• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of order, new matchup thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
you can technically bait anything Gah777, you just have to notice the playstyle of your opponent and abuse it.
say i'm playing a snake and i notice that he favors spot dodging, i could just run at him with no intention of attacking and bait that spotdodge and when he does it i can punish

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
SelfPossessed is correct, and uair is very fast; said situation is not at all theoretical. ZSS players use this technique all the time, actually. Uair to force a reaction (shine, in this case, or an airdodge) and punish it with another uair. It's reliable and very easy.

He is not correct in that MK's uair is "better." It certainly ends faster and is easier to spam, but ZSS' uair has the closest thing Smash offers to god priority and comes out very very quickly. It beats almost every aerial (the only exception being King Dedede's down air).

tekkie

Smash Master
Alright, I guess we can start toon link now.

IMO wolf has the advantage.
toon link is an *******.

/sums up my opinion on every matchup

the projectiles are crazy, toon link is short and therefore a jerk to hit safely when grounded, has excellent recovery, and doesnt have trouble KOing. wofl can shine stuff but that's begging for a grab. wofl's only useful approach, SHbair, is kind of okay but thats begging for a retreating boomerang or something.

little *******

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Walk > PS to approach through his projectiles. Not hard to do at all, and very very helpful.

I said some stuff about the MU in the TL's matchup thread, if I'm ever not being lazy I'll revisit that and pull some stuff over here :p

:059:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
TL does not have an easy time killing his kill moves are easy to see comin. Learning to PS is a must dont shine stuff unless ur far away

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yeah. Bait his Usmash or grounded Uair. Just stay grounded. Powershield or shield the Usmash and Dsmash him.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hey random question, if Tink zairs you and you shine what happens? does the hookshot extend his hurtbox so he gets hit? or does it just phase through you?
I've only ever played a couple Tinks but he dies super fast from what I've seen, a good dsmash will kill at around 100-120% if not sooner. His bair is so annoying too... does it beat ours?

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to try and make a summary for this sometime next week, I've been busy studying for mid terms. So add more info if you have it including things like counterpicks.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Why would you shine it instead of shield/PS it? @_@

Idk how long the zair hitbox is active, but I'd assume you just dodge it and then he kills you during lag.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yea it's best just to charge in and PS it. Spot dodging and shining it leave u open to be hit

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
that wasnt the point guys XD i just wanted to know, would it hit you? would it backfire and hit him?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
that wasnt the point guys XD i just wanted to know, would it hit you? would it backfire and hit him?
It prolly wud not have any effect on u due to invincibility frames then hed swipe u with his sword. I actually don't know does his chain have a lasting hit?

tedeth

Smash Master
Umm you might be able to avoid it with invincibility. But yeah I wouldn't reccomend it you'd just get hit afterwards.

I think what Goldenadept was asking is does the zair have a hurtbox. If this was the case, then the answer is no. You cannot hit the zair to hit TL.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I play a very good toonlink(kingtoon) a lot and beat him in tournament this past weekend. Toon link is a weird mu. His spam you can't beat with your spam and your reflector but mainly if he has a great camping game, you must approach. Our bair outranged his fair so look to bair A LOT in this mu. At low %(0-15%) if he hits you with a dsmash at the end of the stage it will send you REALLY far off the stage, you will still be able to recover but look out for the spam because if it hits you, your dead.

Gah777

Smash Lord
is this not the social thread?

i thought all stickies were social threads

castorpollux

Smash Champion
yah i think this is a sign to move onto the next character. I personally hate toon links, but thats just a personal hatred for the character and i have no idea wat the match up ratio is

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So Pit now? Uhhhhhh. I have no idea what this matchup is. This is my least played of any match up. I've played Yoshi, Samus, and Sonic more then Pit.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
is this not the social thread?

i thought all stickies were social threads
Shhh, don't let the outsiders find out >___________>

But yeah, it looks like we're ready to move on to the next character :p

Pit, someone please tell me what the deal is with that fthrow chaingrab :confused:

tekkie

Smash Master
kinda tried it out. seems to work after the second fthrow maybe. of course, then they can wait for the shine and raep you for it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom