• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
ehh...I still believe that Pac-Man's Up smash should be that signature uppercut punch and side smash should be a chomp, but dots incorporated into grabs and the forward aerial is an awesome idea.:) Up aerial is saved for that flip kick with skates on. (pac-man world 2)
That uppercut punch could be his Up Tilt.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
His death sound from the arcade Pac Man should be used whenever he'd Star KO'd. That would be funny and nostalgic.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
How likely do you think Pacman is?
I would say about 80 or 90% Tbh, im extremely excited for pacman in smash.
I would say that's about right. Pac-Man in smash is all I want. I even made a moveset.

B- Pellet Powers- pac-man either uses the electro shock pellet to shoot electrical beams at opponents in the form of a projectile, turns into metal with the steel ball pellet and reduces damage from attacks, reduces knockback from attacks, and makes him heavier for 10 seconds, or he can turn tiny for 10 seconds with the tiny pellet to avoid hits while keeping his normal strength. The move can be alternated by holding B.

Side B: Rev Roll- Pac-Man charges up a run in place and like Ike's side B, you are fully charged after about 3 seconds and you roll into the opponent after you release B. Has decent knockback like Ike's side B. But, like in pacman world 2 opponents running at pac-man while Pac-Man rolls toward them, is not only blasted away with high knock back, but dazed for 3 seconds as if they were hit with a deku nut. Does 17% if fully charged.

Down B: Butt Bounce- Pac-Man jumps up and bounces back down with his...Butt. Can be use 3 times in a row after the first bounce. Meteor smashes in mid-air, and on the ground the 3rd hit buries opponents as if hit by a pit fall. Can be moved side to side across the whole stage. 1st hit does 9%, 2nd does 10%, and 3rd does 17%.

Up B: Red Pac-Dot- Pac-Man throws out a red pac dot and eats it. When he does a line of pac-dots form in mid air. You can control where the pac-dots turn. It can also latch onto the stage. Pac-Man eats the dots as fast as a fire fox's speed. Opponents can be hurt if they touch Pac-Man's mouth while eating.

This is the for those people who says Pac-Man has no moveset potential. (Pac-Man worlds 1-3 people and thats not all either :glare:)

TheCreator

Smash Lord
That's tight. Except, for his b, I think he should do something else.

His smash attacks will compose of bites, punches and kicks I'm hoping

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Disregard this. Wrong thread.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, my 3DS derped. I thought I clicked the Mac thread. xD

No worries, I'm on my laptop now.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I'd keep Kirby in mind when thinking about a standard special for Pac-Man due to the former's copy ability. I think some sort of chomping attack would be best just because of that. It would be weird for Pac-Kirby to shoot lightning or what have you; it would be like Kirby using FLUDD when copying Mario instead of shooting fireballs.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'd keep Kirby in mind when thinking about a standard special for Pac-Man due to the former's copy ability. I think some sort of chomping attack would be best just because of that. It would be weird for Pac-Kirby to shoot lightning or what have you; it would be like Kirby using FLUDD when copying Mario instead of shooting fireballs.
Yeah, I know it's less iconic, but I wanted to at least give him a projectile. But a chomp was my original idea. But then you have the idiots that say "pacman's entire moveset is based on other characters" with his chomp being stolen from wario.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Don't know if these were already posted, but here's some vgm. I tried to find the less obvious songs, if you know what I mean. But some of these are my favs as well.

World 1 - Pac-Man Arrangement (Whether or not Pac-Man gets in, I'd love to hear this song in Smash. It always got me pumped up when playing Arrangment)
World 2 - Pac-Man Arrangement
Pac-Man's Park - Pac-Mania
Sandbox Land - Pac-Mania
Puzzle Fever - Pac-Attack (This song plays when the blocks are almost at the top. It would be funny if it plays when the timer's running out for a Pac-Man stage)
Whale on a Sub Pac-Man World 2

But anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I support Pac-Man's inclusion. He's a cool and funny guy that I think will bring a lot of personality to the roster.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
If he's in SSB4 I hope he'd have the classic looking black eyes.

I dont know when they started with the blue eyes, but all I know is it creeps me out.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If he's in SSB4 I hope he'd have the classic looking black eyes.

I dont know when they started with the blue eyes, but all I know is it creeps me out.
Yeah, I prefer the older look as well, but I'm guessing Namco would want to have his current look, as it best advertises his current games and that weird upcoming show of his. :ohwell:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aaaand I just realized that the title was a pun, and not a typo.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know it's less iconic, but I wanted to at least give him a projectile. But a chomp was my original idea. But then you have the idiots that say "pacman's entire moveset is based on other characters" with his chomp being stolen from wario.
Didn't stop Charizard from getting Flamethrower even though Bowser's B works exactly the same. Sakurai even said about Flamethrower, "We just had to have this. It is Charizard, after all."

You just can't have Pac-Man without a chomping attack as his neutral B.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't know if these were already posted, but here's some vgm. I tried to find the less obvious songs, if you know what I mean. But some of these are my favs as well.

World 1 - Pac-Man Arrangement (Whether or not Pac-Man gets in, I'd love to hear this song in Smash. It always got me pumped up when playing Arrangment)
World 2 - Pac-Man Arrangement
Pac-Man's Park - Pac-Mania
Sandbox Land - Pac-Mania
Puzzle Fever - Pac-Attack (This song plays when the blocks are almost at the top. It would be funny if it plays when the timer's running out for a Pac-Man stage)
Whale on a Sub Pac-Man World 2

But anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I support Pac-Man's inclusion. He's a cool and funny guy that I think will bring a lot of personality to the roster.
If you look here, here's a great list of Pac Man tracks complete with a stage concept by Starphoenix. It's pretty good if you ask me. :awesome: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14609918

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't mind at all. It looks pretty similar to his other appearances.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Luigi and Pac Man are a duo in the next Adventure Mode as ghost busters, Bamco can shut up and take all my dots.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Luigi and Pac-Man team up against the Ultimate Ghost (from StreetPass Find Mii) or Giratina (from Pokemon Platinum) in the adventure mode would be epic. :awesome:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
The fact that Pacman is globally known would bring publicity to smash bros. and how good the series is, so seems like a pretty smart addition.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Here is a move set of specials I have been thinking of:

B - Chomp - That is similar to Wario's Chomp, The only difference is that Pacman can eat non-explosive projectiles and regain life when eaten. He could even make the same sounds from the arcade when he eats fruits when he manages to to eat the projectile.

Side B - Rev Roll - Functions like Jigglypuff's Roll Out and Ike's Quick Draw.

Down B - Ghost throw - Similar to DDD's WaddleDee throw, Pac-man will throw either Pinky, Blinky, Clyde and Inky randomly. Each will have different properties in knock-back.

Up B - Pac-trail - Players can quickly draw out a trail of pellets and Pacman will follow the trail.
[COLLAPSE="pic"]
[/COLLAPSE]
The trail would have a limit of about 6 pellets long. After that he will fall helplessly. He will do damage to opponents that get caught as he eats the pellets and the final pellet will have a pretty decent knock back.

All moves except ghost throw can be seen in the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR6RU8Jy9oI

I haven't really thought about tilts, jabs, dash and all that just specials. Though I can see him with a rapid chomping move as a back + air that works in a similar fashion to Mr. G&W

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I feel that the Butt Bounce would be better suited as a Down B than Ghist Throw. Why would his enemies be working beside him?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I feel that the Butt Bounce would be better suited as a Down B than Ghist Throw. Why would his enemies be working beside him?
I agree. I always preferred Butt Bounce. I thought that it would be pretty cool if Pac-Man could do Butt Bounce three times in a row if you input Down+B thrice. Each bounce would make Pac-Man go higher and hit harder.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I agree. I always preferred Butt Bounce. I thought that it would be pretty cool if Pac-Man could do Butt Bounce three times in a row if you input Down+B thrice. Each bounce would make Pac-Man go higher and hit harder.
I like this idea too.

Top Bottom