• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd love to see the MGS2 theme, but let's if the whole plagiarism thing let's it slide in.

As for Revengeance, Rules of Nature and It Has to Be This Way are the best choices. Granted, the whole soundtrack could work, but those two are the likeliest ones to appear.
I dunno. They're certainly the most popular tracks in MGR, but there's probably going to be an issue with the vocals and copyright or whatever. Same reason we didn't get Fly me to the Moon with Bayonetta.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I dunno. They're certainly the most popular tracks in MGR, but there's probably going to be an issue with the vocals and copyright or whatever. Same reason we didn't get Fly me to the Moon with Bayonetta.
Not gonna lie, both are really good as instrumentals also. However, without the lyrics they feel less epic...

Curious, what do you mean by copyright? Platinum Games and Konami both gave them the A-OK to put Bayo and Snake.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If I listed every song I wanted from Metal Gear in Smash, the list would go on for far too long. So I'll just do one per game.

Metal Gear - Red Alert
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - Zanzibar Breeze
Metal Gear Solid - The Best is Yet to Come
The Twin Snakes - The Armory: Alert
Metal Gear Solid 2- Solidus Snake Battle
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Main Theme
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Victory Song
Portable Ops - Showtime
Peace Walker - Zero Allies
Ghost Babel - Duel
Metal Gear Rising - I'm My Own Master Now (Spirit of the Wolf Mix)
Metal Gear Solid V - Sins of the Father (Trailer Version)
Metal Gear Survive - Haven't played it. Don't care.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If I listed every song I wanted from Metal Gear in Smash, the list would go on for far too long. So I'll just do one per game.

Metal Gear - Red Alert
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - Zanzibar Breeze
Metal Gear Solid - The Best is Yet to Come
The Twin Snakes - The Armory: Alert
Metal Gear Solid 2- Solidus Snake Battle
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Main Theme
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Victory Song
Portable Ops - Showtime
Peace Walker - Zero Allies
Ghost Babel - Duel
Metal Gear Rising - I'm My Own Master Now (Spirit of the Wolf Mix)
Metal Gear Solid V - Sins of the Father (Trailer Version)
Metal Gear Survive - Haven't played it. Don't care.
Pretty solid list (:awesome:).

Though I don't think Survive should be mentioned in this thread. :laugh:

Iridium

Smash Hero
How will it feel having Ally back? His interest in Snake has not dropped. Even Tweek has thought about using him too! Maybe MVD as well!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I may get Metal Gear Survive at some point in the future but I'll buy it used and if I hit a Microtransaction wall I'll just stop playing. Honestly, I love the gameplay of The Phantom Pain so much that I'd probably enjoy Survive for what it is. I just don't want to support that way of Konami. I can't. I think they can carry Metal Gear without Kojima and Castlevania without Igarashi but as of now they have yet to prove it in any capacity. They need to start taking risks and making changes within the company to make sure that we get some good games. Whether they're doing well in Pachinko or not doesn't really matter. They be making money but they're shares are dropping because of how bad their immediate outward presentation is. We'll see I guess. I'm just waiting on, at least, Rising 2.

TheSoldier

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0559-7730
I hope his codec returns. And since pit + palutena return, we could SO have a codec call where palutena interrupts the conversation.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I hope his codec returns. And since pit + palutena return, we could SO have a codec call where palutena interrupts the conversation.
This would be awesome! Something like Snake get's Otacon for Pit, Palutena hijacks Snake's codec when he calls for Otacon for Palutena's assistance and Viridi hijacks the codec when he calls for Dark Pit assistance.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Can't wait for the codec taunt where Snake compares Greninja to Gray Fox, Mewtwo to himself, and Inkling to Machinegun Kid :troll:
Also it never hit me until now we'll likely get a Snake amiibo.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I really hope they bring back Codec conversations. Can't wait to potentially see the dialogue for characters like :ultwiifittrainer:,:ultpichu:,:ultduckhunt:,:ultridley:,:ultmewtwo:,:ultbayonetta: ,:ultdoc: and :ultcloud:.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
They've gotta redo some of the codecs from Brawl too, since :jigglypuff: and :sonic:'s mentioned Brawl specifically.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does anyone know if an official Snake Ultimate Discord is out yet?
There's a thread for a Discord in Snake's Forum if you want to check that out.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman

Can't wait to see more fan art of Snake finally meeting other characters, like this.:

And look! Samus is so happy to see Snake back!!!
Capture5.JPG

Oh, Kojima retweet the Smash Trailer.:
Capture.JPG

Kinda unrelated to the topic, Kojima did give a thumbs up to this tweet. He also retweet it.:

He also visited the Ubisoft booth and there is a picture of him holding the Arwing toy.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The one with Snake and Rosalina puts a smile on my face in a big way. Looks to me like she’s taken an interest in him.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
My choices for music for the Metal Gear series for this game so far.

-All the ones from Brawl (except for maybe Cavern)
-Metal Gear Saga - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (considering Snake was announced in the games 10 year anniversary, it makes sense)
-Sins of the Father - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
-Rules of Nature - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
-It Has to Be This Way (Instrumental) - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
-The Best Has Yet to Come - Metal Gear Solid

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I straight up didn't have space to put Bayo in there.

Plus, she's not close at the level as the others in terms of gaming legacy.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Some Smash related fan art of Snake.:

Snake asking Cloud for an autograph.:

Here is an comic of Samus meeting Old Snake, This made me wanna cry. :cry::
SPOILER]

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This looks great! I hate to nitpick, but you missed one third party character.
It’s better that she’s not in it. She’s not as iconic and doesn’t have the legacy these character should have.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Bayonetta, I found this comic of Snake meeting Bayonetta.:
[

I also found an comic of Pit found Snake and Palutena in an box.:

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
If Snake is capable of anything, how about rescuing a whole family from a house fire? That's what happened yesterday in my headcanons.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
New Smash Blog Post!
Today's Fighter #31: Snake
"Back by popular demand, Snake brings a ranged fighting style unlike any other fighter in the game. His Final Smash locks onto an opponent and fires five homing missiles."

Back by Popular Demand. That feels so good to read, especially after years of enduring naysayers saying he didn't fit or doesn't deserve a spot. And this also means that our work in the smash ballot really did help out his return.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
New Smash Blog Post!
Today's Fighter #31: Snake
"Back by popular demand, Snake brings a ranged fighting style unlike any other fighter in the game. His Final Smash locks onto an opponent and fires five homing missiles."
The part that I bolded is why I missed him so much - while I liked a lot of the Smash 4 newcomers, none of them were quite as fun as Snake's remote controlled missiles, well-timed mortars, and C4 that could be placed, left long enough to be forgotten about, and then detonated when the opponent least expected it. I'm so glad to have him back in Smash!

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to see :ultsnake: fight Daisy and some more characters from the previous Smash games that Snake had never fight before. (:ultwiifittrainer::ultgreninja::ultshulk::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultlucina::ultpichu::ultroy::ultyounglink::ultvillager::ultdarkpit::ultdoc::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultmewtwo:) It's so nice to see Snake fighting and interacting with the other characters that he had never met before become a reality.

Plus, we can now have an fight of this.:

:ultsnake: vs. :ultduckhunt:

Here is a short comic of Mario welcoming back Snake to Smash.:

Some more fan art of Snake in Smash.:

Pixel Art of Snake, and how he was made.:

Last edited:
Top Bottom