• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
You gotta take the Amtrack to get to Manhattan right? Yh, I wouldn't do that for a weekly.
I take metro north when i get to go, amtrack is mad expensive. I'm the last stop :(
but some of of my friend go to hitbox arena sometime, when i get some money I'll try to hitch a ride (no idea when in relation to you that is though lol)

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
I take metro north when i get to go, amtrack is mad expensive. I'm the last stop :(
but some of of my friend go to hitbox arena sometime, when i get some money I'll try to hitch a ride (no idea when in relation to you that is though lol)
Wheres hitbox arena ?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm not going to hitbox arena anytime soon. You'd be more likely to see me if you came to the Break in Dunellen. I am taking a break from the break (lol) though, I've gotten 7th 3 times in a row. I'm in a slump. Last night I lost to the best player at the venue and some Mario player. The Lof and TSB crew didn't show up last night so I had thought I could do really well :(

I had to play OCS James(7th at Ktar) in quarters depsite being the 5th seed last night because they floated the bracket so his crewmates wouldn't have to play him so early. I'm pretty mad about that.

Loosing to the Mario player (who was pretty good) was one of the most demoralizing things in a while. Recently we talked about Mario in the matchup disucssion thread and I didn't even really because of how comfortable I was at the matchup. At Ktar I faced a solid Mario who used fireballs to disrupt my charging and approached dairs, which I think is the optimal way to play that matchup, and I two'd him. I'm realizing the matchup is both more intense and difficult than I thought, I'll have to make some major adjustments if I play him in bracket again.

@ M Maziyah When is the nxt time you're going to SmashQuest or SmashAtack? Again, I can't do this week but I'll come out to the next one after that if you'll be there. I think the change in scenery would do me some good.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Double post, meant to edit and I quoted!

Last edited:

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to hitbox arena anytime soon. You'd be more likely to see me if you came to the Break in Dunellen. I am taking a break from the break (lol) though, I've gotten 7th 3 times in a row. I'm in a slump. Last night I lost to the best player at the venue and some Mario player. The Lof and TSB crew didn't show up last night so I had thought I could do really well :(

I had to play OCS James(7th at Ktar) in quarters depsite being the 5th seed last night because they floated the bracket so his crewmates wouldn't have to play him so early. I'm pretty mad about that.

Loosing to the Mario player (who was pretty good) was one of the most demoralizing things in a while. Recently we talked about Mario in the matchup disucssion thread and I didn't even really because of how comfortable I was at the matchup. At Ktar I faced a solid Mario who used fireballs to disrupt my charging and approached dairs, which I think is the optimal way to play that matchup, and I two'd him. I'm realizing the matchup is both more intense and difficult than I thought, I'll have to make some major adjustments if I play him in bracket again.

@ M Maziyah When is the nxt time you're going to SmashQuest or SmashAtack? Again, I can't do this week but I'll come out to the next one after that if you'll be there. I think the change in scenery would do me some good.
Next smashquest im going to is this sunday and im not sure when smashattack is starting again either sunday after the next which is the 26th or the week after.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Next smashquest im going to is this sunday and im not sure when smashattack is starting again either sunday after the next which is the 26th or the week after.
You're skipping the Evo Stream for SmashQuest? I can't do that. How about the week after, you going to that? Or are you going to SmashAttack instead?

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
You're skipping the Evo Stream for SmashQuest? I can't do that. How about the week after, you going to that? Or are you going to SmashAttack instead?
If smash attack is then ima skip over it, and smash 4 ends saturday lol

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
went over my friends house to play some friendlies....I got destroyed, i don't even think I gave more than 50% damage, that being said, time to hit the lab. gotta learn that yoshi match up

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
If smash attack is then ima skip over it, and smash 4 ends saturday lol
Ok well let me know whats up. I don't mind going to SmashAttack gonna need your help with that custom transfer thing though.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
Ok well let me know whats up. I don't mind going to SmashAttack gonna need your help with that custom transfer thing though.
Lol most def, its doubles and singles, ill be doing both with pac.
went over my friends house to play some friendlies....I got destroyed, i don't even think I gave more than 50% damage, that being said, time to hit the lab. gotta learn that yoshi match up
Yoshi boils down to just good decision making and waiting. When i play yoshis, i keep my distance slowly poking at them and using mostly apples and bells since they approach airbourne.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Pac-Man players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Pac-Man and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
You can regrab oranges on smashville by using the balloons. We also as a collective need to start using bouncing fruits off the hydrant after hitting it since when a fruit hit something and its hitbox expands, sort of like wario waft and his bike.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You can regrab oranges on smashville by using the balloons. We also as a collective need to start using bouncing fruits off the hydrant after hitting it since when a fruit hit something and its hitbox expands, sort of like wario waft and his bike.
You're talking about throwing a fruit at a hydrant that has already been launched? I don't get it.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
No i mean like hydrant on stage, not hit yet, throw orange at hydrant, the orange will bounce up a little if not hut by water and its hitbox is extended.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
@ Nu~ Nu~ how do you deal with reflectors? And the custom mega man match up. Thanks
Against reflectors, you have to play smart with your projectiles. Bait the opponent hard. Reflectors are very unsafe when you throw fruit in mid range, so try to keep the fight there. If you want to bait them, throw multiple hydrants at them throughout the match. If the opponent gets used to reflecting them, start running up beside your hydrant tosses and hit the opponent out of their reflector before the hydrant gets to them. Easiest way to do this is to launch hydrants with Fair.

It depends what customs mega man. If he is using danger wrap, throw your SH aerial approach habits out the window. You don't want to get predictable and end up being blasted by a 13% bubble. It had horrible priority though and comes out pretty slowly, so it's pretty bad for CQC. Don't be afraid to destroy a bubble with one of your attacks. Cancel out his projectiles like you would normally with melon, galaxian, and key, but be mindful of his skull barrier. If you try to throw projectiles out too liberally, he will walk through your wall with it. Instead, bait it like you would with any other reflector. The only difference is that mega man can move with his reflector on. When you see skull barrier, that is the perfect time to rush mega man down since he can't attack during that time. However, beware if he has a metal blade in his hand. If the mega man is a pro, they may try to DITCIT. This allows him to plow through our projectiles while sending a combo starting projectile our way. Best way to avoid this is the good ol' trampoline.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well Abadango won't have to play Nietono, that's good news.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Does anyone know where Abadango is in the bracket?
If he makes it out of his pool winners side then he has to play Cacogen, best player in Washington, Shiek player.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I think Abadango just made into top 32. defeated MDV stream and must have beaten Cacogen as well. Proved me wrong, I wonder if he has gone default this entire time.

Also watching him play I ha no idea you could throw your fruits downwards. Its incredible.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Dthrown bell is classic. Not every fruit is useful thrown into the ground though.

If he doesn't run into any top Sheiks, he should be good for a good while. Here's hoping for him.

BSP

Smash Legend
Bell paranoia gets it in.

Also, between us Pac-Men, if Abadango is a 10 on a 1-10 scale, I'm putting myself as 8. Yeah, big talk from someone who doesn't travel much, but I really don't think he's that far ahead.

By the way guys, just to reiterate, we completely shut down ledge camp villager. We can heal off of pushy Lloid, Key will nail Villager's big head on regrabs, and we can drop hydrants on his head.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

Also, between us Pac-Men, if Abadango is a 10 on a 1-10 scale, I'm putting myself as 8. Yeah, big talk from someone who doesn't travel much, but I really don't think he's that far ahead.

By the way guys, just to reiterate, we completely shut down ledge camp villager. We can heal off of pushy Lloid, Key will nail Villager's big head on regrabs, and we can drop hydrants on his head.
Abadango uses the bell in hand like Diddy does when he wants the kill. It's fun to watch.

And I wonder if Abadango dropped Wario for Rosalina, if he did then him beating Cacojin makes a lot more sense to me.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'm upset that he didn't stay pacman. Now the world will think that the matchup is unwinnable for us.

Only difference is that abandango seals kills easier :^)

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm upset that he didn't stay pacman. Now the world will think that the matchup is unwinnable for us.
Yeah, I know. No one is going to listen to us about it now.

No disrespect though. If I were at EVO on the verge of top 32 and I think I had a better shot with Y than X, I'd take Y.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm not even a little bit upset. Using a mid tier character, you nee a secondary. Especially when playing a custom environment when your character does not have good custom sets.

I think all of us in here have a secondary.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I fell asleep and missed hos match :'(
You can search through the live stream archive for the match. You still going to Smash quest tomorrow? I might be there afterall.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Im conflicted on who i should use as a secondary,
Tell me about it, I went from Megaman to Doc to Robin and now I'm back at Doc again. I think I'm going to stick with it this time though.

Top Bottom