• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overall Discussions

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I am willing to edit my discussion threads so no new base threads have to be made. This will be my last post on here for a while but I kinda had to tell you, and if there is key research, I will do it.

But I do need PM's with the relevance and the like of the thing I will be testing from someone who hasn't royally pissed me off. I will not be updating the guide for a while likely but I am willing to update the three following threads and potentially a fourth:

Moveset Discussion
Character Matchup Discussion
Stage Discussion

Possibly also the frame data thread, I need good reasons. I still use Jigglypuff but I don't like the boards.

Also, one thing I haven't shared....

There is a systematic way to test the ledge lightsteps. First of all, you need hacks.

Then, you need to have a video of the instance. We have one for both the sing and the jump lightstep so thats fine. Download it using Youtube Downloader.exe from the internet and get the .flv. Then, there is a program that will convert it high quality for you, I can you the link. Convert it to a .avi

Then download VirtualDub. Go to filters and go to Bob Doubler, choose top frame first and use ELA version. Click ok, then go back to filters and on the thing it should say preview (if you don't say ok, it won't activate). Then, go near the clip and go frame by frame to see where the jump happened and what frame of the grab to cancel it. Replicate this using the pause debugger mode in Homebrew (PM me for it) and use aerials of others attacking Jigglypuff to test the invincibility of it.

I'm personally too lazy to do so myself but it is very useful information. Chances are it only works on frames 1 or so within a certain range.

Finally, the songs on my guide are too epic.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh yeah and 1 more thing. Please PM me if you are going to do this because I have information in addition that will put the average person comatose within 30 seconds for the rest of their life upon hearing.

Top Bottom