• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Does anybody know if Pacman does anything in his Pacman World games that could warrant a neutral B?

:phone:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
@TheCreator
Pac-dot shoot. he just shoots a pellet from his hand. though you could give him a slingshot as a reference to Pac-man 2 The New Adventures. though a chomp move is pretty ideal.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
@TheCreator
Pac-dot shoot. he just shoots a pellet from his hand. though you could give him a slingshot as a reference to Pac-man 2 The New Adventures. though a chomp move is pretty ideal.
I like the slingshot idea. Slingshotting a pac-dot that is.
And a chomp move for his neutral b?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The chomp move should be a stronger version of Wario's. He will take one large bite and the opponent will be sent flying back. (It will cause the same amount of damage that Wario's bite does)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
ive sometimes even thought that Wario could maybe get a magnet that sucks the opponent towards him so he can go in for a good hit. his bite move was kinda awkward to me. though i realize the magnet is not really in good reference to his series though

TheCreator

Smash Lord
^ it really does.
I blame Namco for pacman's lack of move set. The Pacman World games were so great, like Namco's Super Mario 64. Imagine one for the Wii U? With his new redesign even. ****. I mean do SOMETHING with him. Give him a platformer or something.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wario should really get his neutral special changed.

While we're at it, lets give him his suplex move from Wario World for his down throw.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
@TheCreator
they've really been trying to pull him off as a wanna be Mario for awhile now. his last few games that weren't obvious Pac Man games consist of Pac-Man Party and Pac-Man Kart. hopefully with his new cartoon coming in the fall, kids will get reinvested with Pac-Man

@8-Peacock-8
agreed

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
match made in heaven. its a way better idea than a Mario/Sonic platform crossover. something about that seems weird to me just cause of their gameplay styles

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Probably because of the speed difference and that Mario games play differently.

Pac-Man World is closer to Mario in gameplay style anyway.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
If Nintendo just hurrys up and buys Sega already, we can focus more on crossing over with Pacman.
Story....hmmm....Bowser steals the golden fruit from Pacman world 1 and locks peach up somewhere in mushroom kingdom, but the ghosts sneak in under his nose and steal peach from him for eating the fruit, then take her away somewhere in Pacland.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Sega isnt selling anytime soon. they've been on a role in the last couple years and been making smarter investments as well. they must have a new guy in charge or something cause they are making a slow but sure comeback

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
yeah thats pretty much it. what would the story b? i kinda wanna keep talking about this lol
Spooky (villain of Pac-Man World 2) teams up with Bowser. Bowser kidnaps Ms. Pac-Man while Spooky invades the Mushroom Kingdom with his ghosts and takes over. Mario and Pac-Man have to team up to stop their enemies.

Side plot: Spooky is at odds with King Boo.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Spooky (villain of Pac-Man World 2) teams up with Bowser. Bowser kidnaps Ms. Pac-Man while Spooky invades the Mushroom Kingdom with his ghosts and takes over. Mario and Pac-Man have to team up to stop their enemies.

Side plot: Spooky is at odds with King Boo.

I like this better. Lol

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i'd prefer the ghost be the assist trophy. with their new redesigns i think would be best. i mean it looks like they are trying to sort of retcon the franchise now and, at least for now, Ms Pac Man doesnt seem to be involved.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
She'll need to get involved eventually.

She's almost as popular as Pac-Man himself. (If i remember correctly, her game made more money)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah it did. but it was advertised better than the original. it all depends on where they intend to go with the series really. Ms Pac Man was introduced as Pac Mans wife, but now he's like a teenager so that's no longer the case. idk we need a good 3d pac man game with a story before we can count her out. i may just be thinking to much about the cartoon. but if that show is a success than you can bet that the characters from the show will pour over into the Pac Man games

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Yeah. That's like I said. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that others awaited a Pacman game with his new design too.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i like his new design. its just a natural progression for the characters design. its not like the whole Dante thing thank god

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think it's safe to say that if there are any third parties at all, Pac-Man is one of them. I'm not a huge fan of him myself, but I don't doubt I'd learn to love him if he was implemented into Smash Bros in a way that makes him feel part of the cast. I wouldn't want him to stick out like a sore thumb. They did a great job with Snake and Sonic though so I'm not worried.

Also, not sure if this is posted but the 3D Pac-Man with legs isn't really a 'redesign'. Pac-Man has had legs ever since he appeared on the original arcade cabinet, and the current version (the one that appeared in Mario Kart Arcade GP and its sequel) is essentially a 3D rendition of the design that first appeared on the Pac-Man Plus arcade cabinet way back in 1982.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't support Pac-Man per se, but I would be glad if he's in and his series has by far the best stage potential of any series new or old bar none.

Top Bottom