• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
All of this for a character almost no one really cared for(emphasize almost) until it was announced Namco was developing the game. ;)

I try to stay away from PacMan support threads or posts, not beacuse I do not want him because I do. While I really appreciate all of the respect and passion and love those fans have for the character, it's all the passion and respect and the love of the character that has unfortuantely led me to very uncomfortable situations regarding the most passionate fans. So far this looks like a good old PacMan support thread.

While I would not necessarily mind if he was not included and I would be fine if another Namco rep was choosen, I believe Pac is the most deserving .I do hope that Sakurai can create a truly unique PacMan moveset though.
Well actually we all did still care for him. We just weren't as boisterous and bombastic as the ridley or King k. rool fans. That's why there is the major misconception that, "no one wanted pacman until he was likely"

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't think so,.. this would hold more curiosity to try all the newcomers just in the final release;
but who knows?...I'm actually expecting a tiny roster with 5 or 6 stages avaiable in the demo.
How would I put this, it would be like being shown key lime pie but you're being denied of it "just because". All it does is leave many questions unanswered and many people not satisfied.

It's also important from a design standpoint because it can provide opinions on what works and what doesn't from a general audience.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well actually we all did still care for him. We just weren't as boisterous and bombastic as the ridley or King k. rool fans. That's why there is the major misconception that, "no one wanted pacman until he was likely"
Yeah, pretty much this... and I'm support both Ridley and K. Rool as well. XD.. but, I believe I fit more in the "Pac-Man supporter style" =P. he's my favorite character since the SNES days.

-- All it does is leave many questions unanswered and many people not satisfied.
but this is a good thing in certain perspective,.. people unsatisfied are just unavoidable consequences, imo. Also, we still don't know when the 3DS version will be released.. maybe short after E3, or maybe can still take a long time!.. So, Nintendo needs to keep the curiosity of people.. some questions unanswered can be a good thing to hold public..

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Until he was likely? You underestimate my shallowness good sir I wanted Pac-Man since they had Snake in, showing that 3rd parties were OK to begin with.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Until he was likely? You underestimate my shallowness good sir I wanted Pac-Man since they had Snake in, showing that 3rd parties were OK to begin with.
Snake was such a weird addition. An understandable and fun one, yes, but I'll never get over how much of an odd duck he was for me in Brawl. Would have loved Pac-Man to be in there instead.

But whatever. History is history, and I'm sure Pac-Man will get his time to shine this time around.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Snake was such a weird addition. An understandable and fun one, yes, but I'll never get over how much of an odd duck he was for me in Brawl. Would have loved Pac-Man to be in there instead.

But whatever. History is history, and I'm sure Pac-Man will get his time to shine this time around.
I always thought Snake was a weird addition as well. But if there's one thing I'm thankful for his inclusion, it's that he made third party characters a possibility.

Staarih

Smash Master
I think the fact that Snake indeed was a bit of an "odd one out" compared to the other characters was really one of the things that made him a really enjoyable character to me. I really want him to return, if only to see how he fits in this time when the colors and stuff are clearly enhanced from Brawl, haha. And well sure, he is a great character overall and would be a shame to see him go.

My biggest wish is for BOTH Snake and Pac-Man to be included but I feel that might not end up being the case... but then again, I personally don't feel that either of the characters close each other out either, I think they both would fit in. But we'll see... I guess our beloved yellow orb is the more likely one right now though (out of the two).

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I understand your position about Pac's inclusion in Smash4,.. but regardless, if you're positive about it, it's nice to know. =P
I want him, at least now I Do. I would be disappointed if he does not make the roster but it wouldn't kill me.

Also, I dislike his GA incarnation.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I can say that I'm prepared for anything... for now, I'm more than only hoping for Pacster presence in Smash4, but also expecting... since he's pretty likely (at the same level of Palutena, in my opinion), with or without leak, he's a pretty naturally choice due a lot of points of the current circumstances... I'd be disappointed, of course, if he doesn't end up entering the roster, but the game won't be any worst for me.. Smash4 is already is a appealing game in so many aspects that I can't even point them all... but would be still a silly step from both Nintendo and NAMCO, and a huge opportunity wasted.
--as I said, I won't cry in the corner or something like that, but I'll always remember how dumb they were to not put Pac in the game. lol.

also, I think we Pac-Supporter are all in a privileged perspective, since he can't deconfirmed anyway... Sakurai wouldn't be unprofessional saying anything against Pac's inclusion (even if NAMCO wasn't working in the game, anyway), and he can't be in the game without be playable (and I also believe that no other character can take his spot in any form)... we just need to wait to see. =)

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
I've wanted Pac Man in since I played Super Smash Bros. Melee. (My first Smash Bros) I also wanted Mega Man and Sonic, but that was a dream I just thought would never come true. Then Sonic was confirmed for Brawl and I exploded in my pants, now Mega Man AND Sonic are confirmed for Smash 4 and I'm having strong hopes for Pac Man.. dreams do come true guise.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Be sure to check out RTC tomorrow(ish) guys! We're going to be rating the chance and want of a Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man. The want's what I'm mainly curious about.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Okay... Nintendo announced a GameCube Joysticks adapter for Wii U?.. That's it! It's time!...

HEY NAMCO, PUT PAC-MAN WORLD 2, 3, WORLD RALLY, FEVER AND VS. AT THE WII U'S VIRTUAL CONSOLE! IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE PAC'S REVEAL AT E3 EVEN BIGGER! DO IT!!
*and put the GBA version of Pac-Man World 1 at VC too.. since we can't get the PSone version anyway.

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Okay... Nintendo announced a GameCube Joysticks adapter for Wii U?.. That's it! It's time!...

HEY NAMCO, PUT PAC-MAN WORLD 2, 3, WORLD RALLY, FEVER AND VS. AT THE WII U'S VIRTUAL CONSOLE! IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE PAC'S REVEAL AT E3 EVEN BIGGER! DO IT!!
*and put the GBA version of Pac-Man World 1 at VC too.. since we can't get the PSone version anyway.
Pac-Man vs. would work perfectly on Wii U. The four ghosts use WiiMotes to hunt down Pac-Man who is using the Wii U controller.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As I see it there's only three options

1. Pac-Man is in
2. Snake Returns
3. Sonic and Megs are the only third parties.

Ideally I want Snake and Pac-Man but when you can have four characters not from Nintendo fighting together on one of their stages that might upset Sakurai's vision of Nintendo All-Stars. PSASBR had 4 (5 including DLC) Third party characters but Playstation has always had a more third party slant than Nintendo.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'll take the option 3, if sadly Pac-Man is not in Smash4... Nothing against Snake, really,.. I love Metal Gear Solid (principally the first one), but... he was an odd choice for Smash (he was already an odd choice, between so many bizarre characters, in DreamMix TV World Fighters, lol)... doesn't matter for me how unique and fun he was in Brawl, but he would never pass the "right" feeling in Smash Bros. for me... he's not part of this world (SmashBros.).

I can even risk to say that, if Kojima and Sakurai weren't friends,... Snake wouldn't ever be choosen for the roster... even if Sakurai had to be obligated (somehow) pick someone from Konami for any reason, I believe

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll take the option 3, if sadly Pac-Man is not in Smash4... Nothing against Snake, really,.. I love Metal Gear Solid (principally the first one), but... he was an odd choice for Smash (he was already an odd choice, between so many bizarre characters, in DreamMix TV World Fighters, lol)... doesn't matter for me how unique and fun he was in Brawl, but he would never pass the "right" feeling in Smash Bros. for me... he's not part of this world (SmashBros.).

I can even risk to say that, if Kojima and Sakura weren't friends,... Snake wouldn't ever be choosen for the roster... even if Sakurai had to be obligated (somehow) pick someone from Konami for any reason, I believe
To continue the PSASBR comparisons, I think Snake was along the lines of Big Daddy, not a character that you associate with the console but one to show the limits of the crossover criteria.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't think that's healthy for the game's aesthetic,... I mean, Snake was very well adapted, he still very faithful from his roots,.. and the Metal Gear Solid franchise was very well represented in Brawl,.. and the codecs was the cherry on top of the sundae.. but he's a character that still clashes with the overall proposal of the game, both conceptually and aesthetically. Brawl in general already had a more realistic design, and more serious tone than the past two games (and thankfully, Sakurai kinda that scrapped this in Smash4,.. eck, those dead colors) but Snake still seemed out of the place.. and this isn't fault of Sakurai or anything he has done with the character (as I said, was a fantastic job), but was by how and where Snake was born.. in which universe and concept. ... It's like putting Regina from Dino Crisis or Chris from Resident Evil... (and no, I don't think that crossovers like MvC can be compared with Smash.. Smash is a much more deep tribute from each series in game).

but on the subject of PSASBR... well, that game is a mess... in fact, the mascots that looked displaced,... with so many characters like Kratos, Cole, and such... PSASBR is the very opposite of Smash, in every single aspect (including quality. =P....).

--going too much off topic, but... taking advantage of the subject,.. with Pac-Man, we don't need to fear none of those incompatibilities with the Nintendo universe.. since, much like Sonic and Mega Man, he has everything to be a Nintendo character. XD

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
The best Pac-man was the Namco High one

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
lol, thanks for remember us this.. the apex of shame, making the classic NAMCO characters go through this humiliation. D=

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Looks like Someone isn't being true to themselves.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Pac Man would be a great idea for an assist trophy. I hope he makes it in. He could just chomp across the screen and eat dots and fruits with the four ghosts

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Looks like Someone isn't being true to themselves.
???, can you be clear, please?
[Oh, btw, I you didn't have another account here?.. I swear I saw your signature in a profile with much more posts. lols]
Pac Man would be a great idea for an assist trophy. I hope he makes it in. He could just chomp across the screen and eat dots and fruits with the four ghosts
you're supporting him as an AT? :laugh:

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, after all I feel like Nightmare is more deserving that him for the roster, however I still think Pac Man should be in. I just can't see him as a playable. But R.O.B made it in so who knows really.
heh... =P.. what is your point of view of "deserving"?... Nightmare over the mascot of the company? is like a Fossil Fighters character over Mario. But I suggest you read better our OP, and the last 10 or 20 pages,.. you will see the great potential of Pacster,.. he's a character with a plenty of basis for moveset, actually, he's not the type of R.O.B. or Mr. Game & Watch.. if you ever played the Pac-Man World series would understand some of this point.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
heh... =P.. what is your point of view of "deserving"?... Nightmare over the mascot of the company? is like a Fossil Fighters character over Mario. But I suggest you read better our OP, and the last 10 or 20 pages,.. you will see the great potential of Pacster,.. he's a character with a plenty of basis for moveset, actually, he's not the type of R.O.B. or Mr. Game & Watch.. if you ever played the Pac-Man World series would understand some of this point.
It's true that I never played those games. And I may be wrong, but my bias is towards soul calibur after seeing the final destination stage. I know Pac Man is more likely, But I really like the old style pac man in 2D and hope he's in the game in that form.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Is pretty likely that will be his Final Smash, (the 8-Bit sprite and all) you don't need to worry; though, I support a different idea for his FS.

And I really recommend the first Pac-Man World; try if you can. =)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm (most likely futiley) hoping for Nightmare to be an AT.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Did anyone notice the potd is wi sonic megaman and mario. Its a yellow luma on the photo. I feel like that luma was a :substitute: For pac-man

Ps off ssb4 but i doubt this is going to happen but is anyone crossing there fingets that. Pac-man will be a dlc character for mario kart 8?

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I like SoulCalibur, much like some of others "modern" NAMCO franchises, but outside Pac-Man characters, I expect to see just some kind of sprite related (or stickers, if they returns) of classic NAMCO Arcade and NES games like Dig-Dug.

Did anyone notice the potd is wi sonic megaman and mario. Its a yellow luma on the photo. I feel like that luma was a :substitute: For pac-man

Ps off ssb4 but i doubt this is going to happen but is anyone crossing there fingets that. Pac-man will be a dlc character for mario kart 8?
haha, I totally thought "Rosalina is stealing Pac's spot in this pic" =P... and, I don't believe in Pac's presence in Mario Kart 8,... but was strange to know that NAMCO Bandai was in the credits of the game... hmm..

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, I thought Namco's inclusion in the credits was a bit weird there. I think it probably has to do with them helping with the engine, after the arcade Mario Kart games. Dunno. Maybe it has something to do with the DLC. Maybe we'll get some arcade DLC courses. It's hard to say, but Namco's name in the credits is a bit strange.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I thought Namco's inclusion in the credits was a bit weird there. I think it probably has to do with them helping with the engine, after the arcade Mario Kart games. Dunno. Maybe it has something to do with the DLC. Maybe we'll get some arcade DLC courses. It's hard to say, but Namco's name in the credits is a bit strange.
I have a feeling we will see alot of collaboration between them. Especially if they have a great experience working together

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm secretly a fan of wanting Pac-Man.
I've been up and down on my support of him, but playing Pac-Man arrangement last week and all the great memories that game brought back to me has put me on the supporter track for good. So yeah.

Also you should totally add me to your DBZ fans list. Please?

Toastie

Smash Rookie
I was initially opposed, but I'm really starting to want Pac-Man in SSB4. He's so iconic, and is probably the best representation of arcade games. I'm sure this has been said before, but I'd definitely prefer his classic design, it's so much more appealing and quirky compared to his new look. Megaman got an updated version of his NES look, and I can see something similar happening with Pac-Man if he gets in.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
???, can you be clear, please?
[Oh, btw, I you didn't have another account here?.. I swear I saw your signature in a profile with much more posts. lols]

(and that's why this one's the best Pac-man)
Also no, this is my only account

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yeah it's a real shame, Way Forward did some really good stuff, Especially Namco High.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind if Pac-Man looked like this. He and Mr. Game & Watch would be the best of friends.

Staarih

Smash Master
81 pages of Pac-Man support... that's quite an achievement. Hopefully it all culminates into the yellow orb's reveal at E3! Now, let's see if we can make this thread a round 100 pages right before E3, just a week to go!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Now, let's see if we can make this thread a round 100 pages right before E3, just a week to go!
I shall help. Pac-Man is not my most wanted character, but I think he deserves to be in Smash.

Besides, I want to see the meltdowns.

Can someone put me on the supporter list (If I am not already? I remember posting here before).

Last edited:
Top Bottom