• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Joins the Fight! Watch the Video

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I am very interested in learning how to play Pac-Man and seeing where he is going to stack up tier wise in the meta. I'll be playing all the characters regardless, but I'll put him in my top 10 choices to main and co-main. I love the Pac.

Negalith

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty psyched about Pac-man actually. He is an icon of gaming and at the end of the day, that's what smash is: a platform for gaming icons. Plus, the way they are handling him and Megaman is about as good as it gets. They both get great iterations that pay tribute to their past, present, and future, and their movesets are just amazing. Megaman plays like he does in classic games and Pac-man pays tribute to Namco as a whole. I know a lot of people are being pretty hateful towards Pac-man, but come on, do we really need ANOTHER sword-wielder (lloyd Irving, I like the guy well enough but after LoZ, Fire Emblem, and various others, the use for another swordsman runs dangerously thin.) Pac-man is unique. I dare say you won't find another character quite like him and, shooting straight, a fight between him, Sonic, Mario, and Megaman is one for the history books. Come on folks, he is a great addition, and he adds something new and fun to the mix of already amazing characters.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The most disappointing thing about all this the cool stuff. I see a epic stage or a badass item and all that runs through my head is D1 saying BANNED!!! Knowing some of the most awesome things will be not allowed in competitive play sucks.
That's what friendlies and casuals are for.

Shamymyamo

Smash Rookie
NNID
LordDragoon
Honestly I find Pac-Man in SSB4 simply great.
Come on, gamings biggest icons finally clashing; Sonic vs Megaman vs Mario vs Pac-Man...that's huge man!
But other than that, I actually find Pac-Man appealing, although I would of preferred Klonoa, Tales series, or Tekken series character but I can accept Pac-Man.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
You know, after watching the trailer again I kind of like Pac-Man. He seems like an alright character at least.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
yay, more ugly characters! More pixelgarbage! /sarcasm

How can we possibly have peace with pacman next to palutena? It's like introducing a Lada next to a Lamborghini... not to speak about the horrible Mii's that were announced to be in there... hopefully these mii's are only available through offline play or just with friends... I don't wanna fight against ugly mii's and celebrities...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Pacman & Miis instead of Waluigi/Ridley/K.Rool(to name a few)... The world is a cruel place.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pacman & Miis instead of Waluigi/Ridley/K.Rool(to name a few)... The world is a cruel place.
Instead? Implying Sakurai won't reveal more characters, and the Miis were some of the most requested, not to mention Nintendo icons.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Instead? Implying Sakurai won't reveal more characters, and the Miis were some of the most requested, not to mention Nintendo icons.
Well, instead of Waluigi and Ridley(Waluigi deconfirmed, and Ridley is most likely too). K.Rool, though, we'll see... As for the miis - ough, you like miis?:scared:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
so is Game and Watch confirmed?

and why hasn't sakurai announced it yet. its gona be old news if he show's us later on.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Warning: This post does contain a lot of opinions, read at your own risk. :bubblebobble:

Did Waluigi, Ridley, or K.Rool shape the gaming history or is one of the main gaming icons when people think of video games like Pacman? Not at all.
Personally I find Pac man as a character to be boring, and would like the 3 you mentioned, but considering the company is working on smash, and they have the chance to put in pacman, in a game that celebrates nostalgia and Nintendo's history. While Pacman does not directly influence Nintendo, he helped the video game industry as a whole. Afterall, video games were kind of looked down upon a little bit at the time. This makes it so it's pretty much mandatory to put him in.

IMO Miis are blank slate characters. They are only as awesome as you make them out to be. If you take them as they are, they are boring, of course that's kind of the point because they are about customization, so you make them what you want.

I'm rather neutral on Miis. They kind of a hard character to like, and hard to dislike, because of their customizable nature.

I know for "true gamers" Miis are really insignificant. You underestimate how many games have Miis in them. It's very likely for some people's only games they've played/seen of Nintendo.
Also have you seen some of the Mii games? A lot of the time they are the most fun playthroughs to watch, using the same type of Vibe of Mario Party, but aren't restricted to just being Mario themed.

I wasn't asking for their inclusion for a variety of reasons, but saying that they shouldn't have gotten into SSB4 is a little silly imo.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well, instead of Waluigi and Ridley(Waluigi deconfirmed, and Ridley is most likely too). K.Rool, though, we'll see... As for the miis - ough, you like miis?:scared:
Yes? I love some pretty good games from the Mii series like Wii Sports Resort and the Mii Plaza games :/

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
yay, more ugly characters! More pixelgarbage! /sarcasm

How can we possibly have peace with pacman next to palutena? It's like introducing a Lada next to a Lamborghini... not to speak about the horrible Mii's that were announced to be in there... hopefully these mii's are only available through offline play or just with friends... I don't wanna fight against ugly mii's and celebrities...
Miis are offline only.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yes? I love some pretty good games from the Mii series like Wii Sports Resort and the Mii Plaza games :/
I respect yr opinion. I played some of the mii-games as well, but I hate the fact that theyre in ssb4.

Then again, I just red that the usage of miis online is limited, which is great.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Warning: This post does contain a lot of opinions, read at your own risk. :bubblebobble:

Did Waluigi, Ridley, or K.Rool shape the gaming history or is one of the main gaming icons when people think of video games like Pacman? Not at all.
Personally I find Pac man as a character to be boring, and would like the 3 you mentioned, but considering the company is working on smash, and they have the chance to put in pacman, in a game that celebrates nostalgia and Nintendo's history. While Pacman does not directly influence Nintendo, he helped the video game industry as a whole. Afterall, video games were kind of looked down upon a little bit at the time. This makes it so it's pretty much mandatory to put him in.

IMO Miis are blank slate characters. They are only as awesome as you make them out to be. If you take them as they are, they are boring, of course that's kind of the point because they are about customization, so you make them what you want.

I'm rather neutral on Miis. They kind of a hard character to like, and hard to dislike, because of their customizable nature.

I know for "true gamers" Miis are really insignificant. You underestimate how many games have Miis in them. It's very likely for some people's only games they've played/seen of Nintendo.
Also have you seen some of the Mii games? A lot of the time they are the most fun playthroughs to watch, using the same type of Vibe of Mario Party, but aren't restricted to just being Mario themed.

I wasn't asking for their inclusion for a variety of reasons, but saying that they shouldn't have gotten into SSB4 is a little silly imo.
Point taken, but I feel a huge game like ssb infected with miis, is disgusting at best. Just my personal opinion.
Smashbros for me has always been a game where everything looks, sounds, and feels really good, Then the miis are thrown into the mix... It's an eyesore.

Last edited:

CheapMovieMonster

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryLink17
3DS FC
1891-1579-9718
I'm not TOO suprised Pac-man got in since I already knew Namco was involved in this installment of smash, although I thought a character from the Tales of series would get added or something, but it is nice that classic Pac-man is back on the scene again just like classic Megaman.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Point taken, but I feel a huge game like ssb infected with miis, is disgusting at best. Just my personal opinion.
Smashbros for me has always been a game where everything looks, sounds, and feels really good, Then the miis are thrown into the mix... It's an eyesore.
Ness, Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Mario, Peach, Olimar are all eye sores for me. I know what it's like. But I'm not going to let a few things that I don't care for/dislike ruin my enjoyment for the characters that I do love. :bubblebobble: Besides, if everyone is special, then no one is.

Edit: Of course I'm not saying those characters should be removed at all.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
What's so bad about Miis, what are your reasons for hating them?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
They just don't fit in smash imo. No matter how popular they are.
Mr. Game & Watch doesn't fit on Smash, Snake doesn't fit on Smash, ROB doesn't fit on Smash, oh! EXCEPT THEY DO!

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
I'm very impressed with all the characters so far. Even the Mii looks great and I think the ideas with the custom move set is great. I saw recent looks of Pac-Man and I was afraid that he wouldn't fit, but they chose a great model. The move set looks incredible too except I felt he should have turned everyone into a blue ghost and cased them around in original Pac-man style for his final smash. Overall this is amazing.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Mr. Game & Watch doesn't fit on Smash, Snake doesn't fit on Smash, ROB doesn't fit on Smash, oh! EXCEPT THEY DO!
My worst nightmare was about miis getting confirmed, mostly because their bad visual designs.
G&W looks great, though.

Maybe the shock got the better of me.
It might not be as bad as I'm feeling it is.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
My worst nightmare was about miis getting confirmed, mostly because their bad visual designs.
G&W looks great, though.

Maybe the shock got the better of me.
It might not be as bad as I'm feeling it is.
Their visual designs aren't horrible at all, they're supposed to be minimalistic caricatures of the user.

Besides, that Iwata Vs. Reggie trailer was enough to make up for any Mii gripes.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Their visual designs aren't horrible at all, they're supposed to be minimalistic caricatures of the user.

Besides, that Iwata Vs. Reggie trailer was enough to make up for any Mii gripes.
if they're supposed to be minimal, that sounds pretty horrible to me too

Top Bottom