• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Patra seems like she could be a pretty neat character. Wouldn't mind her becoming a regular in the series, especially if they're going to continue making platformers. I could see her serving as a playable character in a co-operative gameplay style.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If I have them, I can get a screenshot easy enough. If I've seen them from other players and what not, it's harder to get a screenshot of because they don't show up in my collection list unless I've actually owned them, and some are pretty rare and hard to get. Just let me know which ones you wanna see and if I see them, I'll try to remember to grab a screenshot.
In order of want:

Galaga
Anubis (Rex)
Killer Frog
Patra
Woofa
Knight Pac
Galaxip
Lady Pac Fighter
Fairy Queen
Wizard Pac

I suspect that Knight Pac is a reference to Sir Pac-a-Lot, that the Fairy Queen is the Fairy Queen from Pac-Land, that Wizard Pac is a reference to the creator of the golden fruit, and that Lady Pac Fighter may be a reference to Ms. Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I just want a 3d model for Dig-Dug Characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is how I would do Pac-Man & Namco trophies:

Pac-Man
Power Pellet (Final Smash)

Ms. Pac-Man
Jr. Pac-Man
Baby Pac-Man
Professor Pac-Man
Chomp-Chomp
Miru (Pac & Pal)

Ghost Gang (8-bit)
Ghost Bus (Pac-Land; Smash Run)
Ghost Car (Pac-Land; Smash Run)
Ghost Pogo (Pac-Land; Smash Run)
Ghost UFO (Pac-Land; Smash Run)
Spooky

Hang Glider (Pac-Man 2)
Pac-Dots
Pac-Man (arcade cabinet)

S Flag
Dig Dug
Galaga
Mappy
Ms. Pac-Man (8-bit)
Rally-X
SkyKid
Xevious

I don't really want to bring myself to include characters from the Ghostly Adventures cartoon since they did originate in the cartoon instead of video games.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
CyberWolf being epic again.
Thanks a lot, friend! ^^

Dude! DUDE! Once again, completely epic. These look fantastic and the references are great. There are actually a ton more trophies they could use for Pac-Man, so many in fact it's really hard to just pick a few, but I think you did a great job!
Thanks, dude! 0/... yeah, it's hard to pick just 14 things between characters and other stuff in so many games and great memories from the Pac's story. XD.. but glad you liked. =)

Also, just as a side reference, but Patra is in Pac-Man Monsters as well. :D
Woah, this is surprising! Didn't expect this, for real. :D

I don't really want to bring myself to include characters from the Ghostly Adventures cartoon since they did originate in the cartoon instead of video games.
it's really a special case, though; The TV Show was made for introduce the new concept for the games follow (in fact, I remember NAMCO stated that a game with the concept of the reboot was planed to be released before the TV Show, and we get Pac-Man Party instead, which prepared the things with the update of visuals and discarding some characters); in any case, we can already point several games that the G.A. characters already appeared, if this is any requirement to make them "videogame characters" =P... Pac-Man Museum is a good example, btw.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
In order of want:

Galaga
Anubis (Rex)
Killer Frog
Patra
Woofa
Knight Pac
Galaxip
Lady Pac Fighter
Fairy Queen
Wizard Pac

I suspect that Knight Pac is a reference to Sir Pac-a-Lot, that the Fairy Queen is the Fairy Queen from Pac-Land, that Wizard Pac is a reference to the creator of the golden fruit, and that Lady Pac Fighter may be a reference to Ms. Pac-Man.
Well in the other post I made, the one with Spooky, I showed off three you mentioned here, those being the Galaga, Galaxip, and Lady Pac Fighter. Here, I'll relink them.

That's what they look like, listed in that exact order. They all have an evolution as well which makes them look more complex, and the Lady Pac Fighter looks like Ms. Pac-Man from the Hanna Barbara cartoon in it's evolved state. I don't have a picture of the Galaga alien when it evolves yet, but it looks much the same. The other two are here.

The top two are Explosion Galaxip and Space Lady Pac Fighter. The bottom two are Brave Pac and Wizard Pac. Brave Pac is what you get for beating the game's main story the first time (which I've already done). I know he doesn't look like Sir Pac-A-Lot, but I honestly haven't seen anything that looks similar to him except a water-based knight which I don't have in my collection yet. Working on it. The Wizard Pac is called exactly that, but it doesn't look like the same character from Pac-Man World 2, nor even close. Just a typical wizard, really.

As for the rest, let's see. I've seen Anubis Rex and Killer Frog. I don't remember Anubis Rex very well, other than it looked like a Sphinx monument, but with an Anubis head. Killer Frog I've seen a couple times, and I definitely got excited seeing that one, as it's an obvious reference to Pac-Man World 2. I'll take a screenshot of both when I next see them.

As for Patra, she's the main image when you go to the shop, so she was easty to get a screenshot of.

I'll agree, I like her. She's super adorable, and I'd love it if she were more prominent in Pac-Man games. For Woofa, I haven't seen him at all yet. Maybe I just didn't recognize him, but again, if I see him, I'll screenshot it for you.

That's all I got for now. Also, sorry for the image spam, but if anyone takes issue with it, please say so and I'll start putting this stuff behind spoiler tags. I honestly don't mind at all. :)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Owwn, I really liked how Patra looks in this game... and this is a very rare exception for me. :p... she's really adorable, and they didn't ruin her. :3... I agree with @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles , I would love to see her in more games, even playable in a platform one; ... hope that NAMCO puts her somehow in the new universe. :3

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I really love everything about the style in this game. They gave a lot of personality to nearly every single character, even if they are just a still frame picture rather than animated. But the little touches make me so happy. Like the ones I've noticed about the Pac people.

Fire/Red Pacs have thick eyebrows
Tree/Green Pacs have eyelash type things in their eyes
Water/Blue Pacs have long noses like the classic Puck-Man
Dark/Purple Pacs have wild, wiggly eyebrows (see the picture of Wizard Pac above)
Light/White Pacs have hair, like little tufts of it between the eyes

It's a small thing, but it makes it feel like each type of Pac people belong to a specific race of Pacs, which is just a cool little touch.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
and hey, for those who were dissatisfied with "Pac is Back" from the G.A. show opening, try the Japanese version: "Pac this World"; ... much, SO MUCH better (as well the selection of scenes);
I know that for many, this will not affect their opinions about the cartoon, but it's something worth to show, since we're all Pac-fans in way or another ^^. .. I cheering for the success of the show in Japan, and I'm excited for the 2nd season in the west.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well in the other post I made, the one with Spooky, I showed off three you mentioned here, those being the Galaga, Galaxip, and Lady Pac Fighter. Here, I'll relink them.

That's what they look like, listed in that exact order. They all have an evolution as well which makes them look more complex, and the Lady Pac Fighter looks like Ms. Pac-Man from the Hanna Barbara cartoon in it's evolved state. I don't have a picture of the Galaga alien when it evolves yet, but it looks much the same. The other two are here.

The top two are Explosion Galaxip and Space Lady Pac Fighter. The bottom two are Brave Pac and Wizard Pac. Brave Pac is what you get for beating the game's main story the first time (which I've already done). I know he doesn't look like Sir Pac-A-Lot, but I honestly haven't seen anything that looks similar to him except a water-based knight which I don't have in my collection yet. Working on it. The Wizard Pac is called exactly that, but it doesn't look like the same character from Pac-Man World 2, nor even close. Just a typical wizard, really.

As for the rest, let's see. I've seen Anubis Rex and Killer Frog. I don't remember Anubis Rex very well, other than it looked like a Sphinx monument, but with an Anubis head. Killer Frog I've seen a couple times, and I definitely got excited seeing that one, as it's an obvious reference to Pac-Man World 2. I'll take a screenshot of both when I next see them.

As for Patra, she's the main image when you go to the shop, so she was easty to get a screenshot of.

I'll agree, I like her. She's super adorable, and I'd love it if she were more prominent in Pac-Man games. For Woofa, I haven't seen him at all yet. Maybe I just didn't recognize him, but again, if I see him, I'll screenshot it for you.

That's all I got for now. Also, sorry for the image spam, but if anyone takes issue with it, please say so and I'll start putting this stuff behind spoiler tags. I honestly don't mind at all. :)
<3 Thank you so much. Patra looks great. I'd love to see her reprise her role as shopkeeper or something in other games.

I was under the impression that that was the Galaxian and that the Galaga was a different entity entirely. My mistake.

I do think all of the designs are great even if they aren't what I thought they might be.

Here are images of Anubis Rex, Killer Frog, and Woofa, in that order. Just for reference.

Do the first two look basically like they do in those images?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
<3 Thank you so much. Patra looks great. I'd love to see her reprise her role as shopkeeper or something in other games.

I was under the impression that that was the Galaxian and that the Galaga was a different entity entirely. My mistake.

I do think all of the designs are great even if they aren't what I thought they might be.

Here are images of Anubis Rex, Killer Frog, and Woofa, in that order. Just for reference.

Do the first two look basically like they do in those images?
Yup! It's been a long time since I've seen Anubis Rex, so I had forgotten what he looked like, but basically he looks exactly the same. And Killer Frog is all blue now, with Inky riding on it's back. If Woofa is in the game, I havne't seen him yet, but like I said, I'll take a screenshot any time I do see him or any of the others. :3

and hey, for those who were dissatisfied with "Pac is Back" from the G.A. show opening, try the Japanese version: "Pac this World"; ... much, SO MUCH better (as well the selection of scenes);
I know that for many, this will not affect their opinions about the cartoon, but it's something worth to show, since we're all Pac-fans in way or another ^^. .. I cheering for the success of the show in Japan, and I'm excited for the 2nd season in the west.
Hmm... I actually... don't like it. Which is weird to say, since I hate the "Pac Is Back" song, but I hate it because of the lyrics, not because of the music itself. The actual song is pretty cool and upbeat, which fits the show pretty well. The lyrics are just... awful, don't rhyme, and feel really thoughtless. Had they actually taken the time to write some decent lyrics to go with the opening theme but kept the same music, I think it would be much better.

This Japanese one feels very Japanese, which sounds odd to say, but I know they definitely have to theme certain things to appeal to certain audiences (angry Kirby, anyone?). So while it may appeal more to their audience over there, it feels kinda hollow to me and lackluster. I dunno. To each their own, I suppose!

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yup! It's been a long time since I've seen Anubis Rex, so I had forgotten what he looked like, but basically he looks exactly the same. And Killer Frog is all blue now, with Inky riding on it's back. If Woofa is in the game, I havne't seen him yet, but like I said, I'll take a screenshot any time I do see him or any of the others. :3
So, Pac-Man Monsters is more an attempt to make tribute for everything related of Pac-Man; ... and there is updates frequently, isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if they reach the G.A. era too;.. I mean, if the game is going that far, with Pac-Man Party references and all.. maybe even the Mokujin-bot could appear somehow. XD (A thing that managed to have my sympathy, after all).
Hmm... I actually... don't like it. Which is weird to say, since I hate the "Pac Is Back" song, but I hate it because of the lyrics, not because of the music itself. The actual song is pretty cool and upbeat, which fits the show pretty well. The lyrics are just... awful, don't rhyme, and feel really thoughtless. Had they actually taken the time to write some decent lyrics to go with the opening theme but kept the same music, I think it would be much better.

This Japanese one feels very Japanese, which sounds odd to say, but I know they definitely have to theme certain things to appeal to certain audiences (angry Kirby, anyone?). So while it may appeal more to their audience over there, it feels kinda hollow to me and lackluster. I dunno. To each their own, I suppose!
well, the "Pac This World!!!" definitely is too japanese! XD... but I liked, ... the rhythm principally; there's the full song on the same account on YT, I recommend to check.. maybe you can change your mind while listening the 8-Bit part. =P

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Really, I can't thank you enough. Especially for the new avatar, seeing how Daitoryo's dead.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So, Pac-Man Monsters is more an attempt to make tribute for everything related of Pac-Man; ... and there is updates frequently, isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if they reach the G.A. era too;.. I mean, if the game is going that far, with Pac-Man Party references and all.. maybe even the Mokujin-bot could appear somehow. XD (A thing that managed to have my sympathy, after all).
So long as they don't put in that terrifying teddy bear character from Pac-Man Party, I'll be okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OkDqNicxm5o#t=1874

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I really love everything about the style in this game. They gave a lot of personality to nearly every single character, even if they are just a still frame picture rather than animated. But the little touches make me so happy. Like the ones I've noticed about the Pac people.

Fire/Red Pacs have thick eyebrows
Tree/Green Pacs have eyelash type things in their eyes
Water/Blue Pacs have long noses like the classic Puck-Man
Dark/Purple Pacs have wild, wiggly eyebrows (see the picture of Wizard Pac above)
Light/White Pacs have hair, like little tufts of it between the eyes

It's a small thing, but it makes it feel like each type of Pac people belong to a specific race of Pacs, which is just a cool little touch.
I agree. There's so much effort put into fan-service and world-building in this game. I'm surprised (and disappointed) they didn't channel this effort into a 3DS or Vita game. I'd love to see this game's character design, world, and art style become the series standard. It seems to have a lot more variety and depth than the GA world.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Oh man! Pac-Man Monsters has a much more appealing world than Ghostly Adventures. Never liked that boring Jetson's city. Pac-Man should live in a magical fantasy land in my opinion.

Yeah whoever was in charge of the art direction for Monsters should be in charge of the style in all future games.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Wow, so much cool stuff in this thread since yesterday, thank you for all of this guys! I'm still in love with the artwork/design of Pac-Man Monsters, not sure on the whole world and idea of it, seems a bit complicated to my taste, but the way the characters look etc are very appealing to me. Also, looking at the trophies @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia made, I'm surprised to see how much they all blend in within a "universe" of their own (I always got a feeling that the Pac-Man games were a bit here and there, separate from each other, nothing to tie them together). I wish they'd continue to utilize lots of the characters from Pac-Man games in newer games and eventually create a continual, stable, organized and fun universe for Pac-Man.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh man, that picture of Pac-Man riding a modified Galaga ship is just amazing, all those Namco references are too much to handle.

Now I really want to see him use the ship and Dig Dug's pump in some way in Smash, the three games are so closely tied...

I'm still absolutely in love with the artstyle they used for the game, everything just looks so great and I want to see more of it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh man, that picture of Pac-Man riding a modified Galaga ship is just amazing, all those Namco references are too much to handle.

Now I really want to see him use the ship and Dig Dug's pump in some way in Smash, the three games are so closely tied...

I'm still absolutely in love with the artstyle they used for the game, everything just looks so great and I want to see more of it.

Not the first time something like this has happened, either :p

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
just for note; I'll record my reactions to Nintendo's E3 Digital Event; ... I usually don't do those things, but, considering the huge possibility of Pac begin revealed there, I'll like to have a recording of myself in the moment XD. Btw, will be in portuguese (since I'm Brazilian), but I'll make sure to put english subtitles. =P

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So @ Pacack Pacack , I managed to snap a picture of the Killer Frog last night from Pac-Man Monsters. It does have an evolved form, but I don't have that one on record yet, so this one will have to do for now.

I also managed to actually get Spooky in my inventory, so yay! I have him as a party member now! But he doesn't start out the way he looked when I first showed you. That's his evolved form. His pre-evolved form actually looks more like regular Spooky, which I like. He even has the dead Pac-Man on his chestplate.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So @ Pacack Pacack , I managed to snap a picture of the Killer Frog last night from Pac-Man Monsters. It does have an evolved form, but I don't have that one on record yet, so this one will have to do for now.

I also managed to actually get Spooky in my inventory, so yay! I have him as a party member now! But he doesn't start out the way he looked when I first showed you. That's his evolved form. His pre-evolved form actually looks more like regular Spooky, which I like. He even has the dead Pac-Man on his chestplate.

I love it. Spooky looks great and they stayed fairly faithful to the design. I hope this isn't the last we see of him. He could easily be the big baddie of a fantasy Pac-World when the do that again.

@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia Are you good at messing with models yourself? If so, could you go here and get the model in a basic pose like the Pac-Man Monsters design so we can compare colors? It's notoriously difficult to get a good image of him colored.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
To be honest, I actually really prefer the Pac-Man Monsters design of Spooky over the Pac-Man World 2 design. He looks far more intimidating and stylized. It's perfect.

Seriously, Pac-Man Monsters is one of my favorite Pac-Man games of all time, design-wise. It's absolutely beautiful and the character designs are perfection. I sincerely hope that Namco makes use of these designs in the future and creates a 3DS or console game based around it, even if it's the exact same principle expanded to a less free-to-play ideal. A full RPG with Pac-Man characters like this would be the best thing ever.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
To be honest, I actually really prefer the Pac-Man Monsters design of Spooky over the Pac-Man World 2 design. He looks far more intimidating and stylized. It's perfect.

Seriously, Pac-Man Monsters is one of my favorite Pac-Man games of all time, design-wise. It's absolutely beautiful and the character designs are perfection. I sincerely hope that Namco makes use of these designs in the future and creates a 3DS or console game based around it, even if it's the exact same principle expanded to a less free-to-play ideal. A full RPG with Pac-Man characters like this would be the best thing ever.
I prefer the armor of Spooky in Pac-Man Monsters, but I prefer the general body shape of World 2.

A 3DS game with these designs would be amazing.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I think what I really like about Pac-Man Monsters is that there seems to have been this stigma in the past that since Pac-Man was a simplistic character, everything had to be simplistic in design. Which, in some cases, stands true, but looking back on the designs for Pac-Man World 2 and Pac-Man World Rally and comparing them to newer designs and, again, Pac-Man Monsters, it's almost... boring. Everything looks so plain and simple. It lacks detail or any sort of pizazz to make it feel unique and less generic.

It's a sad truth. Back when I was playing the PS2 Pac-Man games, I adored them, but now looking back, I'm almost completely turned off from their graphics. And I guess in some way it helps me see why other people would look at it and groan. I remember people and reviewers back then saying the games looked simple and basic, but I didn't get it. Bias clouded my view, I suppose.

I'm not saying the old games were bad. I'm saying that just because Pac-Man was a simple character doesn't mean his world and characters have to lack flair or design integrity. The Pac-Man Monsters version of Spooky still looks simple, but it has little touches that make it stand out: The angular horns, the rivets on the armor, the little row of spikes on his helmet. All of these things are minor, but add that extra touch of detail that, to me, make him stand out as far more unique than the versions we've seen before. Whether he were to be more stout like the PMM version or tall like the Pac-Man World 2 version wouldn't matter too much. It's more about the attention to those details that takes a character from generic to appealing.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I suppose it's the uninspiring execution that caused Pac-Man to gain the stigma of being a washed out mascot.
That may be it. But then again, they've done some new designs to the Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man and his world, and that hasn't been as well received. Well, not by Pac-Man fans, any way. It's made a lot of new fans, which is something.

But yes, to a degree, I agree with you. While other characters like Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man have evolved, Pac-Man has always been kind of stagnant, which I think led a lot of others to belive they were just trying to capitalize on his iconicness rather than making genuinely good games. Had they done something like Pac-Man Monsters' design years ago, maybe there wouldn't be such a negative view of him as a character.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I've never really seen Pac-Man as all that "washed out" in the sense that I feel like he's never really lost any value. Compared to a character like Sonic, that spent the better part of a decade starring in mostly atrocious games, Pac-Man has always cropped up much more sporadically, and usually has something of at least decent quality to give us. Even the bad Pac-Man games don't really detract from his overall significance, so I find it hard to think of Pac-Man very lowly. While his very recent output is starting to get to the point where I can consider him "washed out", he's not quite at that point. Sonic reached it years ago. The way I see it is that since Pac-Man has always stayed close to his roots, he hasn't really fallen from grace. Characters like Sonic (and many other mascots) have lost their way and have tried to reinvent themselves so often that they really have been washed out, whether they've had their personalities bleached or their gameplay reinvented in obvious denial of the fact that they've run out of ideas. I just find it easier to "respect" IPs that don't try to stray too far from the branch (Pac-Man) than those that are so lost in direction that they turn into something they were never meant to be.

That all being said, I think that Pac-Man could do to reinvent itself (without sacrificing what already works), but this brings me back to a point I've stressed in the past: Ghostly Adventures isn't the way to do it. This Monsters game is much closer to how I think they should go about it. That's just my opinion, of course. I understand that there are reasons Namco's trying out the approach they've gone with.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I've been working on some classic arcade Pac-Man sprites in the style of Ghostly Adventures. This is my first try at GA Pac-Man. What do you all think. If you like any of the sprites you can use them in icons. If I lik these well enough I will make other arcade-style Pacs, like Pac-Man World Pac and Hanna-Barbera Pac.

P.S. If there is any theme that I'd like to be in this game it'd be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd1vAqSX5uY It just feels so fitting and sums up Pac-Man so well!

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia Are you good at messing with models yourself? If so, could you go here and get the model in a basic pose like the Pac-Man Monsters design so we can compare colors? It's notoriously difficult to get a good image of him colored.
I could do, dude;.. but I just use models on XNALara, and those models from Models Resource doesn't work in this software; .. My friend on DeviantArt LexaKiness converted the G.A. model for me; ..I'll see if she's not too busy, and then, I'll ask to convert the Pac-Man World Rally model as well. =)

Hey guys, I've been working on some classic arcade Pac-Man sprites in the style of Ghostly Adventures. This is my first try at GA Pac-Man. What do you all think. If you like any of the sprites you can use them in icons. If I lik these well enough I will make other arcade-style Pacs, like Pac-Man World Pac and Hanna-Barbera Pac.
P.S. If there is any theme that I'd like to be in this game it'd be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd1vAqSX5uY It just feels so fitting and sums up Pac-Man so well!
very good start, friend... depending the style of sprite you're trying to do, I'd recommend avoid pillow shading. and I completely agree about the music choice! XD

----And, btw guys... I was bored, I resolved to make something for the inside joke :awesome:

Terrible proportions, though
PS: Pac from Pac-Man Monsters is here, gift for you guys. =P

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
I could do, dude;.. but I just use models on XNALara, and those models from Models Resource doesn't work in this software; .. My friend on DeviantArt LexaKiness converted the G.A. model for me; ..I'll see if she's not too busy, and then, I'll ask to convert the Pac-Man World Rally model as well. =)

very good start, friend... depending the style of sprite you're trying to do, I'd recommend avoid pillow shading. and I completely agree about the music choice! XD

----And, btw guys... I was bored, I resolved to make something for the inside joke :awesome:

Terrible proportions, though
PS: Pac from Pac-Man Monsters is here, gift for you guys. =P
Lol, thanks. Here's another sprite of GA (Looks more like Pac-Man Party) Blinky. Again sorry for the pillow shading, I'll try to not do that next time. And sorry for the big sizes, it won't let me post a smaller image from my Twitter account.

And I really like your joke drawing, and the proportions are pretty much okay. The further away the Pacs are the smaller they get.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, guys, I'm nominating the concept "Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man" in the Rate Their Chances Thread and I want to get it rated before E3. Can some of you guys help me by visiting the RTC thread and doing a quick rating with nominations for him?

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
Pac-Man has got to be in it! And they could take inspiration for his moveset from his appearances in Pac-Man dash, Ghostly Adventures and Pac-Man World.
I explain a lot of it in a video of mine for anyone that's interested...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
@ TheSkuxxedOne TheSkuxxedOne
coincidentally, I already saw this video. =P... I say good job, but I see Pac-Man getting more references from Pac-Man World series than anything in his moveset... sure, at least some attack or animation based in Ghostly Adventures he could have... as the "Boo!" move with sounding waves (which I think is pretty cool, btw); but taking reference the historic of characters in SmashBros., Sakurai seems to like to pull classic references more than modern.. I mean, Mario has the F.L.U.D.D. and DK has his bongos, but is a small percentage between most of their moves (and those things are more to have SOME reference, at least, from modern incarnations, while most are from classics), soundeffects and animations, most based on their classic games.. While I'm pretty confident that NAMCO naturally would choose Pac as he currently looks (with all his universe implicated around him, as musics, maybe stage, trophies, etc), the moves is a thing apart... just looking for Samus or Sonic, we see how much Sakurai takes care with passion of the legacy of each character; ...

It's never too much to repeat that; Capcom, considered nowadays one of the worst gaming companies (not really in my opinion, though), managed to reach a great result with Pacster in SFxTK, with all he needed to have (modern look, personality, 8-Bit SFXs, classic references in moves, and more), why Sakurai, the genius behind of one of the best Nintendo tributes we got (and ocasionally, third party companies too) every generation would spoil the most famous videogame icon?... =)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Pac-Man has got to be in it! And they could take inspiration for his moveset from his appearances in Pac-Man dash, Ghostly Adventures and Pac-Man World.
I explain a lot of it in a video of mine for anyone that's interested...

Like @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia said, I'd already seen this video as well. Weeks ago, if memory serves me. I was really happy when watching it because most videos involving Pac-Man in Smash seem to be very blah or negative, but yours was pretty creative and positive. I like that, so well done, man! :D

To @ Pacack Pacack , I finally saw a Woofa! But he honestly doesn't look anything like the original Woofa. They even made him a grass element monster, which is surprising since he was blue. I figured they'd place him in the water elements. Huh. Anyway, here he is.

There's another monster called Little Ymir, and I feel like he looks more like Woofa than that green thing does. I took a screenshot of him, too.

A bit more monstrous, I'll admit, but at least he's blue and looks like an abominable snow creature. :p

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Like @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia said, I'd already seen this video as well. Weeks ago, if memory serves me. I was really happy when watching it because most videos involving Pac-Man in Smash seem to be very blah or negative, but yours was pretty creative and positive. I like that, so well done, man! :D

To @ Pacack Pacack , I finally saw a Woofa! But he honestly doesn't look anything like the original Woofa. They even made him a grass element monster, which is surprising since he was blue. I figured they'd place him in the water elements. Huh. Anyway, here he is.

There's another monster called Little Ymir, and I feel like he looks more like Woofa than that green thing does. I took a screenshot of him, too.

A bit more monstrous, I'll admit, but at least he's blue and looks like an abominable snow creature. :p
Are you positive that that's Woofa?

Also, Bauske, I have a funny story to tell you.

Remember how I was lamenting over the fact that I didn't have anything that could play Pac-Man Monsters? Well, I asked my mom if I could check to see if it was for Kindle too. Turned out that it wasn't, but my mom asked what I could play it on. I told her.

It reminded her that I have an upgrade for my phone ready and I can get a smartphone.

So, basically, Pac-Man got me a smartphone :awesome:

Top Bottom