• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of curiosity, what's the ratio of non-Smash players to Smash players now?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Link to original post: [drupal=5485]Out of curiosity, what's the ratio of non-Smash players to Smash players now?[/drupal]

I've only been here for a few years (2009 I believe), but after I quit Brawl sometime around 2010, I've still hung around here and been active. I haven't even talked about Smash period in what seems like a year or two and I've been conversing with people that I suspect also haven't done that. I'm obviously not going to get an actual correct answer, but I've been wondering lately how big the non-Smashers group is here.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Obligatory joke answer: What's Smash?

Optional serious answer: I played pretty frequently up until ~2007, then occasionally up until ~2009, then now and then with a couple friends until ~2010.

Now I'm all but retired, and will play once in a blue moon if someone else wants to play. Which is not to say I dislike playing it, "it" being Melee, which is probably my favorite multiplayer game and also probably the only game I will never ever get sick of.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
I"m waiting for the next game to come out. I go to tournaments if they're not out of my way, but I've never made it out of pools and I honestly have more fun playing friendlies than the tournament itself. I don't go for money or to win, I go to play against people who are good. So I guess I kinda play, yeah.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I play two times a year, being that there is one smash tournament each at the two biggest anime conventions around where I live. Outside of that nothing really warrants sitting down to play it because it is more of a "sit down and play with friends" game to me and I'm basically a recluse. Brawl online isn't enough to play Smash either.

Similar to what Biz said, I am mostly waiting for the next one in the distant future.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'll assume competitive Smash which was probably sometime in early never. Not to say I was never into watching streams and pretending to be good, but my transition was more like "yeah I suck and I can't go to tournaments anyway."

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I've been going to tournaments since 2009 or 10 (I think 2010)
I still play Brawl and I'm getting into melee slowly. I'm now a TO and am planning on hosting my second regional event sometime this summer me hopes
I'm active in brawl for Northeast Ohio and melee for Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh has barely any brawl players)

:phone:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's funny, I'd like to consider myself an active player still, but I haven't really attended a tournament or really played since like 2011.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I go with VGBootcamp to stream Melee/Brawl tournaments, but I don't play anymore myself either. School > Smash.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I haven't played Smash (competitively) since about three months after my join date.

Still mess around with friends very occasionally, but that's it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I never played competitively outside of a single tournament. I have only played a few times in the past after I said screw it in 2008.

I'm just hoping the fourth game is actually good.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Given that there are no Smashers in my area that I know of, and the friends I have rarely play Smash Bros., let alone competitively, I pretty much stopped. I would play via wi-fi on a more competitive level, but Brawl wi-fi and competitive play do not really go hand-in-hand.

I've said this already, but I'm going to wait until Smash 4. If the online is as smooth as - say - MK9, I'll play online competitively, since I couldn't go to tourneys anyway due to lack of transportation and money.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd honestly play competitively more if I had a car and if I wasn't stuck without a Wii in my dorm room. That said I'm mostly waiting for the next game (and saving up for a Wii U), so that hopefully by then I'll have those problems solved and I'll be able to join in the competitive scene right away as well.

That said, no one I know plays Melee (which I'm glad as I like Brawl better), and only will play Brawl in a casual setting.

Top Bottom