• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ownapalooza XII Tournament - Concord, CA - January 9th, 2011

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I should be able to make it to this with a setup. . .

I know I said I would come last time, but I underestimated the importance of that day and the amount id need to work on a class presentation that tuesday.

but since I dont have another presentation this semester, I wont have to worry about that now.

if TL;DR: Im coming to eat some combo food. . . .with setup

L__

Smash Master
Isn't there more business on Saturdays?

I'm not sure but I think that it has something to do with that... like... them being able to make more money that way.

:/

WassupJB

Smash Lord
TOURNAMENT DATE CHANGE, and One Man Crews is now an event

TOURNAMENT DATE IS NOW MAY 16TH! i will be having back to back tournaments.

One Man Crews it's not on some low tier tourney BS it will be an event you must sign up for and it WILL happen. check out the rules and payout. it will be fun.

also check out my regional tournament in july
Good S*** German

Digitalism

Smash Cadet
Haha no way, I was seriously considering suggesting a 3v3 type battles after playing a lot of CvS2, because it could fit into smash so well. How'd you get the idea for it?

WassupJB

Smash Lord
don't be late dejuan.

i thought iron man was one man crews but 5 characters?

i was inspired to do this one man crew thing by a sjsu biweekly that happened years ago. the only set i remember watching is isai clocking in on ian using samus, luigi and..i can't remember the last character it wasn't sheik or falcon though. but it was very entertaining.

Zoap

Smash Master
one man crews is in no way a new idea, but it still *****. the last character was probably ganon jb. With the date changed I should be making this.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i most likely am

the only thing that gives me pause is that there are back to back weeks of it, and it's not a very convenient location for me; so if a lot of other people decide to only go to one of them, then i would follow

joeplicate

Smash Master
the last time i played was yesterday. then the time before that was saturday. then we had a huge smashfest on friday.

playing a lot *****

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Opinions

Should i do double elimination or single elimination for one man crews?

i think we have the time to do double elimination because we usually finish all events around 7 and we have the place till 10.

anyway please tell me what you guys think?

Top Bottom