• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Are you positive that that's Woofa?

Also, Bauske, I have a funny story to tell you.

Remember how I was lamenting over the fact that I didn't have anything that could play Pac-Man Monsters? Well, I asked my mom if I could check to see if it was for Kindle too. Turned out that it wasn't, but my mom asked what I could play it on. I told her.

It reminded her that I have an upgrade for my phone ready and I can get a smartphone.

So, basically, Pac-Man got me a smartphone :awesome:
I'm 100% positive. Here, I'll upload the full screenshot for you. I shrunk it down a bit so it didn't take up the whole page, but all the details are there to see. :p

So yeah, that's Woofa. I'm just as shocked.

Also, awesome to hear, dude! When you get your smartphone and get the game going, add me! My friend code is "Ue7c6e7b57".

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm 100% positive. Here, I'll upload the full screenshot for you. I shrunk it down a bit so it didn't take up the whole page, but all the details are there to see. :p

Also, awesome to hear, dude! When you get your smartphone and get the game going, add me! My friend code is "Ue7c6e7b57".
What the sugar glazed chili?

(And I'll add you later!)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
What the sugar glazed chili?

(And I'll add you later!)
Ah well, they can't win all of 'em. They've gotten almost every other reference awesomely right so far, so one wrong one of a character who was only in one game doesn't offend me too badly.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

O_O... and people complain about the Pac's redesign in Ghostly Adventures... wow.

okay... but I think that, after all, Pac-Man Monsters is a pretty satisfying game in the subject of references, tributes and throwbacks of all the Pac-Man's story;... while I still don't support the traces of the "Monsters" and iOS games in general,

Btw, I was ready to buy an Pacster action figure (a tiny and cheap one. =P) for my shelf; ... but seems that I'll let to the next month... I need to economize for Mario Kart 8 in the end of the month; and I still has a lot of bills to pay. XD... Oh... the beauty of the adult life.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
O_O... and people complain about the Pac's redesign in Ghostly Adventures... wow.
No kidding.

My phone just came in, so I'll try Pac-Man Monsters out fairly soon. I have to let my phone charge for a bit before I can use it, though. I'll probably leave it overnight.

I'm probably going to get this case, btw :p

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
No kidding.

My phone just came in, so I'll try Pac-Man Monsters out fairly soon. I have to let my phone charge for a bit before I can use it, though. I'll probably leave it overnight.

I'm probably going to get this case, btw :p

AAHH! I NEED THAT! Link me to the site that sells it so I can buy it once I have money again. xD

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, I liked number one until I zoomed in on it and saw all the characters had black outlines around them. Yuck. Five is the best.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I had an awesome Idea for a stage, which I will discuss at a later time in this very thread! Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Hey @ Pacack Pacack ! Nice to see you playing the game. I got your friend request and accepted it. :D

I also found a couple more monsters in game you might like to see. I'll just post all three of them at once so that way I'm not making some really long post.

The first is Golvis, from Pac'N-Roll. The second is Woofa's evolution, Angry Woofa, and the third is one you requested initially, the Fairy Queen.

Again, Woofa is... meh. Golvis looks awesome though. Pretty accurate to what he looked like before. And the Fairy Queen definitely looks accurate to the Pac-Land representation, even with the stylized face.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying the game, man! If you have any questions, let me know. I know pretty much all of it now.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
The Fairy Queen is okay, since she always looked too much '80 (I mean, she could be totally in a Disney movie, lol)... and she needed a redesign for the modernity, after all. XD.. But.. Well, Golvis... I don't think that have any resemblence with the original design besides the guitar. :T

Still good to see all the cast of past Pac-Man games appearing somehow.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Oh my god I just found this on the Pac-Man Wikia!

I'm assuming these are characters that'll be coming to Pac-Man Monsters in the future for the US version, but that Druaga knight looks SO COOL!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I will be sounds too noob if I ask who are they? '-' .. I suppose that can be original characters, but considering how some characters changed in Pac-Man Monsters, I'm not sure if they're old NAMCO characters or sort...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The knight is based on Gilgamesh while the woman is based on Ishtar, both from the Tower of Druaga/Babylonian Castle Saga series.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
The guy up there is... Gilgamesh? from Tower of Druaga.

I think. It's been ages since I've played it.
The knight is based on Gilgamesh
Oooh... Gilgamesh, now I see the resemblance, I forgot about this guy; Never played any of his games, but I remember him in NAMCO X Capcom.
-----
Hey, @ Bauske Bauske ... just for curiosity, .. any chances of Pac-Devil being in Pac-Man Monsters?.. We all know the game is taking all the cast of past Pac-Man games and putting together.. but Pac-Devil seems a character made pretty much just for filling the space in the roster of World Rally... I dunno,....

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
You and all of us as well. :D Also, love the Ike icon. He seriously got one heck of a makeover for Smash 4 and I have to say I think he's one of the best graphical improvements I've seen so far.

Oooh... Gilgamesh, now I see the resemblance, I forgot about this guy; Never played any of his games, but I remember him in NAMCO X Capcom.
-----
Hey, @ Bauske Bauske ... just for curiosity, .. any chances of Pac-Devil being in Pac-Man Monsters?.. We all know the game is taking all the cast of past Pac-Man games and putting together.. but Pac-Devil seems a character made pretty much just for filling the space in the roster of World Rally... I dunno,....
Not that I can think of, but I have seen an awesome demon-like version of Pac which I really like. It's super powerful looking. I'll see if I can get a picture.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The Pac-Man games (traditional and non-traditional) have amazing levels and music. I think a Pac-Man inspired stage would be cool to have, regardless if Pac gets in. If they want to go for something retro and maze-like, I feel a stage inspired from Championship Edition would be very funky and colourful, rather than just having boring, static black & blue colours from the original. Maybe touching a fruit that appears will alter half or some of the maze/platform patterns. But that's just me. I like trippy stages, especially ones that are focused on visuals haha.

Anyone else have some stage ideas? And what games would you prefer the home of Pac to be from?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
A maze stage would most definitely be the coolest they could have. Pac-Man World is also a good choice, but nowhere near as iconic as those glowing blue bars against the black background. The only issue is how to properly have a maze stage that still feels like the classic maze without being claustrophobic.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I realized something.
Just let World / Classic Pac be an alternate costume (maybe with no voice and just sound effects from the original game as an extra touch) and identity crisis averted.

I can now get behind this.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Maybe give the arcade map a Mushroomy Kingdom-style modern day makeover, but instead of wastelandish, make it futuristic and hi-tech to stealth reference Pac-Man Championship.

Anyway, other than colors based off of Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde, how about a dark-dark blue color with white eys to give the appearence of the ghosts when you get a Super Pellet?

Staarih

Smash Master
I definitely think the maze would be the best stage for Pac-Man, it's so iconic. But definitely have it all flashy and hi-tech like in Pac-Man Championship to keep up with today's standards. I would think the fighting would mainly happen up front while the maze would be in the background, but maybe at periodical times the maze would jump up to the front and place the fighters within it for a more limited space to fight in. Or something.

As for alt costumes, I'm definitely up for classic Pac as an alt, if "new" Pac is the default - or the other way round.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
The Maze is the only logical answer. I suppose they could go with Pacopolis, but let's not kid ourselves. Even Namco knows that Pac-Man's most important and iconic game is the original. Namco is a company that tends to value its history a lot, so I doubt they'll shun retro material in favor of Ghostly Adventures, despite how adamant they are to push it. I'm also sure that Namco and Sakurai realize that Pac-Man is quite contested among the fanbase, so if they do include him, they'll mainly pull from his least controversial games.

I too echo the opinion that the maze should take on an aesthetic similar to Championship Edition.

It'd give the location a ton of personality and make it very distinctive, and it'd fit well with the "futuristic" theme that the series seems to be going for nowadays while also keeping things definitively retro. It's the perfect marriage.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Not that I can think of, but I have seen an awesome demon-like version of Pac which I really like. It's super powerful looking. I'll see if I can get a picture.
Okay, show us if you find him or something equivalent... (btw, I always felt that Pac-Devil was a waste of space in World Rally... Taizo Hori was more deserving, instead we got Mr. Driller :T)

The Pac-Man games (traditional and non-traditional) have amazing levels and music. I think a Pac-Man inspired stage would be cool to have, regardless if Pac gets in. If they want to go for something retro and maze-like, I feel a stage inspired from Championship Edition would be very funky and colourful, rather than just having boring, static black & blue colours from the original. Maybe touching a fruit that appears will alter half or some of the maze/platform patterns. But that's just me. I like trippy stages, especially ones that are focused on visuals haha.

Anyone else have some stage ideas? And what games would you prefer the home of Pac to be from?
We had this debate about this before... is definitely expected to be "The Maze "256"" his stage in Smash.. but if were for Pacster get another type of stage, I'd expect Pacopolis from Ghostly Adventures,... and would be a likely choice anyway;... Futuristic cities aren't a common thing in Nintendo franchises (or at least, those already in SmashBros.) and would be nice having one... the music from several past Pac-Man games would fit normally in this thematic, and wouldn't flee of the concept of Pac's post reboot universe (I mean, if we could get a Pac-Man World stage, would make the things much confusing, not matching at all).

But returning about the maze possibility, I wouldn't bother if he gets a claustrophobic stage like "Mario Bros." em Brawl; since I don't play Smash competitively (and not all the stages has this kind of focus, anyway) and this kind of stage would do more justice to the concept of a real maze, and how the classic Pac-Man games were interpreted. =) But sure I also would like some glowing colors like in Championship DX+; would be lovely! ^-^

I realized something.
Just let World / Classic Pac be an alternate costume (maybe with no voice and just sound effects from the original game as an extra touch) and identity crisis averted.
I can now get behind this.
you know, I find this very likely... since Little Mac got an Alt. Skin with his more classic appearance, and he has a fanbase much more satisfied with his modern redesign; Pac, who has some fans with contradictory opinions about his modern appearence, would be totally has his classic form in his alt skin. (and I'd be totally okay with this, even liking the modern as well)

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I don't even get the disdain for the Anniversary look either, it's just the World look with colored eyes and more detailed shoes. Is it really different enough to matter? <As someone that's pro-anniversary, FWIW>

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't even get the disdain for the Anniversary look either, it's just the World look with colored eyes and more detailed shoes. Is it really different enough to matter? <As someone that's pro-anniversary, FWIW>
It's the voice man.

The voice.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
It's the voice man.

The voice.
his voice in Ghostly Adventures? fits to him, normally, nothing wrong really. People just searches a thing to complain, in fact.. "I don't like how he's blinking" ... >->. ...anyway ...
Guys, it's your lucky day:
It's really nice! but sadly, I believe it's fake as well... I wouldn't say that is the Pac-Man Party artwork as posted above, but it's very easy to photoshop kind of photo... I mean, if the "leaker" wanted to show something "new"... why not show the Pacster icon clearly?.. We could at least verify the artwork, if it's new or a montage... Well, at least is nice to see people putting effort in these, but we'll get our confirmation very soon... no need to worry, imo. =)

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm in the camp that would prefer Pac-Man have no voice.
This. So far, his voices have included "chain-smoking used car salesman/default Marty Ingels" (Hanna Barbera cartoon), "so average it's boring" (Pac-Man World 3), and "hormonally-stressed out child" (Ghostly Adventures). The only voice he's ever had that I think has worked is the one in SFxT, and it works mostly because it's not accompanied by any real dialogue.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It's fake.

This. So far, his voices have included chain-smoking used car salesman/default Marty Ingels (Hanna Barbera cartoon), "so average it's boring" (Pac-Man World 3), and "hormonally-stressed out child" (Ghostly Adventures). The only voice he's ever had that I think has worked is the one in SFxT, and it works mostly because it's not accompanied by any real dialogue.
I think that's similar to what they were going for with the Ghostly Adventures voice, but I'll agree it is a bit more teenager in tone than the SFxT/Pac-Man Party voice. I actually wouldn't mind the SFxT/Pac-Man Party voice at all, but I'd still like him to say a few things, especially in the victory screen.

Top Bottom