• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the Japanese Game Gear Pac-Man box art?

Just look at that dapper Pac-Man with the bowtie.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Oh man, the SFXT/P-M Party voice was awesome, Debi Derryberry, everyone! In a perfect world, they would bring her back for Smash 4, if they don't use the GA voice or have him go voiceless.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This. So far, his voices have included chain-smoking used car salesman/default Marty Ingels (Hanna Barbera cartoon), "so average it's boring" (Pac-Man World 3), and "hormonally-stressed out child" (Ghostly Adventures). The only voice he's ever had that I think has worked is the one in SFxT, and it works mostly because it's not accompanied by any real dialogue.
Debi Derryberry, is the name of his voice actress in Street Fighter X Tekken, she voiced him also in Pac-Man Party, and Everybody's Golf 6... in his "Ghostly Adventures incarnation", Debi voiced him in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, but could be duo a rushed western port, since in the JPN version in the game, he's voiced by Yuka Terasaki, his japanese voice actress in Pac-World.

it's curious that, actually, Debi was planed to make his voice as well in the TV Show.. but I dunno why they changed;
in any case, I'm in favor of his current voice;

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Debi Derryberry, is the name of his voice actress in Street Fighter X Tekken, she voiced him also in Pac-Man Party, and Everybody's Golf 6... in his "Ghostly Adventures incarnation", Debi voiced him in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, but could be duo a rushed western port, since in the JPN version in the game, he's voiced by Yuka Terasaki, his japanese voice actress in Pac-World.

it's curious that, actually, Debi was planed to make his voice as well in the TV Show.. but I dunno why they changed;
in any case, I'm in favor of his current voice;
I'm so happy they made the show better than that trailer. I remember watching that trailer and groaning so much. I mean, it's Pac-Man, and I wanted to like it, but that trailer is just so horrendously bad. Sir C. saying "My bad!" and the timing on the jokes and everything just feels so awful. I'm glad the actual show ended up better than that.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
yeah, I agree! ^^. ... but there are some things in this trailer that I wanted (or I wouldn't be bothered at all) to stay in the actual show... like Sir C. refering to the "Power Berries" as "Power Pallets", ..The intermission scene remake in the end could be a very nice thing to pass during the commercials at TV.

Debi voice was good too, but, as I said, I prefer the current. =)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The voice of Pac-Man in Ghostly Adventures? I like it. ;___; Except the episode where he sings. I wanted to throw things at my monitor.
I really didn't mind Pac-Man's voice in Ghostly Adventures, expect the episode where he sings, and when he turned into a planet (he sounded like an old man).
his voice in Ghostly Adventures? fits to him, normally, nothing wrong really. People just searches a thing to complain, in fact.. "I don't like how he's blinking" ... >->. ...anyway ...
It doesn't fit the name of Pac-Man.

If he was Pac-Man Junior, I'd be fine with it. But he isn't Junior, he's the actual Pac-Man. It just doesn't fit the character in my opinion. I'd prefer some sound effects from the Arcade have that be it for the character's voice.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

If he was Pac-Man Junior, I'd be fine with it. But he isn't Junior, he's the actual Pac-Man. It just doesn't fit the character in my opinion. I'd prefer some sound effects from the Arcade have that be it for the character's voice.
Actually, he IS Junior, at least according to the lore. Pac-Man in the show is the implied son of the original Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man. That's why in the show they often refer to him as Pacster or just Pac. They rarely refer to him as Pac-Man.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Actually, he IS Junior, at least according to the lore. Pac-Man in the show is the implied son of the original Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man. That's why in the show they often refer to him as Pacster or just Pac. They rarely refer to him as Pac-Man.
Then I am somewhat okay with this.

aem has gotta learn the lore of his wanted characters

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Then I am somewhat okay with this.

aem has gotta learn the lore of his wanted characters
Exactly. The classic Pac-Man and Ghostly Adventures Pac are, in reality, two different characters. And I think that's what leads to a lot of dislike for GA Pac-Man. People assume he's supposed to be the original, as though Namco regressed him through time or something, but that's actually not true. They rebooted the series with a "new" character and a new history. It's actually really well done, which doesn't surprise me since the plot is written by Avi Arad, the chief creative officer at Marvel Entertainment. How friggin' sweet is that?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Pacster is a Pac Man Jr.? Mind = Blown
Essentially, yes. Well, more like Pac-Baby. They never actually refer to his mom and dad as the original Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man, but it's implied. I suppose we'll find out more in season two when it starts. The big reveal at the end of season one was...

... Pac's parents were still alive.

Also, here's a pic of his dad and mom.

His mom even has Ms. Pac-Man's famous lipstick and beauty mark, although his dad doesn't look anything like classic Pac-Man.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Hmm, GA Pac-Man is a decendant of the original arcade character...where have I seen this before...
Oh yeah, now I remember!

Cranky Kong vs Pac-Man Sr. gogogo

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
We need some music from Pac-Mania to make it in!.. The first one sounds like what the Ghostly Adventures show's theme is based off of and the second just sounds so lax and loungey.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Bomberman, Rayman and Mega Man... all of them have "man" in their names, but they aren't real men.. and their voices (through the years, between a lot of voice actors/actress) aren't reflecting adults as well.. but yes teenagers, kids and even *ahem* girly in some way... there's no real problem with that, since they're all mascots.. they don't need to sound like a 40 years old man.
--and btw, the worst voice acting of Pac-Man, imo, was the one that he sounded like an adult man, in Pac-Man World 3.. geez... (the funny thing is that, when he gets hit, an "aw!" in, more or less, the same tone of his Pac-Man Party voice is heard,.. lol).

and another thing is.. (thanks to a reconsideration on the subject), NAMCO already has done a childish voice for him, even before his reboot;

ahm.. Bauske, this was really confirmed?.. 'cause, I never saw anything really consistent about that (actually, I ask gently, a source of this)... The only one, in fact, I saw saying something was Mike Chang (the NAMCO Bandai's marketing manager).. and he kinda talked with very little property, and not went too deep... and in any case, he was doing the marketing for the G.A. game, and nothing like that was cited in the show (or in the pre-marketing for the show). ... I actually don't consider this as a thing; since Zac and Sunny don't have any resemblence with the original Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man.. and both seems to be done for not having the relation with them, as well.
-- A reboot, after all, is for change things... and, Pac had his role and age modified in favor of a new public, the kids.. people who got used to have Pac as a family man, are already growed.. and don't need too much effort from NAMCO's part to make them love Pac. =)

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Wait what, the GA Pac isn't supposed to be the actual Pac-Man? Less of a reason to have that in Smash then hahaha, gimme classic Pac!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
actually, citation is needed. but the "classic" Pac-Man isn't the target of marketing of NAMCO Bandai nowadays, at the best we can get a Alt. skin with this look. Not cheering against, of course (and this would please me a lot, actually), I'm just expecting his current look anyway.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I don't take a position in the GA vs Pac-Man World arguement, because I'm certain one or the other will be an alt.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't take a position in the GA vs Pac-Man World arguement, because I'm certain one or the other will be an alt.
yeah, that's for sure. I don't have any doubts of this.... in any case, I also would be happy with him in any form in the game (since be as a playable character =P)... maybe NAMCO really considers Pacster being descendant of the original Pac-Man, but essentially, both are "the Pac-Man" of their respective times, representing the same thing, and both capable to handle with the legacy. =)

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I just consider Pac-Man a legacy character. I don't care about series lore and continuity in a franchise like Pac-Man, of all things. To me, whether we get the classic design or the GA design, it'll still be just a general representation of Pac-Man overall. It's the same logic I use in not caring whether Solid or Naked Snake is playable.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yep, is what I always say.. and this applies for every character in Smash without exception. I just want my favorite mascot in this game!
GO, PAC-MAN!

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of Pacman's voice, I'm cool with him having his Ghostly Adventures or Pacman Party voice. Of course him being voiceless and just making classic arcade sounds would be great too. I actually hated his GA voice when I first heard it in the trailer, but for some reason when the show came out I grew to like it.

@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia I have Everybody's Golf 6 and Pacman isn't voiced by Debi Derryberry, he just makes classic arcade sounds. =)

It's disappointing that Pacman is only available for dlc in the Japanese version.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia I have Everybody's Golf 6 and Pacman isn't voiced by Debi Derryberry, he just makes classic arcade sounds. =)
Oh, my mistake, I thought that Pac was voiced by her in this game... I swear that I saw her listed as Pac-Man in this game on "Behind The Voice Actors" site... anyway, was easy to assume that, since he is with his Pac-Man Party design, the one which her debuted as his voice.

Last edited:

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Been lurking around here for almost 2 years now. Figured I would just finally create an account to say that Pac Man has the deepest lore.

And I'm in favor of him becoming a playable character in Smash 4.:colorful:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Found this on 4chan while I was looking into the CSS leak that flooded the boards this weekend. I thought this was a really interesting piece of information in regards to Pac-Man. I'm putting it behind a spoiler tag because it's a SUPER long image, so I didn't want people to be mad they had to scroll past it. xD

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't like IGN's work for numerous reasons.. but, was nice for their part making this; (though this being a little outdated and missing a lot of important information such as Pac-Man becoming one of the "Classic NES Series" on the GBA, but anyway); but a site of this size making something like this, at least, makes people more aware of Pac-Man's chances being in Smash4. =)

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Found this on 4chan while I was looking into the CSS leak that flooded the boards this weekend. I thought this was a really interesting piece of information in regards to Pac-Man. I'm putting it behind a spoiler tag because it's a SUPER long image, so I didn't want people to be mad they had to scroll past it. xD

Simply beautiful. I wish the haters on Miiverse could get it through their thick heads and think with logic for once. And if that doesn't work they should read this and think with their hearts. *sniff* I'm not crying, I just have a power pellet in my eye.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Simply beautiful. I wish the haters on Miiverse could get it through their thick heads and think with logic for once. And if that doesn't work they should read this and think with their hearts. *sniff* I'm not crying, I just have a power pellet in my eye.
Don't worry WVdUde, .. the most satisfying thing will be picking Pac-Man against those haters ONline in Smash4, and kick all them! 8D

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I did not know that Namco and Nintendo had a bit of a falling out, learn something new everyday.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
All of this for a character almost no one really cared for(emphasize almost) until it was announced Namco was developing the game. ;)

I try to stay away from PacMan support threads or posts, not beacuse I do not want him because I do. While I really appreciate all of the respect and passion and love those fans have for the character, it's all the passion and respect and the love of the character that has unfortuantely led me to very uncomfortable situations regarding the most passionate fans. So far this looks like a good old PacMan support thread.

While I would not necessarily mind if he was not included and I would be fine if another Namco rep was choosen, I believe Pac is the most deserving .I do hope that Sakurai can create a truly unique PacMan moveset though.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

I saw this a long time ago actually. I do love how this quickly explains the history between namco and nintendo.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
All of this for a character almost no one really cared for(emphasize almost) until it was announced Namco was developing the game. ;)

I try to stay away from PacMan support threads or posts, not beacuse I do not want him because I do. While I really appreciate all of the respect and passion and love those fans have for the character, it's all the passion and respect and the love of the character that has unfortuantely led me to very uncomfortable situations regarding the most passionate fans. So far this looks like a good old PacMan support thread.

While I would not necessarily mind if he was not included and I would be fine if another Namco rep was choosen, I believe Pac is the most deserving .I do hope that Sakurai can create a truly unique PacMan moveset though.
I'm not sure if I understand your position about Pac's inclusion in Smash4,.. but regardless, if you're positive about it, it's nice to know. =P

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I suppose Pac-Man being revealed at E3 and then available at demos would be a strong way of seeing what's Pac-Man's deal.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't believe that the characters announced at E3 this year will be playable in the demos.. at the best, I think will be only the original 8, Pit and Mega Man. The rest, will remain characters exclusives in the final version...

EDIT: Oh, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer too.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't believe that the characters announced at E3 this year will be playable in the demos.. at the best, I think will be only the original 8, Pit and Mega Man. The rest, will remain characters exclusives in the final version...

EDIT: Oh, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer too.
Which makes absolutely no sense from both a design and advertisement standpoint.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Which makes absolutely no sense from both a design and advertisement standpoint.
I don't think so,.. this would hold more curiosity to try all the newcomers just in the final release;
but who knows?...I'm actually expecting a tiny roster with 5 or 6 stages avaiable in the demo.

Top Bottom