• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Anyone know the music from the trailer?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Regarding whether or not we'd get an Amiibo figurine for Pacman, sadly I'd say unlikely. According to the Amiibo video Nintendo put out, the figures will work with other games. I'm not so confident that Pacman would be allowed in so many different Nintendo games, same with Sonic and Megaman, regardless of how they interact with those set games (It was said that the figures reacted to different games in different ways). However, I'd only assume that all other characters will get Amiibos, so I don't see why Pacman, Megaman, and Sonic couldn't
They said it was up to developers if they want to use Amiibo or not. I presume that means 3rd parties can utilize the technology, which means a Pac man Amiibo could be made and work with Namco games. Or they could make one of him just for Smash, I wouldn't put it past them.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Hmm, his moveset seems interesting. Pac-Man seems to be a summoner of sorts, who would have guessed?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I really like how he turned out. I might actually main him when the game comes out.

Is the general consensus negative around here? That's sad.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I was thinking the same thing! I was thinking about making the latter one my avatar first, but this one just looks better as an avatar.
Way ahead of you.

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Yoshi's been officially demoted as my signature main, thanks to Pac-Man's inclusion. Instead, he'll be one of them, behind Greninja but before Sonic, Diddy, and Palutena.

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Just checking out my new avatar and sig I stole borrowed from a post in this thread. :awesome:

Thanks to @Jave

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Congratulations guys! :D

I must say I confess I had grown a little indifferent on Pacman, but Sakurai, being the fan of retro stuff in general that he is, provided an extremely satisfying moveset, IMHO.

I guess I was a little worried that his abilities would become the generic flamethrower, freezing (abilities from Ghostly Adventures in general) and stuff other characters already have. But incorporating the use of his ghost rivals (in 8-bit form, no less) was really awesome.

I really like EVERYTHING they gave him. Especially those random Namco characters. :D

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I just now realized I've been wearing a Pac Man shirt all day. Which I totally just put on at random. Quite a coincidence.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I adore the scene with Pikachu and Pac-Man lounging in the grass on Mario Galaxy. Pac-Man has such a unique and expressive crouching animation, and the two yellow mascots look fantastic together.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Congrats, Pac-supporters!

I must say I'm very pleased that they went with his classic look.

Staarih

Smash Master
So I fell asleep last night when trying to wait for the Smash Bros website to update with Pac...

...but this morning was 100x better when I could finally see it, the trailer, the updated render, the pictures. Pac-Man looks perfect, seems like much of a better character than I could have ever expected! Not to mention they kept it's classic style, and he can go all "pizza" in his moveset as well! Greatness!

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
So I fell asleep last night when trying to wait for the Smash Bros website to update with Pac...

...but this morning was 100x better when I could finally see it, the trailer, the updated render, the pictures. Pac-Man looks perfect, seems like much of a better character than I could have ever expected! Not to mention they kept it's classic style, and it can go all "pizza" in his moveset as well! Greatness!
At first, I thought he would be an bad and annoying choice.
But the design is great (way better than the Ghostly Adventures one) and they made a GOOD moveset for him (Pacman in fighting games was prior to this pretty meh). Sakurai and the others are so great when he can do stuff like this. I don't mind him now and I even think he's a good choice.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm...

So, speaking of that particular flag, now that it's been revealed the functions we thought it had belong to Pac, and yet still seems to be a summoning item, what exactly does it do?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say that im extremely happy that Pacman made his way into Smash 4 and i cant begin to express the excitement i feel towards the idea of getting a game that has Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman! I never gave up hope and i knew he would find his way in Smash 4. It was just a matter of time. Pacman, welcome to the battle, old friend.

mfw haters are upset about Pacman and all thought he'd never be in this game

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ghostly Adventures Pac should be in that fire.

Clearly Sakurai agrees. Pac-World master race.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I once argued against the partially eaten Pizza's inclusions. But after seeing him on screen, I know that he fits right in. I'm just glad Sakurai didnt make it the Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man.

Congrats Pac-Fans. Here is my humblest apologies for my doubts:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I can rest happy now about the way Pac's put in. I hoped he'd be enough good to not have me want other Namco-reps instead - and boy, did they deliver. Pac Man's just so damn good in this game and he's fitting in so well!

Gotta just, love all the retro throwbacks. They IMO are the way he was meant to be represented, definitely - as it was him at his prime!

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Glad he made it. I was supporter all along. I got all my newcomers (would like to see Rayman but I know that is unrealistic; also perhaps King K. Rool making it would be nice).

I am more concerned about the vets although most of my wanted vets are already confirmed.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
G&W, get your flat butt onto the Website and be 100% confirmed.
Pac-Man needs a friend.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Anyone else baffled Palutena was the one shown in the Digital Event instead of Pac Man?
You'd think they'd go with a universally recognized mascot to end it instead of a secondary character from a more minor series. *shrugs* Doesn't matter I guess.

Interestingly enough Pac Man's trailer already has more views.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Remember the fact that I said I was absolutely neutral toward him? (probably not :awesome:)

In fact, I'm starting to like him. Why? Because the reactions on a French forums are so ridiculous ("BWAH SAKURAI IS KILLING SMASH") that I'm happy to see them crying.

And this comes from a Pac-Man detractor! :troll:

Top Bottom