• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hey guys, found a Pac-Man and Villager glitch. If Villager steals a trampoline right as you make a new one, one of three things will happen: You'll teleport midway to Villager, you'll teleport TO Villager and hit him with your Uspecial, or you'll teleport to Villager and he'll freeze to a particular spot on the stage.

New, old, useful at all?

B!squick

Smash Master
Hey guys, found a Pac-Man and Villager glitch. If Villager steals a trampoline right as you make a new one, one of three things will happen: You'll teleport midway to Villager, you'll teleport TO Villager and hit him with your Uspecial, or you'll teleport to Villager and he'll freeze to a particular spot on the stage.

New, old, useful at all?
Random. Could be useful but I'm not sure how.

BSP

Smash Legend

New, old, useful at all?
Hmm, the last one might be a problem.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Forgot to mention Villager breaks free after getting hit. Probably from a fully charged smash or w/e works for Pac-Man.

Um, I don't think I'm forgetting anything else besides that I haven't tried on the 3DS version yet.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I have a question, what happens if the Pac-Man ghosts Assist Trophy is summoned on the Pac-Maze stage? Is there something special happening? Or maybe they're completely locked to appear? Just curious.

The funny part is that once I summoned this AT on Pac-Maze... in Omega form. Ahah.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I have a question, what happens if the Pac-Man ghosts Assist Trophy is summoned on the Pac-Maze stage? Is there something special happening? Or maybe they're completely locked to appear? Just curious.

The funny part is that once I summoned this AT on Pac-Maze... in Omega form. Ahah.
Nothing special happens. Both the AT and stage hazard ghosts act the same as before even when they're both on the screen.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Nothing special happens. Both the AT and stage hazard ghosts act the same as before even when they're both on the screen.
Thanks! I tried to summon them as an AT in Pac-Maze and I managed to do it, and yes nothing special happens. Though it's kinda funny when it happens, someone should try to get a screenshot with the Ghosts hazards + the AT + each of them used by three Pas-Men :p

Now I just have to summon the Darm Samus AT with Samus in her Dark Samus palette swap, I know it's just Samus with Dark Samus' palette and not the canon Dark Samus but still :D

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Does anyone know BF Key's % threshold before it loses its hitbox?

I don't think anything except Gravitational Pull and projectile nullifying specials can stop the key's flight, but if it takes enough damage, it'll lose its hitbox.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Meteor Trampoline also spikes at the underside whenever you jump on it.

This includes the first jump, right when you form the trampoline, but also for the other jumps.

More testing is needed, but this makes for unexpected traps.

BSP

Smash Legend
Alright, had another tournament today guys. I took 2nd to Lee Martin, which is a respectable loss

I played alright, but I'm really feeling Pac Man's grab flaw. I love everything else about the character, but I love grabbing more and I can't resist not doing it...plus, shield is an extremely powerful option in this game in general. I could up B more in an attempt to beat shield, but that's a big commitment in itself. Sigh, it's quite the conundrum.

The other problem is that everyone I've played hates fighting him. They have all said the same thing: "**** Pac-Man" I can't blame them either. Half the match, I'm setting up hydrants and trampolines while running away to charge my fruits and force them to make bad decisions. It's lame sometimes, but I guess that's the price of victory with this character? I can't play rush down with him really since that necessitates having a decent grab to beat shield.

I believe most of my matches got recorded, so I'll link those later.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
The other problem is that everyone I've played hates fighting him. They have all said the same thing: "**** Pac-Man" I can't blame them either. Half the match, I'm setting up hydrants and trampolines while running away to charge my fruits and force them to make bad decisions. It's lame sometimes, but I guess that's the price of victory with this character? I can't play rush down with him really since that necessitates having a decent grab to beat sheild.
People I've played against have said the same about Mr. Game & Watch, saying his very limited animation makes him hard for them to track. I use this to my advantage and have won many matches because of it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What's chomping Pac-mains? I've been maining the guy for a sweet long while and decided to stroll a bit here.
I'm personally waiting for my Smash Bros. U bundle to come in, and can't wait to try Pac with the gamecube controller.

Still salty about them choosing Pac-Land for Pac's stage.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
What's chomping Pac-mains? I've been maining the guy for a sweet long while and decided to stroll a bit here.
You've been maining him but there's no indication of that at all on your profile or signature. lol How about a little pac-man love in that signature or something?

Anyways, welcome to our little section of the boards.

I wish I could find some cool pictures of Pac-man with his blue costume so that I could make a cool avatar or signature, but for now, I'll have to stick with my Link stuff. :)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You've been maining him but there's no indication of that at all on your profile or signature. lol How about a little pac-man love in that signature or something?

Anyways, welcome to our little section of the boards.
IDK, I wonder if to update my sig. Strangely enough, my liking and maining to Pac is same as Chu: love to play them in Smash, but outside of it, don't care much. But hey!

BSP

Smash Legend
BSP said:

I believe most of my matches got recorded, so I'll link those later.
Of course, technology fails and the vids get corrupted. Sucks because I had 9 matches of Pac Man. Oh well.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
People I've played against have said the same about Mr. Game & Watch, saying his very limited animation makes him hard for them to track. I use this to my advantage and have won many matches because of it.
This is why I think as my playstyle and experience becomes fine tuned, I may end up maining Pac-Man and Mr. Game & Watch, even though I'm still a big fan of Link right now.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Of course, technology fails and the vids get corrupted. Sucks because I had 9 matches of Pac Man. Oh well.
How do you export replays anyway? Replays are the main reason I'm still on 1.0.3. I have some G&W replays I don't want to lose.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Am I the only one who actually likes Pac-Land as a casual stage? It's one of the least offensive scrolling stages we've ever had, and I think the art style is actually a bit charming.

Still wish we had gotten a Championship or Pac-Man World stage, though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Am I the only one who actually likes Pac-Land as a casual stage? It's one of the least offensive scrolling stages we've ever had, and I think the art style is actually a bit charming.

Still wish we had gotten a Championship or Pac-Man World stage, though.
I agree with you, Pac-Land could of been a lot worse, but I actually think it's pretty fun. I just wished it had Pac-Land's theme remixed.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Just wanted to share a moment from the other night. I was playing For Glory 1 vs 1 as Pac-Man against Sonic and the match just started. I laid down a hydrant near the edge of the stage and stood on top of it while he came at me with a Spin Dash. He plowed right through the hydrant, but didn't do enough damage to launch it. As he passed by it, a water gush shot out and boosted him (still in Spin Dash) right off the stage at high velocity. He was unable to recover and lost a stock at 0% damage within the first 5 seconds of the match.

I laughed so hard I almost closed my 3DS cover and broke internet connection.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Found something interesting. Apparently, the only thing keeping Pac from being Brwl meta-knight tier broken is the galaga grab.

Basically when you item drop, you have a hitbox out, and then you're able to do moves while that hitbox is out. So this is most powerful when you're just above someone and then you slowly drop the item. Meaning if your opponent tried to say, shieldgrab for instance before the item connected their shield, you would be broken out of the grab. Or if for instance, they could be forced to shield, and you grab them before the item connects.

What gets even better is if you actually mix this up with recatching items by activating aerials, which you can't do in Melee, but you can do in Brawl and Smash 4. So holding an item in this game does not actually prevent you from using aerials.

Item tossing in general has the best punish utility and some of the best space control utility in the game by a pretty huge margin.

Pac-Man is an item generating character who would very clearly break the game with a normal grab due to his combined ability to limit approach options and punish from many angles. Him having a tether grab is not an accident.
I would recommend reading this guys other posts in that thread, he knows what he is talking about.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's hard to say, and I'm probably slightly exaggerating, so you don't have to take me word for word. But yeah. I would most likely believe Pac-Man would meet the requirements of an S tier character with a regular grab, because it's the main thing he lacks offensively. Then not only would you have to deal with how hard Pac-Man is to approach and control, you would have to worry about him having a real offensive game. Item tossing + standard grab tends to make you really solid in Smash.

Look at Peach and Diddy Kong, who are overall strong characters in the games they are available in. Definitely would not be nearly as good if they didn't have items. Actually, Diddy in Smash 4 could probably be given a totally different Down-B and he'd still be top tier just because his numbers on most of his moves are really stupid, but Peach without Turnips is definitely much less impressive.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Pac Man would be broken with a normal grab, no doubt about it.

Even still, once we start using our Fruit OOS, even that weakness will be mitigated.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Well, in-game, don't attacks get a bonus when they are fresh that they don't have in training mode? Maybe all the info we have about the bair and hydrant are based off of no freshness bonus?

Spirst

Well, in-game, don't attacks get a bonus when they are fresh that they don't have in training mode? Maybe all the info we have about the bair and hydrant are based off of no freshness bonus?
I tried going into an actual game and doing it but it still didn't work.

BSP

Smash Legend
Alright, question. In this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKh...1svkSuA5-Suq5x3QYRTxvUymmHgf021m&spfreload=10 you can see at 2:34, 5:28, 5:37, & 6:09 that Rich launches the fire hydrant from a single bair. However, I thought that wasn't the case anymore? Can anyone tell me how he's doing this?
Somehow, I don't think that was 1.0.4. Look at his U smash at 3:40. You see how fast he moves after it? Must be pre-patch.

Edit: 4:12 ; Robin gets launched higher than post patch trampoline launches.

Edit 2: 4:53 ; Galaxian does 11%. That match is pre 1.0.4.

Last edited:

Spirst

Somehow, I don't think that was 1.0.4. Look at his U smash at 3:40. You see how fast he moves after it? Must be pre-patch.
I was thinking that same thing but since this was the Wii U version, I thought the characters on 1.0.0 (the version it was on pre-launch) were the same as 1.0.4. The Wii U is on 1.0.1 now for the online update and glitch fixes but I don't know if it brought along the character changes from 1.0.4 or if those changes were always there since 1.0.0.

Last edited:
Top Bottom