• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
How about "Cherry Bomb"? It would act as a mine like it does in Pac-Man World Rally, while also serving as a reference to the original. You would be able to lay up to four down, just like in-game.
believe or not, I'm already using this as his Up-Tilt, but I thought in a more simple effect, .. a small explosion.., just for a little reference from World Rally in the moveset in a whole.
-The game that I'd like to make some reference in the moveset, is Pac-in-Time, but, since is just missing the Down-Smash, and my preference is not using tools at all (which is not the case of Pac-In-Time,.. every move of Pac-Man there is with some kind of tool. =P), I dunno how to finish this. =P

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I had the idea of Pac-Man spinning on his side in a revolution or two while biting, but that does not directly come from his games (or from what i know).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
you know, of all the four mascots (Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man) only Sonic & Pac-Man never did direct interaction one with another (besides both be in Wreck-it Ralph), can we consider this now? =P

Oh, and btw... I already solved the problem with an idea for Pac's Down Smash. XD.. I'll post the whole moveset soon, I just need to make it more organized on Photoshop, with the references and all. :\/

..But for now... I did more things in tedious moments in my work; here's a concept of his poster (as all the newcomers); excuse me the bad talent for drawings.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think this is a hint of things to be revealed in the not so distant future.
New Super Pac-Man World confirmed. :troll:

you know, of all the four mascots (Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man) only Sonic & Pac-Man never did direct interaction one with another (besides both be in Wreck-it Ralph), can we consider this now? =P

Oh, and btw... I already solved the problem with an idea for Pac's Down Smash. XD.. I'll post the whole moveset soon, I just need to make it more organized on Photoshop, with the references and all. :\/

..But for now... I did more things in tedious moments in my work; here's a concept of his poster (as all the newcomers); excuse me the bad talent for drawings.
I think the poster is going to be all 4 mascots together in the same poster, but I like the Smash Power Pellet idea.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I've never posted here? That's crazy, Pac-Man was the first game I ever played! I certainly support our round yellow friend, in whatever form he may take.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So I've never posted here? That's crazy, Pac-Man was the first game I ever played! I certainly support our round yellow friend, in whatever form he may take.
Welcome to the thread, friend! It's good to be around other fellow Pac supporters. :D

Speaking of Pac-Man, did you guys know Pac-Man Museum got released today? I knew it was coming but for some reason thought it was next month. Regardless, my roommate was super nice and got it for me as a belated b-day gift and I've been playing it all day. It's pretty entertaining with some neat unlockables, although getting all of them is going to be hard. Some of those score requirements are insane.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
"yes, I do actually want Pac-Man" 8D
Welcome to the thread, friend! It's good to be around other fellow Pac supporters. :D

Speaking of Pac-Man, did you guys know Pac-Man Museum got released today? I knew it was coming but for some reason thought it was next month. Regardless, my roommate was super nice and got it for me as a belated b-day gift and I've been playing it all day. It's pretty entertaining with some neat unlockables, although getting all of them is going to be hard. Some of those score requirements are insane.
I wasn't aware. What's in the game?

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Have you guys seen it?

It's a Japan only Puzzle/RPG featuring Pac-Man for Android, apparently... I saw people on NeoGAF commenting, and at Wiki it says that the name is Pac-Man Monsters;.. it's irrelevant for Pac-Man himself as a videogame character (I mean, real videogames, consoles and handhelds =P) since all those Mobile games doesn't count anyways..., but people there were talking about his design in this game...

Honestly, I don't like it... seems that it's one of those designs in a poll that NAMCO did a time ago (before his change in Pac-Man Party, I believe);..

people can (and probably will) disagree with me, but I'm happy with the current design, would hate any of those others in the mainline games ...

Staarih

Smash Master
That's actually the Pac-Man look that I prefer the most (basically a B/D out of those choices in the picture) and he looks great in that picture. You say people are talking about the design: what are they saying?

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I prefer Pac-Man tilt/party design. It's easier to look at and not cringe worthy like the current design.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
one thing that we all agree, is that the Pac-Man World series design, was the best anyway... =P, but I got used very quick with the G.A. design, since, as I commented before, all his appearences post-2010, was a kind of preparation of Ghostly Adventures (the color scheme, the shoes, blue eyes, etc)... in fact, when I saw at the first time the TV Show teaser at E3 (I think it was 2011, if I'm not mistaken), I actually haven't seen any difference in his design from Pac-Man Party or SFxTK, only after I noticed the differences in the small details.

You say people are talking about the design: what are they saying?
they apparently like.. but... you know, NeoGAF isn't a good reference anyway =P. (jk)

you know what's funny?.. I brought back the "design discussion" again, .. and I was the one saying for we talk about another thing. Oh well.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'd certainly be interested in a Pac-Man RPG if it were available on, say, 3DS. Though it'd have to be a bit of a meatier product than your typical mobile game. As for the design, it's certainly something different. I kind of like it. Not as a mainstay, but as a fresh new alternative. I kind of wish they'd stop changing the color of his gloves, though. They usually keep alternating between orange and red, but now they're yellow? I don't recall him every having yellow gloves. I'm sure someone here can correct or confirm if he's had them before.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I kind of wish they'd stop changing the color of his gloves, though. They usually keep alternating between orange and red, but now they're yellow? I don't recall him every having yellow gloves. I'm sure someone here can correct or confirm if he's had them before.
They already gave him brown gloves some few times, but I don't remeber yellow gloves (maybe there's some in-game sprite with yellow gloves, but nothing like this come to my mind now)... well, that's new;... =P...

But, overall, I don't like it, seems a Tim Burton's interpretation of Pac-Man..

and what is this green Feral-Pac person riding a wolf?... hope it's another character, I don't want Pac turning in a werewolf like Sonic, not even in a Japanese Mobile SpinOFF. X-X

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I trust Sakurai would make the best looking Pac-Man that is an amalgam of his past designs, taking the best of each. He knows that classic Mega Man is the most popular, and he went with his (updated) classic design, so surely he would make Pac-Man reminiscent of the arcade, his most famous appearance.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
In the Mega Man's case, actually, his "8-Bit" look, IS his current design (if you not count artworks), since Mega Man 10 (or Street Fighter X Mega Man) is his most recent game, and it is in 8-Bit.... and without count that, this design was made by Capcom, right?.. at least, I'm assuming this since the Artwork of his poster was made by a Capcom's artist... this decision probably was made by own Capcom, 'cause they wanted to redesign his appearence not only for Smash (we'll need a confirmation, though);

for Pac-Man, I'm expecting his Ghostly Adventures design, but the majority of his moves and animations based on Arcade games and the World series,... just like Sonic, with Modern design, and the majority of the moves based on the Genesis games. Would be good for everyone, I guess.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I prefer Pac-Man tilt/party design. It's easier to look at and not cringe worthy like the current design.
Okay, I just want to ask a question here to everyone, and please don't take offense to it. I understand opinions are opinions, and that's okay! :D But my question is, why do people prefer the Party design to his new Ghostly Adventures design?

Here's a comparison:

Now don't get me wrong, his Party design is cute, and I don't dislike it at all. Back before the TV show came out, I thought that that was the new look Namco was taking with Pac-Man, and I was okay with it. But once I saw the actual TV show and how good their 3D model was, looking back on the Party model made it look cheap. Comparing the two, for me, the one on the left looks like someone was trying to imitate the model on the right. In the GA model, his mouth actually has a rim and has depth. So do his eyes. Hi shoes look more fleshed out and realized, including a tiny modeled Pac-Man on the front. He has fingers instead of just mittens, and his eyebrows look much better in comparison to the Party model's.

Just my two cents, but I hear a lot of hate on the GA model (not just from here, from other places too) and I honestly don't understand it. It's a much better designed and detailed model in almost every regard. Maybe it makes him look too plasticky and real rather than looking like a cartoon? I dunno. I wanna hear what you guys think. :D

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
1. The Party design is closer to his world design.

2. Ghostly Adventures is just an ugly design to begin with. The teeth don't help either.

3. Detail isn't always a good thing.

This is my opinion though. I'm just going to post my argument for it.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
1. The Party design is closer to his world design.

2. Ghostly Adventures is just an ugly design to begin with. The teeth don't help either.

3. Detail isn't always a good thing.

This is my opinion though. I'm just going to post my argument for it.
No, that's helpful. I suppose the teeth are something most people could consider creepy. I guess I'm confused on point number 2 since, as I stated earlier, his Party design and GA design aren't that much different in terms of design changes.

However, I honestly don't feel the pictures of him Namco produces for the show do him any justice. He actually looks really animated and colorful in the TV show, as well as friggin' adorable IMO. Here are a couple screenshots I took of the show.

I guess some could still call him creepy, but I don't see it. xD

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well it's not as bad as Cross Tekken Pac-Man.

That thing had soulless eyes and actually stalked people.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
No, just NO!! Pacman is uncharismatic, and does not meet the requirements for Super Smash Bros at all. Even Sakurai says so in an interview of his I've read on IGN. Considering how hard it was to get MegaMan in there, he's not coming. I dont even need to continue, as far as Smash goes, Pacman is DEAD!!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No, just NO!! Pacman is uncharismatic, and does not meet the requirements for Super Smash Bros at all. Even Sakurai says so in an interview of his I've read on IGN. Considering how hard it was to get MegaMan in there, he's not coming. I dont even need to continue, as far as Smash goes, Pacman is DEAD!!
Bias that is definitely not Sakurai's, sure. :p

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Someone's not taking his Power Pellets...

What exactly are said "requirements?" I'll gladly show you how Pac-Man fits them.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Well it's not as bad as Cross Tekken Pac-Man.

That thing had soulless eyes and actually stalked people.
Oh god yeah, I'll agree there. The Cross Tekken Pac-Man was creepy and I didn't like it. He always had that same smile on his face, never blinking, never moving his eyes. And then at the end he grew huge and ate the world or something? What the heck was up with that? xD

It's not just about the requirements, it's also that Sakurai said in an interview that he is not considering PacMan.
Unless you can provide proof of that, no, you're wrong. Sakurai never said those words. He said Namco wasn't getting any special consideration for a character simply because they were developing the game, but he never flat out said Pac-Man wasn't getting in.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're reading things out of context. Also, IGN is biased as hell against Pac-Man, so they're not a reliable source. I remember they did a poll where they asked people what new character should be in Smash. They didn't have an option for Pac-Man. They had a "not Pac-Man, please" option. I mean, seriously? That's how you run a professional business? By slamming a massive game company's mascot? Stay classy, IGN.

Last edited:
Top Bottom