• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Heres an idea. You summon Ms. Pac-Man and she'll either chase the ghosts around the arena, and damage enemies in the process or she'll be chased by the ghosts and she'll still damage the opponents. (When she chases the ghosts, the ghosts can be attacked and defeated.)
I like that idea. Pac-Man stays playable, and Ms.Pac-Man does the assist trophy instead. GENIUS!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What if Namco pulls a Capcom and we end up with one of these Atari box art Pac Man's?

:phone:
In the first one, Pac Man would've been in the Olympics like that. The second one looks like he let himself go. XD

Imagine Atari's reaction if they were to use the Bad Box Art design. :smirk:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You could say the same thing for Modern Sonic for his track record of games over the years.

As for the people that support Tekken characters for Smash 4, I hope they just want Yoshimitsu because he's the ONLY one that could fit in. Tekken chars shouldn't be included in ssb4 though.

Yeah, with SEGA constantly milking the sonic franchise's video games, When they went downhill on terrible sonic games (Shadow the hedgehog, sonic shuffle, sonic riders ect..) They had no real backbone of the company anymore and eventually became broke. They probably worked with nintendo on the mario and sonic olympic games just for more money since Mario and sonic was such a big hit. :glare:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
This person on youtube said that megaman and ittle mac are guarranteed for ssb and that pac-man was 50%. XD ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS.
It's not ludicrous,Pac-man would be 70%/90% to me,but Mac is 1st party and highly requested and Mega Man EXTREMELY requested,so it's not too far off,but the Mega Man and Pac-Man rating is pretty wrong,you're right about that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm really doubting Mega Man's inclusion in smash. I feel as if Namco is the only company that will get a character other than Sonic's and Snake's return.

If it's Namco, I would prefer Pac Man, but I feel like it's going to be a tales character. Which, I don't know any tales character except "Lloyd"

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think it would be pretty cool if Pacman has a special move ( Neutral B hopefully) that is similar to Wario's, The only difference is that Pacman will eat projectiles and regain life when eaten. He could even make the same sounds from the arcade when he eats fruits when he manages to to eat the projectile.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
he's really the only character, IMO, worth supporting from Namco. I find most of the other characters Namco has to offer to be nowhere near as likely or worthy. but this is all subjective.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
he's really the only character, IMO, worth supporting from Namco. I find most of the other characters Namco has to offer to be nowhere near as likely or worthy. but this is all subjective.
I think he is one of those 99.9% chance characters.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think it would be pretty cool if Pacman has a special move ( Neutral B hopefully) that is similar to Wario's, The only difference is that Pacman will eat projectiles and regain life when eaten. He could even make the same sounds from the arcade when he eats fruits when he manages to to eat the projectile.
I want this.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I want this.

Brilliant idea! Like Ness's PSI Magnet (down b) right.

Yep. And proberly no one is as Iconic in gaming as pacman.

Isnt it the most sold gaming series in history? or Tertis or something..dunno..i remember reading about it.

Expecially since Sakurai stated that chars he recommends for Smash need to go through 3 big tests the first being the biggest.

*1.* How Well will The character fit into the Smash world

2. Will the Character be unique bring something new to the smash world (they need to)

3. How and how Well is the character represented in there series

And he looks at fan support to. but them main #3 points i stated he states himself in a article about brawls development i was reading yesterday.

Look like Sakurai does indeed follow some sorta code/test that chars must go through to get in.

The article is very intresting to read those who havent read it i advise you read it. It may twist your thoughts on the games direction more positively but more important more realisticly.

There are other thing that play into character descison in the article.

Imo Pacman pretty much fits the whole damn List/Test perfect cartoon art. Etc:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/15390

Sorry for double post just that my phone spazzes out if i paste a link into a edit that already has stuff in...

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I had an idea that he uses stuff from other classic namco arcade games like he shoots an asteroid from bosconian out of his mouth and a galaxian flies him back to the stage

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I had an idea that he uses stuff from other classic namco arcade games like he shoots an asteroid from bosconian out of his mouth and a galaxian flies him back to the stage
Considering there were references to other Namco games in the Pac Man World games and the Namco Museum games, that would make him the ultimate fan service character.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
He needs to use PAC Man World 3's awesome Electro Shock.

While that would indeed be awesome, it would probably be confusing to those who haven't played PMW3.

"Wh-Why's Pac-Man using Force Lightning?"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd like to think that Pac-Man is better off having specials inspired by the arcades, even if they may or may not be in Pac-Man World games. Eating enemies and dots have to be a big part of Pac-Man's playstyle. Shooting lightning bolts from his hands isn't what Pac-Man is famous for even though he did that in Pac-Man World 3.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Yeah eating people like wario does, maybe shooting pellets and stuff like that should b the majority of his moveset with only things like the butt bounce actually truly wing inspired by the PAC man world games

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah eating people like wario does, maybe shooting pellets and stuff like that should b the majority of his moveset with only things like the butt bounce actually truly wing inspired by the PAC man world games

Shooting? That's what Pac Man 2's Pellet Slingshot is for. But like you said, he need attacks and references from all 32 years of gaming media he appeared in.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Shooting? That's what Pac Man 2's Pellet Slingshot is for. But like you said, he need attacks and references from all 32 years of gaming media he appeared in.

Namco Museum: References other games by using them as weapons? (Uses Dig Dug's pump as a grab, uses a Galaga ship for up special, etc.)

Pac-Man World: Uses Butt Bounce in down special.

Pac-Man Arcade: Bite attack (There is no way he wont have this)

Pac-Man 2: Sling Shot (Possibly forward special some how)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One idea I have seen for an Up Special (one of the few interesting things to come out of Youtube Smash speculation...that place is a nightmare...) is "Dot Trail." Basically, a trail of three pellets appear above Pac Man, and he goes into "arcade mode," following them upwards by eating them.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

thats what i mean, i do vaguely recall him being able to just shoot it from his hand. though that is probably a Pac-Man World game.

its not that a moveset consisting of other Namco Properties would be a bad thing, i just kind of find it unnecessary and a little confusing to some people who arent really familiar super familiar with the games being referenced in question.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Pac-Man could shoot Pac-Dots from his hand in World 1.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
One idea I have seen for an Up Special (one of the few interesting things to come out of Youtube Smash speculation...that place is a nightmare...) is "Dot Trail." Basically, a trail of three pellets appear above Pac Man, and he goes into "arcade mode," following them upwards by eating them.
Oh, kinda like this one? Click at 1:48.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, exactly like that. I actually didn't know it was an actual move...that makes it better.

In other news, I remember when I was younger, I could never beat that one level in Pac Man World 2. It was Butane Pain. I even remember the name. That being said, I probably could today if I still had the game. Ah, memories...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, Pac-Man could shoot Pac-Dots from his hand in World 1.
That skill could be used for Pac-Man's normal moves similar to Zelda's Down Throw (dots instead of magic), Samus's Smash Up+A and Aerial Forward+A moves (dots instead of fire), Mario's Smash Side+A (dots instead of fire), and Mewtwo's Forward Throw (dots instead of shadow balls). I really love the idea of Pac-Man in Smash. :awesome:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That skill could be used for Pac-Man's normal moves similar to Zelda's Down Throw (dots instead of magic), Samus's Smash Up+A and Aerial Forward+A moves (dots instead of fire), Mario's Smash Side+A (dots instead of fire), and Mewtwo's Forward Throw (dots instead of shadow balls). I really love the idea of Pac-Man in Smash. :awesome:
Awesome. :awesome:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
ehh...I still believe that Pac-Man's Up smash should be that signature uppercut punch and side smash should be a chomp, but dots incorporated into grabs and the forward aerial is an awesome idea.:) Up aerial is saved for that flip kick with skates on. (pac-man world 2)

Top Bottom