• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of order, new matchup thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
it's alright. ill mm him if i ever see him and jumpshine camp the hell out of him (peach REALLY can't do anything about this). then i'll tell him im that scrub castorpollux that he was arguing against

ISH EDIT: Everyone needs to relax x_x

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Idk if he reported you, it could've been a mod on the boards that just wanted to prevent things from getting out of hand.

Let's stop all the attacks and stuff, last thing I want is people coming in here to make things worse :urg:

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That last image always says "picture unavailable" for me :< What's it supposed to be?

Also, yeah matchup discussions fail on the boards for the most part.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
X_________________________________x

Love you too JJ <3 lol

So wait, are we actually discussing anything now? Or is this temporarily another social-type thread? :p

rvkevin

Smash Lord
So wait, are we actually discussing anything now? Or is this temporarily another social-type thread? :p

This was temporarily a laugh at the Peach boards for making common misconceptions about Wolf thread.

Well after TL is Pit, but I'm not sure if anyone is qualified to speak on that match up.

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Pit eh?
I reguarly brawl and play a person named Pitzer, dont know if any of you have heard of him, and i have ALOT of experience in this match up.
Most Pit's will do nothing from far range but spam arrows, which can be predicted by camping the reflector at a long range. They may try to shield them back with their downB but reflector holds long enough to stop it.
In the air try to surprise the enemy with Bair's and hit them as they attempt to recover (If they do it high).
If you are caught in a side B DI out wait for it to either run out or jump over and bair while they are still lagging from the move.
His smashes are fast but are usually canceled out by Wolf's F-smash.
In this match, the Dair is a Godsend, hit them as they recover and you could earn an early gimp that could win you the match.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Pit eh?
I reguarly brawl and play a person named Pitzer, dont know if any of you have heard of him, and i have ALOT of experience in this match up.
Most Pit's will do nothing from far range but spam arrows, which can be predicted by camping the reflector at a long range. They may try to shield them back with their downB but reflector holds long enough to stop it.
In the air try to surprise the enemy with Bair's and hit them as they attempt to recover (If they do it high).
If you are caught in a side B DI out wait for it to either run out or jump over and bair while they are still lagging from the move.
His smashes are fast but are usually canceled out by Wolf's F-smash.
In this match, the Dair is a Godsend, hit them as they recover and you could earn an early gimp that could win you the match.
Another Sova Wolf. Why can't you all be in Nova so you can go to Md/Va tournies.
>_______________________>

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Let me go message Anonano. He is a mod for Link boards and a Link/Wolf main. I bet his take on the match up is very credible.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well, I guess since we're not formally "discussing" anything, feel free to throw in whatever is sorta relevant until Sess comes back :3

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, I've been preoccupied by a combination of laziness and The Dragon Age: Origins, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Added toon link stuff so discuss pit.

In my opinion its close to even or slightly in pits favor.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No it's 5/5 though Pit is a lot better than everybody thinks. Nobody knows how good that character is. I used to play him for a while so I know what works against him and what not. Most people lose to Pit because they still don't know the match-up but if you know what to do against him as Wolf it's very even.

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Well, i already Posted my say on the pit matchup, But the overall matchup is pretty even if both players know what they are doing.
I would go 55:45 Pits favour.

And fatal, are you Starlight's bf?

tekkie

Smash Master
if you saw my 1000th post youd have my opinion on the pit matchup. 55:45 pit's favor, maybe 52:48 or something awesome like that

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
I dont think anybody else has anything to say about the pit:wolf matchup.
Perhaps its time to move on?

tekkie

Smash Master
just copy/paste this in the front page and we'll be done

edit: fine. here's my take on the worst character ever: Pit

first of all, before you start the match, make sure to poke fun at your opponent because pit's lame.

second, when you start the first match, shine. there's a good chance they're gonna try to shoot you straight up, and this is a free arrow to the face. now that that's done, run around and try to hit him with bair. DON'T FSMASH OR DO ANYTHING PUNISHABLE. pit's grab sucks but a grab at 0 is a free %32 at least, up to %60 if you dont DI away or roll away or something.

fsmash twice beats that stupid forward B crap iirc; once clashes it out and the second hits him. fair isnt that great in this matchup because that ****ty sword/bow thing has decent range. use it as a punisher. watch out for bair and fair; they have weird startup so you might try to attack only to get a sword to the face.

when you get knocked offstage prepare to freak out if your opponent is good with arrows. if they play their cards right, you're in trouble. five arrows in a row is a **** good gimp tool. if you're horizontal enough, you could probably jump and airdodge at the same time and then side B, but wolf can get shot during the start of his wolf flash so in an ideal situation you cant really recover. if you hold shine for a while they might back off but the whole recovering against pit thing is just hoping for the best.

also if pit sits on the edge, dont try to do anything because hes gonna uair you and that move is a *****. it outprioritizes a lot of ****, and that dsmash/dtilt isnt gonna happen. he'll also probably try to juggle you with it. so don't get hit. lol

eventually, pit is gonna try to kill you with fair, bair, or fsmash. you can DI out of the first hit of fsmash. fair and bair **** face. watch out for that crap.

basically, if you start playing defensively, pit will probably start mixing up actual approaches with arrows. dont get hit. be careful with shine; the cooldown can get you *****.

oh and shine glide attack.

pit isnt too hard to kill but if you whiff a smash you're gonna get hit. same with pit, though. lol. fsmash is a good punisher. just be prepared to use it ONLY WHEN YOU KNOW IT WILL HIT

this matchup is a *****, and i know the boards will probably conclude with "bair is awesome 70:30 wolf" but realistically its probably slight advantage pit or something

hot **** that was useful,

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
We seem to be getting a bit lazy with our MU discussions... >_>

Whatever. I don't know much about Wolf vs Pit so I can't help out =/

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
DK is ***** by the lazer.
Dont forget to bair spam.

You dont really need anything else to win the match =/