• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Ranking Battle 1.2 - Success!

mio

Smash Ace
the elusive brendan will be the only person in the building receiving the "VIP/Legit/Can do w/e the **** I want" pass 2morrow... anyone without this pass that tries anything funny will have to wrestle Levi

Lovage

Smash Hero
hey is anyone from 818 coming to this? i live right off the 101 super duper on the way and i'll help with gas

lets do this!
aim me lingbling6

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Something's come up today that I can't miss, can't make it this time. . .sorry Mio.

Lovage

Smash Hero
shoutouts

MIO - i couldn't find you before i went home but i wanted to thank you for hosting these tournies, they're a lot of fun and i really think they're helping out the santa barbara/woodland hills guys get practice in, you rock

strain's dad - LMAO you're the man

strain - good ****, keep it up because i definitely know you got what it takes to stop forest fires

andy - you too :)

helmet & crash - you guys are good, find more people to practice with and you'll get better hella fast

dantefox & the SB krew - you guys are all way better than i expected, good sht

brendan and derek - ****

larry - good stuff as always

kevin - you're really good, come to dunks house sometime/post on the boards

brawl people - ya'll suck for playing a **** game. cept rich brown hes cool

mio

Smash Ace
Lovage! It was nice to see you again man, glad you could make it. Too much tech skill, too much **** for me right now!

And thanks to everyone else who was able to make it out! Oxnard Ranking Battle 1.2 was a huge success. We ended up having a Brawl Minus Singles tourney and Brawl Crews after all the tournaments were done, and I'm pretty sure everyone that attended had a blast. Who knows what's in store for 1.3, all we know is that there will be more hype, more sickness! As of Ranbat 1.2, the current overall rankings are:

Brawl Singles
1st: Junk - 15 (+5)
2nd: DEHF - 10 (+10)
3rd: SomeRandomKid - 8 (+1)
4th: Rich Brown - 7 (+7)
5th: Jordon - 6 (+1)
6th: Zork - 4 (+1)
7th: ViceGrip - 3 (+3)
8th: Kevin Magic - 1 (+1)
8th: John - 1
8th: Mio - 1
8th: Zack - 1
8th: Cecil - 1

Melee Singles
1st: DanteFox - 12 (+5)
2nd: Helmet - 11 (+1)
3rd: Lovage - 10 (+10)
4th: DEHF - 7 (+7)
5th: Craiger - 5
6th: Kevin Magic - 3 (+3)
6th: Mio - 3
7th: Strain - 1 (+1)
7th: Crash Override - 1 (+1)
7th: Andeh - 1 (+1)
7th: S2R - 1
7th: Double D - 1
7th: Soren - 1
7th: LEV! - 1

For Full Results (with doubles & brawl minus singles), please see the aib tournament page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9975

Once again, thanks to all who made it out! Have a great 4th of July weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again at Ranbat 1.3 in two weeks (on Friday, July 16th)!!! I'm gonna get some sleep, then I'll make the threads/tournament pages for 1.3 in the morning. Good **** today Socal.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for holding this mio, Lovage is right, its definitely helping out the SB guys get some outside exposure. It was fun, competitive and everyone had a good positive attitude which made it worth the trip. Shoutouts

Crash - you suck **** at home and then u go to tournaments and actually compete, your gay

Cho- I owe you a butt whooping next time we play and you owe me a meal at the your restraunt ;)

Dante- props for your not pussing it and going puff against me, but good stuff overall. get ***** much in teams by ryan and me?

Mio- your getting better each and every get together. keep hosting

Brenden- liked the t-shirt and hat. had the most fun in the doubles match with you guys. I also liked your fox, would love to play more

Andy- friendlies at the end of the day were enjoyable, keep up the good work

Kevin- eventually we will play :)

Oscar- liked watching you play yesterday, in particular a d-air ledge cancel into neutral air match that u had. you and larry play at another level. i think id want to see bushy tailed fox rather than cold steel falco next time :). thx for the tips and the **** and your a good guy to boot

everyone take care

CableCho57

Smash Lord
This tourney was really good! Not a lot of entrants but lovage and Larry made it worth while. Thanks for the tips on my falco you guys.

And mio you and I did pretty well in teams dude! Get ***** helmet and Ryan! Haha
and we shouldve had that set against brendan and his samus partner!

joeplicate

Smash Master
did you guys let oscar win with falco

4 shame

nah his falco ***** actually
if he ever decides to main it he'll keep ******
but he'll do it with a lot more style

Adam M!

Smash Lord
ya i tell him to main falco all the time :(

watch, one day he's gonna start getting ***** and then main falco and john it as it's more fun

D

Deleted member

u should post big names that are coming in the thread title

if people knew larry was coming your attendance probably woulda shot up

everybody loves larry

craiger

Smash Apprentice
haha man i'm bumbed. I totally couldn't make it out, and everyone I know was there too! everyone be sure to make it next time because I will be there

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts:

mio: thanks for the tourney. your luigi is a trip. i like how our samus luigi fights were so slow and floaty haha

strain: good **** man! we got second in doubles woot
lovage: car ride was funny lol. your spacies are bada$$ btw
helmet: you're good man. you definitely have tech skill/mind games down. you just need to be more active at tournaments to gain that extra push
crash: very close set in pools. you're really good for the amount that you practice. same goes to you helmet
cable: you play really calmly lol it's tight. hope to play you again.
larry: fun matches. you read me like a book you *******
unknownpresence: **** your marth! $#%#@&# hahah i hate and love that matchup
dantefox: i like your play style. it's different from other foxes for some reason. i'll be moving to SLO soon so i'll probably play you a lot more.
craiger: go next time!! havent played you in forever daawh
brawl players: lame-o's

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
lovage - is there a thread for dunks smashfests where i can get an address?

melee
larry - always fun to play with ya
lovage - thanks for being so cool with me again
dante - you're gettin bttr but ill get ya next time :p
helmet - ya we def need to play, i need ganon exp
crash - nice meeting ya and i was surprised you didnt marth ditto me but aj told me why (chinchilla boy), but ur falco was good too so it works out
cho - its always close with you but you always sd randomly O.o
andy - ur samus is gettin rlly good, its probly bttr than mine now lets ditto again just for funsies next time :p
craiger - same as andy, u surprised me a lot with how much bttr u guys are gettin
mio - great tourny man rlly organized, if u alrdy had set-ups it would be as good as 2GG i think

brawl (melee ppl dont hate XD)
zekey - thnx for taking me, ull falco will start ****** soon
eddy - work on finishing
jordon - im sorry man
SRK - youre a great player, hopefully we can play more since ur back in 818
Junk - we didnt get to play but ic ur gettin rlly good and you would def beat me
vicegrip - i love our matches, hopefully ill get ya next time
richbrown - sorry i messed up in crews, but thnx for bein so cool about it

Strain

Smash Apprentice
finally my brother isn't playing HoN on my computer and I'm not that tired so I can take my time writing this :D

mio - nice to see you again! You seemed to have gotten a lot better too, your up+b kills in doubles were sick. Thanks for hosting such an awesome tournament :)
andeh - screw attack + upsmash = rapeeeee. We need to play doubles more
helmet - it was really fun playing and talking to you. Hope to see you again soon
dantefox - playing your fox was fun. Your playstyle was way different than mine I had no idea what to expect half the time lol. Jigglypuff third match :'(
lovage - TOO ****ING GOOD. thanks for playing all those friendlies with me and showing me ways to improve. I feel like I know the falco matchup a mliion times better now. oh and when I got home my dad forgot your gamer tag and said he was going to call you McLovin XD
unknownpresence - good to see you again. I wish I could play against you more, I need more practice against marth :(
larry - rapeeeeeeeee. **** shoes as well. also your brawl match with oscar was one of the funniest things i've seen in a while
crash - good times talking to you. your falco was really good too. you better be at the next one!
cable - I was surprised how easily you would switch characters. I'd especially want to play your falco again
rich brown - you seem like an awesome dude. you should play melee more! :D
thegreatleon - you're a cool guy. I also thoroughly enjoyed the drawings you made on the pools sheets
plan 9 - you're really funny, and you had the greatest looks while watching larry and oscar play lol.
craiger - We both need to make it to the next one! Rematch for sureeeeeee
Ash - Mio's Tournament > Zoroastrian Olympics

sorry if I forgot anyone!

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Brawl is awesome, thanks for all the help thus far Junk. Vice I hope to get you in tournament again soon since I realized the grab release possibilities like two minutes after our last one :D

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
There is a tournament this friday right? the 16th? im gonna be there with ryan. dante and cho you guys can come along too, even though u guys tried to break my engine, you are forgiven. but to get a ride you must bring a set up :) if you want to do some friendlies this week before hand im in. hopefully we can get an even better turn out. i can bring a set up and even a recorder if need be. let me know whats your deals are. you guys (ryan, cho, and dante) suck, get *****, hard...by yours truly, me :)

Top Bottom