• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

D

Deleted member

While it doesn't actually mean anything for Smash Bros., there is this new air hockey game called "Pac-Man Smash" that gets hectic by sending a bunch of little pucks to hit as well as the main puck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spRAgwUksog

I found it interesting because now Pac-Man is FINALLY living up to his original name, "Puck-Man". :troll:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I expect one like the Mario Bros. Stage.

:phone:
I think I would like to see how they could turn his original scheme into a fighting stage, but, realistically, I think they will probably go for a Pac-Land stage.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
New Mario Kart GP arcade game, Pac-Man/Mario / Namco-Bandai/Nintendo relations still relevant.

New Pac-Man DX come on

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think I would like to see how they could turn his original scheme into a fighting stage, but, realistically, I think they will probably go for a Pac-Land stage.
I think, if Pac-Man does appear, then most of the influence for him and his stage will be taken from the time where Pac-Man was most iconic; i.e the original game. Even though Sonic looks like radical late 90's-onwards Sonic, he still takes a lot from the Mega Drive era. His stage is from the original game, his moves are all from the 2D series, even small things like his falling animation and his wobbling animation when he moves to the side of the ledge are all inspired byt the Sonic glory days.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah, I feel that the Butt Bounce would be better suited as a Down B than Ghist Throw. Why would his enemies be working beside him?
I think Butt Bounce suits the Pac-Man's Dair better

Speculator

Smash Ace
Don't know if this has been considered before but what if his Chomp was his side special instead of neutral special? You could hold left/right and chain them together, so he's running and chomping and making that Pac-Man sound loop just like in the games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How about this?

B - Rev Roll
Side B - Chomp
Up B - Pac-Dot Chain
Down B - Butt Bounce
Final Smash - Power Pellet

Throws - involves shooting Pac-Dots at them (think Mewtwo's throws)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I had it the other way around but then I remembered that Pac-Man doesn't stand still when he chomps. In the arcade game, Pac-Man always chomps while moving. And besides, it could still function like Yoshi's Side+B move where Pac-Man runs over enemies while biting them instead of rolling over them. Also, Pac-Man doesn't really roll over enemies when he did his Rev Roll move in the Pac-Man World games. I think he stops rolling when he hits an enemy... It could function like Jigglypuff's neutral B move.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If he get's in, he most likely will. I can see him making a random appearance, after, say, Little Mac, to 'ruin' the moment.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
How about this?

B - Rev Roll
Side B - Chomp
Up B - Pac-Dot Chain
Down B - Butt Bounce
Final Smash - Power Pellet

Throws - involves shooting Pac-Dots at them (think Mewtwo's throws)

Perfect--I've thought the exact same thing.
(Although I would agree with Pacman9 that B and Side B should be switched.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think they'll add pac dots to tell you where to go in SSE 2.
If there is a pac-man stage, they could be present like the purse in 75m.

Speculator

Smash Ace
you should switch the side-B with the B move. It would function better.
(Although I would agree with Pacman9 that B and Side B should be switched.)
see

Don't know if this has been considered before but what if his Chomp was his side special instead of neutral special? You could hold left/right and chain them together, so he's running and chomping and making that Pac-Man sound loop just like in the games.
I think it would work better this way. Could you imagine running left/right and tapping B to get Pac-Man chomping and making that wacca-wacca-wacca noise? I think that would feel much more like the Pac-Man games than having him stand still and do it.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I like that idea. To where you bounce off if you land a rev roll? Almost like a charge move really, all the way charged can inflict good damage.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
In October 2012 Namco ran a web wide survey on what people want Pac Man's "new look" to be.

This suggests that they may be looking to give his looks an upgrade in the next Pacman game, which could end up being the version we get in Smash.

These were the options.

Personally I hate the current look (similar to A). I'd much prefer a cartoonish look more similar to either B) or C).

I also imagine him looking alot better without a nose. Not sure why they are so insistent on it.

How about you guys? How do you want him to look in SSB4?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm liking C.

Though I'd be satisfied with anything that isn't A.

CalumG

Smash Lord
If I had my say, Pac-Man would have a combo-able side B bite attack (with old-school noise), a chargeable down B Rev Roll, and a projectile of some kind as his Standard B. His up-B would allow him to move around and chomp in all four directions for a short time, mimicking his control scheme from the original games. You could chain together the side-B chomp, his dash attack and his up-B to get good vertical and horizontal movement as Pac-Man whilst dealing out a decent amount of damage (with low knockback to balance it).

Pac-Man would look like new Pac-Man but feel like classic Pac-Man. I imagine for animations his limbs strategically come and go, when he's chomping or rolling for example.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pac man with no nose:

With Nose:

I think they all look better and more reflective of the old retro pac man with no nose. I didn't do a good job on A with the color filling so that's why A looks a bit weird around the nose area. (I had to use paint as I'm on my work PC with no photohshop).

Do you prefer with or without a nose?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nose. He looks weird without it.

Top Bottom