (Famicom Melody Namco edition)

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
GameXplain's analysis of the Pac-Man reveal trailer:

Looks like they didn't realize that the other Namco objects are most likely a taunt rather than part of the "Bonus Fruit" move...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I agree that the Galaga tractor beam would be used for grabbing.

Nice, I didn't realise that his dodge roll and his intro animation has him limbless.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I am extremely tempted to use Pacman a lot in SSB4.

That analysis reminded me of how awesome the trailer was, and did a better job at convincing me of how awesome he's shaping up to be.

Seriously, I can't get enough out of those Namco cameos. :D
Smash attacks via ghosts = PURE WIN. I'm sold because of this alone.

I couldn't have come up with a better moveset in a million years, even if I had played every single Pacman game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't wait to play with Pac-Man . He is easily my number one favorite newcomer so far. Sorry Villager and Little Mac.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, when the Gematsu leak started out and said Pac-man was in it... I hated the idea and never wanted Pac-man in the game. When he was revealed, I was like wtf, but after rewatching the video, I actually like Pac-man's design and stuff and plan to main him. Can't wait to dominate with Pac-man.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To be honest, when the Gematsu leak started out and said Pac-man was in it... I hated the idea and never wanted Pac-man in the game. When he was revealed, I was like wtf, but after rewatching the video, I actually like Pac-man's design and stuff and plan to main him. Can't wait to dominate with Pac-man.
And that's why you wait till you see it before like or hate it. :p

D

Deleted member

And that's why you wait till you see it before like or hate it. :p
Pac-man and Mii have made me hold all judgments on Chrom until he is revealed. ANY OPINION CAN CHANGE!

So, clarification on the Namco summon move for Pic this week?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
OFFtpc from Smash4 Pac;... but still Pac related... Hey, Pac-friends; I'll be needing some help in the next... months? =P.. If someone is interested, please, PM me; I just can say for now that, I'm needing people with a lot of time avaliable (thing that not even myself have, lolz).

I ask, principally, for @ Bauske Bauske ; @ Pacack Pacack ; @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles ; @Pacman9 and anyone interested =)

--------------
And, taking advantage of the circumstances I'd like to point some things from those days I was OFFline:

- I saw nobody commenting on the Magic Boots subject.. I'm really the only one that find intriguing the fact they are just there in the Pac-Land stage?.. I'm hoping for the become to be a item that any character can use.

- GameXplain still insist to call the Pac-Man's design as a throwback from Pac-Land... ugh.. at least in their last analysis they mentioned Pac-Man World.
-- Also, I'm very disappointed how shallow was the Pac-Man's analysis by them.. missed a lot of things (the MAGIC BOOTS, GOD! >:T),.. obivous things; ... and compared to the recent Palutena's analysis, I can feel a kind of preference between characters, I guess? What a shame! =P (kidding, but was Pac's analysis was one of their worst videos).

- No one cared, but I cared; The Pac-Man's pic of his Bonus Fruit move was posted on the Ghostly Adventures 3DS release date in Japan... *ahem*.. I cared.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
- I saw nobody commenting on the Magic Boots subject.. I'm really the only one that find intriguing the fact they are just there in the Pac-Land stage?.. I'm hoping for the become to be a item that any character can use.
I've considered their possibilities as well. I imagine this stage will be somewhat like Golden Plains, rewarding the player who performs the best by granting them a buff of some sort. Perhaps whoever has the highest score by the end of the "level" will be granted the magic boots, which will give them infinite jumps as the stage scrolls back to Pac-Man's house. A little broken, perhaps, but since this stage is a walk-off with no pitfalls (or so we've seen), it probably wouldn't be too unfair.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
OFFtpc from Smash4 Pac;... but still Pac related... Hey, Pac-friends; I'll be needing some help in the next... months? =P.. If someone is interested, please, PM me; I just can say for now that, I'm needing people with a lot of time avaliable (thing that not even myself have, lolz).

I ask, principally, for @ Bauske Bauske ; @ Pacack Pacack ; @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles ; @Pacman9 and anyone interested =)

--------------
And, taking advantage of the circumstances I'd like to point some things from those days I was OFFline:

- GameXplain still insist to call the Pac-Man's design as a throwback from Pac-Land... ugh.. at least in their last analysis they mentioned Pac-Man World.
-- Also, I'm very disappointed how shallow was the Pac-Man's analysis by them.. missed a lot of things (the MAGIC BOOTS, GOD! >:T),.. obivous things; ... and compared to the recent Palutena's analysis, I can feel a kind of preference between characters, I guess? What a shame! =P (kidding, but was Pac's analysis was one of their worst videos).

- No one cared, but I cared; The Pac-Man's pic of his Bonus Fruit move was posted on the Ghostly Adventures 3DS release date in Japan... *ahem*.. I cared.
I would love to help, but my new job has been kicking my butt lately. I have almost no free time at all. It sucks. :/ I could still help out in any way I could. Just let me know what you're planning.

Top Bottom